The Deceiving Eyes the Twins Hide

[DISCONTINUED] Boyfriend Coffee House

 

A/N: I don’t usually start my story with titles but warning, angst chapter. Sorry Bestfriends. Youngmin and Kwangmin chapter I guess. Hope you’ll enjoy another long chapter.

 

X3

[[Chapter 12 – The Deceiving Eyes that the Twins Hide.]]

X3

 

Hyunseong and Donghyun returned to the dance practice room to catch up with maknaes. They were also expecting that Jeongmin by that time had already returned to the company as well but their hopes were set too high. He wasn’t back yet but… As the two hyungs of the group saw the twins not talking to each other even sitting in an oddly manner; close to each other but the sense they were like total stranger was there.

“What is this?” Donghyun asked generally.

The maknaes just shrugged, hearing the question and pretending not to know. All were silent and ignoring each other. After a while, Jeongmin and Junmei entered the practice room.

“I’m back!!!” announced Jeongmin loudly in his cheerful voice as usually.

The two hyungs both grabbed Jeongmin by his shoulders and rubbed his head heard; giving playful punches onto the 18 year old singer of Boyfriend. Minwoo already stood up and also the twins. Junmei smiled towards the playful trio not realizing how cold the maknaes were looking at them.

“What is this then? Are you so happy you get to have a day out is it?” asked Youngmin coldly.

Jeongmin gave a wave to his dongsaeng. He always liked Youngmin. “Youngmin ah! You can’t believe what we’ve done today,” he said putting one arm around Youngmin.

“Oh! Jolly,” Youngmin’s expression was emotionless.

Jeongmin quickly realizing through the tone Youngmin expressed let out a faking cough. Then Kwangmin interrupted.

“Yah hyung! Do you know how much we worried?” he asked.

“Neomu mianhe. Sorry for not telling everyone, even Donghyun hyung.”

Donghyun gave a sceptical look with both arms crossed around his chest.

“Ahh… Are they mad at me? This is going to be hard to ask for an apology,” thought Jeongmin scratching the back of his head.

Then Junmei took a step forward backing Jeongmin up and explained on his behalf. “Please go easy on Jeongmin. He has been a big help to me today. I found a great sound; an idea for your new single. I’m really grateful towards him.”

“Junmei hyung…”

“But it was really dangerous for you to be going out, you know that Jeongmin? What if you were caught? Who was there to save you? Could Junmei do so by himself?” asked Donghyun in a strictly. He lectured Jeongmin as there was ever an end. It was at least expected.

“Don’t EVEN try to walk about on your own outside again!” added Hyunseong.

Even though that warning was because behalf of the worry of the members, his voice was trembling. Junmei wondered why.

“Mianhe…” said Jeongmin again with his head hung low. “Ah hey! Did you know? Junmei hyung is really a good singer. When we were passing a street performance, we put a great show by volunteering ourselves to sing. Who expected this guy could actually sing! Daebak!”

This put Junmei’s cheek into a faint pink colour. All thought it was cute of her to blush except for one.

Suddenly, Youngmin walked up to Jeongmin and grabbed him by the collar of his coat, gripping tightly until Jeongmin looked as if struggling to catch his breath. Being the shortest among the six and Youngmin was the tallest, definitely he was struggling. Was he chocking? What the heck was Youngmin doing to his hyung?!

“Youngmin ah!” shouted Junmei grabbing hold onto his hands trying to pull loose of his grip but she was out matched. Youngmin was stronger.

“Hyung!” Kwangmin tried pulling him away by the shoulder but Youngmin pushed him away by a single shrug.

“I TOLD YOU KWANGMIN! Stay outta’ my way!” he growled.

The members all shocked tried to put sense into Youngmin but all he does was ignoring him and selfishly held onto his own pride and ego. Nobody understood what was going through his mind. He was just too pissed off with Jeongmin for spending the whole day with Junmei. He was mad, jealous and worried of his position as a singer. Hearing he got a chance to sing in public with Junmei just added the fuel to the fire.

“Youngmin! Just stop this!” said Donghyun pleddingly.

He was still not listening. Jeongmin was almost up his limit.

“Youngmin… Please I beg you, stop this instant! Don’t hurt Jeongmin! Please don’t hurt him…” pled Junmei with teary eyes. She saw how suffocated Jeongmin was; his pale face, his almost worn and painful eyes squinting towards Youngmin’s powerful grip. His was too afraid to even speak. She held Youngmin’s hands softer. “Please Youngmin… Let go…”

“Junmei hyung…” Youngmin thought… Slowly his hands let go. “Amazing… A girl… Is still a girl…”

Jeongmin who was free from 10 minutes of suffocation was dropped onto the floor on his knees. Even through struggling, it was as if all his energy has drained from him. He panted too hard; he tried to catch his breath. Minwoo and Donghyun quickly assisted Jeongmin and each carried him up with putting Jeongmin’s arms around their shoulders.

“I’ll go to van first, clear up this mess. I mean it!” said Donghyun leaving the rest.

Kwangmin still stood in shock still quivered to his hyung’s action. He told him to stay out of it and with that he became more afraid what to do with him.

Youngmin was stilled stunned in the same position slowly lift his head trying to recover what he just did opened his mouth, “Junmei hyu-“

SLAP!! A hand hit hard over Youngmin’s left cheek leaving a read mark.

“Pabo Youngmin! Did you realize what you were doing? Even if you were hurt or jealous over Jeongmin that’s no reason to chock your hyung to death! You spoilt brat! Get a grip of yourself, think of what you did wrong and ask for Jeongmin’s forgiveness. Don’t ever talk to me until you do what I say,” said Junmei chocking the words from . Her eyes still filled with tears.

“I’m sorry,” said Youngmin.

“Not to me. Jeongmin; not me.”

With that, Junmei walked away from them. Hyunseong went way with her leaving Youngmin with Kwangmin. There was an awfully long silence. Youngmin cupped his hurting cheek remember vividly the single smack he was given. It made a lot sense that Junmei had every right to be mad. A chuckle left Youngmin.

“What a terrible twin I am. But what not? It’s clearer to me now Junmei doesn’t see me as I am now…”

Kwangmin eyes became wider. What was his twin thinking about has become a big mystery to him. He was slowly… Slowly losing him.

 

Hyunseong ran to catch up to Junmei who was walking so fast to the exit. When he caught up to her, he tightens his grip in her shoulder and spun her around to face him. As expected, she was crying. Was she always like this? Had he ever saw her crying; this was the second for him but the first for Junmei to cry in front of him. She was trying to run from everyone, hiding her blurry eyes.

“Leave me alone Hyunseong!” said Junmei angry.

“Before that…” said Hyunseong pulling something out from his pocket. Something white… Tissue.

Junmei sniffled. “Do you always bring tissue around? What a girl.”

“Stop being sarcastic and wipe yourself,” he said lending the tissue but Junmei wasn’t reacting to his somewhat called ‘gift’. “Aishh… Do you want me to be the good guy and wipe your nose for you?”

Junmei pouted. In times like these, he was still going on with his jokes which never made her laughed or any better. So she took the tissue roughly and blew her runny nose. She damped the other corner of the dry tissue for her eyes.

Hyunseong took her by surprised when he wipe clear of her tears with his thumbs, gently. “Aigoo… You are able to cry this much for Jeongmin? You must’ve cared so much.”

“What else was I supposed to do?” she replied.

“Hmm… Whatever it is. Don’t ever cry again, especially in front of Jeongmin now. I can tell he likes you a lot too. You two did have a date.” He teased.

“Yah!” Junmei childishly hit Hyunseong’s left side as hard as she could. Then she noticed how close they were and slowly took a step back. Pretending to clear , she said, “Don’t be too kind. It makes you look stupid.”

“Bwoh?” asked Hyunseong pretending not to hear.

Tch.Junmei went rolling her eyes irritated. “Pabo ya?”

Hyunseong just more by ignoring her insults. “Walk out of here with a smile OK? Don’t let people think that we have mistreated you. That would damage our image.”

Junmei was taken aback by his words. “I thought I was always been mistreated by you since the first time we met! Don’t act innocent.”

“Huh? Yah! Kim Junmei… Y –you!” he pointed but quickly laughed and skipped her way out of Starship Entertainment.

She playfully smiled and wave back to him signalling she was going to be OK. But what he didn’t know, Junmei was hurting so much keeping it all away.

It was supposed to be a wonderful memory today but Youngmin had to ruin it for her and Jeongmin. Youngmin screamed, tightening the grip onto Jeongmijn and fiercely eyes all scared her for Youngmin had always had a happy and charming smile. What made her wonder why Youngmin act so out of character today? Even Kwangmin looked awfully clueless towards the scene. Did Kwangmin just avoid contact with Youngmin. Indeed he did. Youngmin did mention between the duel of his ego hitting Jeongmin unwillingly, he didn’t like the idea Jeongmin having the chance getting close to her. He also showed fear Junmei couldn’t comprehend. He said that, “I won’t let you be lead! I can beat you at this game. I’ll prove my worth through singing as well!”

“Was singing all that Youngmin wanted? What does that have to do with Jeongmin?” then she realized to check through her music scripts again. Opening her plastic folder, she scanned though her music sheets and realized something was missing. A few music sheets were definitely missing. Checking again, she originally had three songs with her to the company but now there were two composed songs with her. She only guessed one was missing but she couldn’t put her finger on it…

She took a deep sigh in… “What a problematic day it’s today. AH!!”

X3

 

X3

Since the fight or misunderstanding between Youngmin and Jeongmin, Youngmin who would always smile and laugh is now the solitary and quiet person with everyone, even his twin Kwangmin. Kwangmin who tried to talk with his older twin lost to his silence. Youngmin avoid every attempt he used to get close to him which was very noticeable by the others. But when anyone tries to ask what’s wrong with either both of the twins, nobody dares to ask; especially with Youngmin looking silently fierce and Kwangmin painful eyes.

Meanwhile, Junmei since then also hasn’t returned to Starship Entertainment to work on her song composition. Manager Jung just reported to boys when they asked, she insisted working at coffee shop instead, which made things a lot depressing.

The boys were busily practicing their vocals in the music room given by their vocal instructor.

“OK. Take five. Everyone is doing great even after a long rest.”

The six boys release some sighs. Sweat buds were also visible on their foreheads. Singing is also as hard as dancing. Since their instructor said they were doing better, Donghyun bravely spoke up.

“Teacher, I think we can stop here for today.”

“Oh Donghyun ah… Wae? Tired already?” he asked.

Donghyun smiled slyly at his dongsaengs receiving the same reply. So the vocal instructor understood the situation.

“I got it then. OK, you all may leave home to rest,” he said and that made the boys cheer and high fived each other. “But, Youngmin needs to stay. I have more to say with him.”

Youngmin who was quiet in his seat lifted his head a bit with cunning eyes eyed the instructor. He had a bad feeling about this. Kwangmin looked at his twin. He had a bad feeling for him.

“How long has it been since I last talked to him? Andwae!!!” thought Kwangmin in agony. He was very restless the whole week.

Except for Youngmin, all the boys exited the music room and headed to the lounge. Jeongmin was with Minwoo getting something to eat from the vending machine; Donghyun was with Hyunseong looking awfully suspicious starring at the company’s front door. Kwangmin shook his head looking at his hyungs with hand on his hips. He dropped himself on mini sofa in the lounge and was about to drift into dreamland until his hyung’s conversation caught his interest.

“What are going to do about Youngmin?” asked Hyunseong.

“How’s Jeongmin handling things? You have talked to him, haven’t you? You two are pretty close,” replied the leader.

Hyunseong crossed his arms. “I have but… Jeongmin doesn’t mind much. You know he is. He’ll be fine as long the team is fine but since Youngmin is acting up this way, even his jolliness has faded away.”

Donghyun agreed. “Now what are we supposed to do? Junmei-ssi is still working on the songs. According to Minwoo, she’s preparing the duet song for the twins and your solo song.”

“I’m still confused about one thing though. Why is Youngmin still mad at Jeongmin for stealing his spotlight? Obviously he’s going to get some for his new song?”

“Now that you mentioned it, what is Youngmin really mad about?”

Kwangmin stood up and walked away out of the company without anyone noticing. “Why exactly?”

 

Flashback…

Youngmin and Kwangmin had some good time together for just to two of them at the Coffee House while they were still working there just a few weeks after knowing Junmei’s true identity. They both accepted her part of the team and wasn’t bothered the slightest about her gender. Kwangmin was really cool being around her while Youngmin was shy and it was highly noticeable by Kwangmin. For a start, Youngmin always liked all the girl he ever met and Junmei was no different.

Even though, everyone tried to treat Junmei as a ‘guy’ so she won’t feel uncomfortable with Boyfriend, only Youngmin who was highly conscious; every caring and worried about her. Only because of his shyness, no one barely knew and he would only tell Kwangmin how much he can do for her.

“Kwangmin ah…”

“Yes Youngmin?”

“Do you like Junmei hyung?” he asked.

Kwangmin flinched. Why on earth his twin would ask him this sort of question. He smacked his twin’s shoulder teasingly. “Yah… You’re crazy? She’s our hyung… Like I would. Why? Do you like her? Here I thought you like younger girls.”

“Aniyo!” Youngmin continued wiping the windows nervously. Kwangmin saw his twin bit his lip.

“I don’t mind having an older-sister-in-law anyways.”

“YAH!” Youngmin threw the dirty cloth at Kwangmin’s face angrily. His face was flushed. “I’m not in love with Junmei.”

“Arasso arasso! I’m just joking OK? Aigoo… My twin is blushing…” Kwangmin pinched his cheek playfully.

Youngmin just smacked his hand away. His still growled when Kwangmin was smiling cheekily.

“I –I just think that… I feel I want to be there to support her. I want to be at her side for once and get to know her better. Don’t you?”

Kwangmin looked up to his blonde twin. His tried to look through him through his sad-looking eyes.

“Donghyun hyung always seem to know how to cover up for her. Same for Hyunseong hyung. Minwoo saved Junmei the other day when she had a really bad cold. Jeongmin is like Junmei’s bestfriend. What are we then to her?”

Kwangmin stood up and put both his hands on his twin’s shoulders creating some sort of walls beside him and gave him sincere smile. “Are you bothered just because of that? Silly Youngmin. Since Junmei came, all your charisma and confident has left you like that, has it? I’m sure Junmei hyung sees us as someone important too. We’re like friends now… Boyfriend and Junmei… Even more, family…”

Youngmin raised an eyebrow, “Seriously Kwangmin…?”

“U-huh. What’s more, it’s not about the things we give to each other to prove each other’s worth…”

“Then, what is?”

“You have to figure that one for yourself…”

“You actually made that up didn’t you Kwangmin? You and your 4D mind…”

Kwangmin just giggled at his twin’s sharpness. At times he hoped he was serious about what he said so that Youngmin too could treat him seriously as well.

End of flashback…

 

Kwangmin hurriedly made his way over to the Coffee Shop where he received quite a number of surprised fan-girls gasping and squealing as he arrived. He ignored the excited fans, his eyes roamed around the café searching for Junmei but she wasn’t in sight. He went to the counter to ask one of the waiters where she was. He was told that she was on her break on the rooftop, in their hangout area. So Kwangmin rushed to the specific place to find Junmei, was sitting on the edge with a guitar in her hands. He saw quite a number of music sheets on the wooden bench she was sitting on; pencils and a table sharpener… a wastebasket nearby looked full.

“How long was Junmei hyung working on our music?” thought Kwangmin closing the space between them. He walked towards her quietly not making a sound.

Junmei took another sip of her coffee and sighed. She scratched her head. Her eyes fluttered lazily looking at the pieces of music sheets she had scribbled. She had developed a habit to look at the music sheets one second and to the sky another second; taking a deep breath in. When things got stressful for her, she strums another random tune on her guitar.

Kwangmin slowly took a seat besides Junmei causing her to slightly jump in her position.

“Kwangmin ah! You startled me,” she said. “We’re you here long?”

“Ani… I just got here,” he said smiling at her.

“Where’s the rest? Are you here alone?”

Kwangmin simply nodded and took a peek at the music sheets she wrote on but Junmei quickly snatched it from him.

“What’s wrong?” asked Kwangmin.

“I’m saving it for the right moment.”

“Ah… It’s a song for us?”

“Half-correct.” Kwangmin tilted his head a little in confusion. Then she added. “A song for a pair of twins.”

Kwangmin understood that answer and smiled wholly. “Youngmin would love it!” he thought. Remembering Youngmin, he remembered why he was there searching for Junmei again. “Hyung! Can I ask of you of something?”

Junmei ignored him and cut between his lines, “How is Youngmin?”

Kwangmin bit his lip. He didn’t expect Junmei to ask so soon. “Fine.”

“Liar,” she simply replied; continued strumming her guitar. “When Kwangmin is talking, he talks endlessly. I know this because; Kwangmin is a very nice person.” She looks up at Kwangmin who has stiffen beside her, bewildered by her bold comment. “Something is wrong, isn’t there?”

Kwangmin lowered his head ashamed of himself. Kwangmin was surprised by Junmei who caught him by surprise, pinched his cheek making his face looked very funny.

“Tell me… What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Please forgive my hyung…”

Junmei eyes blinked. She slowly let go of Kwangmin and calmed herself down to recollect her thoughts why she was evenly uncomfortable discussion this matter. “Kwangmin ah, it’s not about forgiveness I’m not seeing you and the others right now. My work isn’t even the matter right now. Until I’m rid of this contract, I feel responsible keeping every Boyfriend member safe. But seeing what Youngmin has become like the other day, it’s difficult for me to face him, isn’t it?”

“So Junmei hyung was thinking about Youngmin a lot too…”

“Everyone has their ups and downs; Youngmin has to see that. I think I have forgiven him a long time already because I’m partially wrong in this as well. I shouldn’t risk Jeongmin’s image out there.”

“I’m sure it was a misunderstanding hyung…” said Kwangmin. “Please let me talk to Youngmin again. So long as you agree to help me.”

“What’s wrong with your relationship with Youngmin? Are you two fighting as well?”

Kwangmin nervously answered, “Yes.”

Junmei put down her instrument and stood up to Kwangmin’s height and gently took him in her embrace. “There… there… It’s OK for brother’s to fight, even for twins. I’m sorry to make you suffer like this. So what should I do to help you?”

“Taike mhhe tuu Miyeongdunng,” Kwangmin said muffling in Junmei’s shoulder. She hugged him tight enough for Kwangmin to actually choke his breath.

“Bwoh?!” she asked pushing Kwangmin away to get a clear statement from him.

“Let’s go to Myeongdong.”

“Myeongdong?! Yah! Are you crazy? Just because I brought Jeongmin out to Hongdae doesn’t give you the right ask me to take you to Myeongdong! That’s way busier than Hongdae!”

Junmei knew exactly the risks of taking idols to crowded places. If the people there were to attack them without any security, they will sure be a lot of trouble. Especially if it were the Jo twins. They would probably attract more fans than ever in that area!

“Exactly so I have a suggestion.” Kwangmin then lower himself to Junmei’s ear whispering something. After finishing explaining, rather than an OK sign from her, Kwangmin received a punishment; a SMACK on the head. “Ow!!! Aww… C’mon hyung… Please…”

“No way who says Kwangmin!! I would not agree to this. You and Youngmin need to settle your brotherly problems by yourselves.”

With that… Junmei packed all her stuff and exited the hangout area, into the café to resume her work as a waiter. She stomped her way like a furious monstrous bigfoot. One word could only describe her at that time.

“Scary,” monologue Kwangmin to himself. “Thank you for taking care of us hyung but I’m very selfish. Sorry to cause so much trouble Junmei hyung, I have other plans in mind right now.”

 

X3

 

X3

 

Back at the dorm, Boyfriend settled themselves doing their regular activities. Youngmin took the chance to lay in bed. That has been what he usual do almost every day by now after returning from the company. Youngmin took a deep breath in as he reminded himself about what his vocal instructor taught him today. Or was it? He took it as a scolding.

Youngmin recorded his every word reminding him to work harder and harder to perfect his tune and get every note perfect before the next song releases. Something Youngmin wasn’t looking forward to at all. He thinks it wasn’t important to him. He loves singing but that feeling has left him somewhere to the dumps.

Then the vision of Junmei came to his mind. He compared her serious angry eyes with his vocal instructor just to see which one was scarier. There was no point to it. Everytime he thought of Junmei, his heart would pain. Some part of him wants to see her, and the other part just wants to avoid seeing her. He was either feeling happy that Junmei has stopped coming to Starship and Boyfriend wasn’t planning of working at the Coffee Shop anymore but he was having the difficulty of adjusting back and forth the routine they used to always visit the coffee shop and work there. Always smiling and having fun serving the customers. Most of them were his fans; which made him the happiest of all knowing how loved he was.

“I miss those times…” he said under his breath.

Kwangmin entered the room which startled Youngmin making him sitting on his bottom looking straight at his dark-haired twin. “Oh it’s you Kwangmin.”

Kwangmin sat beside him fidgeting, mumbling something as if trying to say something. Youngmin sense his fear of talking; feeling kind of weird because his twins usually likes talking to him. Ah… Maybe because he was too hard on him lately. The treaty between Jeongmin and himself made the relationship between Boyfriend awkward most of the time. Slowly everyone is losing trust in one another.

Donghyun and Hyunseong looks completely taking Jeongmin’s side but also having a little misunderstanding since Jeongmin broke one of their rules of running off away from the team to unsecure area for an idol. Minwoo was unsure. As much as he wants to cover up for his team-mates especially Youngmin who was also the same age as him, he completely hates the fact that it was Youngmin who attacked his hyung. He agrees with Junmei nevertheless for Youngmin to seek forgiveness. As for Kwangmin, he is his twin soo… he was on Youngmin’s side, isn’t he. But he was the one who started to avoid his one and only supporter in the world. How could he do such a thing?

“I’m sorry…” said Youngmin.

“Bwoh?” Kwangmin’s eyes rounded, cannot believe what he just heard.

“I was being egoistic. I’m sorry Kwangmin ah.”

“Youngmin…” Kwangmin hugged his twin. He had much to say to the yellow-haired twin but he can’t hold his happiness when he heard those beautiful words out of his mouth.

“We can talk about anything right?” asked Youngmin.

“Of cause we can, silly hyung.”

They both spurted out a giggle.

“So why did you ripped the music sheets?” asked Kwangmin.

Youngmin frowned back again. “Still asking about that?”

“Of cause! It was important for us!

“Yea yea… How many parts do I get to sing main rapper dearest?”

Kwangmin was shocked by his words. “Youngmin ah… Don’t you really know?”

Youngmin raised an eyebrow… “What? What don’t I know?”

Kwangmin was about to open his mouth and explain, “Ani…” “Only about the part which you actually ripped the music; the song you supposed to sing for our next album… I was so mad at you because of that. Who was mad enough to destroy their own song?”

Kwangmin stood up again thinking. Youngmin couldn’t help to be confused by his 4D personality twin who always ends up acting in his own world. It would take ages to get him back to the normal world and talk normally again; with spoken words actually.

“So Youngmin is saying he doesn’t know there’s a song prepared for him and gets mad at Jeongmin hyung because he was threaten of his position as a vocalist? So Youngmin isn’t actually mad at Jeongmin hyung for spending more time with Junmei? Aigoo~ I was mistaken all along. Youngmin wasn’t jealous.”

“Kwangmin, are you okay?”

Kwangmin turned around to face Youngmin.

“Youngmin,” he said, putting his two hands on the bed like walls beside Youngmin which made his twin fall a little back in surprise.

“Wh –what? Why are you acting like this Kwangmin ah?”

“We can tell each other anything right? Then why were you mad at Jeongmin hyung actually?”

Youngmin gulped, his twin’s eyes looked as it was penetrating his mind or something. He could tell that Kwangmin was trying to get him to answer him truthfully. Youngmin pushed him away and backfires him with all his impatient anger.

“Yah! What’s with the sensitive questions all of a sudden? I thought talking to you would make me feel better but it just gotten worse! You want to know why? Why I’m so mad at Jeongmin hyung? I’ll tell you why! He’s Junmei’s happiness! Junmei smiles so brightly whenever she talks about Jeongmin! Jeongmin! Jeongmin! I saw what Jeongmin did to her…”

 

Flashback…

As Jeongmin was praising Junmei of her talents she showed at Hongdae, initially Jeongmin had already put his arm around Junmei’s should to emphasize the idea of how close they were. No skinship was so close to show. Donghyun kept on questioning at the same time put in some scolding in between Jeongmin’s story about him and Junmei at Hongdae. Minwoo was still sitting quietly at corner, his vision was unclear of his hyungs who were taller than the little maknae he was. Kwangmin jumping up and down, in and out of the brown-haired maknae. Hyunseong on the other hand was cross as he was, didn’t dare to say another word or even looked at the Jeongmin-Junmei pair. That leaves Youngmin to witness what he was only detailed of seeing.

Jeongmin ruffled Junmei’s head so hard that Junmei wanted to hit him but being in Jeongmin’s captive; her head turning to face him, their faces were only centimetres apart. Accidently, Junmei’s and Jeongmin’s lips could have brushed off each other’s. Was that a kiss he saw?!

The two blushed. Jeongmin finally stopped talking; Junmei was found flushing extra pink.

That’s how Youngmin’s anger snapped. Either because he couldn’t stand how happy Jeongmin was enjoying Hongdae, helping Junmei finishing their song; getting her attention in the process or both. But it happened anway.

End of flashback…

 

“Junmei and Jeongmin hyung… kissed?” stuttered Kwangmin.

Youngmin was always tucked away under his blanket covering his body and face to avoid answering the question of his oblivious younger twin. He tried to stay still as possible so he will look as if he was sleeping. Luckily for him, Kwangmin was already quiet, not asking anymore.

Kwangmin’s back hit the wall and he slumped down to the carpet floor of their dorm. Was it merely coincidence nobody didn’t interrupted their conversation in their room? More importantly, was it merely coincidence that Jeongmin had kissed Junmei on that day? Kwangmin was speechless. How was he supposed to react? It was darn freaking kiss for heaven’s sake! Of cause! Now he could understand Youngmin’s reason of being mad.

“Junmei’s first kiss?”“Andwae!!!!”

 

Outside the dorm the other four members, Donghyun, Hyunseong, Minwoo and Jeongmin played Uno cards heard Kwangmin’s loud scream looked towards their bedroom door.

“Hyung! Is Kwangmin alright? I’m worried. I can’t take it no more. We need to see if he’s alright,” said Minwoo ready to get up but Donghyun stopped him.

“Gwenchana yo. As long the twins are talking to each other now, there’s nothing to be worried about. Twins fight once in a while, but doesn’t stop talking to each other for a freaking long time. The aura they emit just by being cold to each other is scarier,” said Donghyun.

Hyunseong put his next card and looked at Jeongmin waiting to continue his turn. He noticed that Jeongmin was day-dreaming; acting odd and weird. He developed a habit Hyunseong noticed; he liked to his lips. At first he ignored it because he thought its Jeongmin’s way of moistening his lips but it’s getting just plain sick and annoying with Jeongmin’s y expression.

“Yah! Jeongmin ah stop doing that,” said Hyunseong.

“Doing what?” asked Jeongmin.

“That?” said Hyunseong demonstrating what Jeongmin did.

Jeongmin just pulled another look of disgust. “I don’t do that,” he simply denied.

“Then why are you so calm? Aren’t you worrying about the twins as much as Minwoo is? Aren’t you bothered anymore about what Youngmin did to you?” asked Hyunseong throwing every single question possible…

“I’m not that type of guy,” said Jeongmin coolly.

“Arasso!” said the other three synchronizing.

Jeongmin hid his laughter by the three’s reaction. His memory played on that same day where he almost kissed Junmei. Their faces just inches away, no way their lips have touched but he could still remember how warm Junmei’s breath touched his cold skin. It’s left him a tingling feeling. So, he would probably understand Youngmin’s action but… He still felt guilty. He didn’t dare to ask Youngmin, was he really mad at him because of that? Another thing, he was guilty of not saying anything about that ‘kiss’ and probably won’t as he knew, besides him, there were others who would love to get what he felt from Junmei.

“Her fist kiss? Interesting…”

 

To be continued…