The Unspoken Retentions

[DISCONTINUED] Boyfriend Coffee House

 

Half an hour to 8, it was almost time for Boyfriend’s Special Scout Performance at the Boyfriend Coffee Shop. Boyfriend already getting ready by changing to their stage outfits came down from the changing room from the second floor to the first floor. Kanna was waiting anxiously for them. She smiled to see the sight of her favourite boy-group.

“Goodluck with your performance today,” she said.

“Kamsamnida noona,” said Minwoo behalf of the others.

“Will you be watching us?” asked Jeongmin.

“Sure,” she said. Then she thought a while, her eyes diverted to the floor then to Boyfriend again. “Before that, may I go upstairs? There’s something Junmei asked me to get for her. She told me she left something in the changing room.”

The Boyfriend was surprised.

“Sure,” replied Donghyun.

With Donghyun’s approval, Kanna quickly went to the upper floor while Boyfriend went to front of the café to get ready for the big night. Kanna as she got upstairs, she stopped, opened her bag to retrieve a thick envelope in her bag pack which contained photos; lots and lots of photos.

“They say a photo tells a thousand words. With these photos, how many words will tell Boyfriend?” Kanna let out a small laughter of vengeance.

X3

[[Chapter 9 – The Unspoken Retentions.]]

X3

Minhyuk sent Junmei to her house. By the time they arrived, it was already night time. Minhyuk gave a warming smile at Junmei who was oblivious all the way home. She didn’t disturb him by asking what happened at coffee shop which he thought it was better kept secret until another day. Junmei turned to Minhyuk and thanked him for accompanying her for the day.

“Oppa, gomawo. I’m sorry for what happened at the café.”

‘Uh oh…’ So much for keeping it for later. “No worries, that waiter was acting weird anyway.”

“He is weird,” said Junmei.

“You talk as if you know him well.”

Junmei gave Minhyuk a long silence look. He figured much and remembered how anxious Junmei all this while when they entered the Boyfriend coffee house.

“You know them, don’t you?”

“I work there,” she simply answered.

“Explains much. Then, my apologies for bringing you there,” he bowed apologetic to Junmei.

Junmei was stunned. She wasn’t sure herself whether she should accept his apology or decline. She wasn’t feel that bad about being brought to Boyfriend Café at the same time, her heart told her she was awfully nervous to be there. All she could say, “It’s OK.”

Minhyuk returned to his normal position and looked at the more composed Junmei and thought she was different. “You’ve changed.”

“Huh?”

He caressed her cheeked, cupping it with his big warm hand. “That tough girl was rough and indifferent now has turned into a much more shining with honesty and sincerity. I missed all that… And I bet that ‘guy’ knows better than I do,” he finishes his last line very carefully. He saw how confused Junmei was and was ready to let her go. “It’s OK. You’ll understand… I’ll be going now…”

Junmei watched as Minhyuk left until he was out of sight into the night. Junmei slowly crept into her dark sullen house. Only a dim light was seen shining out her living room.

“Omma?” she called.

“Junmei ah… You’re home already?” her mom replied giving space for her to sit beside her on the sofa. It was seen albums and more albums of family photos were opened.

Junmei picked up an already out of place photo of their whole family 6 years back, “Omma, what is this?”

Her mother sensed a little discomfort in her daughter’s words as she asked. “Junmei ah, is it wrong for a wife to miss her late husband? Is it wrong… for a mother to remember her daughter(s)?”

Junmei just smiled – a smile not worth of bit sincerity. She knew; her mother knew how much she despised her older sister Meina. Back when she was only 13, her sister was 18. Oh the old good times when childhood was still blissful! She was the nerd; her sister was the queenka. How irritating to always been compared to her sister. She wasn’t as smart, as talented… as beautiful… But the only thing Junmei was proud of, other would praise her of her hard work. Even though sisters…

“You were always so different with your sister Meina,” said Junmei’s mom.

“Omma, you make it sound I’m not real daughter,” she said it bluntly. That earned her a smack on the thigh. “OUCH!”

“Don’t say that. Of cause you are my REAL daughter. But Meina ah… I’m sorry, she has so much attention than you; things you didn’t have before.”

“HUSH omma, I’m content with what I have now. Just knowing you and appa loved me and taken care of me up until now, I’m happy to be in this family,” she said. Then her mother gave a kiss on the forehead. Junmei smiled and saw her mom got up and went upstairs to sleep leaving her alone in the dim-lighten room.

The photos and photo albums were still a mess. Typical of her mom to leave things around after taken them out. As a child she knew of her mother’s habits and have to take care of it. Undeniably, she couldn’t ignore most of the photos of her sister during childhood up till her teens. Even during graduation…

‘I’ve caught up to this time when you disappear unni… But unlike you, I will never disappear from this family. I guess that makes two things we’re not alike of each other.’

 

X3

 

X3

 

5 years ago…

“Congratulations!” everyone cheered.

On the day of Meina’s graduation day, Junmei and her family attended her graduation ceremony to celebrate her end of highschool years. Junmei sighed in so deeply. She lost count how many times she had sighed watching her typical popular sister.

“Meina-shii? Is that your sister? She’s soo nerdy…”

Junmei couldn’t help but to hear that eventhough he whispered so closely to her sister and she couldn’t help to hear the reply her sister gave which wasn’t so pleasant to hear as well. ‘Shrug it off Junmei… Just shrug it off!’ she thought.

“Junmei ah! Join your sister and take a photo together,” ordered her omma.

“Alright.” Back then, she just abide everything related to her sister without resisting eventhough she disliked Meina so much.

“Junmei ah… Thanks for coming today,” said Meina.

“I must, musn’t I?”

“Just because we’re family, you don’t have to force yourself to like me,” she said sarcastically.

“What to do? My sister is a queenka.”

“You so don’t like the attention, do you lil’ sis?”

“Nope.”

“Having all the same abilities: Academically smart, athletic, a true-born leader…”

“I highly doubt that…”

“Not to mention attractive…”

Hump… ‘Me attractive? Or is it just you?’

“If only you throw away your fake thick glasses and grow out your hair, you might get several guys to actually like you.”

“Like that guy you talked to earlier? Eww… So not my type. Why don’t you date him instead?”

Meina pulled Junmei tighter into a hug for the photo-shoot, “Because I don’t date ordinary guys. I date men.”

Weird sister…’

“Just between us lil’ sis… I’m gonna get myself a star.”

“Huh? What’s that supposed to mean?”

CLICK! A photo was taken. Meina with her so natural smile showing her pearly whites but Junmei was utterly looked confused. With that, Meina let Junmei go and Junmei ruffled her hair out of discomfort.

“DON’t GET TOO CLOSE TO GUY. Especially to those types I dislike,” said Junmei to Meina.

“You know I won’t lil’ sis,” she turned to her annoyed lil’ sister and continued, “You know what he told me? You look nerdy, uncute… So out casted to be my sister…”

“Sorry to burst the reality of life for the royal material of the school then,” replied Junmei sarcastically with arms crossed her chest.

“He thought how different you and I were… but we are more alike than other may look at it.”

“We are… sisters after all,” said Junmei swallowing her saliva hearing Meina’s almost nicest confession of the day. Meina almost giggled and Junmei caught that. “But don’t get me wrong! I’m not all like you! You K-pop loving freak!”

“OH ~ K-pop loving freak you say? Hmm… Now that reminds me… My favourite band is going to perform a live concert Seoul stadium tonight! I need to tell appa!”

‘Aishh! She just finished school; graduation and she wants to go to a concert? Aigoo yah!’ Junmei fisted her had into another holding in her rage.

It wasn’t the music she hated but mostly because she grew up with it. Her dad being a composer and her sister’s never-ending fandom of almost every K-pop sensation never gave her room to talk about anything else. She once wished to be born somewhere else than Korea before so that she wouldn’t have to be tolerating this. Listening to her appa’s music was fine enough… It was the good way of treating music to her but her sister; she saw it in a different way.

Junmei couldn’t understand her fandom. She couldn’t be in her world. Everyday, she brought her friends over to her room and never come out. She shared the same room with her so it turned out a bother for her when that happens. She developed a strong sense of independence afterwards since she was the only their parents could rely on for help around the house. At night, what she couldn’t handle the most…

Every night, Junmei sat at her bed getting a few more maths problems done when… Meina will always get off the phone after talking to a friend at school and…

Meina looked at her hard-working little sister and quickly animate herself beside Junmei with an excited expression. Junmei, annoyed at first since Meina was looking hopelessly innocent watching her said, “Junmei ah~ Did you know?”

“What?”

“Hmm…”

The conversation was the same every night to her. Meina will indulge her with all sorts of stories of K-pop and make her compare which male idol is more handsome than the other. Comparing their looks: their eyes, their jawlines, their built bodies, their legs? Junmei cannot stand it! Of cause there were times Meina would ask her to listen to her new music track on her Mp3 player to ask her own personal opinion. Junmei was so amazed, that every week her sister will come up to her with a different list of songs and she would sing her favourite song to her. It wasn’t Meina’s voice was terrible but her ability to memorize so many songs within a week which made her estranged with her. Where did she find the time to revise her books and music at the same time?!

“Tsk tsk Junmei ah… Memorizing lyrics is the same as learning language. Memorizing your Idol’s birthdates and background training is the same as learning history. Memorizing the idols names and how many in the group or people in the company is just like maths. I’m like killing two birds with one stone. What’s so difficult?” with that, Meina pinched Junmei’s cheek lightly leaving her with her undone maths work.

Meina forgot to take her Idol’s huge poster left on her bed. “What’s so great about K-pop Idols anyway?” That was the bad side of loving music to Junmei sees in Meina. Making more and more people obsess with the idols rather than the music produced. That’s why she told herself to not involve herself more into her sister’s world, EVER! She doesn’t want to be another obsessed music lover like her sister who will compare which guys are better than the rest, which girl-group portrays the best fashion trend. NEVER!

Forever she will be ruled by her own self.

 

One day… Opening her history books, Junmei was frustrated having to summarize three whole chapters byb the end of the month to sit for history test which will cover them. She stood up, sat down and stood up again. The television was on, which she ignored was playing a song by SS501, Love Like This. She took a close peek at Kim Hyun Joong’s dancing moves and slowly moved her feet to the rhythm. Another song played was Super Junior’s, It’s You song and she moved forward and back just like them which startled her parents’ who were watching her dance unconsciously to the music with her textbook in front of her.

Meina just made herself inside the house didn’t take a glance of her parent’s odd behaviour hiding from Junmei just entered the living room and saved the effort by sitting on the sofa and switched the channel. Junmei’s movements stopped when she noticed something changed. She then noticed Meina was finally back. “Unni, when were you back?”

“Huh? Just now… What? Were you listening to that?” she pointed at the television.

“Ani… I wasn’t… but…”

“Never mind then! Sorry to burst your bubble, I’m gonna go up a take a shower and sleep.”

“Unni! Unni!”

“Bwoh!? Can’t you see I am tired?” she grunted.

Junmei was shocked with the anger in Meina’s voice she projected. Of cause she understand she was tired from coming back from the most awaited concert she wanted to go but there was the unpleasant emotion within it.

“Look, I have stuff to do. Could you do your homework quietly and don’t disturb me tonight?”

Junmei’s expression was torn. Meina was usually alright to answer any of Junmei’s inquiries no matter of the situation or silly the inquiry might be. This was so unusual. She needs to check up on her. Outside of the room, just between the wooden door and herself, Junmei could hear Meina’s raged voice. She was talking on the phone, she guessed.

“Yes! I can’t believe what he did?! How could he say such a thing! I thought he loved me! ONLY ME!”

Junmei was surprise. Who was he?

“I DON’T CARE even if it’s just another scandal the reporters say but to actually make a confession live on stage? I won’t forgive him this time… He has made me suffer just too much this time. After the entire wait I made for him. I Love Him… He even proposed to me…” her voice turned sadder.

Proposed?

Junmei’s expression turned shocked. If her sister was proposed to, and by the sounds of her sister’s conversation, it would most likely seem that Meina is already engaged. Does their parents know? The sound of the door knob opened and Junmei was pulled into the room with covered with a big hand.

“Junmei ah… You don’t say a word. Or I’ll kill you…”

Junmei’s eyes widen. Was she serious?

“Because you’re my sister, I won’t.” Meina released her hand which covered Junmei’s mouth. Awkward silence filled the room.

Junmei shivering still, asked, “So are you really? Are you unni? Engaged?”

Meina wasn’t even the slightest nervous when her little sister mentioned the engagement. “It’s a secret OK? Not just from omma and appa but from the whole world. He told me to keep it a secret.”

“Who is he?” asked Junmei.

“I wish I can tell you…”

“NO NO NO! Unni can’t be engaged! Not to him! Anyone but him! I hate him!”

Meina quickly held raging Junmei from stomping and screaming around in the room. “Junmei ah! Don’t scream! They’ll hear you! Please…” Meina settled her sister beside her. “You don’t even know him.”

“I HATE YOU KIM MEI NA! How could you? With a K-pop Idol on top of everything!”

Meina shrugged with Junmei’s harsh coffession and had to make a confession herself to her. “You know how much I dedicate myself to K-pop right? I love it; all of it!”

“No… Not even him… Please… I…”

“I’m whole heartedly in love with him Junmei.”

SLAP! Junmei whacked her sister’s cheek. Meina was shocked, speechless toward Junmei’s reaction.

“I’m never talking to you ever again.”

Junmei ran out of the door; slamming the bedroom door leaving Meina stunned, palming her red painful cheek. Meina started to become teary.

 

The next day, Meina wasn’t found in their bedroom anymore. Her belongings were missing and her clothes were lesser. The first thought which came to the family – Ran away! Junmei was asked first for her disappearance simply replied she didn’t know for she slept in the living room doing her homework from the day before. Her dad lodged a report and asked the neighbours for help. But nobody knew of her last.

A week went by, Junmei’s mother couldn’t stop crying missing Meina; hope was decreasing. Junmei scanned through channels on the television – skipping fast through Entertainment channels and News. Her Omma scolded her for skipping news hoping to hear anything from it about Meina. Like some ordinary girl would get news highlights. News, just another channel where K-pop Idols get headlines as well was the reason she would hang around too long to listen.

Junmei cleared her drawers just to find an oddly neat book. A polaroid fell out and she picked it up. She saw it was her sister Meina smiling at the guy beside her. The guy showed them holding hands during a winter’s night. Probably a date. Underneath the Polaroid was some space for the words, it said: “My Boyfriend.” She flipped to the back of the Polaroid to see her sister’s name with the guy’s name. “Meina + Hyunseung” for eternity.

“So his name is Hyunseung? That name is…” Junmei has long forgotten it.

X3

 

X3

After a long night at the Boyfriend coffee shop’s special performance by Boyfriend. After the short fan-meeting the show ended and the scouts watching their performance they were satisfied. Manager Jung brought them inside and signed a contract with their producer that they will together make a brand new single together. With this, Boyfriend’s image will rise again. Manager Jung invited the scouts to the top floor of their café to enjoy a cup of coffee or two and have a little talk while the boys sorts things out at the ground floor.

“Hyung! We finally signed a contract! FINALLY!” cheered Jeongmin. The other cheered too.

Donghyun was so happy that he pulled Hyunseong under his arm and rubbed his head to roughly he didn’t noticed he hurt him. “That’s right Jeongmin ah! Hyunseong see that? We’re saved!!!”

Hyunseong taking the joke applied to him could laugh and cheer as well. He was absolutely happy as well. “Jinjja nee? I can’t believe this is really happening! We’re finally going to get our comeback!”

“YAY! COMEBACK! COMEBACK!” cheered the twins. “Minwoo ah!!!”

Minwoo was too excited but still acting coolly was at the bar whipping three espressos for the scouts and the manager. “It’s a celebration alright! But guests are still guests. Kwangmin ah, Youngmin ah! Help me bring this to Manager Jung and the scouts. We must thank them tonight.”

“Oh yes, that’s right. Good Minwoon goon. Good,” said the unreliable leader Donghyun.

The six happy boys made their way to the second floor to find the manager and the scouts was still standing; wasn’t sitting or talking as they expected they would at their usual hang out. When they tried to see what’s holding them back, their eyes widen to see a great big mess!

Their hang out was filled with photos, polaroids and simple notes with markings on them. Each free member picked up what was lying around. They couldn’t ignore the big words tainted the place by white pain spray saying: YOU BETRAYERS. BOYFRIEND IS ALL A LIE!

Donghyun picked up a photo, it was a photo of a girl smiling at a piano.

Jeongmin held a different photo, the same girl in Donghyun’s photo was holding all three albums of Boyfriend’s singles which were released in 2011. “Is this a girl we know of? She has our albums.”

Minwoo who has put down the cup of espresso picked up notes which look like pages of a diary. He tried to make out what had been written on them but it was difficult since they were ripped to pieces as if it was intended for the them to read half of the message contained. “Today, I saw them on Mnet today.” “Daebak!” “I can’t hold my anxiety anymore…” “I’m going to see ______ at Busan’s fan-meeting. I can’t wait!”

Jeongmin read another note, “He gave him my present now, next is my heart. Woah! This is one of a fan here! Who is this girl?”

Donghyun looked at Hyunseong who was silenced all this time didn’t dare to say a thing. He saw the obvious change of reaction from his light and excited mood just now turned into this quiet and pessimistic person he was right now. “Hyunseong…?”

Hyunseong looked at the girl in the photo and walked further into the middle of their hangout to see more of the photos. She knelt down where the others were very curious to what he was doing.

“What is Hyunseong-shii doing?” asked the scout to the manager.

“I don’t know,” Manager Jung replied shortly and turned to Donghyun and whispered, “Do something Donghyun-shii. Hyunseong is acting weirdly.”

Donghyun couldn’t do much but to do as the manager asked him to and went up to Hyunseong, kneeling beside him to see through his point of view since Hyunseong seemed pained through his eyes.

“Hyunseong, gwenchana?” he asked putting a hand up his shoulder.

No reply, but Hyunseong was trembling. Shaking with fear.

“Hyunseong ah! Gwenchana?” Donghyun saw it in his eyes. Hyunseong was crying. His tears were overflowing; no signs of stopping. The other members of Boyfriend quickly went to him as they sensed something went wrong between the two hyungs.

“Hyunseong! Hyunseong hyung!” they all called but he never replied their calls.

As soon the members brought Hyunseong downstairs, the two scouts reassumed their unfinished business with Manager Jung.

“Are you sure, Shim Hyunseong is going to be all right?”

“I’m sure this is nothing. Just a slight shock.”

“You didn’t answer the question Manager Jung. Is Shim Hyunseong, going to be all right under these circumstances? Under these circumstances, from what we’ve seen, he’s not ready.”

Manager Jung bit his lip.

Hyunseong downstairs was put at a long chair to lay down to cool off his head or whatever. The members still doesn’t understand what happened. Donghyun asked the twins to get a clean towel and bowl of water; Minwoo voluntary went to the kitchen to get Hyunseong a glass of drinking water. That leaves Jeoongmin and Donghyun to help Hyunseong.

“Hyunseong hyung, gwenchana? What happened to you?” asked Jeongmin.

Hyunseong’s eyes were shut but was breathing really heavy because of the still-flowing tears from his eyes. He couldn’t say at first. He mouthed something; but nothing at all.

But then… “I –I … I’m no –not… dead… Am I?”

Donghyun and Jeongmin were surprised with what came out of Hyunseong’s mouth. When the maknaes came back to them with everything given task to them, they also heard what Hyunseong had to say but it wasn’t clear since it wasn’t in proper sentences.

“She… Her… I don’t… I remember… This… That day… 4 months ago… BLOOD!!!” Hyunseong let out a shriek so loud it startled them all.

The Boyfriend members had to cover their ears. Donghyun finally remember a time where Hyunseong was like this as well. For a short time 4 months ago, he saw Hyunseong’s agony. He wanted to comfort him someone said he souldn’t get involved and asked Hyunseong about it. But since it has happened again, he needs to ask here and now.

“Hyunseong ah… Tell me what happened?”

Hyunseong opened his eyes and turned his head to Donghyun. It was easy to get Hyunseong to listen to Donghyun the most since he was his hyung but to get him to tell about what has happened might be tricky.

“Calm down Hyunseong… Whatever is bothering you, I understand… It’s painful. It’s more painful for all of us to see you this way. We’ve been holding back for so long to ask you but for the sake of your happiness, we kept quiet. Does this have to do with anything 4 months ago?”

“He did mention about blood,” whispered Youngmin to Kwangmin.

“I heard there was an accident,” replied Kwangmin to his twin.

“HUSH,” said Minwoo nudging the twins.

“If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be here anymore… I won’t be breathing… To sing… To smile… She loves my voice, my shy expression the most, she said… Park Hye Ri …” Hyunseong gave the photo he was holding to Donghyun.

Donghyun flipped over the photo to see a photo of the girl who Hyunseong called Hyeri was with him. Hyunseong was in one of those similar stage uniforms during their single hits’ by that time, Don’t Touch My Girl. She had her one arm wrapped around Hyunseong and doing a peace sign. Both were equally happy. Donghyun wanted to ask further but Hyunseong looked so tired as if he was ready to shut his eyes and go to sleep. He patted his head and told the other members to ease.

The Manager bid the scouts farewell and checked up on Donghyun.

“How is Hyunseong?” he asked.

Donghyun showed Manager Jung the photo, “You knew right – this girl? She has something to do with our reputation as Boyfriend.”

Manager Jung starred at Donghyun and the other members who came closer to them. They couldn’t help but to feel curious but all emotions were down that night after Hyunseong’s break down.

“Everyone… Hyunseong was caught up in accident but this girl… She saved Hyunseong’s life by taking the hit. She suffered a lot from the accident and was admitted to the hospital soon after.”

“She seems like a very important person to Hyunseong,” said Minwoo.

“Are you sure she’s not just a fan of his?” asked Jeongmin.

“I have to admit she’s a very special fan to Hyunseong. It’s very rare for Idols such as you guys, especially rookies to get a close-up with their fans but this girl… She had it all – the money; the connections to the Music companies. I guess she used that to get a hold of Boyfriend to get close with Hyunseong.”

“But Park-shii, she’s still an ordinary teenager! I’m sure the management shouldn’t allow such attachment to happen!” said Donghyun. “Shouldn’t be you-“

“I did the best I can!” said Manager Jung. “Like I said, she had influences and she misused it. And for Hyunseong, he couldn’t push her away a fan like her. You would know the rest… They became close friends and all…”

“But…”

“You know how fans do… They would do anything to get a hold of their favourite Idols. She was bullied, discriminated, even worse attacked… Hyunseong tried helping her but he couldn’t do much. You know how he is among the 6 members of Boyfriend. He’s too nice…” with that, Manager ended his explaination and went to get their van to go home.

The Boyfriend members were lost dead in silence.

“Hyunseong hyung, was too nice… He couldn’t say no. He could never stop it…” said Minwoo who was about to cry. He could understand by being in his hyung’s shoes.

Kwangmin saw Minwoo was about to cry held him. Youngmin was surprised at the both of them but what to do, he was sad as well. He held his twin’s arm instead.

Donghyun slammed his fist onto the counter, frustrated. “Isn’t there anything we can do?”

Jeongmin cannot think positive at a time like this a looked back at the place where Hyunseong was sleeping. It seem quiet… Too quiet. “Hyung?”

Jeongmin went to Hyunseong’s seat to find him missing.

 

The dark night drowned Junmei into her dreams, remembering her family’s lost. Soon after Meina went missing, she could only assume she ran away to find her fiancé but was too scared to admit it so soon. She doesn’t want to get her parents’ hopes up and if it were true, this would scar the Korean Entertainment industry. But wait! Why does she care of it? Oh yea… Maybe it’s just another way to punish her sister anyway and let her live either way she wants. Junmei was clear of Meina once and for all. She wasn’t ready to face her. But it has been 6 years! Soon after Meina’s disappearance, Junmei’s father passed away because of sickness; the depression made his condition worsen. After his death, Junmei was blaming herself whether it was her fault for being a bad child to her parents but she hated her! HATED HER SO MUCH!

The rattling of the trees became louder, the wind blowing so hard. The locked front door was banging back and forth making Junmei sleep uneasy. The door banging became louder; knocking sounds were heard. The longer… the louder they became which Junmei couldn’t ignore anymore. She had to answer it.

Junmei peeked through the unclear window of the door to see the person but it was too dark to be sure… But slowly she unlocked the door and opened the door to see a tall male figure standing at her front door. He was still in casuals without a coat around him making him hugging himself tightly shivering.

Junmei was utterly surprise since it was past midnight and a person such as him will be coming this late to her house! “Hyunseong…?”

Hyunseong saw Junmei’s surprised face ignored it and in an instant hugged her… So tightly, stepping into the house, without taking off his shoes.

“What took you so long?” asked Hyunseong still holding Junmei.

Junmei who didn’t flinched but let Hyunseong hold her could feel his cold stiff body wondered how long has he been in the cold. ‘Did he came from the Boyfriend café? Alone???’

“Hyunseong ah…”

“Junmei! I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… But please let me stay with you.”

“But Hyunseong… What about Donghyun… and the rest? Where are they?”

“Why does it matter?!”

Junmei stayed quiet. Hyunseong was being rude as ever.

“I just want to be here with you. Only you…” he finally inched the distance between the both of them as Junmei can clearly see Hyunseong’s swollen eyes. His small eyes were more squinted than before.

She palmed his face softly. “What happened to you?” She could feel a teardrop fell down his cheek into her hand and could tell he was crying. “Don’t cry. Boys don’t cry…”

Hyunseong then also used both of his hand to cup Junmei’s cheeks to wipe Junmei’s face. “Keep that to yourself. You shouldn’t be crying too…”

‘Huh? Was I crying? But why…?’

“Pabo me, I came at the wrong time.”

“Pabo Hyunseong. This is not the time or even the place for you to come. There’s nothing I could do for you brickhead,” said Junmei.

“You can…”

“Bwoh, Hyunseong ah?”

“Be my Bestfriend…”

What? What? What? Aigoo Hyunseong… Is so unpredictable…

 

Or just crazy…

 

To Be Continued… Ppyong!