fifteen

eventually yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I like you, Eunji,” he said, so honest, so clear that she couldn’t feel anything but his voice. It’s said with sincerity and affected her heartbeat. It fastened its rhythm that she thought something was not right. It’s not supposed to be like that.

Song Mino. He’s new to her. A man she only knew recently. Seeing him this close, she could now notice how sharp his eye brows, how straight his nose, how dark his eyes, how thick his bottom lips. He’s simply an art. Beautiful as a man. Not only that, he’s kind, so kind to her. She needed to solve this riddle, recalling some memories of him being all shy, all awkward, all blushing when she’s around. Was it the reason?

“I know I shouldn’t do this,” he continued, bravely staring at her and Eunji was still recovering. “I am sorry, Eunji. I should have started it with the confession, but I guess my body betrayed me,” a thin smile was created through his lips.

At this state, her heartbeat hadn’t turned normal yet. And her mind was still trying.

“You … are so kind. And beautiful, and nice, and your smile leaves me flattered, always. Since the first we met, at that after concert, your smile never leaves my head.”

A tiny chuckle escaped, the blushing one, “I know I sound strange … mian. But hey, can you …,” his eyes ditched hers for a second. A hesitation visited. But he refused to lose as he gazed back at her, “… say something?” he finished.

“I …,” it was automatically. But nothing could be followed. She’s muted again. This time she felt the need to avoid his eyes.

Strange. This was strange. Her heart reacted over his voice. And she’s surely flattered. The blush on her cheeks could be real evidence. And it’s not hard to be affected by his sincerity. But what was this? Strange. There was something missing. A big hole. A mistake.

“I’m sorry, Mino …,” her voice sounded weak. She had no gut to raise her gaze. It’s a mistake. It’s not supposed to be. And she felt bad.

Silence came next, filling the air between them. Enveloping their mind to rethink. Right. It’s been expected, he knew. It’s not surprising. But why it still felt hurt? His heart was ached for something expected. He pressed a thin smile, a weak one. Admitting his lost. Maybe it’s a mistake for being too rush, too greedy. He should have been waiting, patiently. Yet he ditched that thought and now he lost his change.

 

His gaze rose, meeting his best friend’s. “Do you think she’ll hate me?” Mino spoke. Seungyoon didn’t answer, and continued staring at him. Nothing he could know. He was as clueless as him. But it wasn’t what on his mind. Kang Seungyoon was actually flustered, for many reasons. Everything was too fast.

“Do you know Jiyong hyung acts strange?” he said instead.

Mino sighed, he’s ignored.

“So, you hate me?”

“Mwo?”

“For kissing your best friend?” he continued.

Seungyoon looked at him again, confused, “don’t be silly. No!” he smiled, “of course, not. I would hate you if you hurt her,” he finished.

“But … Jiyong hyung is strange …”

“Him?”

“Mm … and I don’t feel right about it … He was angry … and I still don’t get it.”

“What are you talking about? You angered him?”

“No, you did.”

Flustered, his eye brow lifted. “What did I do?”

“You kissed her.”

What his best friend said was too confusing. Not making any sense. His brain was trying to connect each word but it met nothing. “What do you mean?”

“He was angry, so angry when he knew you kissed Eunji. I don’t even understand why he’s like that, but Mino … something is strange and I don’t like it …”

“Seriously talk!”

“Ish. I, accidently, told Seungri hyung that you kissed her. I was flustered, and surprised when you called me. Seungri hyung was just next to me. And so was Jiyong hyung, when he heard that, he turned strange, getting angry, furious even. And it’s all not making any sense.”

True, it did sound non-sense at all. What happened to that Sunbae? What reason he had to be angry? Did he think what Mino did was reckless? It sounded more reliable. But then Seungyoon shook his head.

“I don’t think he’s angry because of that.” He’s frowning, trying to think. “He acted somewhat like Eunji’s … ish, I don’t like this word …”

“You mean there is something between them?” Mino helped.

“And I certainly hate that theory.”

“Are they … dating?”

“Ah! Molla!”

“Yah! Think! Do you think they’re dating?”

“I don’t know. It doesn’t make sense.”

“It doesn’t make sense at all.”

“But he was so angry, he kicked the door. Why he was like that then?”

“Maybe he … likes Eunji?”

Frustrated, Seungyoon groaned, surely disagreed to this theory. Everything seemed dull. And his head too. He’s more concerned of whatever happened between Kwon Jiyong and Jung Eunji than to the fact that Mino just kissed his dearest best friend. There was uneasy feeling lingered, he was somewhat afraid. Kwon Jiyong might be one of the kindest seniors, but, talking about his relationship to women, Seungyoon was never sure. That Sunbae had rumors, a lot, and none of it sounded good.

“What should I do, Mino?”

“I don’t know … what should I do?”

____

Her step was stopped when she saw two familiar persons standing in front of her dorm’s door. Her leader’s hand was on the doorknob, sending her back to the male. The surrounding air didn’t seem nice. And it definitely didn’t look good. She was about to break the tense until she heard him speaking.

“You don’t have any idea how bad I want to answer that question.” What question? She took one step closer. “Do you even know this?” He’s disappointed, she could point it out. What was the question, really? His voice told h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter