Message

Who are you ?

Message :

 

The plastic bag she was hanging falls on the concrete when he takes her hands. Silence is filling the cold streets whereas Irene's heart is beating fast. His tall figure is dominating her. Mino is far bigger than her, several centimeters separating them.

Mino doesn't see Irene's astonished look, he is busy warming up her hands. When he talked to her he notices she was freezing and thinks it was the reason she was walking so quickly. His body is warm because of the basketball match so he simply wraps his own hands around hers as an act of kindness. He senses how frozen they are.

He glances in her way and notices her uneasiness. He mentally slaps himself when he understands he scared her a bit with his sudden gesture.

For the first time he met her, he starts to think about her in a different perspective. Last time he had been mean to her whereas she tried to befriend him as anybody would do. Despite her clear timidity, she tried to be nice and engaging. He is the weird one here, not her.

Mino starts to gaze at her. She looks like a traditional porcelein doll with her milky skin, her red lips and her silky black hair. She seems fragile while he is holding her tense hands. He surprises himself to find her truely beautiful in this winter picture.

 

They are touching each other skin. Soon, Irene is overwhelmed by the heat created between their hands. She ventures a nervous look at Mino only to meet his captivating stare. His dark orbs are fixing hers. There is no anger in them but affection. She finds it strange and breaks the eye contact, embarassed.

Why is he doing this ? Last time, he was threating her in a corner. They agree to not see each other again. Why is he there ? It is somehow her fault, she was the one watching him. But instead of argue with her he is preventing her to catch a cold. He may suffer from mood swings.

Irene removes her hands, pulling them out from his strong grip. Mino, who was in his thoughts, looked at her surprised. Finally, he realises he may have push his luck. The girl forgave him but wasn't stupid, he was rude.

 

« I think it's enough. », she speaks.

« Sorry, I didn't want to scare you, I just react like this. », he justifies himself.

« It's ok. I've to go. Thank you for your apologies. Good bye. », she cuts any further explanations. Actually, she needs to go home otherwise the girls will be worried.

« Bye. » And he watchs her leaving, her hair flying behind her back in the wind.

It seems as he made a mistake. He shouldn't have hold her hands, but at the same time he didn't think about it. Despite his supposed hate, he saw her freezing, he just reacted.

He sighs soundly, is this girl having some effect on him ? He moves his head negatively, that is nonsense. She is still a SM girl, even if people can sometimes be different from the house who raised them, they still belong to it. But now, he has to join the team for lunch, so he starts running because he is late.

Nonetheless, his brain memorizes the image of the white Irene in the white winter. The warmth of their touching hands protecting them from any cold wind.

 

 

It is evening and the dorm is anormaly quiet. They are lying somewhere relaxing. Irene is scrolling the news on her phone comfortably seated under her bed s. Then, a signal informs her she received a new message from an unknown number.

Hello, this is Winner's Jinwoo. How are you ? I'm sorry to disturb you, but I wanted to ask you if you can advice me some restaurant in Daegu, because well, I know you're from there. Thanks.

Irene jumps out her cocoon, yelling next door : « Wendy ! Is that you who give my number to Jinwoo-shi ? »

« Yes, possible... I give all your numbers girls to Taehyun because we did a contact list exchange. », she answers lazily. « Jinwoon is a good guy, instead of Mino you should talk to him. », she adds. It seems like she doesn't forget this orning's discussion.

« I can do without you smart advices, thanks. », and goes back to her room.

 

She remembers the family restaurant she went to with her friends in highschool, but she stops herself from sending it : what kind of restaurant does he want ? Maybe something more formal ?

Good evening Jinwoo-shi, thank you I'm fine. If you can enlighten me, what kind of restaurant ?

Her phone bips :

Warm kind

She giggles at the joke.

Stop mocking me , she texts with a whining emoticone and she sends the family restaurant's adress.

Thank you, he answers.

You're welcome ;-)

The messages stop there. She is a bit disappointed. Jinwoo had talk a lot with during the new-year celabration which she enjoyed more thanks to Winner. Before Mino ruined it. Anyway, he must be busy.

Then, it hits her, if she has Jinwoo's number, maybe she can have Mino's ? But would she want this idiot number ? It is because of this morning, she had think about it all day. He had seem so kind, and his gesture had make her heartbeat raced. Irene comes to the conclusion that the man is dangerous, she needs to avoid him.

 

Irene focuses on her phone again and sees she received another new text. She opens it thinking it is Jinwoo :

I can't stop thinking about you.

It is anonymous. Who is that ? She hopes it isn't some stalker, she doesn't want to begin with that kind of troubles. Bothered by the weird text, she leaves her phone on her bedside table. She isn't feeling sleepy, too much had happened in her rest day.

She tries to change her mind, and after reading some book she finallly fells asleep. She dreams about snowy landscapes and someone's dark eyes among others.

During this time, somewhere in Busan, someone is laughing hysterically.