Are we fated together?

Oceans Apart

TAEC YEON POV

 

After dropping Jessica home and greet her parents, I was finally on my way back to one of my family's hotel. Dad had given the authority to manage that hotel--for practice he said.

"Do well in managing that small business and I shall give you all the others," that's such an irrestible offer from my dad. Well, although I am the only heir to such great business empire I still had to earn the trust from my dad.

I smiled when I remember my encounter with a particular girl in the airport today. I don't know why or what drives me but I took a different route from the usual route that I took to go to my office. I took the road that pass through the bus station.

I was enjoying the music in my car when I saw a familiar person.

She was pulling her luggage as she trailed the roadside--she's pretty tired. My guess was confirmed when she stopped and massage her legs a bit. She rub her stomach. I smiled. She must be hungry. I slowed my car not wanting to attract her attention at first.

She tried to stop a taxi but none of it stopped. Silly girl, She shouldn't try to stop any car near the junction. Giving up, she continue walking. Am I stalking her? Nah, I don't want to think of it that way. I honked her...

 

HONK!HONK!

 

Didn't my car honk just loud enough. I didn't see her turning her back toward my direction at all. Maybe she's just pretending and keep walking... I honk her again... but she still didn't stopped.

 

"Miss!.. Miss!" I tried calling her as I lowered my car window.

She stopped but not dare enough to turn around and look at me.

"Miss Luggage!..." I just don't want to give up yet.

She finally slowly turned around. She must have been shocked to see a red 458 Spider Ferrari Sport car parking behind. I know I shouldn't drive around with this car but then this is the only car that I have that I could call my own. Dad gave it to me for my 21st birthday present. I guess she didn't really saw me as all my windows were tinted with dark tint that unable people to look through it from the outside.

She started walking again.. Now what should I do? I stopped my car and get out from it--I was practically jogged to catch up with her.

"Miss, don't be afraid! I want to help you."

She stopped and look at me straight to the eyes... I'm stunned. No one ever looked straight to my eyes before.

"Oh, my goodness!!!" Only that word that came out from .

"Miss, Stop already! I just want to help you okay,"

"Um.. OK!" She stopped. I wait for her to say something. It feels like waiting for ages..

 

"You. help me. this place. find?" she handed to me a piece of paper. I took it and read what was written on it.

The address is similar to my hotel. Is this a coincidence? But the handwriting looks so familiar...

"Ah, you're going to this place? This is unbelievable. This is the place in which I am working at."

"Wait.... you. works here?" Her eyes were sparkling with delight as if she had just won a packet of candies. She must have been looking for this place for quite some time to have such reaction. 

She followed me as I help carried her luggage. She's not as aggressive as  when we first met for this time she allowed me to carry her luggage.

"Please, come in! I'll put your luggage into the bonnet." I opened the door. Hesitating at first but she went into my car anyway... I simply couldn't believe that I got to meet her again.

"You... Know the place that I want to go?" She asked me. 

 

"Sorry, miss. What did you say?" I was too engrossed with my driving that I didn't really hear her.

"Place I want to go. You know?" She repeat back what she had just said.

"Ah, yeah. I'm working there." I answered.

"You ..go Airport... Work?" She asked again.

I was silent for a few moments. What should I say? I look at her and couldn't help but noticed that she's playing with the buttons beside the passenger's seats. I just like her!

Suddenly, the roof of the car just opened.

"Nope. I was there to take my friend's girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" She seems to be a little confused. I hope she hear my word clearly.. I focused on my driving. I don't want to be involve in any accident, not when there's someone special with me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________