Five

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

 

 

 Siwon touched his face for nth time that day. Kyuhyun´s message had made him feel uneasy and he hadn´t had the chance to talk to him yet.

What the hell was Victoria thinking? What had she told Kyuhyun, his wife? He had less than a week married and he already had to think in a way to keep his wife and lovers away from each other. Siwon hadn´t talked to Victoria since he put the ring on his wife´s finger. He tried to call her, but when her butler told him that his Lady didn´t accept calls, he thought that they didn´t have anything else to tell each other.

Sue had sent him a cold message 'call me when you get tired of him'

And what did he mean with ‘snake’? Nothing good, that´s for sure.

Damn it. If he didn´t have to spend a whole day flying, he would take his private jet and come back to his wife. The plan was to come back to Korea on Sunday afternoon to pick up his wife and then fly together to London.

He had to follow his original plan, but the idea of seeing him again was killing him. The phone calls he had with him daily made him really happy, he smiled all the time in a way that he never imagined. So much flirting would be a problem when they were at the same country. An ocean between them seemed to be a good distance. Maybe for that, he felt like he was more open-minded with him. For him, women were always a game which he wasn´t able to deny. First to attract them, that was very easy for him, and then to seduce them. His relationships always lasted from six months to a year as maximum. However, the attraction he felt for them, used to turn off before that time. Siwon didn´t know the monogamy, feature that had inherited from his father, no doubt.

With Kyuhyun, he didn´t need to play. For the first time in his life, he felt comfortable with a person.

Suddenly he felt his phone vibrating.

“Kyuhyun” – he whispered hopeful.

But it wasn´t his wife, it was a message informing him about the movements of the credit cards that he had given to his wife.

Maybe Victoria´s visit would be useful for something, he thought. He checked out the quantity of the charges and smiled. Suddenly he remembered what his wife told him about ‘women are emotional creatures’ but not only women, it seemed to be.

 

Siwon hadn´t given to him the details of the person who would be on charge of watching his marriage for the whole year, only that there was somebody. The time that they spent together should be very convincing, but being separated, would be hard for both. Kyuhyun imagined that Siwon´s daily calls were a way to measure the affection towards him.

Kyuhyun convinced his husband that Victoria´s visit hadn´t affected him. He didn´t have to know till what point she had made him see the things from other perspective. Certainly the credit cards talked by themselves. He didn´t have to envy anything to Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Suits, shoes, sunglasses, bags and watches from famous designers. He spent almost a whole day making the manicure, making his hair, making a facial cleaning, etc. Even though he changed his look a bit, he felt watched all the time.

“You are being paranoid Kyuhyun” – he said to himself when he closed the curtains of his house on Friday afternoon.

He took a look on his watch and calculated the time that would be in Europe. It was always Siwon who called, so he thought it would be a good idea if he took the initiative this time thinking that his phone was being tapped.

He lifted the telephone receiver up to his ear and then picked up a paper with the number of Siwon´s phone in London.

One tone, followed by a click, then another tone.

He froze right there. He knew that sound, he remembered it very well. Calling Siwon with his cellphone was one, but what he knew was that there was a camera watching him and a microphone hidden somewhere in his house. Fortunately, the last conversations with Siwon took place on the streets and always through his cellphone.

Going out of his house to make the call was another option.

Then it was the number three. If the person who had made his telephone tapped, expected to hear a discussion about a fake marriage, the disappointment would be bigger.

The Government had already invalidated his private life in the past with terrible results for his family. Kyuhyun wouldn´t let anybody to take what it was from his husband by natural right.

Like it or not, Siwon was his husband for the next fifty three weeks more.

Kyuhyun took off his shoes and he lifted the wireless telephone receiver again. With his mobile phone on his other hand, he sent a text message first.

'Are you at home?'

His cellphone vibrated 'for the first time in the whole week'

He started to dial the number again 'keep your cellphone close and play along with me'

Siwon looked at his phone screen and shook his head.

“To play along with him? What is that supposed to mean?” – he was going to write the question when his land line rang, he picked it up and heard Kyuhyun´s voice practically purring through the other side of the phone.

“Hi sweatheart”

Sweatheart? Where did that come from? He opened his mouth willing to ask, but Kyuhyun kept talking, every syllable more provocative than the last one.

“How about your day?”

“Busy. I feel like taking the free afternoon tomorrow” – Siwon´s cellphone vibrated 'have you heard that click on the line?'

Siwon read Kyuhyun´s question and started to answer aloud.

“Kyuhyun, what´s going…?”

“God! How much I miss you! I hope to get my passport soon and we can meet again”

Siwon widened his eyes like plates. He didn´t seem to be drinking, even though the idea of his wife missing him made him really happy. Even like this, he was able to recognize a lie when he heard it.

'I think someone might have tapped my phone, keep talking'

“What?” – his phone was tapped?

“I told that I´ve missed you” – Kyuhyun repeated.

“I´ve missed you too” – Siwon muttered while he typed 'What the hell is going on?'

Kyuhyun smiled.

“Do you know what I have been thinking all day?”

His voice of line got confused with the text messages, and Siwon was already losing his mind. If someone had tapped his phone that meant that someone had gone into his house. Suddenly he started to worry about his wife and felt shivers down his spine. He was too far to protect him.

“No, why don´t you tell me about it?” – Siwon replied.

'I´m being watched. In fact, I think someone is listening to us right now'

“Well I have been thinking about that y smile of yours” – Kyuhyun said.

Siwon breathed deeply before continuing typing the next message.

“Do you think that my smile is y?”

“You know it is true. I miss to see your smile and your eyes when we are together”

Siwon knew that those words were for the person who was listening to their conversation, but not for that was minor the effect that caused in him. Kyuhyun was not an actor, but he was doing a great job.

'I have to take you out of there'

“Do you know what I miss about you?” – Siwon asked, playing along.

“Tell me”

'I agree with you' - Kyuhyun answered Siwon´s text.

Siwon was surprised that Kyuhyun didn´t resist in the request.

“What?”

“That you tell me what you miss from me” – Kyuhyun reminded him.

Siwon left his cellphone aside and concentrated on his next words.

“I miss your wild brown hair over my pillow – It was not the first time that he imagined him like that, even though he had never seen him…yet – the way you wet your lips before kissing each other”

“Really?” – Kyuhyun´s voice was getting even deeper.

“I miss the lavender smell of your skin. I´m going to command the gardeners to plant lavender so every time I walk by there I can remember you” - Where had that come up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter