one

eventually yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night was getting darker, light was getting brighter, and the amount of shout couldn’t be stopped. Men and women screamed out loud, sang from their lung, showed to the world how huge YG power was. In the ocean of YG stans Jung Eunji was in complete hesitance whether it was a right thing to be here, whether it was a stupid decision to meet him, whether he would greet her the same way as the drunken him once did.

_____

One day – today, Jung Eunji stupidly had a stupid idea to be here, to greet him, to meet that guy even though she had none idea how to process that stupid plan. And here she was, head down covered by her navy hoodie, eyes glued into the white floor, feeling afraid if anyone recognized her. She was anxiously walking back and forth next to the entrance door of the back stage where staff and cru of YG concert walked in and out, thank goodness they were too busy to even realize her presence.

Inside her brain Eunji was debating whether meeting him or not, giving at least a short greeting or just leaving him with a simple text. To be honest, it was indeed an odd idea for her. Yet another thought of getting ‘you’re here?’ from him was keeping her to stay, and she felt utterly stupid for being this flattered.

“Eun .. Eunji?”

And it wasn’t his voice. Eunji freeze on her feet. It wasn’t him and she didn’t know who the owner of that voice was. Wait, she knew that voice, it sounded quite familiar. She turned around to get a long lost friend walking towards her standing.

The leader of YG hot rookie group smiled too wide for his own good. “Hey, long time no see!” he said friendly with a short hug.

Her smile plastered once they faced each other, “long time no see, Seungyoon sunbae-nim!” she made sure to put extra tone into the word sunabenim.

“Okay, stop it! I shouldn’t have told you that” and they shared loud chuckle for it, letting the busy people took a second to stare at them. The two then covered their mouth fast and grinned apologizing to the passing people.

Some of them looked taken aback by her presence, well, she had expected it though. Yet a sudden grip on her arm disturbed her attention and she looked back into her friend. “Come, let’s take some picture with my group,” he abruptly held her arm as if it wasn’t a weird thing. No, it was weird actually or at least for her.

They were once friend before, the close ones. They attended a same music school in Busan, had some rivalry issue at the beginning but due to the same passion in music they ended up being good friend. But it was an old story. And compared to what he was doing right now, it counted as odd thing. They had never done something like this before. She wondered where he learnt being this touchy to her. He didn’t even ask her permission to drag her inside the hallway.

“I don’t know that you’re an YG stan?”

Of course it looked weird, the confused and startled look from the staff and the passing people who recognized her was too obvious. Even Seungyoon also considered it as a weird occasion. She was a member of lovely girl group Apink, and the image of fairy girl came to YG Family Concert was somehow couldn’t be accepted as normal as it could be.

“Well, you know that I love music, and yeah, your awesome management is famous for taking care of such good music, right?” she was faking her real intention, and Seungyoon gladly fell for it as he nodded agreeing.

“And … are you waiting for someone? Why you’re standing there alone?”

“Seungyoon oppa!”

Eunji was not ready to answer his question, obviously, yet the loud shout had saved her. They both turned around to get the famous adorable YG sibling standing about ten feet from them.

The cute Lee Suhyun widened her eyes as she caught Eunji’s presence, of course, and her brother was no different, obviously. They were still in their Alice in Wonderland costume, just like what Eunji remembered as their attire from the concert.

“Annyong hassaeyo, we’re Akdong Musician,” Lee Chanhyuk led his sister to present their usual greeting which Eunji reciprocated immediately with a bow.

Seungyoon proudly introduced her as his Busan friend which the youngest cooing.

“Are the two of you really just friends? Nothing more?” Suhyun said with a sly smirk. And she got her brother support with a strong nod.

“I smell something fishy, hyung!”

Eunji then laughed, giving her friend a mock chuckle, “please, even if he’s the latest guy in the world”

“You’re so mean Jung Eunji-ssi,” the man shook his head in faked disappointment.

“So you expecting something more between us? Oh, I never knew this, Kang Seungyoon-ssi”

And again these people shared loud laugh except Seungyoon who faked sulking. He recovered fast though. They then shared pictures together. And after they bid goodbye Seungyoon brought Eunji back to the hallway, heading to Winner dressing room.

They had been continuously talking, sharing things they missed and getting curious stare from the staff and the cru who passed the hallway. Before getting into artist quarter, they met Minzy and Sandara of 2ne1, and again Seungyoon proudly introduced her as his bestie and he got another mock from the three girls including Eunji.

They almost reached Winner’s room, and apparently the rest members were in front of the door. It was funny though, being an artist couldn’t stop from being amazed by those shining guys. Her smile thinly formed. She was about to meet the hottest rookie of the year. It would be amazing, she thought. They maybe were a new face, but their fame was no joke, with the hot debut they made and all-kill chart they gained, it was understandable that she stuck in sudden awe.

“Guys!”

“Oh, where have you been?! You haven’t changed, have you?” a guy in thick and strong brows scolded his leader, barely cought the visitor beside him, “stylist noona is looking for you, you should…”

“Oh, annyong hassaeyo!” someone eventually caught her peculiar presence, and it was the tallest member among them. Eunji and Seunghoon then shared a bow before the other members did the same, leaving Song Mino startled in his feet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter