Twelve

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWELVE

 

Morning sickness, instead of getting better, got worse. Every day Siwon repeated, with the discipline of a soldier, that vomits were terrible, but he would help him to bear them the best he could till they disappeared. They decided to keep the pregnancy in secret till the second trimester, basically because of the risk of complications and spontaneous abortions. The gynecologist assured them that from the second month on they wouldn´t have to worry, but still like this they decided to wait till telling the others about it.

Kyuhyun not even told Donghae. It wasn´t easy. He was his best friend but maybe he could reveal his secret while he spoke with someone. It was risky.

Siwon was by his side in every moment, as he had promised.

From time to time, he had to fly to Europe, but his trips were very short, three days as maximum. Kyuhyun had a bad time when he left. He missed him so much, but having him back at home always was wonderful.

And the weeks went by very fast. The nights were a memorable experience in Siwon´s arms.

 

One day, Siwon came back home after a long day at his office. Kyuhyun had dedicated his day to remove pictures and move the furniture that was in front of the bedroom. He was lifting a night table when heard Siwon´s alarming voice shouting from the door.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?”

Kyuhyun let the night table fall with the scare.

“You have scared me” – Kyuhyun said.

Siwon walked to him with the hands on his hips.

“You shouldn´t be lifting furniture – his eyes took a look over the place – have you removed everything from here?”

The closet, bed and the tables were still remaining.

“Yes. Why? We told this would be the baby´s bedroom”

“This is not good” – Siwon whispered.

Then Siwon cried out his staff.

They arrived to the speed of light in surprise. When they were all together in front of them, Siwon tried to relax and said.

“Kyuhyun is pregnant”

Everybody smiled.

One of them said “I knew it”

“If you knew it so why did you let him move furniture?” – Siwon said in an angry tone.

“He didn´t want our help” – said one of them.

“I don´t need help” – Kyuhyun defended himself and his staff – What´s the problem?”

“You can´t do it”

“You don´t think I´m able to empty a bedroom?” – Kyuhyun was getting pissed off.

“From now on I don´t want Kyuhyun to lift anything that can weigh more than a dish or bag full of clothes. And if the bag weighs so much, not even that” – Siwon looked at his wife but his words were for his staff.

Eric started to move the furniture left but Kyuhyun blocked him.

“Stop! I´m pregnant not sick. The gynecologist said nothing about restrictions”

The staff decided to leave them alone to solve their problems.

When they were alone again in the room, Kyuhyun said “I thought we had decided not to tell anybody about the baby”

Siwon looked around.

“Well, we haven´t fulfilled with that point. Dammit! Kyuhyun, you could have hurt yourself dragging things from one place to another one”

“They are not more than things”

“Heavy things that you shouldn´t lift”

“Come on, please..”

Siwon lifted a hand to silence the protests.

“If you lifted this table – Siwon asked, kicking the wood – and you realized about a pain in your belly?”

Kyuhyun felt a shiver down his spine.

“That doesn´t have to happen”

“But if it did?”

Kyuhyun looked around and for the first time he was aware of the bed size and the huge closet he was supposed to remove from that room.

Maybe his husband was right.

“Can I carry the bags after going shopping?” – Kyuhyun asked in a teasing way.

Siwon approached to his wife and hugged him tight. Kyuhyun could notice his cold hands caressing his back and the fast heart beats in his chest. He was very worried. The most emotional part of Kyuhyun sighed in relief when he realized how much his husband worried about him.

“Please promise me that you will ask for help the next time”

Kyuhyun never promised anything he wouldn´t be able to fulfill, so he didn´t hurry to answer what Siwon wanted to hear.

“Promise me” – he insisted, giving a step back and holding Kyuhyun´s head with both hands.

“This morning when I got up, I felt really good. I think morning sickness has gone away”

“Promise me” – Siwon didn´t think to give up.

“Ok. I do. I won´t lift weight. Satisfied?

