The pressure

MoonBang

The mother looked confused for a moment. She looked precisely at her daughter, her perfect replica. She smiled sadly.

« I'm staying with him. »

 

« Mum. » Moon whispered in her tears. She was devasted. Despite her behavior with her mom, she cared for her so much and yet, her mom chose a man instead of her. The person that she was calling Mum never acted as one. I was sure of that.

 

She looked at them going back in the flat. She fell on the floor, her legs shaking because of the emotions.

I kneeled next to her. « Let's go home. »

She hugged me, in total despair. Her mom just broke her heart. I sighed. My father deceived me. Yet I wasn't that shocked of his behavior. Or I didn't realize yet. We took a taxi and Moon was still hiding in the crook of my neck.

We reached our flat and I tucked her in her bed. I was ready to leave when she grapped my shirt. I looked at the poor and teary woman sat on her bed.

« Do you want me to stay ? » I asked gently. For a moment, she seemed to consider the idea and I had to pay attention to the light nodd she gave me.  I got under the blanket with her. I hugged her and kisser her forehead.

« Cry all you want. I'm here. »

I tried to comfort her. She sobbed silently for a long time before falling asleep. I was deeply asleep when her  phone buzzed and she stood up to turn off her alarm. I looked at her, she looked still so weak, like she could burst in tears any seconds. She opened her closet and started to chose clothes.

 

« Wait, are you going to train today ? » I asked, my voice being raspy.

 

She nodded. « I have rehearsal today. I can't ditch. You do know that fact. »

I gulped. She was saying just the truth. She touched my shoulder. « Thanks for last night. It's embarassing but I really appreciated your comfort. »

 

« It's nothing.» I said wisely. I took her hand in mine and kissed it gently. She looked flustered and left without any word to the bathroom. I lied back on my bed, thinking back of the whole situation.

Her mom and my dad.

Her and I.

This was so complicated. I wanted to call my mom. Reveal everything to her. But did I had the right to do that ? I stayed a long time considering of I should call her or not. I didn't. They are adults and should be able to resolve their problems as grown up.

 

I spent a day of practice worrying for her and   in the middle of the night I received this message from Minah.

"Hyuna is still practicing. She seems weird, is everything fine ?" She asked me by message. I looked at my members chat with each others with joy and stood up."Oh, Hyung where are you going ?"

"I have to check on Moon." I simply said.

Himchan looked at me with worried eyes. "Is something going on ?"

I shrugged. "She is a little weak. I just want to make sure she's alright. Practice is over for today."

I went out with red cheeks hearing their comments. What JunHong said particulary remain even today : "So you finally care about her."

Closing the door, I catched my breath, trying to ignor my red cheeks. I care about her. Yes, now I can admit it. But I have a feeling that this feeling will only cause me pain.

I sighed and left training to go at her practice room. It wasn't that far. A ten minute taxi ride. I arrived and entered the building. 2PM. Rather empty. I wandered for long minutes though the hall. I thought I could find her in  the room she danced last time. It wasn't the case, the room was empty. So I reached for the room at the end of the hall. 

When I looked inside, I realized she was playing the piano. I opened the door and looked at the beautiful scenery. She was smoking while playing the piano. I'm sure it's prohibited to smoke here but she probably didn't care. She was concentrated on her task and was playing beautifully. When she was done with her song, I clapped and she turned herself, surprised of my presence here.

"Why are you here ?" She asked me, almost annoyed to see me.

I grinned. "Why are you still here ?"

She frowned and reached for her watch beautifully displayed on the piano. "Oh."

*

« Let's go. » Bang said with a sweet smile. I looked at him for long seconds. He seemed perfectly fine. Like everything was normal.

« Are you okay ? » I was asked by him  in the taxi ride. He was looking at me intensively . I eluded the question to ask mine :

« She doesn't answer to my messages and calls. What about your father ? ». YongGuk scratched his neck, uneasy. « I couldn't resolve myself to speaking to my dad, or even my mom."

My fist tightened. If my mother-in-law didn't throw a tantrum yet, it means that my beloved father-in-law is two-timing. « Let's check if Mom is alright then. » I gave the direction to the taximan and we stayed silent for the rest of the ride.

However, his warm hand grabbed mine.  I flinched at this touch and looked at him. He smiled gently at me. I failed at giving him back a smile. The fact he was doing so well was so upsetting.

« This didn't bother you that much. » I said rather harshly.

He smiled sadly. « Dad … isn't the perfect man he want to be. He had flaws. But him two-timing that's insulting. For my mom and yours. »

I scoffed, thing that surprised him. I gave him a small answer. "Yeah, really insulting."

 

We arrived in front of the building and I took time to buy food nearby and we got upstairs. When we reached the right level, I handed him the food.

 

« I can't really face her after what she said. Would you ... ? » I said handing my husband the keys, with pleading eyes.

