Why does she keep avoiding me?

Oceans Apart

TAEC YEON POV

 

I was doing one of my regular rounds around the hotel. I was in the dining area when I saw her. My hearts glow upon seeing her. I will never let go of this chance.

 

Hey, good morning! You're Yoon A, right?" I greeted her.

 

"Um.. Hi!" She smile and wave at me before dashing out from the room.

 

"Why does she keep avoiding me? Am I that scary?" I thought to myself.

As far as I realize, not even one girl had ever fled from me. In fact they're the one who's coming to me.

 

"Hey, wait! Why are you avoiding me?" I quickly follow her.

 

"I.... busy. Excuse me.." She said she's busy?

 

"No... no..." The girl still keep saying no. What's wrong with her? She went out to the front lobby trying to look far a taxi.

"Pabo!" I muttered in my heart. Doesn't she know that this hotel does not have a taxi service?

 

I quickly call one of the car jockey to get my car ready. As soon as I get into the car, I drive to the front lobby. There she is.... still trying to get a taxi I suppose. This girl is really something..

 

HONK!!HONK!!

 

"Ms. Yoon A. Come on in!" I pressed my car's horn repeatedly and call to her, trying to tell her to get into the car.

 

"I don't want to!" Her tone is slightly high pitched. Is she angry at me?

 

Whatever---she had no choice but to get into my car. There's lots of car swarming behind.. Hello! This is the main entrance where many cars are coming through so It's only normal to get few horns from those impatient customers when they're delayed.

 

"Why are you so scared of me? I want to be your friend." I asked when she get in the car.

 

"Friend?...Ah.. Friend."she pointed her finger toward me. Cute! This made me like her even more.... She paused for a moment, maybe thinking about what I had just said.

 

"So where do you want to go?" I asked again. She gave me a piece of paper. As I looked into it I saw an address written neatly on it. So, she wants to go to this place. Okay... No problem!

 

"You.. Not.. Working?"  She asked me. She must be wondering what am I doing at this time here.. My fault that I didn't really tell her that I managed the hotel so I got the authority to go in and out as I like. Not quite a bad example to the employees..

 

"Don't worry about me."  I just smiled. I don't have any intention of telling her about my real identity yet.

Throughout the journey, we talked a lot... Now she's not as stiff and unfriendly as before.

 

"You stay where, Mr Taec Yeon?" Did she just asked me a question?

 

"Just call me Taec Yeon... or Oppa if you want. Besides I am much older than you," I said.

 

"Then, just call me Yoon A then.. Ignore the Miss..." Her voice is very sweet. Too bad that she had an arranged marriage.

 

"I'm staying with my parents but they're seldom at home." I answered her

 

"You must feel very alone." She's even cared about my feeling. She's really my taste!

 

"Yeah, but I have two best friends--- I spent time with them whenever I feel bored. I should introduce them to you when we have chance. I am sure you will like them."

 

"Maybe... I has a best friend too... She will be coming to Korea this weekend."

 

"Really? That's great!"

 

"Yeah..."

 

After driving for about two hours the car finally reached the destination. I let her go out by herself and attend to her business. I don't want to complicate things by appearing with her. Let her deal with what she needs to do.

I do feel a little bit nervous though. How if she managed to find this guy that she's looking for. I am not hoping that she won't fine him either. Whatever may come...