His Beautiful Smile

[DISCONTINUED] Boyfriend Coffee House

Approximately around afternoon, Kim Junmei was exempted from her work at the Boyfriend Coffee Shop. Manager Jung came to shop and filled in her temporary leave from work for a few days. When asked the reason… “You are going to work part-time composer for Starship for Boyfriend’s up-coming album.” Simple enough he says but Junmei grunted as it means extra work-load for her. She has become more confused whether she was now a worker at the café or for Starship Entertainment. One thing is for sure, she is Boyfriend’s slave.

“I don’t have to do this. This isn’t under my contract,” said Junmei under her breath.

She was in the back seat of the van which was heading to Starship Entertainment. The van driven by Manager Jung overheard her chuckled.

“C’mon, be a sport. You are at least the daughter of the founder of their new song. At least work your best to make your father’s song to his expectation; with that Starship and Boyfriend won’t be too bad performing his song,” said Manager Jung. He peeked through his front mirror to see Junmei still had her arms crossed her chest in a grumpy manner.

“You will be credited for your contributions at least…”

“There’s no need to go that far for me,” said Junmei.

“Well… Just think of your late father OK?”

‘Appa huh? As much I don’t want to get involve. Some things are just unavoidable, aren’t they?’ she thought shrugging it off by ruffling the back of her hair.

Manager Jung smiled at her through the mirror. Soon they arrived in front of the Starship Company and asked Junmei to go to the assigned room he wrote on a piece of note. She also lent her an IPod Nano which confused Junmei.

“What is this for?” she asked.

“I inserted some songs to inspire your work. It also contains songs previously sang by Boyfriend in 2011. You might want to listen to their harmony as well so you have an idea whose roles can suit the music you’ll be producing,” he explained.

“Oh…,” she awed… With that Manager Jung drove away to the parking lot to park Boyfriend’s van. Junmei walked in the Company asking the receptionist where to find the room she was assigned to.

After being told where to go she walked on until she found it, “Practice room 5. Oh well! I’m here already. As well I go in…” To her amusement nobody was inside. She let out a sigh in relief. ‘So this is how a practice room looks like. Do they always practice here?’

She smiled at first and then she yawned. This place seems so quiet and peaceful she feels like sleeping but she remembered what she ought to do, “Oh yea! The music…” She took out the IPod given to her earlier and played whatever track that came first.

The first track played was “You’re My Lady,” the second opening song of Boyfriend’s second single album. Junmei could feel harmonious beat but when the song turned to “Let’s get it started,” she felt so intense. Junmei sat down on the wooden cold floor hugging her knees just keep on listening to more Boyfriend songs. Then she heard Boyfriend’s first single album’s song, “Boyfriend” … Somehow…

“Would you be my girlfriend?” she heard Youngmin’s voice. And the song goes on…

Ojig nan neoui Boyfriend eh eh eh eh
Neomanui Boyfriend eh eh eh eh
Naega neol jikyeojulge neol hangsang akkyeojulge
Ojig neol wihan naega dwae julge

Neon naui Girlfriend eh eh eh eh
Namanui Girlfriend eh eh eh eh
Naman barabwajullae neol wihan byeori doelge
Neo hanamaneul wihan nan neoui Boyfriend

“Everything sounds sooo… childish! And this was their debut song?” said Junmei. ‘But then, I suggested their new single to be called Bestfriend… Why did I even bother suggesting that kind of name?’ “Maybe I’m becoming childish.”

“Would you be my Bestfriend?” Hyunseong’s voice rang in the corridors of her memory.

Junmei gave a long thought that maybe he was the one who influenced her to give such a name. “It’s all his fault I’m acting this way. Pabo brickhead!”  She placed her head between her knees and she could feel her head becoming heavier and further laid her head comfortably on the floor; closing her eyes, drowning herself into Boyfriend’s songs… Maybe she can’t entirely understand them just yet…And the people’s fandom towards them…

The practice room door was opened slowly.

“Junmei…? Junmei ah…”

A voice calling her; then six boys entered the room as they noticed nobody was answering but saw Junmei sleeping soundly. They closed up to her sleeping figure, quietly not to disturb her.

“She looks so sound asleep,” said the baby face Minwoo.

“Minwoo goon, careful not to wake her up,” said Donghyun.

“Arasso,” said Minwoo.

The twins crept carefully to her other side and sat in a same position as Minwoo. Barely off the floor.

“Junmei hyung looks so carefree,” said Kwangmin.

Youngmin could only gasp silently to her sleeping expression. ‘Hyung really looks like a girl while sleeping.’

Hyunseong crossed his arms. “Is she sleeping with her IPod on?”

Jeongmin rushed to Junmei’s side, pushing Minwoo aside causing Minwoo to flinch back.

“Hyung! What are you doing?” asked Minwoo.

Jeongmin was laying on his side doing a y pose; a Boyfriend does to look over her girlfriend sort of way. He smiled, giggling watching Junmei sleeping up close. “Hyung is so cute sleeping. Won’t you rather have me singing you to sleep than listening to digital soundtracks Junmei hyung?” he acted caressing Junmei’s cheek softly.

“Yah!” growled Hyunseong.

“Jeongmin ah…” said Donghyun warningly…

“Don’t worry hyung, I won’t wake her up,” said Jeongmin but then he was startled when Junmei started to flinch a bit.

“Boyfriend…” she muttered in her sleep.

The Boyfriend rolled their eyes when Junmei said their group name.

“Pabo.”

Then they all were released from the tension when Junmei muttered otherwise.

“I don’t want to be your girlfriend…” she muttered again.

They all were surprised and were ready to shout. Jeongmin who noticed his hyungs’ and dongsaes’ infuriated looks quickly cupped Junmei’s ear.

“YAH!!!” they all screamed in unison.

Jeongmin put his forefinger on his lips doing, “Shhh…. Don’t wake Junmei up…”

Donghyun, Hyunseong and the maknaes all turned away from Junmei to sulk in a corner or at a nearby wall or mirror… Or just someplace to ignore Junmei’s harsh unintentional comment which she made in HER SLEEP! (hello…?)

Jeongmin saw their reaction and could help to laugh but held it in otherwise he would be the one waking Junmei up. He stayed closely by her side and caressed her cheek again.

“Junmei hyung… Quickly make that song. I wonder what lines you would make me sing this time. I can’t wait to sing my heart out…” ‘Especially if it’s you making this song…’ he smiled enormously as he kept that thought to himself.

 

X3

[Chapter 11 – His Beautiful Smile.]

X3

 

Donghyun repeatedly warned Jeongmin not to get closer to Junmei while she was sleeping but Jeongmin insisted he would be as quiet as a mouse; not startling Junmei from her sleep. But that wasn’t the case! Jeongmin was smiling sheepishly for starring at Junmei for almost half an hour and that raised suspicion. All the members gathered around except for Jeongmin who was too busy taking his own private time ‘looking over’ Junmei while they talked withManager Jung who just arrived at the practice room.

“How long had Junmei fell asleep?” asked the Manager.

“She was asleep as soon we have gotten here ourselves,” replied Donghyun.

All took a peek at the soundly sleeping Junmei. Hyunseong’s stare was sharp as usual.

‘Wake up you lazy bum. Aren’t you responsible for our new single? So unbelievable,’ thought Hyunseong to himself.

Junmei couldn’t help but to flinch. This startled Jeongmin a little since he didn’t prepare what to say as she woke up. He could feel a small sweat droplet falling down from his forehead. Gulp. Junmei slowly opened her eyes; slightly surprised to meet Jeongmin’s eyes instantly after she awake from her slumber.

“Jeongmin ah…” she said.

Jeongmin raising one hand, in a wave, “Annyeong haseyo. Morning…”

“Oh…” an O share formed on Junmei’s mouth. To her astonishment, she was quite relieved that she couldn’t be angry even the slightest. Jeongmin was that sort of person she was easy to get along. She was rather happy to see one of the Boyfriend members at least. “Annyeong.” She slowly got up and rubbed her head to get rid of the buzzing pain in her head.

“How long have I slept?” asked Junmei.

“About half an hour,” replied Jeongmin helping her off the floor. “It’s amazing you can fall asleep almost anywhere, even on the cold floor hyung.”

“Gomawo Jeongmin ah.”

“Yah! How could you be sleeping like that? You’re supposed to be finishing our song!” said Hyunseong sounding irritated.

That sound of irritation also irritated Junmei. ‘How can I forget? The brickhead is also here. Can’t all guys be as nice as Jeongmin?’ She joined the circle of their meeting with the manager having a seat in between Jeongmin and Kwangmin. She avoided sitting near Hyunseong on purpose. Even avoiding eye contact.

 

An hour of discussion later… Junmei started working on the music again. She was brought to the music room where she sat at the grand piano and played the old composed music paper written by her late father. The song is already nice to hear, but to suit the sound of the modern era of music is still a great mystery for her to recompose. “All the music I love, had always been my appa’s work,” she told herself.

Then suddenly a person quickly ran to sit by her sideat the piano startling Junmei.

“Hyung! Gwenchana? How is the new song going?” asked Jeongmin excitedly.

Junmei tooka deep sigh in and gave Jeongmin the ‘what’s wrong with you’ look but Jeongmin avoided her eyes and still gave that smile showing his pearly whites to the sheets of music. He fidgeted with them and brushed his fingers onto the piano keys.

“Hyung! You have to stop pouting like that. Music won’t sound beautiful with negative thoughts. Play music you love and filled with happy thoughts. That way, you’ll produce such beautiful music,” said Jeongmin.

Junmei didn’t say a word but rather watched him pressing the keys of the piano in harmony hitting each of them correctly with the music notes of the composed song. As usual, beautifully played by the piano musician of Boyfriend, Lee Jeongmin.

Junmei just sighed and Jeongmin can’t help but to ask.

“What’s wrong Junmei hyung?”

“It’s not that I don’t want to write this song. It’s just… I haven’t played music for a long time,” said Junmei.

“Are you kidding me? You played beautifully the other day at your house.”

“No. That’s different,” said Junmei giving a dry smile. She tried playing the song again, again perfect notes. “At some point, I think I don’t suit this line of work because I feel burden, burdened to fill the expectations of the people who are waiting for the real song soon. I don’t want to disgrace the music my late father left for me.”

Jeongmin listened attentively. He somewhat felt the sadness in her voice. But he just nodded showing he understood. His smile never left him. “Hyung have to stay positive. No matter what kind of music you’ll make out of this, don’t worry about it. We’ll help you by singing our best so you and your father’s song beautifully. I really praise your father so much for being so amazingly talented writing music. He inspires me a lot lately!”

Junmei widen her eyes when Jeongmin said so. It has been so long since someone praised and talked about her father liked that. It somewhat made her smile. She ran her fingers over the piano again. Playing a different song…

Jeongmin smiled and enjoyed her playing the piano and sang along with the music. He recognize that she was playing the song “Not one but two” from their third single album. After that she changed the song to “You & I.” Jeongmin was greatly amazed how Junmei mastered playing their two singles on the piano so well with so little flaws.

“Jeomgmin sings so well,” praised Junmei.

“You play the piano beautifully, that’s why,” said Jeongmin.

The two of them blushed sub-conciously.

“Hyung!” said Jeongmin giving Junmei a slight pat on the shoulder. “Can I ask you a small favour?”

Junmei could seeing the eagerly emotion in his eyes hoping Junmei to respond positively. “What would that may be?”

X3

 

X3

No matter how absurd it may be; no matter how ridiculous, how… How Jeongmin was so nice to her, this was such a bad idea. Now, Junmei and Jeongmin were out on the streets of the Hongdae district where all the action and bustle of youths gather to have a great time. They literally took the initiative to sneak out of Starship Entertainment and rode a bus there because Jeongmin wants to take Junmei there but who is taking who right now?! Because Jeongmin said he doesn’t have much money on him and Junmei had to pay for their transportation.

Jeongmin was dressed very warmly, thankfully the weather let him to dress as such to cover his body and face in layers for people won’t suspect him as a famous Idol in South Korea. With his dark green long coat, covering his face a long dark grey woollen scarf with a his brown snow cap on, not many recognized him that way.

“Are you sure, you don’t feel suffocated wearing all those layers?” asked Junmei.

“I’m fine. As long nobody notices me,” said Jeongmin nudging Junmei’s side.

“Ah… Jinjja! I shouldn’t be doing this.”

Jeongmin pouted. He was either feeling bad for forcing Junmei bringing him out. He knows that he might get scolded afterwards or he felt bad because Junmei wasn’t fully agreed to his wishes, she wasn’t happy at all. But there’s a whole bigger reason for why Jeongmin wanted to go out with Junmei to this particular place.

“Junmei hyung… Mian… But, there’s this one place I really wish to take you to,” said Joeongmin.

Junmei looked at Jeongmin as he pathetically apologizes. He rarely sounds so sad; she’s not used to it so she had to comply with Jeongmin. Since they were already at Hongdae, she thought it was best for them to see what was going around in the district. “Well, where should be go to next then?” she asked sounding very interested.

“Junmei hyung…!” a smiled curved on Jeongmin’s lips. Excitedly, Jeongmin took Junmei’s hand and walked in a face pace towards somewhere Junmei yet to know.

This was also Jeongmin, she thought. He’s too excited but it’s okay.

 

Donghyun was irritated still. Boyfriend was taking a break while Youngmin was given the task to grab them all a snack. The members were free to roam around as they please for 20 minutes or so but Donghyun can’t help but to worry that Jeongmin has been missing for about more than 40 minutes after Youngmin came back with their snacks. They did wait for Jeongmin to return so they could eat together but Minwoo was being noisy for feeling so hungry he had to start without waiting for Jeongmin. They all agreed they couldn’t wait anymore.

But it still felt awkward. The member who was the noisiest and most playful wasn’t around to lift up the mood. Yet, what was weirder, he was nowhere to be found. Donghyun and Minwoo went around the company asking if they might have seen him but all gave negative responses so they returned to the dance practice room with no new news.

“Where might he have gone to? Home?” asked Youngmin.

“But the driver must’ve known if had said so,” replied Kwangmin.

“This is so rare of Jeongmin hyung to went off somewhere without saying anything to us,” said Minwoo.

Donghyun thought for a long time but he was also at a dead end to where might his lead vocal member ran off too. He thought too much that he started to get worried for him. He turned to Hyunseong who was eating his chips.

“Where do you think Jeongmin is?” asked Donghyun to Hyunseong.

‘Sneaking off with pabo Junmei,’ he thought to himself. He nibbled onto the chips to reduce his irritation of that thought. A thought so stressing it seems so crazy and unreasonable.

Donghyun also being irritated with his other vocal member snatched the chips away from him for he ignored his question. “Yah!” Donghyun growled. He didn’t let Hyunseong eat anymore and finishes his chips for him.

“Aishh! Jinjja hyung? Lemme have my chips,” said Hyunseong.

“Then find Jeongmin first!” said Donghyun.

“It’s all Jeongmin’s fault then,” he said.

He eyes his dongsaes who were suspicious to why Hyunseong was acting that way. Usually he would answer Donghyun’s every little inquiry and follow his every order. They can tell he wasn’t being himself.

Minwoo looked at Hyunseong’s irritated face.

“Yah! Minwoo goon! What are you looking at? EAT!” said Hyunseong.

Minwoo’s body bounced a little in surprise but he couldn’t hold back what he had to say anymore, “You don’t think that Jeongmin has run away from the company, do you?”

“Are you crazy Minwoo? Jeongmin could never do that,” said Youngmin.

“Well it is not possible if he had some kind of help right?” said Minwoo.

“You don’t say…” said Youngmin who saw him taking out his cellphone and dialling a number. Youngmin leaned closer to see who he was contacting.

This also peeked Kwangmin’s and Donghyun’s interest who came closer.

“Yah! I’m calling someone here!” Minwoo pushed his hyungs to get some air from himself.

“Who are you calling Minwoo ah?” asked Hyunseong who was already in a sitting position hugging his knees refraining himself to look over curious like the rest.

Minwoo smirked childishly and looked happy as the person he called answered.

“Hello. Minwoo ah?”

“Hyung! Junmei hyung! Can you tell me where are you now?” asked Minwoo.

By the mention of her name, Hyunseong quickly nudged closer to the group hurdling around Minwoo. “Quick! Quick put it on loudspeaker,” said ordered.

Minwoo without arguing did what he was told to.

“I’m at Hongdae, why?” asked Junmei.

“Hongdae? I thought you had gone home. What are you doing at Hongdae?” asked Minwoo.

“Erm… that’s why… *sighs* I wonder myself.”

The Boyfriend members were puzzled by her answer.

“Pabo! What are you doing in a place you aren’t even sure why you’re there?” said Hyunseong over the phone.

Junmei felt cross. “YAH! Shut up pabo brickhead. Jeongmin brought me here! I don’t know why. He won’t tell me.”

“WHAT? Jeongmin brought you to Hongdae?!” asked Donghyun. “Aishh jinjja that dongsae.”

“Whatever hyung. He didn’t exactly bring me here if I had to pay for our transportation.”

“That means, you abducted Jeongmin you abductor!” teased Hyunseong sarcastically.

A long silence was heard afterwards.

“Err… hyung, I think you have offended her big time now,” said Minwoo slowly.

The twins looked at him. Hyunseong was feeling hotter by the moment. Did he really offend her this time?

But soon some munching sounds could be heard. A conversation was faintly heard over the phone.

“Is it yummy hyung?” that sounded like Jeongmin.

“Yum! Yes…” she replied.

“Yah…! What are you two doing?” asked Kwangmin.

“Don’t tell me…” before Donghyun could continue they could hear Jeongmin’s cheerful self over the phone.

“Omo hyung! Everyone! Sorry for not saying anything earlier. I didn’t plan of going out earlier, that’s why I didn't say anything but I’m at Hongdae district right now with Junmei. Don't get mad, OK? I’m helping him out with the song so I’ll be back soon, OK? Please don’t worry about us,” he said.

“Jeongmin ah!!! Pabo Jeongmin,” shouted Donghyun.

“Just say you were so desperate to go on a date with Junmei you selfish brat!” said Hyunseong.

“Yah! Stop talking nonsense over the phone. You two are so loud. Bye!” grumpy Junmei cut off their line and that was the last of their conversation. She put away her cellphone.

Jeongmin was utterly surprised by that.

Junmei quickly shrugged off her irritation she felt from that phone call. “What nonsense!” she scoffed. “A date? Who do they think we are? We’re not gay.”

Jeongmin laughed under his breath trying to keep it hidden as much as it can from Junmei. “Junmei hyung is so oblivious as ever. She still doesn’t know that we know her real gender? Aigoo~ No wonder Donghyun and Hyunseong especially gets annoyed with you hyung.”

Junmei turned to Jeongmin who seems to be hiding from her something. “Jeongmin ah, let’s go now.”

Jeongmin turned around and nodded happily. “Let’s…”

Back at Starship Entertainment, Boyfriend was... awkward? "So he really sneaked out with that pabo." thought Hyunseong.

 

Soon they returned to their usual routines with the three maknaes, Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo were practicing their dancing moves endlessly with random songs being played through the stereo. It has been a long time since they’ve danced so this would be a good time to polish their rusty abilities that they’ve kept away for so long. After a while, the three felt tired. Donghyun and Hyunseong were already in the music room with their vocal trainer to train their vocals making Kwangmin asking Youngmin whether he wanted to join them.

“I think it’s better you join Donghyun and Hyunseong hyung training your vocals now,” he said.

Huff huff… Youngmin let out panting… The non-stop dancing made his heart pound strongly against his chest. It has been a quite a long time since they’ve practice. They needed the exercise. Youngmin looked at his twin, shaking his head.

Astonished, Kwangmin asked, “Wae? Why won’t you sing?”

“I don’t feel like it,” he said.

Kwangmin crawled to his twin’s side. “What? Don’t say things like that. It’s not funny.”

“It’s not supposed to be funny.”

“Tell me, what is the matter?”

“I’m not a great singer.”

“Yah! That’s no reason to skip vocal training. We’re going to release a new album soon and you know it.” Kwangmin could see Youngmin wasn’t interested into listening. “Listen, this album is important for us; to all of us. Stop being selfish and start acting up.”

Youngmin stood up abruptly and gave Kwangmin the cold stare. “I don’t need to listen to you anymore.”

Hurt. Kwangmin quietly let Youngmin leave the dance practice room who slammed the door showing angst.

Minwoo quickly turned his body facing Kwangmin. “Kwangmin, gwenchana? What’s up with Youngmin? Aren’t you going to consult him? It’s not normal for him to act this way. It’s really weird!”

Kwangmin knew Minwoo has a point so he got up and tried running after Youngmin. He ran and he ran out the dancing room and through the corridors to find his yellow haired twin. He caught glimpses of Youngmin entering the 3rd Music Room used for composing music. It was currently empty since it is lent to Junmei for the meanwhile. That made him curious why Youngmin wanted to use that empty music room.

Kwangmin crept slowly, peeking through the glass door looking carefully over Youngmin’s actions. “What is he doing?” he asked himself. He saw Youngmin nearing the piano and picking up the music pieces.

Youngmin stared at them long and blank. He felt disgusted. He loves music and wishes ever more to sing the new song beautifully like the rest. He isn’t like Donghyun or Jeongmin who are said with an angelic voice or even the main vocalist like Hyunseong. He felt his singing in Boyfriend had been neglected for being given too little parts. With Junmei hanging out with Jeongmin that day brought up more of Youngmin’s suspicion that he won’t get a bigger part in their song. Oh how wonderful! Oh how much he wanted to be more like Donghyun and Hyunseong. Oh how he wanted a chance to be close to Junmei like Jeongmin so he might have a chance to plan the song so he get some of the best parts in their song.

“AAAHHHH!!” screamed Youngmin in agony. He took the music sheets – crumpled them, ripped them.

Kwangmin seeing his in pained twin rushed into the music room and enforce his arms to wrap around him so he could stop into a tight hug. “Hyung! Gwenchana? Hyung!”

“Don’t stop me Kwangmin!”

“What is the matter with you? This is not like you at all…”

“I won’t sing this song! There will be no song. I’ll never allow it. I hate it! I hate it!” he stomped on the floor angrily with the music sheets all over the place.

“Youngmin hyung, don’t do this please. Everyone is expecting a great song from Boyfriend soon.”

“Then Boyfriend would do without me!”

“No, that’s not true…” Kwangmin held his twin tightly as he was struggling to break from his embrace. Kwangmin snuggled his face into Young’s shoulder and trickles of tears were start flowing through his eyes, down his cheek.

Youngmin with another great push, broke through his twin grip yelled, “It’s doesn’t matter for you since you’re the main rapper.”

“What if I am? Hyung, we said we will work together and succeed together in this industry remember. Please don’t do this to me.” Kwangmin saw hate in Youngmin’s eyes as he looked at more music sheets which looked had been composed by Junmei on the piano. “He isn’t going to rip those too, is he?”

Like reflects, Kwangmin rushed to grabb the pieces when Youngmin was after them; now both of them were holding them and none of them were letting them go.

“Hyung! Let go! Junmei worked really hard to write this. Don’t do anything to it!”

“What do you think I was going to do with them…” he snarled at Kwangmin.

Both breaking a sweat, gritting their teeth; Kwangmin couldn’t show any eye contact with his twin for he was too scared but he had to protect what he thinks is right but… STRRRIIIPPP~ The paper ripped itself into pieces. The music paper were scattered everywhere.

“Look to what have you done!” shouted Kwangmin.

“I didn’t do anything. It’s not my fault…”

“Youngmin you IDIOT!!!”

X3

 

X3

Being busy and roaming happily in the busy district of Hongdae, Junmei was totally surprised with the many places Jeongmin brought her today. She was shocked and curious to whether Jeongmin had been here before that he knows where he was going; leading her to delicious food carts, to a karaoke place and even to souvenirs shops.

“Are you buying anything here Jeongmin?” she asked.

“No. I’m just looking at all the pretty stuff sold here,” he replied smiling.

She nodded understanding remembering he too was still a teenager; also an idol who rarely has a chance to go window shopping in the open. So why not let him do a little adventuring. Junmei too was also having fun having her own little adventure.

Soon afterwards, Junmei decided it was time for them to return back to Starship and Jeongmin said OK. One their way to find the nearest bus stop, Jeongmin was attracted to one on the street performers singing and playing the keyboard and guitar. A duet.

Jeongmin pulled Junmei’s hand. “Let’s go and watch, shall we?”

“But Jeongmin, it’s getting late. We had seen so many street performances already!” she protested.

“This will be the last one, OK?”

Junmei shrugged at Jeongmin.

Jeongmin’s eyes were filled with anticipation. “Please… I promise this will be the last.”

“Alright…”

Junmei was getting more and more tired. She never knew how much passion Jeongmin had put to help her find inspiration for her music by taking her here. He told her that by watching other people perform their own music like the street performers they’re listening to now can help her to get inspired to finish her own composition. She was very grateful but as it was getting late, she was getting tired and worried. This last performance wasn’t helping since her mood was decreasing.

“We open the floor to anyone who would like to sing along with us!” said one of the performers.

Junmei intentionally ignored them since she wasn’t interested but surprisingly to her anticipation…

“WE would love to!” said Jeongmin in high spirits raising his hand.

Junmei’s eyes flew wide open. “Bwoh! No, Jeongmin ah… We’re not…!”

“Just this once, sing with me…”

“No! I’m not going to sing,” she refused.

The crowd clapped and cheered in synchronization. Junmei had ‘what’s up with these people’ kind of expression. This was unbelievable when Jeongmin caught the attention of many. She planned on not getting attention. Had Jeongmin lost his mind? He was an Idol for goodness sake! What if people found out?

“Aja aja! Let’s go!” said Jeongmin pulling Junmei’s hand towards the two microphones set in between the two musicians who were sat at their position behind the keyboard and guitar.

Junmei was too embarrassed and looked at Jeongmin. “What if his cover is blew? What if people notice him?! I need to do something, I need to do something!!!”  she constantly repeated that thought in her head.

She quickly took something from her pocket. A pair of shades, sun-glasses and put them on Jeongmin. Everyone silenced while watching Junmei putting them on for him. Jeongmin’s expression froze.

“What are these for?” he asked.

“To make you look cool. All superstars wear sun-glasses even if it’s not hot. They look more mysterious like they have an identity to cover,” she whispered to Jeongmin.

Jeongmin covered his mouth holding his small laughter. May sound childish, but Junmei’s words realize him that he was that person, an Idol to not attract attention. But getting caught up too fast into this kind of situation, he felt a little guilty. Maybe this is why Junmei felt burdened with this act of his.

“What song?” asked the musician.

“Couple by Sechs Kies,” said Jeongmin.

The musician nodded and started to play the intro. The crowd hushed and the music kept on playing; Jeongmin started singing his part first.

Compared to before, you’re probably more better now

You’ve fulfilled this emptiness inside me

Being so weary in this wonderful world

Jeongmin beautiful sang his part just how he sang it during their third single comeback, I’ll be there. The crowd was still in silence. Maybe they were too drowned into the Jeongmin’s angelic singing voice they were barely unable to mutter a sound. He continued singing… Also peeking to Junmei’s reaction to see if she was comfortable. He thought he would sing a little bit more until Junmei was able to start singing herself.

You don’t know how long I’ve waited in my life for this day
It feels like a dream
I’m not alone, but with you now

We’re going together now

Junmei who was listening so close to the song somewhat had fell in love not only to the meaning of the song, it was Jeongmin’s voice she had longed for. Unconciously she felt that the last line was signalling Junmei to sing the rest…

 

Oh~ Love I’ve been so weary, why did it take you so long to find me…

Oh~ Love I love you, now you can spend every second with me…

 

Jeongmin was so touched by Junmei’s singing he could almost cry. Even for a split moment; even for the first time he couldn’t believe that Junmei sang so beautifully as well with so little flaws. He doesn’t care if those lines she sang was meant for him or someone else, he can’t help to be overjoyed to spend the day with her.

“I will never regret a single moment we spent together today Kim Junmei.”

Junmei exhaled slowly and looked at her side, the angelic voice of Boyfriend and the sweetest of them all. For a moment she enjoyed her duet today and thought, today wasn’t a bad idea after all. Jeongmin had made her found the music within her all over again. “I owe you one Jeongmin. Kamsamnida.”

They both smiled in unison.

 

To be continued… Ppyong!