Dreams Come True

[DISCONTINUED] Boyfriend Coffee House

Junmei slowly close her eyes in exhaustion. Early in the morning, she had to rush out from her house to the Boyfriend Coffee House when she received an urgent call from Manager Jung. It has been almost three weeks since she last heard from him; since that particular meeting at Starship Entertainment. It was just too early! She couldn’t believe she was fooled to follow Boyfriend’s schedule to their photo shoot to wherever it might be. She couldn’t run away when she got to the café with the boys. The place they were going to didn’t interest her in particular. She just wished that she could be anywhere; even working at the coffee shop for all private life’s sake just to be away from Boyfriend. It was just her luck. She finally slept, in the van… She was brought into dreamland.

“Junmei ah! Where have you been lately?” asked Kanna.

At school recently, Kanna has been trying to ask Junmei to hang out with her and the girls but Junmei has been giving her excuses.

“I’m going to my part time job now,” she replied shortly.

“You’re so busy with your part time and you haven’t had time to spend having fun. Are they treating you OK? Don’t tell me your boss is treating you like a slave,” asked Kanna worryingly.

‘Kinda feel like so,’ thought Junmei to herself. Kanna doesn’t know she was working for Boyfriend to cover up for the rumours. She just couldn’t, especially to Kanna. “I’m doing this for myself as well. You know my omma is in the hospital and everything. So I’m working my off to pay off our expenses.” She was ready to leave when Kanna said…

“Is there anything you need help with, don’t forget to ask OK?”

“Bwoh?” Junmei somehow felt she heard that line before.

“Don’t forget you have friends you can rely on. So, don’t take it all on yourself and rely on someone for once. You’re not alone; you have friends.”

‘Rely on someone? My friends…?” she thought. Now she remembered something back at the shop.

“It’s OK to ask for help once in a while,” said Hyunseong.

Junmei looked at Kanna’s sincere look and smiled. “Arasso. Gomawo. I’ll get going now.” Junmei took her leave in a dash. She thought Kanna was right. She has been pushing herself for the past few weeks after joining Boyfriend’s Coffee Shop but…

“We are here!” said Manager Jung to the boys at the back. “OMO! Junmei-shii?”

Manager Jung and Hyunseong from the two front seat looked at the back seat where Junmei who was seated in between Youngmin and Kwangmin was sleeping soundly still didn’t hear the manager’s call. Even the other Boyfriend members looked at her sleeping expression.

This in exception for Youngmin who was startled when Junmei’s head suddenly settled on his hard warm shoulder. Youngmin felt a little sensation from this but tries not to show it since he was unsure that Junmei was a girl. Youngmin, she’s a guy. She’s a guy… He told himself but looking at Junmei, he couldn’t deny how purely innocent her expression was. Aigoo… She’s a girl… !

“Yah! Junmei hyung, wake up!” said Kwangmin roughly slapping her shoulder.

Junmei slowly woke up. “Are we there?”

Donghyun smiled and replied, “Yes we’re here Junmei-shii. Welcome to largest Amusement Park in Seoul, Everland.”

Everland? Junmei eyes widen and hurried over to the window on her left to see outside pushing Kwangmin aside. Kwangmin shocked pushed Junmei’s slender body away. He was alike Youngmin himself, couldn’t handle the fact Junmei was a girl after all. Too close!!! He thought.

“Waahhh!!!” she exclaimed in excitement. Appa, Omma… I wished you see this.

X3

[[Chapter 5 – Dreams Come True]]

X3

The sight at Everland was extravaganza. Junmei’s sleepiness all fade away when she finally knew she was at Seoul’s amusement park, Everland. It was her dream place ever since she was a child to come here. She even begged her mother and father to bring her there on a vacation but for some reasons they just didn’t make it.

Hyunseong sighed to the sight of Junmei running around, jumping up and down excitingly like a little kid. He recalled the time she was sleeping on Youngmin’s shoulder the whole trip and how he casually climbed over Kwangmin to look out the window. It irritated him a lot! Doesn’t she feel anything by doing that? Aigoo…

Junmei was alone getting all excited, amusing the location that she didn’t notice the Boyfriend had already left her alone. She didn’t care less. Manager Jung had to look for her to say something important to her.

“Kim Jun Mei-shii!” he called when he spotted her.

Junmei quickly went up to the manager and hugged him abruptly. “Manager Jung! You’re the best. Thanks for taking me here. Thanks for calling me! Sorry for not trusting you…” she squealed happily.

“Junmei-shii… Junmei-shii!” he broken her hug loose. He tried to recover his breath. “I need to remind you you’re still working for me –as a guy. So act like one.”

