A Mission to Complete...

Oceans Apart

Here goes the first chapter..... Don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment please (n_n) Kamsahamnida...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YOON A POV

 

I almost can't believe that I am finally here. My eyes stopped blinking as it surveyed the huge airport. Beautiful! People from all over the world seems very busy with their own business. I walked through the travelator,.. went in to the subway... went through the immigration inspection before I went to the baggage claim area... Incheon International Airport was indeed huge!

I was here for a very special reason--To meet up with the guy that my parents had set for me to marry. What my real mission is to tell that guy that I don't want to marry him. Stupid reason...but here I am. Alone!

 

"Miss, may I have a look at your passport please?" The immigration officer's voice startled me..

 

"Yes,.. This is it!" I handed my passport to the officer. My eyes still looking around. I noticed a couple behind me.. They looked so happy, unlike me. From their look, I could tell that they were newlyweds.. The way they look at each other... so much love!

"Here you are. Have a wonderful time in Korea!" The officer handed back the passport to me after he inspect it with full concentration.

"Korea, here I come!!" I ran happily across the waiting area outside the arrival area of the Incheon International Airport.

The area was as big as my school field. There's too much signs written in Korean that I don't even know a word of what does it meant. I continued running without really minding about the people around me.

 

BUMP!!

 

I think I saw stars spinning around my head for a few seconds. I dropped on the floor. I feel like I just bumped into a huge elephant.

"What was that?" I uttered that word in my heart. I looked around only to notice all the people looking... or I should say staring at me. I am so embarrassed! This is really humiliating.

"Why are all of you looking at me? Never saw someone bumped into something?" I gave them a stern look as I said that word. Why me???

 

"I am so sorry, Miss!" A manly voice with his Korean intonation caught by my ears.

"Ouch... That's hurt! Next time, please look at where you're going." That's the only word that I could say at the moment. After the bump-shock, now only I could feel how painful my buttocks are.

I lift up my hand toward that guy signifying that I'm okay.

"Let me help you." That guy quickly pulled my hand up to help me stand before I even refused his help. He's super quick man!

I looked at his face. Oh, my goodness, Korean guy! Of course he's Korean... besides where in the world am I at anyway if not South Korea. South Korea is the place where Koreans lives right?

I quickly gathered my scattered belongings on the floor and put it into my luggage. That guy is not even helping me at all..

Whatever!..I took my luggage and started walking toward the entrance of the airport. Well, of course I'm not really sure if that's the entrance by the way as English words were very scarce. I barely understands all those Korean words printed on the wall.

 

"Miss, Let me help you. Where do you want to go?" That guy trails behind me. Now he's starting to stalk me. I increased my walk pace... he increased his pace too. I am scared to death. He tried to get hold of my luggage but I guess I was holding it too tightly that he cannot take it away from me.

 

"No... No... I... Got to go... Em.." I declined his offer. I don't really know what word came our from my mouth. I don't speak good English too. This is really hard!

 

"No... I want to help you!" The guy's hand took my luggage away from my hand.

 

"No.. .I said... no.... help! I can.... my bag... lift... by I," I snatched back my luggage from his hand. He's a little bit shocked by my action but I just don't care.

I guess that guy is having a difficulty in understanding what I had just said. Well,.. I speak broken English anyway! I tried to get away from the situation as now we are being the center of attention. This is sure embarrassing.

 

"Taec Yeon Oppa, I'm here!" The guy stopped following me when he hear that voice. Finally, he's not following me anymore. Now, I feel much better although my buttocks hurt, I am happy now that I here in Korea.

 

"So, that guy's name is Taec Yeon." I murmured softly to myself.

 

He's quite good looking though. I took my Korean Language Dictionary and a map from my saddled bag. My eyes wanders around trying to look for an English word that I understand but failed. I tried looking up each of the Korean word inside the dictionary but I don't seems to get the correct translation. Korean words are very difficult to translate.

Now, how am I going to find the place in which I will be staying if I can't even find which way I should go to. My Korean friend, Eun Hye said she had prepared a place for me to stay in but if this thing happens---I don't think I will be able to find that place.

"Huh!.." I sigh loudly.

Eun Hye and I met in college and we have been best friend ever since. She studied at my country but go back home to Korea whenever there's a break. According to her, the place in which I will be staying belong to her cousin's family.

For your information, I was all alone here. Only Eun Hye knew that I went to this place... Not even my parents know that I am here. Suits me right! Who asked me to board the plane to come to this place in the first place... and now I ends up not knowing where to go in a foreign place.

But, this won't stop me. I have a mission and I am going to accomplish it no matter what happened..

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________