Meeting by chance

Who are you ?

Meeting by chance

 

Chance paired them. The rookies had one rehearsal, they had to be quick, so everybody took the person who was facing them and pairs were made.

Jackson and Mino had become friends since WIN. When GOT7 and Winner met again, Jackson was the first person Mino went to. But Jackson anticipating the collaboration wanted to get to know the girls and started a conversation with the cool Seulgi. Irene was near her so when someone yelled 'time's up' he was facing her.

 

At first glance, she is the type of girl he doesn't like : skinny, porcelain skin, double eyelid, quiet, a doll who seems too perfect. Those girls are usually shallow and annoying, let out mocking laughs behind people's back. He prefers outgoing and natural girls.

Irene is the elder in the group, why she wasn't paired with Jinwoo ? Instead of that mess, it would have been more logical to arrange the pairs in dates of birth order. But it was just one rehearsal, one performance, so he beared with her as a professional.

 

Irene is awkward with strangers, she tried to smile to Mino but it was like he couldn't see her. On the stage he was concentrated maybe because he had several stages and he was a MC. He seemed to have fun with Jackson and the other boys, she envies them. What was wrong with her ? The other girls seemed to have fun with their partners.

Mino is tall, tanned and has sharp jawline, not really the type of boy she is used to be with : smaller, slim with fine features. Maybe it is that hip-hop aura which makes him different. The rapper appeared a bit scarry looking hardly at her, he didn't even smile once. He just said politeness formalities.

 

She didn't bother him, she put her stage smile, and Mino took it as a fake smile. After the performance, he ignored her and everybody hurried to the exit. Mino did his MC job as well as he could. Irene clapped when Winner won Gayo Daejun's rookie award. She is truly happy because she likes their album. They met once in the backstage area and he simply bowed at her. She did the same trying to look nice but he had already leave.

 

When the day ended, she thought about him and his behaviour annoyed her a little, Seulgi even asked her if everything was alright. As for Mino, Jinwoo criticized his manners with Irene during the rehearsal to whom he answered that she was part of the rare people he couldn't stand. This is unsual of Song Minho who is always the one to joke and play around.

Irene seems a shy girl, but as Joy says she is very playful and laughs easily. When she is outside SM building or their dorm, she is uneasy, she hates herself for stuttering or forgetting her part during interviews because of her axiety. She cares about SM's image and knows that she has to work harder. Mino also wants his company to be proud of him, searches the recognition of YG Family. He wishes to be irreplaceable.

 

Actually, both are insecure, trying to erase this empty feeling they have for different reasons. Irene received a strict education and always played the perfect girl. Her beauty doesn't make her confident about her own qualities. Her training days were hard and even if she met the girls, she doesn't know if she made the right choice. Mino wasn't a good student and he spend the half of his life to proove his rap skills worth something, fighting against doubts and desertion. The fear of deceiving his family and friends always haunts him and despite his cheerful and loyal personality he isn't sure of himself. They seem strong on the outside but inside they have failures, even now they are idols.

 

But nothing seems to tie them. For short, their first meeting was not awkward but dull. They were far from becoming friends or even acquaintances. Mino and Irene are opposites, strangers to one another. And yet, what will happened if they cross path again ?