Ten

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TEN

 

 

When they came back to Seoul, the first thing that Kyuhyun did, was to visit his sister Yoora at BlueLight. On the one hand, he felt guilty for having a great time with Jiwon in London, Siwon´s sister; and on the other, he was so excited of his new life with Siwon. He entered to his sister´s room with a knot in his stomach.

“Hey sweetheart!” – Kyuhyun greeted her through the window.

Yoora saw him and smiled.

“I have missed you” – she said to him in words that only Kyuhyun could understand.

“I have missed you too – Kyuhyun said with a soft smile – have you eaten well?”

“Yes” – but Kyuhyun knew that it was a lie.

“Would you like to eat this delicious food I brought for you?”

“I´d like that” – his sister replied.

And Kyuhyun helped his sister eating. She ate everything that his brother brought her. He was so happy to see his sister after a long time and eating normally. How he would wish to live together once more time…but it wasn´t the moment right now. She was not healthy and her sickness wouldn´t be cured soon and maybe never.

 

 

“I have to fly to New York” – Siwon said to Kyuhyun almost one week later.

“I was wondering when you would start your trips” – Kyuhyun muttered with a pouty face.

He knew his husband spent more hours in his private jet than in any of other houses he owned around the world. Sharing the bed with him for a month was luxury that he knew some day had to end.

“You might come with me” - Siwon suggested.

They were drinking coffee in the balcony of their house with an amazing view of the sea. A routine that both enjoyed after they came back from Europe. A part from Kyuhyun wanted to jump of happiness because of the invitation, but his most practical side denied doing it. He had a clock in his head that marked the hours left as Siwon´s wife, and the suitcases every time made more noise. The more he wanted to ignore the tic tac, the worse the effects of it were on his soul. There were moments, like this one, when Siwon smiled and invited him to travel with him, and in which their marriage seems to be more than a piece of paper, more than a proper act by mercenaries that had come to an agreement. The way Siwon made love to him and hugged him, even when they were too tired to move, filtrated in his heart day by day.

“I don´t think it is a good idea”

“Why not?”

“I have neglected Yoora. She hasn´t eaten well while I wasn´t here and she hasn´t slept well either”

Siwon held his hand.

“You don´t have to feel guilty for having a life, Kyuhyun”

“I know. But it´s hard. I´m all what she has now”

“You can always bring her here. We can hire a person full time to take care of her”

It was the second time that Siwon spoke about that topic. And if his marriage with him wasn´t temporal, he would have accepted the offer without thinking twice.

“We have already talked about it. It wouldn´t be fair to bring her here for then…you know. She wouldn´t understand it. That kind of stress can provoke sicknesses and relapse in the evolution”

“But…”

“Please, stop. I know your intentions are good, but I have to take care of her long-term well-being”

“I´m going to be in New York only this weekend. The senator Reeves celebrates a dinner to raise money. I should be there”

“The man who wants to reduce the taxes over the exportations?”

“Wow…you are so smart! I love to speak about these topics with you. I feel so comfortable”

“Honesty is our honor code, my dear duke. I´m sure not all the women have been so terrible”

“All women’ you say it like if I would have had a harem”

“You have had more women than I men in my life, that´s for sure”

Siwon laughed.

“Which it hasn´t been hard, my sweet duchess”

“Even like that…”

“Maybe I could speak with the women that I had in my life but I didn´t trust any of them the way I trust you now” – Siwon widened his eyes as if he was surprised to hear his own confession.

That showed something, right? Siwon should feel more for him than for any of the women he had had before.

He couldn´t explain what that feeling meant in his heart.

“When do you leave?”

“Tomorrow”

“I´ll miss you” – Kyuhyun said with a sad heart.

                   Siwon met his wife´s eyes and took one of Kyuhyun´s hands to his cheek. He kissed his hand softly never leaving his wife´s eyes. Then he kissed him on the lips with all he got.

                    But he didn´t repeat his wife´s words.

 

 

Siwon always liked to go to cocktails. It was the perfect place to find women to spend the night. This time, however, when he walked across the place full of beautiful women, all he could think of was his Kyuhyun. Having his wife by his side.

 

It was evident that Kyuhyun felt guilty for his sister. When he returned from BlueLight after seeing Yoora, his eyes were full of tears.

Certainly Yoora wouldn´t understand anything when the moment of their separation arrived, but the year they had together would be worthy.

The constant travels to the center made Kyuhyun exhausted all the time. He even stopped jogging in the mornings. For Siwon, it wasn´t a bad thing because that meant he could spend more time with him in the mornings before going to work.

 

“I would give anything to know what you are thinking right now” – said a familiar voice but not nice waking him from his daydream.

“Victoria”

She was as tall as Kyuhyun, wearing elegant clothes from designers and showing a smile that always worked with him before but now it didn´t have effect on him anymore. Siwon only could think in the word ‘snake’ that Kyuhyun used to describe her.

“You are very kind in remembering my name”

“Don´t be ridiculous” – Siwon said, obliging her to smile.

“I knew you were an implacable but not a coward. You could just have told me about your plans. Maybe I could have helped you and not that ‘man’ you have for…”

“Have a little respect, Victoria. Kyuhyun is my wife”

“Till when, Siwon?” – she whispered to him, getting close.

“The green doesn´t suit you, Victoria”

“Jealous…me? Of him? – the sarcasm in her laughter caught the attention of some people there – you have tied to a man raised by a thieves gang. Trust him your surname would be the beginning of the end”

“Thanks for worrying about me”

As he was calmer, more nervous was Victor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter