Eleven

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ELEVEN

 

 

Siwon had decided that he would talk to Kyuhyun that same night. He could no longer hide him the of will that his father had left after his death. Honesty was their honor code. The absolute trust that Kyuhyun had put in him, would make him a better man. He was scared to know that Jake believed he could oblige Kyuhyun to get pregnant or use him to those extremes. How disgusting was the reputation he had built? Maybe yes. There were not many people who had a positive thought about him, maybe only Kyuhyun.

It was around six p.m when he entered to his house in Seoul. The noises of the cook took him there first.

“I hope you have prepared enough for two”

“You are home. Thanks God. I was about to call you up” – the cook said.

“Call me? Why? Is everything ok?” – Siwon asked worried now.

“It´s Kyuhyun. He has barely gotten out of his bedroom during the whole day”

All the alarms jumped over Siwon´s head.

“Is he sick?” – he asked walking to the stairs.

“I don´t know. He hasn´t eaten anything and I have heard him cry”

                    Siwon went upstairs in matter of seconds and ran to their bedroom. The moment he opened the door, he heard Kyuhyun´s sobs from the bathroom. His sobs dug into his chest like daggers. Then he swore, and Siwon thought it was better not to have public.

“I take care of him” – Siwon said to his cook. The woman turned around and left immediately.

When he entered to the bathroom, he found Kyuhyun sat on the shower with his knees on his chest and his head hidden between his knees.

“Kyuhyun?” – Siwon called while he got close to him.

When he opened his eyes bathed in tears to look at his husband, Siwon felt that something inside him broke into two. What could it be so terrible? In spite of the several times they have talked about that only women were emotional creatures, for the first time he realized that his wife was one of them even though he was a man. Kyuhyun looked at him, and with a slight shaking in his lip, he started to cry again.

“Sweetheart. What happens to you?” – he tried to hug him but Kyuhyun didn´t let him.

“They haven´t w-worked” – he answered.

“What hasn´t it worked?” – Siwon kneeled in front of him and put his hands on his shoulders.

Kyuhyun took a box he has next to him and shook it in front of his eyes.

“This”

Siwon needed some seconds to recognize what he had in his hand. The floor was full of condoms without use, as if Kyuhyun would have fought with the latex. There were several boxes everywhere.

“I don´t understand what you mean”

Kyuhyun took another box and threw it to the wastepaper bin.

“They have failed” – he exclaimed. He took another box and threw it again.

Kyuhyun hid his head between his knees again.

“I´m pregnant”

Oh my God!

Till the last nerve of his body tensed up. Siwon prepared himself for what would come from now on, even though he had no idea of what it was. The fear didn´t appear anywhere. Consternation? Not either. Impression? Yes. He couldn´t deny he was impressed. The last thing he expected after meeting his lawyer was that his wife, his temporal one, told him he would become a father. It would take him some time in getting used to the idea of the shaking man in front of him, was carrying his baby.

Dammit. It was not strange that Kyuhyun behaved like that.

Siwon put his arms around him and Kyuhyun let himself be cuddled by his husband.

“Nothing happens” – he whispered in his ear.

The sobs were so desperate, so heartbreaking, that soon he felt guilty as if only the responsible of that could do it.

“Everything will be ok”

And he was convinced of that. Somehow.

“I didn´t w-want t-this to happen” – Kyuhyun explained, sobbing between words.

“I know” - he knew it without hesitation. He knew that Kyuhyun would have never planned something like this.

Victoria! Of course, with more motivation than becoming a duchess.

Sue? Probably not. She didn´t seem to have that maternal instinct.

Kyuhyun? No. Not even in his dreams. His wife was too authentic to play those games. His word was honesty.

Siwon took him in his arms to pull him away from his particular war with the condoms. God. Why did he have so many boxes of the same trade? Oh, yes. Victoria had assured him that she was allergic to any other trade that wasn´t that, the same that covered the entire floor now.

Siwon took him bridal style to their bed. He placed him over the bed softly. Kyuhyun´s sobs have turned into a slight whimpering. It didn´t take him so long in relaxing and getting asleep in his husband´s arms. Siwon didn´t let him go in any moment. He caressed his hair, his face and repeated him over and over again that he was by his side and that everything would be ok.

He would take care of everything.

During the night, Kyuhyun woke up several times, always with the weight of Siwon´s arm around his waist or his fingers caressing his skin. Next morning the few sleeping hours, gave as a result puffy eyes and the worst headache he had ever suffered in years.

The things couldn´t go worse than that.

Suddenly he remembered he was pregnant.

Well, yeah. They could go worse.

Kyuhyun freed from his husband and went to the bathroom. He looked around and realized that Siwon had cleaned all the mess he did with the condoms. God! He muttered. He didn´t want to see another in his life.

When he saw himself through the mirror, he could see his messy hair and the circles under his eyes.

What a disaster!

He averted his eyes from the mirror and took a warm shower. Suddenly his head was full of theories of what might happen between Siwon and him from now on, theories that he obliged to ignore.

Stop supposing! None of them had wanted that pregnancy. Now there´s no turning back.

He knew that he couldn´t give his child in adoption, or even worst, he couldn´t interfere in his pregnancy. He was a responsible adult not a teenager anymore.

After the shower, the headache had lost its intensity. He applied some cream on his face and some gel drops under his eyes. He felt alive again.

When he got out of the bathroom, he expected to see his husband still sleeping.

But he wasn´t.

Still with his wrinkled clothes from the last day, his husband was beside of a tray with the breakfast that had brought from the kitchen. Kyuhyun saw coffee, milk, and juice; and then another tray with salty cookies, toasts and hard-boiled eggs.

“What is this?”

Siwon took him from the elbow and offered him a chair. He sat by his wife with a serene smile on his lips.

“Pregnant people in the first three months, use to start the day with soft food in order to settle the stomach” – he said it as if he were reading a book.

“Where did you get all this?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter