thirteen

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

             (FINAL)

          

Kyuhyun left. Dammit! All it was for a stupid omission from him.

Kyuhyun needed time to calm down and he understood it, but he knew that his wife would return to him.

However, while the minutes turned into an hour and then into two, Siwon realized that what he hid from Kyuhyun weighed more in his wife´s life than he ever imagined.

When an hour later his telephone rang, he hurried to answer it.

“Kyuhyun?” – but he disappointed when he knew it was his lawyer instead.

“Sorry. I´ll call you later if you are expecting a phone call”

The last person he wanted to talk to, was his lawyer. He took a glass of Whisky and drank it in one shot.

“What do you want?”

“Are you ok? For your voice I can tell you are ed”

“Thank you”

“Ok. You are not in the mood to talk. I only wanted you to know that the detective has seen Victoria corralling Kyuhyun in a shopping center today. According to him, Victoria was being a little aggressive, but it has been Kyuhyun who has left the place very affected for the situation.

Victoria?

“Has he heard the conversation?” – Siwon asked.

“No. He hasn´t approached that much. Is everything ok?”

And something in Siwon´s brain made a click. So it seemed that Kyuhyun had found out about the will through Victoria. But how did she know it?

Suddenly he remembered the woman of the picture.

“! The woman…”

“What?”

“The woman of the picture with Victoria, Yeona. Yeona….I don´t remember her surname. She works as a secretary at my father´s lawyer office – Siwon raised a hand to his forehead – Victoria knows the secretary”

“Does your ex know the right hand of your father´s lawyer?”

“What it means that Victoria knew about my father´s will from the beginning” – it was not strange that she wished to become a duchess.

“Do you think she was behind the cameras too?” – his lawyer asked.

“I bet she does”

“And what has she said to your wife?”

“Enough to make him leave” – it didn´t make sense to hide it anymore from his lawyer. Sooner or later he would be the first one in finding it out if there was a legal problem.

“He has left? What do you mean?”

“It doesn´t care. I´ll call you in a couple of days. Meanwhile, write a letter to my father´s lawyer reminding him that a breach of confidentiality agreement might cause the invalidity of anything that goes out from that office”

Dammit! He couldn´t deny he was a tyrant, and not much better than his father. Even in a crucial time for him, about to lose his wife and child, he couldn´t help but think in the end of his problems.

“Better said, don´t do anything right now. No, wait… I need you to do another thing”

Then Siwon gave the commands.

One hour later, he was seated in front of his laptop, checking the browser if Kyuhyun had been searching for flights to somewhere, but when he opened the history and found several pages about condoms and rates of related pregnancy, Siwon stared at the screen for a long time.

If Victoria knew the will, she knew his father demanded an heir…she would be willing to get pregnant from him and that looked like an accident. Thanks God, Siwon had met Kyuhyun, what it meant the end of his relationship with Victoria. The only one left from her was the box of condoms that had ‘forgotten’ after she left.

“Damn !”

He stood up and went to his bedroom. In the box of condoms, there were only two left. He raised one of them and he didn´t see anything wrong, so he kept it in the light.

When he saw the little hole in the middle of the wrapper, he felt a surge of anger that burnt his chest and body. Oh My God!

“Kyuhyun!”

His wife must have discovered about the manipulation and thought bad about him. And why not? He had neither bothered to explain him that the condoms were from an ex.

Dammit! What had he thought about him? Surely that he was worse than his ex-lover, another man who disappointed him, another one who lied to him to get what he wanted. He wanted to call him as soon as possible, oblige him to listen to what he had to tell him, but how could he prove it?

He visualized Victoria´s image and he felt a rage so intense than he had never experienced before. The hate he felt for his father was a walk by the country in comparison to the thirst of revenge he felt for his ex-lover right now.

Siwon took his phone to ask for a couple of favors. Hyuk Jae had a lot of friends in the police station.

“Hyuk, I need you to do something for me”

 

Twenty four hours later, Siwon waited outside a luxurious building tightening his hands so hard that Kyuhyun would have been proud of him. Not going after him was the worst, but he didn´t want to face Kyuhyun till Victoria paid for what she had done.

He smelt the sweet floral perfume that Victoria always gave off, so intense that was disgusting, before even seeing her. His pulse quickened and not because he still felt something for her but because he hated her deeply. If she ended with the chance of a possible future together with his wife and child, he would do anything he could to ruin her life. He promised that to himself while he walked far from the building with her holding her arm tight.

Victoria surprised, but when she turned around and saw Siwon, she relaxed.

“Siwon! Honey! How are you?”

From the corner of his eye, he saw how Hyuk Jae and an agent from the police entered to Victoria´s building without she could realize about it.

“Do you have a minute?” – he asked, feeling goosebumps when thinking he had to be nice with her during the time the register of her floor lasted.

The expression of Victoria´s face changed as if she weren´t sure about his intentions.

“I thought we didn´t have anything else to say to each other?”

“I wanted to thank you for telling me” – the lie had left his mouth with so much naturalness that even he believed it.

“Tell you? What?”

“That Kyuhyun wouldn´t be happy till he took over my soul. I thought we could agree a nice and quiet marriage, lacking of emotions and loyalties…” - he let the words floating between them to see if she took the bait.

“Oh Siwon! – she took off her sunglasses and gave him a gaze full of fake compassion – what has happened?”

“I´m not sure. All of this about the pregnancy…I didn´t expect it. I don´t know, we have always been careful – he looked around and took her to another place free of people´s eyes – how can a person get pregnant using condoms? It´s not that I doubt about the paternity, but…”

Victoria lowered his head.

“Oh my God! I heard once that a woman made holes to the condoms in order to get pregnant. Do you think he would be able to do something so serious?”

Siwon closed his eyes and was glad to wear dark sunglasses that hide almost all his expressions. He could feel the bitter taste of the bile in his throat. Evil and vengeful . He sent a mental sign to the men who were searching in Victoria´s room in order to get out from there as soon as possible. Every minute with her was a minute without his wife.

“I can´t even imagine it…” – Siwon said.

“I should be angry with you, after all you married him when we two…”

Siwon sighed.

“I…” - suddenly his cellphone vibrated from the pocket of his pants, he took it out and could read the message We caught her!

The lie that was about to leave from his mouth died right there. Instead of that, the truth appeared.

“I love him”

“What?”

“Love. Trust. Things that I never felt when I was with you”

Victoria who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter