eight

eventually yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were muted ever since stepping inside the car. No word, no particular move, nothing, they were thinking of nothing. They were too scared to react until the curiosity won, the youngest couldn’t handle anymore. The sight she saw was too strange and she needed to know if she wasn’t the only one who thought so.

She nudged the visual. “Eonni,” almost whispering, she called Naeun.

“I don’t know either,” Naeun said, seemingly knowing the question already. Her voice was low, was out of energy, picturing her shocked mind.

Hayoung puckered her lips and not giving up. “Do you think they’re dating?”

Naeun shook her head weakly. “I don’t know maknae-ya.”

“What do you think, Hayoungie?” just being as curious as maknae, Namjoo responded.

Hayoung sighed. She shook her head. “I’m not sure. But it doesn’t make sense,” she said, following her eonnies walking through the basement.

“Eunji eonni and G-Dragon sunbaenim together … I just don’t understand why …” Naeun followed the topic.

“I don’t know that eonni knows GD sunbaenim. I don’t think she even listens to his song,” Namjoo added. “This is really strange. Just strange … this is crazy …”

The elevator dinged open, the five Apink members stepped in. The three members kept wondering, while the rest two remained silent.

“But they were holding hand. This just …”

“… doesn’t make sense. I said it, eonni.”

“True, why they did it then?”

“Eonni do you remember how sunbaenim looked at Ji eonni?”

“Oh. And he said ‘sorry for the late.’ Does that mean they …”

“… planning to meet?”

“I cannot come up with anything.”

“Or maybe, without us knowing they’re secretly …”

“Enough!” Chorong gritted her teeth. She was furious, her voice had proved it. Obviously, they knew the reason. Yet they couldn’t stop their own desire, they wanted to know, they needed to know. The question was too obvious even though the answer kept hidden. And no one could blame them for being curious.

“Whatever happens between them we have to stop it,” the leader said coldly, scaring the kids. Her eyes locked on the elevator door, wishing it would open anytime soon.

“Why?”

Cold, the question sounded so cold. And it was Yoon Bomi, who didn’t sound usual. She was though aware of what she was doing now. It was a stupid question, yet at least she believed it wasn’t wrong. Bomi obviously disagreed to what her leader said. She might have remained silent since leaving SBS. Yet she wouldn’t care even if her first word was a danger for the rest. It did scare the youngsters more. Together they held their breath, not even dare to move their eyes.

Chorong turned around. Glaring at the second older. “Why?” her tone was strong, as strong as her glare.

“Yes, why eonni? Why we should stop them?” Bomi’s gaze was determined.

“You know the answer already,” Chorong softened her voice.

The elevator dinged again, slowly opening. Chorong was the first one who stepped out, leaving the members two steps away.

“No, I don’t know the reason.”

“Eonni …” Hayoung pulled Bomi’s jacket slowly, giving her a sign to not provoking the eldest.

Chorong stopped. Frozen briefly, she then turned around after. Her glare remained.

“Why we have to stop them eonni?” and Bomi just worsened things. “I don’t see anything wrong between them.”

“Eonni … let’s get inside first, jaebal …” Hayoung pulled Bomi’s arm, in hush voice, dragging her passing the leader whose eyes described her anger. Naeun silently followed behind.

Namjoo remained, walking reluctantly toward her leader. “Let’s go eonni, people might see us …” she said softly, carefully while gripping her arm.

Chorong shoved her member’s hand. She walked fast, too fast that she could pass the rest. Furious, she unlocked their apartment sloppily. Coming inside while holding her groan, she headed to her room.

It was Eunji’s fault. Her messiness was Eunji’s fault. No. Eunji wasn’t at fault. It was that dragon’s fault. He was screwing her team through Eunji. His stupid game was a danger for their group. If only she was stronger than him, she would run to that guy and stopped him by herself. If only her image wasn’t such delicate leader she would already crush him even before he created trouble. They were currently rising, she couldn’t imagine what danger would come because of this.

Everyone had to know this. They had to have their mind straight —that they still had long way to go, that they had to remain long in this industry, that they shouldn’t mess their future by doing something stupid.

“I don’t think it’s stupid,” Bomi said after Chorong came back to them, lecturing them about those rules.

They were now at their living room. The younger stayed quiet while Chorong and Bomi had their gaze battling.

“We’re at our steady place now. And none should screw us. You know this Yoon Bomi!”

“Yes, I’m aware of that eonni. But I don’t think Eunji is doing anything stupid just like you said.”

“You defending her because you’re close to her. What she’s doing now has possibility to screw us, to break our career. Also, it’s G-Dragon, Bbom. He’s a diva, a star, a player. What do you think he’s doing now with Eunji?! I’m sure he’s just playing around with her!”

“Eonni …,” Bomi lowered her voice, didn’t completely expect her leader would say something like that, “… do you realize you sound selfish now?” her stare getting stronger, “maybe, I don’t know what she’s doing now, but do you even know? Eunji is not stupid, eonni. Yes, because I’m close to her, I know this. She will use her brain and I believe she’s not a selfish girl, she won’t let anyone screw her life, screw our future.”

“What is your problem, really?”

Chorong frowned, believing she was mishearing. But she wasn’t —because Yoon Bomi looked determined, —because Yoon Bomi glared at her, —because Yoon Bomi also had the same frown.

She heaved, “I can handle you guys having relationship with anyone. Yes. But I can, never, if it’s Bigbang. Why? Because we will never be able handle their fame. Why? Because they are people’s King, and we’re only fairy. Why? Because fairy loving the King is never accepted. Why? Because fairy can die! And I don’t want we die just because that damn king!”

Chorong raised her voice for each ‘why.’ Her younger members held their breath for each ‘because.’ And Park Chorong did realize this. She was furious, and she didn’t plan to hide it.

A very thin smile curled on Bomi’s lips, the sad one. Chorong’s theory was actually true. And she admitted it herself. But it didn’t mean that she would follow that path. Her group was always a priority, yes she believed on this too. But still, judging her best friend that way was definitely unacceptable.

“I still don’t understand how you come up with that theory eonni …” Bomi continued, “… we don’t even know what they are. And we both, no, we all, none of us even know what future will tell. How you’ve been this sure that their relationship —whatever it is, can harm us? ”

Bomi got up, been provoked, “I say this because I respect you, and I think you have to correct your statement, eonni. Ask her explanation first before naming she’s wrong.”

Bomi walked, planni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter