Chapter 4

My Life, Your Life, Our Happiness

 

*** Yunho’s POV ***

 

“He’s my boyfriend”

He paused.

I almost choked, but able to keep myself calm. Jaejoong is a gay? Oh good, I just got him on my bed last night. Luckily he didn’t attack me. Heh? Didn’t he?! Well, I feel nothing, so it means I was save right?!

He was staring my face, tried to read my expression.

Did I put a disgust look to him? No I believe no.

“I am a gay Yunho”

Yes, he makes it clear everything.

It’s not that I hate gay or what. I didn’t put myself against it neither support it. Actually, it’s free for people to choose their ual preference. That’s what I believe as human right.

But him? I mean Jaejoong.

I never thought that he’s a gay. Ok, he’s pretty, too pretty even for a man.

But still I can see his masculine side, but yeah his cook was great.

I don’t know. It’s not that I tried to deny it, but I just never thought about it.

Shocked I guess. Hope it didn’t showed in my face.

And he’s my friend after all.

Then it should be fine.

“Ok, go on..!” I demanded him.

My voice was calmed. Good.

“Are you ok with that? I mean for some people, gay is such so discreditable, then I’ll be understand if you feel didn’t comfort with it.”

 “No, Jaejoong, I’m good, it’s all your choice. It’s your life, you deserve for being happy, and if being a gay makes you happy then I guess I shouldn’t bother it.”

Yeah, I was being so wise. But it genuinely came from my heart.

Jaejoong started to tell his story. Siwon was his name, Jaejoong’s boyfriend, someone that abuses him badly last evening. They’ve been living together for 2 years. He said Siwon was a nice boyfriend but lately the way he acted was unreasonable.

“Why did he hurt you?”

I saw tears running down his face.

His body also trembling, but he keep on continue his story.

“It’s because…”

Halted.

He sniffed. Tears keep rolling on his pink cheeks.

Sobbed.

Cried.

And what did I do? Nothing.

I had no clue how to deal with a grown man misery.

But it feels painful seeing his condition.

Gosh….

I stood up from my chair. Strode to his side then gave him a pat on his back.

“It’s ok” I whispered.

He held my arm tightly, leaned his head to my chest.

 

                                *******************************************************

*** Jaejoong’s POV ***

I feel warm.

I Feel save.

I Feel calm.

His hug gave me a protection. I want to cherish it.

“You deserve to be happy Jaejoong” he whispered it to my ear.

I thought I would be able to tell him the reason why Siwon treat me badly.

Part of me says no. Prevent myself to tell other about what actually happened to me.

I didn’t want people to acknowledge Siwon as a jerk.

He’s my boyfriend. And I love him. Yes I still love him even after what he’s done to me.

But I just didn’t want to be beside him anymore. Not again. I had enough with his attitude.

“Yunho, I’ll be going tomorrow, thank you for the hospitality” I said while releasing myself from his hug.

“Where are you going then?”

“Hmm honestly, I don’t know. I still couldn’t get a vacant apartment for me but I’m sure I’ll get one soon. So for awhile, I’ll rent a room hotel maybe”

Yunho look at me with a frown.

“What’s wrong Yunho?”

Yunho sighed. He sat back on his chair.

“What if that Siwon guy come after you again? Will you be ok?”

His question was able to give a chill to my spine.

I was recalling again the times when Siwon lost his mind and started to torture me.

“Stay here...”

Suddenly he blurt out.

What?

“I still have an unoccupied room, but unfortunately no bed inside, so I guess it wouldn’t be hard for you to buy one single bed, right? Rather than rent a hotel room I believe it would be much cheaper”

What?

I was speechless.

Did Yunho asked me to stay with him?

I mean. Yeah we’re co-worker, but we just knew each other for a few days.

“Yunho, I will be just your burden, I...”

“No you’re not Jaejoong, who said that you going to stay here for free. You are going to help me with your cook everyday, alright?”

He grins widely.

I gave a sigh.

“Jeez, you such a pusher! Fine, I’ll stay here, but we’ll share the rent payment okay?!”

Yunho was about to say a word when I cut him, “And no but..!”

This time I won the chat.

 

                                *******************************************************

 

*** 3rd Person POV ****

He flipped the papers for the fifth time in a minute. Eyes tried to focus to what was written on it. But he barely gets the point of the material. All just like a word coming after word. No meaning, at least for him. Read again and again but came to no avail because his mind has already occupied with another case, which is his lover. So, all the words just run through his eyes but won’t stay in his mind.

‘..!” he cursed.

When he’s about to curse another word, a young man appear in front of him.

“Hyung, what are you doing here? The presentation will be started in 5 minutes!”

He sighed.

The young man seems noticed with his co-worker behavior.

Choi Siwon was look so not excited.

“Hyung... I guess it’s better for you go to the men’s room and wash your face. You looked horrible!”

He said it plainly.

“Yah! Shut your ing mouth Changmin! I have no time to deal with my look. Let’s get it over right away!”

Siwon then drag himself reluctantly to the meeting room.

Changmin just answer him with the ‘What the hell happened to you’ look when he passed him.