Meeting at a café

Who are you ?

Meeting at a café :

 

Spring is blooming, the trees of the city are wearing their most beautiful colors. The sky is real blue despite pollution, sunbeams are giving some warmth if you face them. What an enjoyable day to begin with, Mino thinks. The young man decides he will do nothing today or maybe have a walk around to get some fresh air.

He steps out of the balcony and finds Seungyoon and Seunghoon waiting for him in the living room. They are looking at him strangely as if they were about to charge at him.

« What's up ? », Mino raises an eyebrow.

« You have a date today ! », the two answer with creepy eyes, and in a blink of eye they are dangerously near his face. Mino gulps, they look like real psychopaths who are planning something against him. Before he can open his mouth, they grab him by his shoulders and start to drag him to his room.

« What the  ?! », Mino finally lets out. The two had throw him on his bed and now his clothes are flying everywhere. A fine outfit, that is what they are searching for, they want an handsome Mino for his beautiful date. In the piles of men clothes, they opt for casual jeans and tee-shirt, not too elegant, no sloppiness as the week-end style one either.

« What is this date thing ? », Mino asks again.

The two Seungs turn around, the mess they created on their feet, smiling proudly at him like he won something. Mino notices his clothes on their hands and understands that they want him to wear them. Wait, did they really set him a date ?

« You have to undress. », says Seungyoon using this tone which makes you feel you are an idiot.

« First, you have to tell what's going on », repeats Mino fed up. He is used to things plot behind his back, but there is a time it has to end.

« We work hard for you, so play your part now. », Seunghoon speaks with hectic moves. « You'll meet your ideal type today. », he reveals excited and Seungyoon can't help his famous smug smile.

« Irene ? » Mino cannot believe this.

« Now, hurry up » Mino reluctanly dresses himself and as soon as he finished they are already on him, Seungyoon playing the hairdresser while Seunghoon is suffocating him with perfume.

« You put too much ! », protests Seungyoon.

« He has to attract her with his smell », replies Seunghoon.

« Ok, he is ready, give him his bag. Here you are this is the adress of the café. », he sums up handing him a paper. Then, they push him to the door, his shoes and jacket ready to go as well.

Once the mission accomplished, Mino is on the landing glaring at them whereas they are waving their hands hinting some silly knowing look. « It will work ! » they cheer, thumbs up. Mino feels like throwing something at them to erase their stupid smiles. He prefers to go downstairs escaping this madhouse before he begin violent.

Seungyoon and Seunghoon are proud as fathers seeing their son starts a family far from home. Finally, they had prefered a surprise attack rather than announcing it, he wouldn't have accepted anyway. From now, they will not interfere anymore.

 

Irene didn't made an effort of style for the date, all this story has troubled her so much she wants some explanations. This guy has crossed the line, she is about to loose her temper. It annoys her how her reactions are weak around him. Indeed, he has some effect on her, she forgave him easily, but this text messages thing was scarry. At first, she couldn't believe it was him, but once again people are capable of everything.

The first time she met him, she had want to befriend him and he didn't respond, she was only disappointed. The second time, he insults her after he helped her, she cried. The third time, he was laughing in front of everybody but threatening her when they were alone, she had to never talk to him again. The fourth time, it was this winter day when he hold her hands. She blushed. From the beggining she has to admit she is attracted to him, she even possibly likes him.

Irene shakes her head, she is angry at him and he is this weird texts sender that bother her for weeks !

 

Mino hesitates a lot before going to this forced date and yet he has to, he has to clear the misunderstanding. He runs his hand through his hair ruining Seungyoon's work and sighs soundly : how will he explain this to her ? He suddenly kicks the post next to him but stops immediately his foot in pain. « Argh ! »

When he arrives at the café, axiety overwhelm him and he hides himself from the windows. He quickly glances but can't find her. He scratchs his chin and sighs for the nth time : he looks ridiculous, he just has to push the door and tell her his friends' scheme.

Mino carefully enters the café and scans the place in order to find Irene. It seems like she isn't there, so he searchs somewhere to sit. That is when someone stops him in his pace by calling his name with a tiny voice.

 

It was already ten minutes she was waiting for him surrounding by sevral couples in the café. When spring is coming, she thinks that humans hormones start to wake up because couples flourish everywhere as soon as you put your nose outside. And there she is alone, preparing herself to face her false stalker.

After fifteen minutes of watching the entrance, he finally appears but that pabo doesn't notice her. She hits her forehead of exasperation and calls him. He acknowledges her presence wide-eyed :

« What did you do to your hair ? »

 

They are sitting in front of each other, their eyes wandering everywhere but the other's face. Irene is rubbing her napkin to calm down her nervousness. Mino is chewing a toothpick stressed. They are out of place compared to the rest of the customers.

« Sorry, I didn't recognize you with your blond hair. », he blurts out. He mentally notes that he doesn't like that color on her, she looks strange even sick.

« It's ok... Anyway, I want to know what the hell is this date thing ? » It escapes and Mino is a bit shocked to hear her speaking that way. She bites her lips to avoid further words.

« Look, I don't know how to explain this but that is not me who set up this date... », Mino tries to explain. « It Seungyoon and Seunghoon who did that. »

« You're telling me that your friends set a date for us ? »

« Yes thet's right, but I didn't know it until this morning », he justifies himself.

« But this is... this is weird. »

« I agree, this is weird. », he repeats, and then, thy stay quiet for a while. The waiter arrives with their orders and Mino pays the bill. Sipping their coffee slowly they don't exchange a single word.

 

« They sent you some texts to make you believe that I have a crush on you at first. Then, they had the idea of this date for us to spend some time together. I know it is confusing but I swear I do nothing, those fools... » Mino breaks the silence, this joke has to come to an end.

« I believe you. », she simply says with a straight face.

« I'm glad you believe me and I'm sorry they bother you so much. », he apologies. There is a blank and he notices she is being cold to him but it isn't like he has to be surprised.

« And I am sorry. »

« For what ? » Her voice is still sweet.

« Because if I had ignore you they wouldn't have think such a stupid scheme. » At those words her eyebrows raise.

« There is something I don't understand... » Now, she looks offended.

« What ? »

« What's wrong with you ? You say you want to ignore me, alright. Then, why you keep bothering me ? Why are you talking to me right now ? » She hasn't raise her voice, however, she asks those questions almost in a pleading manner.

Mino doesn't know what to answer, he opens his mouth only to close it, words are failing him. She is right, why does he expects to meet her every time his band attend an event ? Why does he want to see her with jet black hair ? Why does he care about her ?

He is in deep thoughts and Irene starts to regret what she said. She was about to apologize whereas she has the right to know his feelings, when he stares at her intently and whipers almost ashamed : « I think I do, I do care about you. »

 

 

A/N:

Hello everybody! It has been a long time, more than a month! I'm sorry for this absence but you know studies... Now, I finished all that and I'm back as a fanfic writer!

First, I want to thank everyone for the love this story is receiving, it touchs me, really! Subscritions, upvotes, comments, I never had so much! This is minrene power haha!

Another chapter is coming soon;

peace & love,

-wanderingmood