Meeting outside

Who are you ?

Meeting outside:

 

This morning they wake up with no alarm.The pomotion has ended and the girls have some free time for a week. The sunbeams welcome Irene when she opens her eyes, she fogot to put the roller blind last night. When Irene goes to the kitchen Wendy was already there.

« Good morning », beams the later and she greets back. Wendy is making some yummy pancakes and Irene is already drooling in advance. They seat to eat breakfast not being able to wait for the other two with that delicious smell in their nostrils.

« It is nice to have time to rest, I'm exhausted after all those year-end shows. », Wendy says.

« Yes, you all did a great job. », Irene simply replies. She closes her eyes under the rare sunlight of winter who is passing through the window. She feels relaxed, calm, in peace thanks to her restful sleep and Wendy's pancakes. Indeed, she is glad the dorm became like a second home for her.

 

« You look better... You know, I notice you were a bit down after the tv year-end celebration... » Since that day, Wendy had want to talk to Irene about the melancolic looks she was throwing here and there, she had just wait the new year turmoil to finish.

« Oh yes... I was just tired and … lost in my memories and thoughts... » Irene can't lie, that is the best she can say. Of course her argument with Mino had been bothering her for a while, but now is a new day and she forgave him anyway for his rudeness.

« I know that is something or someone in particular who was messing with your head. », Wendy cuts her awful explanations.

« Well, I was a bit depressed... »

« About what ? »

« I think I'm not good at making friends, relationship stuff... », she confesses ashamed.

« Irene, I thought your confidence problems were solved since we debuted. What happened ? »

« Maybe I'm paying too much attention to what people thinks of me. », she admits but Wendy already knows that. They were all a little like that, when you become an idol, you have to care about the way you look or talk.

« Please unnie, tell me... », Wendy pleads, her curiosity getting the upper hand.

« Well, I talk to Winner's Mino and it didn't went too well... » She hides her face in hands, she doesn't want to think about that guy.

« Mino your ideal type ? », Wendy asks surprised.

« Yes about that- »

« Hello ! », Joy greets loudly interrupting the convertion. Irene is saved, she will not have to expose her misunderstanding with Mino.

 

 

Irene puts her soft and warm coat on, it's winter outside. Earlier she had offer to the girls to do some errand for lunchtime. A cold wind blows when she exits the block making her shiver. She is wearing a hat to hide half of her face, but there isn't too much people in the streets this morning anyway. She starts to walk in a quick pace not to freeze on the spot.

Despite the coldness, she is enjoying her walk having some time alone, far from obligations. It has been a long time since she goes out like this, without the girls, following her own will.

 

Irene smiles to the old cashier before leaving the convenient store. He didn't recognize her though, old people aren't aware of lastest k-pop bands most of the time. She bought enough to do some rice cake's brochettes for lunch with some vegetables, she didn't forget about the tea and sweets too.

She is in a good mood, she will cook for the girls, watch a movie, read a book, take a walk... She acan do what she wants, it is free time. However, she sometimes thinks about her family, how are they, it is a long time since she went to Daegu. She sincerely misses them even if things aren't so good. She sighs at the thought, creating steam.

 

Irene passes near a basketball court where children are playing with their tutors. They seem to have fun because she can hear them laugh from where she is. She stops to observe those joyful players : the little kids where running everywhere trying to trap the adults too big to see them escape between their legs. She smiles at the sight, it recalls her primary school years, she used to be good in ball games, but she chooses dance at last.

It has only been two minutes she is staying there when she sees them stop playing, the suddenly neglected ball rolling in a corner of the court. They are about to leave but a man notices the missing ball and picks it up. When he gets back on his feet, she catches a glimpse of his face and recognizes the man she wants to avoid the most in the world.

 

Mino goes back with the group, checking if everyone is here. He chuckles earing the former excited kids complaining about their stomach. He is nagging them to put their coat on to avoid any cold.

They are leaving to eat, Mino bringing up the rear, when he notices a familiar figure watching them. Then, this one starts to walk fast. It is the young woman with the long black hair who called him her ideal type : Irene from Red Velvet, the same one he found shallow. At that moment, Mino knows he had been a real jerk to her. All of sudden, he quickly says to the guys that he'll be back soon and runs to catch her.

 

Irene thinks she escaped on the right time, he is the last person she wants to see now. She is having a pleasant day and he almost ruins it. It was what she thought before she heard his deep voice calling her name. She stands still waiting for him.

« Irene-shi ! », he shouts gasping for air. He finally reachs her and realises she is facing him waiting for what he has to say. He smiles awkwardly scratching his head. Irene is worried about what he is going to say, she is afraid he will get angry again.

« Hmm, hello... I didn't think I find you here... Were you doing some shopping ? », he asks noticing her plastic bag. « Do you need help ? »

« Why do you want to help me ? » She hardly understand him.

Actually, Mino feels guilty, he had been an to her, all his Winner's mates find her nice and cute. But he judged her too fast whereas he didn't try to know her more.

« I think I should apologize to you. »

« If you don't think it, it's no need. Besides, I already forgave you. »

« But I was wrong, I didn 't have to be rude to you. How can you forgive someone so easily ? »

« I think you're someone kind even if I was a bit afraid of what you would say. I accept your apologies anyway. »

 

Mino looks into her eyes quizically and she blushes. The man thinks her cheeks are red because of the freezing weather which is partly true.

The wind starts to blow hard and she shivers, hidding her nose in her scarf. Suddenly, he moves closer and gently takes her hands in his.

Mino is trying to warm up her little white hands. He doesn't plan it, he just reacts like this.

Irene can't believe what is happening. Her body's temperature rises under the influence of his touch. She glances at him and for the first time they met, sees some empathy in his eyes.

 

 

 

A/N:

A little chapter for you darlings! I think I'll show more of Mino's point of view in the next chapter. I love to read your comments, it motivates me to write.

Take care everybody~

-wanderingmood