“Do you promise me?

“I promise! – He exclaimed giving him a push in his chest – Jesus Christ! Do you always get what you want?”

Siwon nodded.

“I promise to carry anything you want to lift from now on. When you want something, you won´t have to ask me twice”

“I´m not that weak, and if you haven´t forgotten I´m not a woman either…ok big boy I want you to empty the room right now in order to paint the walls later”

Siwon opened his eyes like plates and frowned.

“With the strong smell of paint?”

Kyuhyun knew he would have to make a lot of promises more before the night came.

At the end, he promised to let his husband the heavy work. In exchange, he would have free rein to spend and order as many changes as he wanted.

 

Instead of communicating by letter the arrival of their future heir to his father´s lawyers, Siwon opted for a very spectacular presentation.

Once Kyuhyun felt good to travel again, they organized a trip to London to share the news with his family.

The small festive dinner was abuzz till Siwon asked for silence and took Kyuhyun´s hand.

“I guess many of you are wondering why we are gathered all here tonight”

“You know I love the suppositions” – his mother said from the other side of the table. Everybody around laughed and Siwon waited for the silence again to continue.

“Kyuhyun and I are expecting our first child for next January”

“I knew it!!!” – Jiwon said jumping from her chair to hug Kyuhyun and then his brother tight.

The people present didn´t stop giving congratulations and good intentions.

Kim Soo caught Siwon´s gaze from the other extreme of the table, and his lips drew a thin line. Siwon had always blamed his father for the bad relationship that existed between the two cousins. If his father wouldn´t have named him as his second heir, maybe Siwon and Kim Soo would be more united. Sadly the reality was quite different.

Then Siwon focused all his attention on his wife. He radiated pride and that special shine that many people attributed to pregnant people. He was wearing a summer suit: a light blue shirt with short sleeves, white cloth pants and a belt around – his now flat - belly. Siwon loved the way he dressed like a super model. Kyuhyun definitely loved clothes. He had chosen well. Siwon had started to realize that Kyuhyun´s s were more swollen and sensitive when they made love. Every morning he discovered a new wonder.

In the last visit to the gynecologist, before flying to London, they had heard the rapid heartbeat of their child´s heart. Kyuhyun´s eyes had filled with tears and Siwon had felt a lump in his throat. Suddenly he had felt an unconditional love for his child, an emotion more solid than any other that he had experienced in all his life. Well, almost, he muttered.

He searched his wife´s gaze; he was surrounded by many people who wanted to hug him. Discovering the love he felt for his child, had taken him to realize about another reality.

The love he felt for his wife.

Instead of escaping from a lot of devastating emotions, Siwon kept them against his chest as if they were a poker game. He would have enough time to figure out Kyuhyun´s feelings before he confessed him his own. After all, Siwon was used to play his cards till he was sure he could win.

At the end of the night, one of his father´s lawyers approached to him just before leaving the party.

“I see you have ensured all the points of your father´s will”

Said that way, Siwon couldn´t help but feel a thin layer of dirt that clouded his conscience. He hadn´t done anything bad to get his objective, but he hadn´t told Kyuhyun about the need of getting an heir to ensure the heritage.

“It seems so” – Siwon answered.

The lawyer offered him a hand.

“We will meet after the birth and we will sign the papers of the testament. Congratulations again”

“Thank you”

While he followed the lawyer with his gaze, he felt that someone was watching him. When he turned around, he met Kyuhyun in the middle of the entrance hall.

“Your father´s lawyer, right?”

Siwon nodded slightly.

“They were close friends”

Kyuhyun approached to Siwon and put a hand on his waist before leaning on him.

“I guess he won´t doubt about your intentions now”

“I´m afraid he will keep on doubting till the baby is born”

Kyuhyun supported his head on Siwon´s shoulder and faked a yawn with his hand.

“You are tired. We should go to our house”

“But still there are many people who came to see yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter