Eight

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

          

 

The advantages of having a private jet were even nicer with a beautiful man by his side. They made love and then slept for some hours in order to relax before arriving to London. However, while the plane was descended, he could notice that his wife was really nervous. He did everything he could to distract him.

Siwon had booked a room in a hotel next to the airport. They would spend the night there. They would go to Mawne the next day. However, his family had another plan in mind.

For the way Kyuhyun moved his hands, he knew his wife was even more nervous.

When they got off the plane, he encircled his wife with a hand. Following his advice, Kyuhyun was dressing a simple pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt. It is not necessary to dress well for the chauffer he had said to him, assuring that they would have some time to sleep, take a shower and dress properly for the reception.

However, when the limo they had asked, stopped in front of them and opened the back door. They got petrified when they saw the high-heel shoes of an elegant lady, who was no other than Siwon´s mom.

“You told me that we wouldn´t see anybody at the airport” – Kyuhyun muttered.

“And it is so”

The chauffer held an umbrella over her head. The woman was the spitting image of elegance. Tall, slim and really beautiful. In spite of her bad marriage, she looked ten years younger. She was wearing a big hat and dark sunglasses.

“And who is that?”

Siwon swallowed saliva. If something he had learnt about his wife was his tendency to the insecurity. Behind that warrior spirit of Kyuhyun, a powerful feeling to be accepted was hidden.

“She is my mother”

Kyuhyun hesitated, but Siwon helped him to go ahead putting a hand on his back and pushing him forward.

“But…”

“Mother… - Siwon removed his hand from his wife´s back and kissed his mother – we didn´t expect you”

“I couldn´t let that your wife and you landed without a welcome”

“Kyuhyun, my mother, Kate. Mother, he is my wife, Kyuhyun”

His mother smiled.

“It´s a pleasure to meet you” – Kate said, shaking hands.

“I have heard a lot of you”

“Really? I don´t know almost anything about you”

Kyuhyun tensed up and Siwon had to stand between the two.

“We are here to change that – Siwon said to his mother – you shouldn´t have come here. You know how long the flights are from Seoul to London”

“I´m sure you have had time enough to rest in the plane”

“We have been very busy. We need to sleep some hours”

“In that case, we better go right now” – his mother said.

Siwon felt that he was losing control. The worst was that Kyuhyun said nothing. He just stared at them in silence.

“I have already booked a suite at  Beck hotel” – Siwon said.

“That is stup…”

“Mother!” – Siwon had had more than enough.

“Kate, you don´t mind if I address you informally, right?” – Kyuhyun said, after recovering his voice.

“Of course not, darling”

“Well, as you can see, I need to take a shower urgently and recover some sleeping hours. I hope you can be so kind to wait for us at Mawne till our arrival. We need to rest” – Kyuhyun had chosen the right words in a formal speech.

“I guess you are right”

Kyuhyun held Siwon´s arm and supported his head on him.

“I really appreciate that you have come here only to welcome me. You don´t know how much that means for me”

Siwon was speechless. He helped his wife and his mother to get into the back part of the limo and then joined them. When the door closed, Kyuhyun curled up next to his husband.

“You are wearing a beautiful coat” – Kyuhyun said to his mother-in-law.

“Tha…thanks”

“I hope you can tell me where you have bought it. I´d like to buy more appropriate clothes”

“Of course, darling. We will have time to go shopping”

Suddenly Siwon´s worry about the unexpected appearance of his mother, was vanishing.

“My wife and my mother going shopping. Should I worry?” – he teased.

“It depends” – Kyuhyun added.

“Of what?”

“It depends on your sister if she wants to join us. Three people who love clothes and a credit card without limits, it is definitely a danger”

The three laughed at that. In spite of the differences more than evident between his wife and his mother, Siwon didn´t care about if they get on well or not. Kyuhyun was doing his best to win his mother using the information that Siwon had given to him about her.

When they arrived to the hotel, his mother said goodbye at the door and left in the limo.

Once inside their suite, both jumped to the bed tired.

“I may end up liking your mother, even though I´d have to overcome the idea of her putting an ambush on us at the airport”

“I asked her to wait for us at Mawne”

“She is your mother. She is curious”

“Even like that, she should have waited” – and he would talk to her when they had the chance.

“She needed to prove with her own eyes that I´m not pregnant with five months”

Siwon had just placed the suitcase on the table when he realized about his wife´s words.

“Pregnant?”

“Please…didn´t you realize that she looked at my belly all the time?”

No, he hadn´t even imagined that.

“You are not talking seriously, right?”

“Very, indeed. It was a recognition mission. First to know if she has a grandchild coming soon and, secondly to prove that I´m not a total mess without class”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Women are emotional beings. All is in their eyes. When she took off the sunglasses, I could see and read everything”

Siwon was astonished.

“I think I will take you with me to the next administration meeting. It seems to me that the spying suits you well”

“I studied Psychology as a second specialty”

“You should have made a career in Justice”

“I don´t think so. For my father´s charges and all that”

Kyuhyun stood up from the bed and ended the conversation. Siwon could see pain in his eyes. Kyuhyun´s dad had marked him forever.

 

Kyuhyun barely had time to rest his head on the pillow, when Siwon woke him up. He took a hot shower and drank something. Food made him feel sick. The idea of Siwon´s family watching every step of him, made him feel goosebumps all over his body. He was aware that he got away from the first interrogation of Siwon´s mother, but now he would have to face her in her field, and not her but also Siwon´s sister and cousin.

He was ready to know Siwon´s family now. He chose an elegant and expensive suit according to the level of the reception and guests. He looked gorgeous. Siwon´s mother saw him wearing simple and cheap clothes, but now he was willing to impress everybody there.

London was beautiful. When they were on their way to Mawne. Kyuhyun leaned close to his husband and relaxed, while Siwon talked about his sister who was the same age than Kyuhyun.

“Jiwon always wanted me to settle down”

Kyuhyun felt a pain in his stomach when hearing those words.

“And you don´t worry that …? – he couldn´t finish the question.

Siwon remained in silence for a while, but his eyes were full of uncertainty.

“You and Jiwon will get on well each other. She is very nice. A little bit spoiled, but she doesn’t have bad intentions”

After having recovering his ex-rich lifestyle, Kyuhyun was worried about disappointing Kate, Jiwon and all Siwon´s family, since less than a year, they would receive the news about their separation.

Siwon covered his wife´s hands with his own. He knew Kyuhyun was worried for something because h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter