Meeting on an exhibition

Who are you ?

Meeting on an exhibition:

 

"Are you kidding me? You're sure it's the right place for a date? Could it not rather be because you wanted to go there and you didn't bother to search something for real?!!", Wendy's voice has raised some decibels into Taehyun's ears that he puts his fingers in them.

They decided to meet in a small coffeshop in Gangnam and now as they are settled sipping their drink they are conversing about the new soon-to-be couple. Wendy is counting on Taehyun to help her with the two lovebirds, she asks him to find some place for them to meet peacefuly. However, the boy seems to have other matters.

"Stop worrying over them, don't they both like art?", Taehyun states with an annoyed face, he didn't want to middle in this, he only did it to please Wendy as a good friend. Well, he has to admit he will be happy if Mino could hang out with a girl, his personnal space would improve into a quiet one. He is playing as a brat but he truely care about his friends actually.

"I'm not sure what you're offering is Irene's style as far as I know..." Taehyun's find is leaving her perplexed, she never saw Irene going to such an exhibition.

"People always missunderstand contemporary art!", he argues straight away.

"People are allowed to like it if they want!", she counters him.

It is not starting on the right way, they have to cooperate or find another idea. It must be stated that the exhibition in question is about the work of an obscure photographer who spent his life dealing with the themes of memory, women and death. The usual troubling issues of the man. Now, this is not the dreamed program for a date, moreover a date which aims at bringing closer a man and a woman. As for Wendy, she is almost sure she would not appreciate such a depressing exhibition if she were on a date.

"There is not something better to see? This is not the best really...", she tries to call to order.

"Listen, this is all I have and Mino hyung already agree to set a day aside to visit it." He thinks he did his part of the deal: Mino is coming. Well, he does not know it is not Taehyun he is going with but Irene instead. Wendy finds hard to believe it will work but persuades herself nonetheless: what matters is not this exhibition but the fact they will be together. It is so difficult for them to meet as idols, so why not accept Taehyun's offer who has already set a date with his hyung.

"Wait, tell me which day does he plans to go?", she remembers to ask, if it is good for Mino it has also to match with Red Velvet's schedule.

"You agree finally?", Taehyun understands amused.

"Yes, because we don't have anything else.", she surrenders.

"Good, I'll announce this to him, can't wait to see his pabo astonished face!", he exclaims already imagining the young man.

They exchange knowing looks and start to laugh, it is fun to play matchmakers for your friends, but as sensible adults they promise this is the last time they middle in their privacy. A privacy only those two can create and bloom. It is just a litle help as they say. They wish they could do the same.

 

*

 

When Taehyun announced he wanted to see some boring exhibition Mino decided to go with him because it was the chance to go outside the basement breathe a bit of fresh air. What he didn't expected is that that little brat put another prank on him. Well, he would be lying if he says he is not excited to the idea of seeing her again but at the same time he is worried if things will not go awkward, afterall they just meet briefly and need to get to know each other better. They both have to pass through their insecurities in order break the barriers they built to protect themselves if they want to go further in their relationship. It will be a difficult road because of their status.

Right now he sweeps away all those thoughts and decides to just enjoy the time they will have together as much as he can. Live his life to the full, sometimes it is not as easy as it seems in songs.

 

For once the sun is spreading his warm rays on Seoul city, a heatwave is almost called this day. Mino is waiting for his girl in front of the little art gallery, nervous and eager to see her. Looking around him, he sees the frontage of the building where is held the exhibition and notices dark and gloomy designs. What kind of photographs are there? Taehyun did not tell him what it is about but it seems that he better would have beware of the topic... If Irene does not like it? What if she feels like she is wasting her precious time? After being all giddy at the thought of the beautiful Irene, Mino is now biting his nails: it is the worst idea ever to have listen to his mate, it smells failure all the way and he did not prepare anything else.

 

From afar, an elegant lady arrives in blouse and dress her face enlighten by her light makeup. She is walking towards a special guy who is not looking at her but his phone searching for places to hang out last minute. Irene does not know what to expect and she is far from imagining Taehyun's sinister exhibition. Approaching him from behind, she playfully pats his shoulder. He turns around surprised and awkwardly smiles to the lovely woman who responds back greeting him genuinely. But his facial expression quickly changes to a worried one by the look of his bitting lips and wriggling eyebrows. "What's wrong?", Irene immediatly asks.

Now she is near him, Irene glances at his outfit which she has not paid attention earlier. His style is not on point compared to Irene, rappers fashion these days is not within the reach of everybody everytime. At least, it does not affect his handsomeness the later thought shyly.

"Erm, I think the exhibition Wendy and Taehyun booked for us is not... well, it is not fine to see I think..."

"What do you mean?", she asks again confused.

"I think it's not your taste, I can tell..."

"You know my taste now Mino-ssi?", she interrupts him playfully. "Come on, let's give it a try! It's our friends who booked it after all." She does not want people to think she has fixed ideas about things, she is opened to art.

"I'm not saying that I know you this well...", he starts, getting mixed up, "You don't know, Taehyun's ideas are not all good deals..." But Irene was already going through the entrance, so he can only follow her. In Mino's eyes, she seems to take this date with spirit and good mood as they were waiting to go inside the exhibition. He really likes this hairstyle she has since their comeback, that midlong dark hair suits her perfectly. Afterall, she is perfect he cheesily thought.

 

Once they are in the room, the atmosphere is set, all that remains is a creepy background music. Black walls everywhere that it is hard to distinguish what is written on the description boards. The the said artwork is the most worrying, the more they are closer to the pictures the more they fear to discover what is on them. Indeed, the mostly black and white pictures depict scenes about love and hate theme with the major figure of the cruel and fatal woman who haunts the man and makes him suffer as he keeps an unrequited and poisonous love. This presentation can appeal to somebody. The gallery starts with some crows and abandoned factories, then, chains, dead flowers, a real death mask of the artist close relation and suddenly... Obviously he should have be careful when the staff ask for their ID cards before going inside but he concluded a regular check. And now, he is here with a girl -Irene- looking at nudes!

 

to be continued...

 

A/N:

Hello everyone! Back after a hiatus of several months and I'm still decided to finish this story! This is short I agree, the truth is that I started this long ago but didn't finish it. I hope to post the next soon (can't promise when but it'll come because I've started it). Enjoy!

(If you have notice, they are still in summer, that's why they don't talk about comebacks or shows.) minrene ftw>>>

wanderingmood-

PS: Did you notice there is a cover now, thank you so much namf0nq!