eleven

eventually yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her smile plastered long, showing the white line of her teeth and the feeling behind. Standing in the side of hallway her gaze was fixated on the big screen on the wall which showing the live recording and him dancing around like a crazy. To think about it, seeing him in the live screen was quite seldom, and how crazy he was on stage reminded her that G-Dragon was indeed a true crazy.

He brushed his arms back and forth to the air, amusing though, recalling that she was inside his arms just a moment ago. It used to show her the warmth of his touch yet now it shined dignity. It was currently ruling the stadium, along with his shout, along with his music.

“Hey,” a soft and familiar voice greeted her.

She looked up to the taller with the similar smile. “Hey, you did really good tonight, Mino-ssi,”

“Thanks, you too,” she didn’t notice but he was slightly blushing, “what you’re doing here?”

“I just returned from toilet,” yeah, she knew it was a lie.

Mino nodded lightly next to her, again being stuck with topic. He didn’t even expect he would meet her here in the middle of his break. Of course he didn’t complain, she looked utterly cute tonight, especially in this Santa dress and lovely ponytail.

The silence remained as she returned to the screen, watching Jiyong’s remaining performance, and so did Mino, he followed her gaze and found GD and Taeyang on their last minute song. She was maybe too focused to the screen that she didn’t listen to what Mino just accidently said.

He regretted it, really, he shouldn’t have said that, but he did it already, no chance to take back his words, he thought. But then, he realized there wasn’t any response, so he gazed at her and it was when he found something on her eyes. He wasn’t sure what it was, but it somehow hurt him.

Both GD and Taeyang had disappeared from the screen, though still her smile remained.

“Eunji-ya?”

She then had reason to leave the screen, her eyes gazed at him, “yes, Mino-ssi?”

“Can you stop calling me ‘Mino-ssi’? I thought we’ve been close enough,” this, he repeated his sentence. This time though, his voice didn’t sound like usual. He was determined, yes, there was a deep message from his voice, and she could see it. It wasn’t a mere proposal of getting rid of the formality, it wasn’t. He meant it. Their eyes locked on each other, she was confused about what his true intention, yet had no gut to ask farther.

“… or, maybe, are you uncomfortable being near me?”

“No, of course it’s not. Don’t be ridiculous! I would like to be close to everyone, especially to my friend’s friend.”

Friend’s friend. Technically it was true, but it didn’t sound nice to him, he wished he had misheard.

It silenced him, feeling a little bit down. Though thankfully, she caught it.

“Did I just do something … bad?”

“Oh?” he was taken aback. “No, no. It’s not. I just … I really want to be your friend.”

“Ey, we’re friend already. Why would you say that?”

It was said so casual from her lips, however it was enough to lift her lips up, inviting a cheerful smile on his face. “So, drop the ‘Mino-ssi’ things?”

She nodded eagerly.

“And the formality too?”

“Yes, sir!” she made a short salute. And he laughed.

“Good.”

Oh my, from his beaming smile people could tell he was too obvious, while sadly she was so oblivious. They though looked satisfied to the new term they had just agreed. It was just right, she thought, they should have done that before, why she even doing stupid this long time. She had just learnt, without her knowing she had stupidly drawn line between them. If only she realized it much before.

Of course it disappointed him, she could tell from his previous expression, and she would like to pay it back. So, she let her sincere smile remained, beaming in front of him, she might have no idea but that smile was strong enough to fasten his heartbeat.

“Eunji-ya?” yes, he was motivated, and he earned an earnest ‘um?’ for that. “What you’re going to do … after this?”

Literally the question had no special meaning, it seemed merely a normal question, though his eyes, his voice intentionally put a meaning behind the sentence. And she could see it. It sounded like the beginning of a familiar invitation, like ‘do you want to go somewhere?’ or ‘let’s grab something’ or anything similar. If it was her besties she would reply back easily, anything the answer would be. But it was new, Mino, he was technically a new acquaintance, and she couldn’t grabs the real intention. And she couldn’t understand, even when she’s trying.

“Back to home, take a rest, I would guess.”

Startled, they both turned around. An unexpected voice had interrupted, standing right behind them Jiyong innocently put his warm smile.

“It’s the most normal answer, Mino.” He gazed the taller, and he didn’t stop just like that. “Why did you even ask?”

“J-jiyong hyu-ng?”

Just like suddenly losing voice, Mino stuttered, and Jiyong could see this youngster’s cheeks flushed lightly. Seeing Mino in this state it somewhat didn’t seem new for Jiyong, he found something similar in the past. He though wasn’t curious, so it’s just left behind. His petite smirk remained, now gaze went to the shortest, and his smile automatically changed when it met her eyes, it became softer, wishing he would gain the same one.

“Stop scaring your hoobaes, Ji,” another voice joined them, and knowing who owned it his petite smile reformed into a weak smirk.

Damn it! He cursed without anyone notice.

“So, who is this, Mino-ya?” standing next to Jiyong, Taeyang asked, pretending to be curious.

The air became suddenly awkward and cold, the youngsters could tell. Eunji still tried to manage herself adjusting to the situation, she found it’s quite difficult to escape from this circle. She was flustered, yet flattered before, she really wanted to reciprocate Jiyong’s warm smile, though then she couldn’t manage it, afraid it would be shown. And Taeyang’s surprise visit startled her the most, there was something in his voice that made her uncomfortable, yet she couldn’t tell. Mino himself was actually out of guard, being stuttered was the normal response, but then seeing Eunji didn’t seemed comfortable he tried to save her. “This, this is Apink Eunji, hyung. And Eunji-ya, as you know these are Bigbang G-Dragon and Taeyang.”

With his signature smile Taeyang was the first one who shook her hand, Eunji naturally bowed. “So, this is the famous Jung Eunji?”

“Ye?”

“It seems like everyone knows you,” he continued, “Seungri knows you, Seungyoon too, and Mino as well. Do you know her too, Jiyong-ah?” and he just earned a heavy sigh from his leader.

“And it seems like you’re the one who scares her, Bae,” Jiyong said. Gaze met his best friend’s, though his glare was only replied by a tiny smirk.

“Am I?” innocently Taeyang replied, “am I scaring you Eunji-ssi?”

“N-no, of course not, Sunbaenim,” she tried to put her smile.

It wasn’t understandable, this situation. It was awkward a moment ago, but then it strangely turned intense even when she couldn’t know why. Again there was something behind Taeyang voice that as if putting her in very uncomfortable state, and she wished she could understand what it was.

“See?” Taeyang continued.

Another sigh flew from Jiyong, and he did make a glare. Now, none of them oblivious of the strange situation, even Mino. There was something hidden, he could see that from Taeyang and Jiyong interaction. And it related to Eunji, even when it sounded impossible.

“Ji!”

Both Jiyong and Eunji turned around, assuming being called. There, Bomi marched into their direction, she was in rush a second ago, however her expression changed once she noticed the guys next to her best friend. Bomi stopped a moment, anyone could tell she was startled, though then she continued walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter