Misunderstanding

Who are you ?

Misunderstanding:

 

He remembers her little and pale forearm wraped around his own arm, feeling her warmth even through the fabric of his shirt. The way she hold him as if she can't cross this crowd without his help. Her surprised and innocent shiny eyes when she saw him, her dishelved silky hair because of the rush, her cheeks flushed as they are now, he recollects those details. She doesn't look like a noona, she can even pose as younger than him.

She isn't looking at him, maybe she is afraid of his reaction. He doesn't know if have to thank her and doesn't do it anyway. He wants more than this explanation about her choice whereas he have been a jerk that second time they met.

 

« You're right, Mino is someone very warm. », Jinwoo says as an answer. For Jinwoo, Irene is being honest, he wants to know more about her, she doesn't seem as boring as Mino says.

After Irene's answer, everybody smile or kindly laugh at her cuteness. Then, Wendy have an idea :

« Did you know that our Irene unni isn't so serious as she seems, actually she likes to play a lot, for exemple, yesterday, she pranked Joy pouring chili in her pizza whereas she hates it ! »

« Oh yes ! Unni is evil sometimes... », Joy tops pretending to whine.

« Ah... but you girls were laughing too... », Irene tries to defend herself.

« I know unni, we are teasing you, you aren't the only one. », Joy reassures her.

« I've never think Irene would do something like that », comments Seungyoon.

« It's because you're idealizing female idols hyung », Taehyun unmasks him.

« Noona looks like a cat ! », Seunghoon says all of sudden, enjoying to talk to a girl group.

« She can do the cat. »,Seulgi points out.

Irene isn't upset by all those revelations, on the contrary she is pleased to break the quiet doll image. So she starts to make some « meow » noises, the others laugh, it brings them to do imitions as well, from animals to celebrities. Soon, everybody is definetly happy to be here, laughing and relieving some stress.

 

Irene is laughing showing her white teeth. Mino inwardly smiles looking at that sight : the girl isn't cold, she can even joke around. But he keeps being suspicious, he doesn't know why.

Mino jokes around with the others, his dumb side was showing. Irene doesn't feel any tension anymore, she is happy he enjoys being with them.

After a few minutes, it's time to part ways because they have to go stand next to their company. They bid their goodbyes hoping to meet soon. Irene glances at Mino and sees he is looking at her and blushes. He just turns his head and follows s. She is a bit disappointed, why won't he smiles once at her ?

 

 

The celebration is ending and Red Velvet has to go early. Irene leaves the girls to tell their manager they are ready. She goes down the stairs and walks to the indicated place. She is searching for the right door when suddenly, someone pulls her to a corner away from prying eyes.

The tall figure of a man is blocking her way, she can't escape. She isn't that surprised when she recognizes him, his eyes and skin seeming darker in this non lighted place. She feels his warm hand around her wrist, his hold isn't too tight now. Something is wrong and he will tell her like when he did last time. Nonetheless, she is feeling oppressed in this narrow corner of the corridor. They are so closed that their bodies are almost touching.

 

« What's wrong this time ? », she asks him boldly.

« What's wrong ? You think you could escape after that ideal type story ? I don't know why you said this whereas I told you to stop bothering me. », he whispers for no one to ear him.

« I'll tell you why, I wanted to show you that I forgive you after the way you talked to me. », she explains.

He plunges his eyes in hers, searching if she isn't deceiving him. He understands she just said this to show him he is wrong about her. It comfirms what he thought : she is shollow, arrogant and moreover manipulative.

 

« I just wanted to show you that I'm not the person you think I am, I can be kind, funny, helpful... », she justifies anxious. « But think what you want, I know it was a bad idea... », she admits finally, she doesn't want to mess with him. He is too close and she starts to fear what will happen next. She is now willing to abandon the idea of befriending him. What cross her mind when she said this ? She had wanted to gain more self-confidence by prooving him she is better by using forgiveness and sweetness, but she forgets there's some people you can't discuss with.

 

Mino is now perplexed, does he believe her ? There is no reason to be mad with her, she can choose anyone as her ideal type, it will not change things between them. Actually, there is now something special otherwise he wouldn't be here talking to her. But he is annoyed by the fact she could be right and pressing his hand on her shoulder he whispers in her ear : « I'll let you go with it, but don't try to talk to me anymore, and just pretend when the guys are here. End of the story. » Mino decides he will stop to bother her , the best is to cut any contact. He free her, no more words are needed.

 

Irene simply nods, it is fine with her, she will not create troubles anymore. At the same time, she is ashamed she can't fight him back. She just seems pathetic for wanting to persuade someone who hates her. Both find this is a wise decision to avoid each other.

Mino looks at her one last time before walking away : her petite figure with her head low, black hair hidding her face. A pang in his heart is informing him that afterall she may have had good intentions and just wanted to be nice.

 

Irene doesn't want to look at him, this boy is acting powerful and despises her, but even now she can't resolve herself to hate him. Hate isn't necessary, it only brings more hate. They just lack of understanding. Inside, she hopes she will less struggle the next time she tries to talk to a boy she finds lovable.

 

 

 

A/N:

Thank you for all your lovely comments!! Don't hate me with this ending, things will get better I promise ;)

Love~

-wanderingmood