*

 

I nodded and went myself to unlock the door. Moon went to hide herself. I entered in the flat, recking of alcohol. Thanks lords Moon didn't witness this. I found her Mom sleeping on the couch and woke her up.

 

« Song Jun ? You're already here ?! » She asked.

 

I shook my head. « Nope. It's Yong Guk. » Her smile fadded a little. A mistress' sadness.

 

I took time to make her eat a proper amount and drink water. She seemed fine, not so drunk. I waited for her to take a shower and stuffs. She seemed almost good going out in her pajamas.

 

« Where's Hyuna ? » She suddenly asked. I shrugged. She seemed confused. « You're her husband right ? I used to say that she was really infortunate, because her mom was me. Take good care of her instead of me okay ? »

 

I was troubled. It was like she had a few minutes of consciousness. I nodded and tucked her into bed.

 

« She must hate me right ? Because I chose Song Jun over her. She's the exact contrary. She let down her love for work. She's just jealous she can't do the same in her life. Who's the loser huh ? »

She started to blatter and seemed angry now and not very sane. I called Moon by phone and asked her what I should do.

 

*

After receiving the call of YongGuk, I entered the flat with unsure steps. I tried to not look at the numerous bottles everywhere and prepar an infusion. I gave her the beverage and comforted her automatically. Even smiling and whispering sweet nothings to her ear. I've done that enough for the rest of my life. She seemed struck in silence since I've entered as if my presence here was what she really needed.

 

« I chose him over you, that doesn't mean it hurts me to do so. Remember that, Moon Hyuna. » My mom finally spoke, grabbing my hand. I bite my lips.

"Yeah, just sleep for now." I said still very calm. I her hair until she felt asleep. Soon, I ran to the bathroom and vomited in the toilets. The pression was too much, the pain was too much.

I was flushing the toilets when YongGuk came. "Did you throw up ?" He said with a loud voice.

I flatened my hand on his lips, making him widen his eyes. We were almost body against body. 

"We're going to wake her up. And I don't have any energy left to take care of her." I whispered while taking a step back and removing my hand from his lips.

He nodded and left the bathroom, giving me some privacy. I take time to remove the bitter taste I had in my mouth with water;  When I get out after splashing my face with water, he was finished with emptying the bottles and throwing them away. I took his hand rather firmly and dragged him out of the flat.

"Thanks.  You've done enough now." I said to him, really sincere. He didn't have to do all those things for me. He smiled to me with a little shrugg and so, his smile disappeared looking behing me.

"What a surprise to see you there, Dad" YongGuk said.

*

« So it is how you take care of her ? You leave her alone all day ? »I asked to my father, ashamed of the man that was in front of me.

 

« YongGuk don't talk like that to me. » He said, with angry eyes.

 

« You're disgusting , you should make a choice. »

 

« Yong Guk, she's my first love. I never thought that I will stumble into her. Seoul is a big city. Yet we did. Let's take a little something. Huh ?

Now we were sat in a near coffee shop.

 

« You really put us in uncomfortable situation. You took us for fools since the beggining. »Moon said, calmly sipping her tea. She didn't look like someone that threw up from stress twenty minutes ago.

 

« We didn't. We spent the night together the day I met her but that's all. It's only when you went away on your honeymmon that we ... started back our affair. »

 

Moon sighed. She stayed silent. She made such a sacrifice for her mother. And it was helpless. I could sense all the deception and anger from her.

 

« At those moments, you really don't look like her. You look so distant. » My father dared to say.

 

She scoffed. « Sorry that I can't give you a like she does. »

 

He gulped. « That was unappropriate, Moon Hyuna. »

 

She laughed. « Huh, so you can go and mess up with my mom. You sleep with her, drink with her and leave before the hangover. Yeah, and that's me whose unappropriate. I love your logic. Do you want an apology ? »

 

He raised his hand on her and I stopped him at the last second. Moon didn't even flinch. This mean this was not her first time being slapped.  "You don't hit her. She's right."

Dad had a nervous laugh and whispered :  « What an awful daughter my darling got. You're insolent and vulgar. I can understand why your mom was afraid of you. »

Moon shut her mout. This hurted her. I gave a glare to my dad.

 

« Anyways, that you like it or not, we're together now. We want a fresh start far from here, so we'll move to another country soon."

Moon still looked at him with hatred but didn't bulge. She didn't cry, scream or anything, she looked at my father leave and once he was gone, she had a deep breath. She nervously reached for her pack of cigarettes and she didn't have time to take her lighter that a waitress came to our side.

"Madam, it's prohibited to smoke here. I'm sorry."  The waitress said with a light embarassed smile.

Moon rolled her eyes and stood up. "." I looked at her outside, in the freezing cold, lighten her cigarette and take in the first breath.

 

 


Here i am with another chapter !! Sorry for the dealy !! A lot of things happened in those few months, Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter !!