Advice

Who are you ?

Advice:

 

Mino is blissfully watching Irene's fantakens of her One of this nights promotion on his phone (is it possible to be more beautiful?) when Seughoon barges in his room interrupting his daydream. He hurriedly hides his phone under the bed sheets.

"Falling in love, falling in love...", Seunghoon hums 2NE1's song and goes at a beach vibe choreography.

"Shut up!", Mino pleads, usually he would applaud at his friend's antics but Irene is a sensitive subject right now.

"You won't tell your friend about your new love?", Seunghoon teases. Mino facepalms himself, he knew this would happen since last night when he came back to the dorm. He is the honest type who cannot hide when he is lying, so when his bandmates asked him why he seems so happy he did not answer and arise suspicions. He is wary of not divulge his secret meetings with Irene and moreover the confession but he knows it will be difficult. Indeed, Seunghoon is the first to push him to spill the beans, he knows the others will follow.

"I'm not in love", he denies.

"Come on bro, I can see it plain as day, you have this silly smile and your eyes are sending sparks, not to mention the difficulty we have to call you since this morning, you're in your own world poor boy."

"You didn't think it was because I wanted some quiet space, we're never at peace in this dorm!", Mino ends to shout, he wishes Seughoon leave him alone.

"Alright, I can see you don't want to talk, you want to hide this girl from us, but do you know what? I'm one hundred percent sure it is Red Velvet's Irene! The girl Seungyoon and me we arrange you a date with last time, when I'm thinking about this... you can thank us I think..." Seunghoon is starting to praise himself for his cleverness and sagacity. Already angry at his friend for walking into without warning, Mino feels like he will blow up anytime soon when he hears those words.

"It is certainly not thanks to you two!", Mino finaly lets out almost roaring.

"Hey calm down dude! So, it was what I thought, you asked her out?" His curiosity has no limits and Mino is loosing temper.

"Get out!", he shouts.

"Ok, ok, I let it there for todaybut remember I'm here if you need me.", Seunghoon says before leaving his friend alone.

"Chincha!", Mino sighs, the battle only begin, soon they will be all aware of his thing, he doesn't what to call it, with Irene. He is worried about the situation which seems to escape from his hands but as long as it is only his mates who know the truth about his crush on another idol, it is the best that can happen. What he is frightened about is the rest of the world.

 

*

 

"What are you waiting for? Call him again!", Joy squeals.

"I am so happy for you unnie!", Yeri cheers.

"No, she has to wait, it's him who has to invite her this time!", Seulgi objects.

Irene could not hide any longer her improvement with Mino from the girls so she revealed the news the next morning before their daily training session. Since then they acted all curious about her relationship, bothering her sometimes with endless questions, sometimes with loud support. They also took the role of the adviser, each of them bringing up her method to plan the next move towards the man. Even now they end the day they continue to talk about it.

Wendy notices the embarrassment and annoyance on her friend's face and shushes the girls for a moment. Irene gives her a grateful look, she is almost regreting to have told them. She is a shy person who does not give up her secrets easily but she trusts the girls enough after they spent all those years together.

The girls stop speaking understanding Irene needs some time alone and leave her and Wendy in the living room of their dorm. Fortunately, when she is too afraid to make a move Wendy is here to help her. Being a leader means to be stronger than all the members in order to keep the unity of the group and the confidence in their activities. However, it is impossible to be unbreakable and in the hard times the leader needs someone to support his decisions, to Irene this person is Wendy, she will always be there.

Wendy takes Irene in her arms tenderly and starts to whisper comforting words as "it will be ok, don't worry, you can do this", then she faces her smiling and Irene smiles in response.

"You know what? Maybe I can something to help you...", she says.

"What?" Irene has this innocent but curious look.

"I can ask Taehyun to help us to move this guy."

"You don't have to Wendy, even if I told you about my crush it doesn't mean I need help..."

"But I clearly see that you need help, an idol cannot date freely like anybody. And Seulgi is right it is his turn to invite you, a little help will not hurt the two of you."

"Ok, but I don't want this to bother you..."

"Don't worry, I'll try my best, you can trust me omma"

"Don't call me omma!", Irene fights, but Wendy succeeds to convince her.

Wendy smiles at her knowingly, a bit excited by the idea of their leader is seeing someone. They have the right at their age to experience love stories she thinks, ignoring the fact they have a dating ban of course, moreover Irene is the oldest.

Irene doesn't have much of a great experience with boys. When she was in middle school, she did have a lot of admirers and she did try to go out with one or two boys, but they never overcame the wall of admiration to act like real boyfriends. In highschool, she was categorized as the SM trainee and the boys who were courting her only wanted the fame she could bring them. All of them did not like her but her image. What is funny now she is thinking about it is that Mino did not like her from the start, he had to overcome the judgements he made, he tried to know her beyond her idol image. It worth it to try this relationship for this reason at least.

Wendy gazes at Irene who is lost in her thoughts and finds her cute. She wishes she could worry over a man as well.

"I'll go to bed now unnie. Good night! Sweet dreams...", Wendy needs some beauty sleep but also to contact her partner Taehyun.

"Good night, really, thank you very much", Irene does not forget to thank her guardian angel, if she can see him again thanks to her she is simply happy. This night she will surely dream of him.

 

*

 

During the night an important conversation occurs on the phone between two characters:

"Taehyun?"

"Wendy?"

"I need your help"

"What is it?"

"It is about Irene and your boy Mino..."

"You know I don't care about them, it is their thing, I don't want to mess up like Seunghoon and Seungyoon." Taehyun likes to mind his own business, but has despite everything a taste for gossips just like Wendy.

"We will not. I am a girl, I know what Irene dislikes. You, you are on Mino's side, you can try to influence him to do the next move."

"What kind of scheme is that?"

"Aish, listen to me first before criticizing! Well, my idea is simply to find some place for them to meet and, most of all, to make Mino invite her there."

"Humm... I understand. I'll see what can I do, but I can't promise.", Taehyun gives in to her little scheme, if it can help Mino after all.

"Oh thank you so much Tae! We keep in touch, ne?"

"Of course. Anyway, I pity those two lovebirds to be so dumb that they need our help."

"Ah don't say that!", Wendy tells him off annoyed.

"Good night chingu"

"Good night Tae-ah"

What kind of place will be the scenery of their next meeting? is the question that Taehyun has to find an answer to. Instead of dreaming of his future love, he mind is parasitise with other people's problems, what a pain! He can thank Wendy who persuades him with one call. On her side, Wendy is softly laughing in her bed proud of herself.

 

 

A/N:

A short chapter I agree, you'll have to wait for what happen next. Anyway, it's sad that Sentimental and One of these nights promotions didn't overlap! An it was Irene and Mino's birthdays, the 29th and 30th! I'm craving for some related thing between the two! poor shipper I am aigoo-

Take care,

-wanderingmood