You are my ideal type

Who are you ?

You are my ideal type:

 

« Hey Mino, did you see that someone chooses you as her ideal type ? », asks Jinwoo this morning. Mino has hansome features but is a bit awkward with women he fancies because he knows that his dork side can be scarry sometimes.He is surprised at the news but pleases as a man.

« I didn't know. Who is it ? » He very curious right now even if those ideal type stories aren't too serious.

« It's Red Velvet's Irene, you know her, she was your partner for Gayo Daejun special rookie stage. », Jinwoo answers. « Oh and she is your noona », he adds looking in the magazine. « She is the same age as me, but she looks young like me », Jinwoo continues patting his cheek in an elegant way.

« Ah her... She mays be older but she acts like a whining little girl. » Mino says disappointed remembering the clinging singer.

« Your voice sounds like you don't like her, she had seem nice to me... » It is rare that Mino doesn't like someone.

« Well, I just find her annoying from the few I talk with her. », he explains.

« Is that so... That's weird she chooses you then... » And Jinwoo is right, the same thought crosses his mind.

« She looks like a kitty. » Seungyoon says popping out of nowhere. He makes the other two jump at his sudden appearance. « She is cute, that's a shame you dislike her. », he concudes. Mino rolls his eyes, since that special stage Seunyoon turned into a Red Velvet fan.

« You should try to know her more, she is maybe your only chance to find a girl, or maybe she will run away when she'll discover you're a real dumb. », Jinwoo jokes but Mino frowns, this girl is sticking to him or what?

 

 

Irene is feeling better, some moments at the dorm with her member eating ice cream and playing pranks on the maknae had change her mind. She wants to progress and be happy whatever happens since her debuts because she knows she is lucky to be an idol. The words of some boy won't throw her positive ideas away, she is not that easily swayed. That is why she said he is her ideal type in the magazine's interview, she wants to show she is a nice and sensible girl who forgives his harsh words. She learns to have a deaf ear when people mock or judge her. Maybe he would realise he mistaken her, she hopes so.

 

Irene is doing braids to Joy after she finished preparing herself. Red Velvet are invited to a year's end celebration with other artists and bands. Wendy is excited and runs from one end to the other of the dorm. Seulgi is already humming songs while drying her hair.

When it's time to leave and Irene looks at her reflection one last time to fix her make-up, does her hair, she has to be the prettiest. The four girls make their way to the company's van and here they are being drived to the official party's place organized by a musical TV channel.

 

They enter a huge ballroom decorated in the New Year theme with banners, garlands and lights. Music is playing in the background while they are bowing to their sunbaes and colleagues, most of the bands and artists who rhythmed this year are here. Irene doesn't know if Winner will be there but she is not ready to face Mino now.

« Maybe we will see your ideal type », Wendy teases her. She answers by hitting her playfully, but she can't really smile, the simple possibility of him here is making her nervous.

They go to a booked table and seat down. They are new to the entertaintment world so they don't have much idol friends other than SM's artists. They are wondering about who to make acquaintance with when someone calls them : « Hey, that's Red Velvet ! »

 

Winner's Seungyoon is waving at them with such energy that it's difficult to not look at him. Soon they get closer : « Hello, do you mind if we seat with you ? Between I'm a fan of you, I wish you'll realease a new single soon. », Seungyoon starts babblering but Seunghoon stops him : « Hold on, you look like a creep. » and the other member laugh.

« Yes it's ok », Irene answers with smile to the vexed Seungyoon. Taehyun immediatly goes next to Wendy and they start gossiping about everyone who is invited. Seunghoon who find an attractive girl in the person of Seulgi starts talking to her. Joy kindly welcomes a talkative Seungyoon who is giving singing advices, and Jinwoo seats between her and Irene in order to be part of the discussion. Mino who didn't want to befriend Red Velvet in the first place ends up next to Irene.

 

Winner and Red Velvet doesn't know each other personaly, but they had meet two or three times during music shows and of course collaborate in the end of the year. Winner are extrovert and interesting boys, moreover they have in common their trainee experience and Red Velvet is quickly at ease with them except for Mino and Irene.

 

Mino clears his throat, he isn't used to be this silent with a person. As for Irene, she is looking at her hands searching for something to talk about but it is hard to find something after what he said. It is as if they are mute.

« It is very zen here compared to the other noisy side. », Jinwoo notices breaking the silence with his sweet smile. « So, Irene-shi would you mind to tell us why you choose this babo as your ideal type. »

Irene can't help to blush at his words and Mino watchs her reaction curious. Jinwoo waits for her answer, he doesn't want to make the young woman uneasy but he thinks it would help the troubled Mino who has been stoic since they join the girls which was so out of character.

Everybody has stop to talk to turn their head towards the two main interested parties.

 

Finally, Irene answers with her pink cheeks : « I think he is someone warm. »

 

 

 

A/N:

Thank you very much to all my subscribers!! You're the best! I love you! It's the first time I have as many subscribers with only two chapters and in barely two weeks. I hope I won't disappointed you even with my poor writing style. The udpates will not be regular because my studies are hard this year, sorry. Most of all, Go Minrene!! I didn't expect this ship to be this popular, I desperatly wish they'll have more interactions in the future.

Hugs & Kisses

-wanderingmood