Chapter 7

Listen to my heart

You walked around Taekwoon’s room. You took the chance that he and his family are downstairs and got into his room. You still couldn’t figure out the reason behind the danger threatening his life. You opened one of the drawers and found a diary. You knew Taekwoon kept a diary but you haven’t read through it in a while. You took it out and started reading the entries from a couple of months ago:

 

“Dear diary, Soyeon is not as nice as I thought she was. I don’t know what to do..

I like her but less than I used to. I have a feeling that she is seeing someone else… ”

“Dear diary, why am I so pathetic? Soyeon is indeed seeing someone else.. What have I done to deserve this? Why can’t I have a normal relationship with someone who appreciates me?”

You remembered the day Soyeon broke up with him and called him pathetic before kicking him outside. You felt sorry for him. He is a very nice boy and deserves the best, but things haven’t been going smoothly for him.  

You continued:

“Dear diary, Wonshik says I kick like a girl. He should know better now that I kicked him in the guts. I guess he wouldn’t want to play with me again. It’s his fault for getting on my nerves.. silly boy”

“Dear diary, Wonshik doesn’t hate me. Why is he nice to me?”

“Dear diary, Wonshik has a cute little sister. He warned me not to try and approach her, but I never said I would. She’s too young and I am not ready to go through this now. He is very silly.”

 

You skipped through a couple of normal pages.

Ah~ yes. Here you go:

“Dear diary, a weird girl came to the café today. She’s cute and likes books, but she says funny things. I wonder what she's really like?”

You blushed as you remembered your stupid sentence “I came here to try you…” Well, at least he thought it was funny.

“Dear diary, this girl is really something. She saved Naeun from getting robbed and hurt herself! How can someone be so selfless, especially to people they don’t know?”

“Dear diary, I think I like this girl. I want to get to know her better but I’m not sure if she would want to. I am glad I suggested the “free coffee for a week” thing!”

 

You skipped a couple more pages.

“Dear diary, I’ve just noticed that [Y/N]’s scrape is gone.. It wasn’t deep or anything but it’s totally gone! Not even a faint mark or anything.. that’s weird..”

You paused. You totally forgot about the scrape so you didn’t think about it when you transformed the next day. Of course it was gone!  

 

You skipped again.

“Dear diary, I confessed to [Y/N] and she said she liked me too! I want to make her happy and I really hope this works.”

You smiled to yourself. He is indeed the sweetest, ever.

“Dear diary, it’s been a while since I first met [Y/N] and she knows all my family members. But, she didn’t tell me much about her family and won’t let me walk her home.. I am worried. I don’t know why but I have a weird feeling about this..”

“Dear diary, [Y/N] is really sweet, but she still won’t allow me to walk her home. Is she embarrassed about being seen with me? Does she live alone and lied about moving here with her family? I don’t care if she lived alone or whatever but I want to know the truth..”

 

You definitely have to find a solution for this dilemma, you thought to yourself. You heard footsteps and changed forms immediately. You forgot to put the diary back! You cursed yourself as you saw Taekwoon open the door and enter his room. At first he didn’t notice the diary but then he paused while staring at it. He stormed downstairs.

- WHO OPENED MY DIARY?

You have never seen him this angry before. The guy who usually whispers things is yelling so loudly and you couldn’t believe your eyes, or ears. His diary was very private to him and he hated his private matters to be exposed to whoever it was. 

His sisters confirmed that they haven’t been to his room without his permission and denied that they even knew he kept a diary.

- Who opened it then? He asked. I found it on my bed and that’s not where I usually keep it. Someone’s been to my room without my permission.

- Maybe you took it out and forgot to put it back again.

- I didn’t. He almost yelled.

- Taekwoon. Your sisters said they didn’t, so stop yelling at them. His mother interfered.

He took a deep breath and turned back to his room.

- Who could it be? He started talking to himself. He suddenly paused, stared at the diary and then put it back in its place.

You were dying to know what was going on in his mind but you failed. He wouldn’t say a word and he apparently forgot all about it by the time you changed and dropped by the café.

You entered the café and he received you with a smile. You saluted his family and he reached for your hand and held it in his. You blushed and squealed internally at his PDA but didn't say a word. 

His eldest sister addressed both of you:

- Can you guys go to the supermarket and buy me some stuff?

- I’ll go later. Taekwoon said.

- Can’t you go now? You can hang out with [Y/N] and come back with my stuff? What do you think? She asked you.  

You looked at Taekwoon and then at his sister.

- Do you want to go shopping? He asked you.

- Yes, why not? I have nothing else to do.

- Ok. Give me the list and the money. We’ll go now. He addressed his sister.

He grabbed the list from his sister and she winked at you. You knew she suggested this to give you more time to spend together. You were thankful so you nodded in her direction.

- We’re not taking the car. The supermarket is close and there isn’t much to buy, is that ok with you? I mean, we’ll have to walk and we’ll have to carry the bags back to the café.

- Yeah sure, that’s totally fine.

You walked silently next to him. He was busy checking the list when he caught you staring at him.

- What? Is there something on my face? He said as he wiped his nose and cheeks.

You giggled: No, there isn’t anything on your face.

- What is it then? 

- Nothing. You said. 

- If you say so. 

 

You didn’t know what made you stare at him like this. He wasn’t the most handsome boy you’ve ever seen but he definitely was the most attractive. His beautiful eye-smile, his puffy cheeks and his soft lips. The proportions of his face were simply perfect.  

 

You arrived at the supermarket so he got a cart and gave you the list and asked you to check the stuff he puts in the cart. It took him 20 minutes to get all the stuff needed. When you checked the last item on the list you asked him if that was it and if you should head to the cashier but he said he had one last thing to buy. He stood in front of the ice cream section and picked two strawberry flavored popsicles.

- Do you like strawberry? 

- I don’t know.

- What do you mean you don’t know? Haven’t you tried it before?

You shook your head.

- How is that even possible?

YOU’RE SUCH A DUMMY.

- I am allergic. You said quickly.

He looked at you and then chose a different flavor.

You swallowed hard. You didn’t know if he believed you this time since he already had many things to suspect.  

He smiled as he put the two popsicles in the cart. He chose a peach flavor for you and a strawberry flavor for himself.

- Now we're ready to go. 

You internally sighed in relief.

 

He paid for the stuff and carried the bags himself. You asked to help him but he won't let you. He handed you your popsicle and asked you to open his for him. You opened it and handed it to him. You opened yours and cautiously brought it closer to your mouth. You watched him as he his and imitated him. It tasted cold yet sweet. 

 

This is going to be my second favorite earthling food, you thought to yourself. 

 

You arrived at the café a few minutes later. He dropped the bags as his phone started ringing.

- Wonshikah~

He hung up a minute later and then addressed you:

- My friends are asking me to go out with them. I’m really sorry but I haven’t seen them in a while and one of them is traveling tomorrow.

- That’s totally fine. You smiled at him.

He pecked you on the lips and you blushed. His sister was looking in your direction and started laughing at your reaction. This was the first time he ever kissed you and you were in complete shock that he felt worried about it.

- Does that make you feel uncomfortable?

You looked at him.

- No. I just felt.. I am just.. I didn’t expect it.

He looked embarrassed so you said:

- It’s totally fine. I.. I actually liked it. You said as you averted your eyes away from him.

- I’ll take you home and then meet my friends. Is that ok?

You had a plan ready for a moment like this.

- Sure. Let’s go.

He held your hand and you both left the café heading to your “home.”

You decided to let him take you home this time. You’ll take him in the direction of the building with the bakery, just like you told his mother. But, you’ll say goodbye to him at the entrance of the building.

- My mom doesn’t feel well these days and she said she isn’t ready to meet you until she fully recovers. I really want you to meet her but with her current condition it’ll be a burden for her to meet you and I don’t want to cause any trouble for both of you.

- Is this why you never let me take you home?

- Yes. She’s slowly recovering but she had some bad days and I didn’t want to make things worse.

- That’s ok. I’d be glad to meet her whenever she feels comfortable doing so.

 

You thanked him for being so understanding. He gave you another peck on the lips and headed home. You waved at him and pretended to go upstairs only to leave as an angel as soon as he left.

-------------------------------- 

Enjoy ^^