What happened to you, Oppa?

Oceans Apart

YOON A POV

I quickly dismissed the thought of Hyun Bin Oppa... It's better not to have any wrong assumption before I get the real confirmation. Besides he already promised to me.

"Oppa, do you really have to leave?" I was crying my heart out on the day Hyun Bin Oppa and his family were going to the airport.

"I guess so. Dad was transferred back to work in Korea." Now Oppa is starting to cry too.

"Oppa,.. Will you ever forget me?"

"Of course I won't. When we grew up, I will come back to you and bring you together with me. Just don't date anyone else than me, Yoon A."

"I won't, Oppa. Just come back to me when the right time come.. I will be waiting for you always. Here." I took Hyun Bin Oppa's hand and put it close to my heart.

"Oppa promise! Although we're oceans apart, our heart will always be near," That's the promise that I hold until this very moment. I know he won't betray me by dating another woman.

"Write to me,.. Okay, Oppa!" That was our last word.. We keep writing letter to each other until we enter Middle School. I don't really know the reason as I already mentioned before.

 

I closed the door to my room and heads for the dining area. I am starving! As soon as I reach the dining area, I grabbed a plate and quickly helped myself with the buffet serving. The food was really delicious. Eun Hye was right about this place. I wonder who her cousin was. I was just about leaving when I hear his voice again...

 

"Hey, good morning! You're Yoon A, right?" Not again. That guy!

 

"Um.. Hi!" I was only able to smile and wave at him before dashing out from the room. Why does I have to always meet this guy!

 

"Hey, wait! Why are you avoiding me?"

 

"I.... busy. Excuse me.."

 

"No... no..." This guy really don't understand English, is it? I already said that I am busy right. I ignored him and walk toward the entrance. I don't know why I have to avoid this guy but let it just be.

"Taxi!!!" I tried to look for taxi but couldn't find any. I sighed. This big hotel doesn't have any taxi service available?

 

HONK!!HONK!!

 

"Ms. Yoon A. Come on in!" When did that guy got here? He was waving his hand urging me to get into his car. Not again! This is embarrassing. He really like to horn people!

 

"I don't want to!" I really don't want to get into his car but he was very determined. He's not even moving his car a bit before I get in.

 

HONK!! HONK!!

Because it was the main entrance, many cars were coming through. Because that Taec Yeon guy's car is blocking the way, everyone is pressing their horn Horn. With a heavy heart, I finally get into his car.

 

"Why are you so scared of me? I want to be your friend." He asked when I was inside his car.

 

"Friend?...Ah.. Friend." I pointed my finger toward him... Perhaps he meant no harm at all. Okay, then it's fine. I should give him a chance to be a friend. 

 

"So where do you want to go?" He asked again. I gave him the address of Hyun Bin Oppa. He looked at it..

 

"You.. Not.. Working?" I wondered why is he here and not at work at this moment. Who is he? 

 

"Don't worry about me." He smiled. Did I just asked a stupid question?

 

Throughout the journey, we talked a lot... I am feeling much comfortable with him.

 

"You stay where, Mr Taec Yeon?"

 

"Just call me Taec Yeon...or Oppa if you want. Besides I am much older than you," He said.

 

"Then, just call me Yoon A then.. Ignore the Miss..."

 

"I'm staying with my parents but they're seldom at home."

 

"You must feel very alone." I acknowledge his feeling.

 

"Yeah, but I have two best friends--- I spent time with them whenever I feel bored. I should introduce them to you when we have chance. I am sure you will like them."

 

"Maybe... I has a best friend too... She will be coming to Korea this weekend."

 

"Really? That's great!"

 

"Yeah..."

 

After driving for about two hours we finally reach Hyun Bin Oppa's house. Well, I am not really sure if he's still staying here though. Taec Yeon Oppa decided to stay in the car. Personal businness--he said.

I pressed the door bell.... Nobody answered. I pressed another time... I could hear some movement inside the house.

The doors opened... Please!!!

 

"Yes, how may I help you?" An old lady greet me. She must be one of the maid here.

 

"Is Mr. Hyun Bin at home?" I asked.

 

" I am so sorry, Agashi.. but we don't have anyone by that name living here.." I was very disappointed to hear that.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Let me just call the head butler for you. He might be able to help you. Do you want to come in?" She offered to help.

 

"Yes, Please.."

 

Few minutes later.. A man in his late middle age came with the old lady.

 

"How may I help you, Agasshi?" He asked me..

 

"I was looking for this person by the name of Mr. Hyun Bin."

 

"Ah,.. Hyun Bin.. Now I remember. They used to stay in this house before but I am not sure where are they now. It's been 7 years already.." The head butler paused for a moment.

 

"What happened to them?" I tried to dig some more stories..

 

"I am not sure. The family consist of just this Hyun Bin boy and his parents right?"

 

"Yes..." There's rays of hope for me.

 

"Well, they got into an accident that requires the young boy to be hospitalized for quite some time... and his condition requires him to be in and out of the hospital so they decided to stay near the city so that the young boy could get treatment.." He explained.

 

I said my thanks to them and heads for the door. What really happened to Hyun Bin Oppa?

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________