Meeting with tears

Who are you ?

Meeting with tears

 

« Wendy, why are you giggling ? », Irene asks curious. They are in the waiting room and the show is about to start.

« Oh I'm texting with Taehyun oppa, he is telling me about his hyungs antics. »

« Is that so... »

« This morning Mino-shi was rolling like a mad man on his bed because he showered with cold water because of Seunghoon-shi. And yes, Seungyoon-shi is one of our fans ! », Wendy exclaimes. She smiles at the thought of this childish Mino.

« Guys like to laugh about their friends' misery, with Joy we receive many Got7 gossips. », Seulgi informs. The girls seem to keep contact with some rookie groups members, it is nice if they can befriend people around their age who has the same passion for music as them.

Irene sighs, she didn't exchange number with Mino. But it doesn't matter because he doesn't seem to like her. She rests her head against Seulgi's shoulder, skinship with her beloved members is always a remedy when she is troubled. She wishes she could get along better with the persons she meets.

 

The show ended and idols start to follow their manager to their next schedule in backstage. Red Velvet did a flawless performance and hug each other happily. The staff starts to pack their things after they changed of clothes. Irene decides to go to the restroom alone even if she would have like someone to accompany her.

The corridor is crowded and she is trying to avoid anybody or anything who could hit her. Her height doesn't give her the power to see across the people. Despite her attention, she ends bumping into someone. She stumbles under the force of the contact but two strong arms prevent her to fall. Repeating her apologies, she is facing the broad chest of a man who is comfortably taller than her. She finally raises her head to thank this person properly only to meet those dark eyes again.

 

Blend in with the crowd, they are staring at each other surprised. Mino let his arms slip away from her tiny frame and adopts a bored expression at the sight of those not so innocent shiny eyes. This girl isn't interresting and he cannot stand her. Irene notices he wasn't delighted to see her and searches in her mind what she could have done. She mumbles : « I'm sorry Mino-shi, I didn't see you... »

He was about to answer her when a heavy bag hits her on the shoulder. Irene grabs onto his arm to support herself.

The turmoil past, she opens her eyes and sees Mino looking pitifully at her. She looks away ashamed and hears him sigh. « Hold on », he simply says in his deep voice ans he starts to move.

The pair start to walk along the crowd, Irene still clinging on Mino. Her cheeks are flushed, she isn't used to be this close with a boy, but she likes the sensation so she keeps her hands like this. Mino lets her holding him, moreover her hands aren't gripping his arm like when she received the rush, they are slightly touching him.

 

« Where were you going ? », he demands her.

« To the restroom », she whispers. And he escorts her all the way to there.

When they stop at the door, she lets go of him politely. He adjusts his clothes and forgives her. She feels suddenly empty after breaking the contact. She knows he would leave soon so she takes her chance and shyly asks : « Can I have your phone number please ? »

He frowns, his look becomes sterner. It is difficult to face him because he is almost glaring at her.

« Do you really believe that I want to give you my number ? I'm not interrested by you and I don't care if I'm rude but we have nothing in common. I hate girls like you. » His voice is low but commanding. Tears appear in the corner of her eyes listening to his revelation.

« I'm sorry, I thought we could have been friends... », she stuttered lowering her eyes.

« You thought. », Mino says sharp. « I'll leave now. », cutting any possible discussion.

Still looking down, she watchs his feet moving away with her teary eyes. Then, she quickly opens the restroom's door to hide herself.

 

Mino admits he have been a bit harsh, but he wanted her to understand that he can't stand her. He knows it is against his values to judge people only with a first impression, but he learns from experience that those shallow girls are dangerous, they deceive you with their charms. He thinks he was right to reject her.

On his way back to his mates, Mino shivers feeling cold and absent-mindedly touchs his arm.

 

Tears are rolling silently on her cheeks while restroom's walls are hiding her. Irene is a sensitive girl and Mino's words wounded her heart. However, more than crying over her misadventure, she wants to proove that she is a kind girl even if she can be annoying sometimes. People reproachs her to be too childlike for her age, to have a princess image, but people also wanted her to act that way. More than that, she is like this and couldn't change herself. She had tried but nobody can play a character every day.

Irene wonders why she wants to catch his attention and she knows it is simply because she wants to feel love.