Second Wish: A Trip to the Zoo

Oceans Apart

A/N: First and foremost please accept my apologies for not updating for a year. I've been entangled with works and other commitment. Here's the updates. I almost finished writing this story now and I will constantly update every 2 to 3 days. To all my subscriber, thanks for waiting. Please enjoy the update :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taec Yeon POV

 

It's been two days since I saw Yoon A. I've been too busy attending meetings with the international investors. How I missed her a lot!

"Sir, your coffee is here," My secretary placed a new brewed coffee on my desk before leaving the room quietly. She knew better not to messed up with my mood especially when I'm busy.

I opened one of my desk drawer to reveal a gold color envelope. It's a invitation card to a dinner hosted by one of my family hotel investors. It's an annual event and my family never failed to attend it.

Every year my parents would attend this party but this year they have to go for a business trip so I was left with this responsibility. My hands quickly dialled my bestfriends' number.

" Hyunbin hyung, are you coming to the Kwon's Empire annual dinner?" 

 

"I'm not sure. Jessica might come though,"

 

"I want you to meet a special person that day," I don't want to spill all the beans yet.

 

"Wow! Am I hearing your correctly? Now I am super curious. Who could that lucky gilr be?" I could hear Hyun bin chuckled over the phone

 

" You will know that day.. she's alike you in so many ways,"

 

"Really?" Am I not sound convincing?

 

"She loves sunflowers and Japanese food a whole lot!"

 

"Really? She seems to be a very interesting person.. I can picture your eyes full with love," Hyun bin is teasing me.

 

"Are you coming or not?" I asked him again

 

"I will try to sort my schedule out.. okay. But I don't promise," We ended our conversation.

 

Now I just need to make sure Yoon A agrees to be my company for the party. Actually I don't mind at all attending any kind of party as long as Yoon A is there. Let's get on the plan!

If only she would look at me as a man. Not just a friend!

 

 

Yoon A POV

 

The sun shine so brightly today. It's going to be a good day. A better day! I tried hard to cheer myself up. I would be lying if I said I'm okay because it's really obvious that my encounter with Hyun Bin previously shook me. Maybe I should just forget all about this and heads back to my country. Time would heal my heart. 

I am going to make a promise to my heart not to shed anymore tears. Besides breaking the marriage arrangement is what my real reason of coming here. Why did I get myself mislead this far.

"Come on, Yoon A! Just get over with this. Find Hyun Bin, tell him you don't want to marry him, say goodbye to everyone here,.. then board the next plane home for good!"

I was walking toward the exit of the Hotel when I hear someone  calling my name.

"Yoon A ya... Could you please grant my second wish?" Standing in front of me is Taec Yeon smiling brightly wearing an animal hat.

"Why should I?"

"Because It's my second wish." Taec Yeon suddenly produce an identical animal hat that he hid behind him and help me wear it. He can be very sweet!

"So, where we're heading?" I know I can't protest because I promised to grant him 5 wishes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After thirty minutes drive, we arrived at the Zoo. I am actually thrilled. It is unbelievable but to be honest I've never been to the zoo before. While I was growing up, my parents never really brought me to the zoo. I had pets of course and I saw animals in the television and also documentaries, but seeing them face to face---I never imagine I would until this moment!

 

Taec Yeon seems amused to see my expression as he purchased the entrance tickets for the both of us.

"Let's go!" Both of us entered the zoo walking side by side.

 

We're at the water animals section when I saw few penguins

"Aren't they adorable!" I've never really seen Penguins in my real life

'Who? Me? Thanks.."

"Hello!.. I was talking about those penguins,"

"oh.. Sorry! I thought I heard you talking about me," Taec Yeon never fails to make me smile.

"You're annoying!"

I quickly walk past few meters away from him..

 

"Yoon A,.. Do you know that penguins are highly social bird?"

"Really? You are not bluffing right?"

" They usually feed and swim in groups even at sea." I was actually amused. 

"Do you know that some penguins mate for life or until a partner dies.. but some penguins often mate with new partners while the old ones are still alive and in the same colony. Some researchers have noted that male and female penguins sometimes “cheat” on their partners, even while they are nesting and raising young with another penguin."

Now I don't know that.

"So, you're telling me that penguins are like human too in terms of love?" He remained silent..

"I want you to know that when I fall in love, I will love that person until I die," He spoke softly as if wanting me to understand.

"I am sure that person is very lucky to be loved by you!"