Junmei hearing the manager so serious realized he was right. She was acting weird with her childishness thus straightening her appeal. “Forgive me manager.”

“So, anyone suspects?” he asked.

“No. I don’t think so,” she replied shortly.

“I better hope you’re right. Oh! By the way, you better get changing. You’re doing the photo shoot for the magazine with Boyfriend as well.”

“BWOH!!? Ani ani aniya! I’m not doing any photo shoot!”

“Pabo! Then what’s the meaning of bringing you here?”

Junmei was bewildered tried to oppose but the manager quickly responded…

“No excuses! This is a part of your work as well. Now go over there and report yourself.” Manager Jung pushed her the way to the photo shooting crew who were busy with the lights and camera. A medium size tent meant for keeping the designer clothes were in there. Manager Jung said to himself, “Goodluck Junmei-shii.”

Junmei did what she was told. She asked the magazine crew what she had to do and she was given instructions to get dressed with the clothes given by the photo shoot director. Following orders, she entered the tent to change. There she found all of Boyfriend finishing the last touches to their clothing; fully dressed with the designer clothes. Surprised, she admits they looked hot!

“Erm… *cough* She trying to excuse herself from barging in. “I guess I need to get changing.” She scratched her head being foolish herself. I can’t change in here! They will look at me and know I’m a girl!

All of Boyfriend was surprised when Junmei entered the tent. When she said she had to change, they understood they weren’t meant to take their time any longer.

“Aigoo! It’s chilly outside, but I’m done,” said Jeongmin stretching his arms exiting the tent.

“Jeongmin hyung! Wait for me,” said Minwoo chasing him.

Kwangmin and Youngmin looked at each other and said, “Let’s go Kwangmin, I saw there’s this waffle cart. They looked delicious.”

“Yea, I think so too. Treat me one hyung,” replied Kwangmin. They both left the tent.

Donghyun on the other hand just smiled and ruffled Junmei’s hair on his way out. That only left Hyunseong making Junmei wait for him to leave. Hyunseong and Junmei looked at each other in unison.

“Do I look like a monster to you?” he asked out of the blue.

“Bwoh?”

“Nah, just kidding,” he said walking his way out of the tent. “Don’t look too shabby for the photo shoot Junmei.”

Junmei didn’t forget to hear the last of his words. She smirked. “Yea right Hyunseong-shii. Well, thanks everyone. It’s a better environment to change now.” She told herself; kind of like knowing they left to give Junmei privacy. She smiled and got back to work.

X3

 

X3

 

The Boyfriend members gathered to listening to their chief editor Geum Hae Yee’s instructions for their photo shoot. All dressed handsomely, warmly for their theme, cool chilly New Year design. The clothes they wore were all in much matured colours, blue, black, grey, brown and white. They were fairly comfortable and confident with the designers’ clothes. Donghyun and the rest nodded understanding the orders given when… Junmei came out from the tent, ready to photo shoot. The Boyfriend members couldn’t believe the ‘boy’ they saw who wore a dark blue leather jacket with a black turtle necked shirt underneath. The pants he wore were grey in colour which matched his long black leathered boots.

Junmei adjusted the length of her black, long-sleeve shirt which showed a little length under her blue leathered jacket. Done adjusting, she ran over to the group apologizing. “Mianhe. I took a long time, after changing; the make-up artist had to do my face.”

“Even your hair was done for you Junmei hyung,” mentioned Minwoo.

Junmei’s hair was sprayed for that extra effect after applying gel. “Does it look weird?”

“Kyeopta,” muttered Hyunseong under his breath. The Boyfriend members surprised gave a sceptical look at Hyunseong. *cough!*

Junmei was in a blur with them.

“You look cool Junmei-shii,” said Donghyun in short.

“OK! Let’s bring Boyfriend into the set!” called the director to the camera team. That was also Boyfriend’s call. “Kim Jun Mei-shii, get ready!”

“Alright!” she replied the call.

 

In an hour of taking so many pictures of Boyfriend poses, they also had to tour around the amusement park to take photos of different background which Junmei had fun doing. Even so she dislike having to take her pictures taken with Boyfriend, she had to love sight-seeing around Everland. That was the only thought that kept her smiling throughout the whole photo shoot until the afternoon break.

“That’s a CUT!!!” said the director.

Boyfriend, especially Junmei let out a heavy sigh of relief. Each to each own hid part of themselves who felt tired trying to look best in front of the cameras. It was hard to smile in front of the camera since the last time they had been doing work of publicity. Junmei took a towel from one of the helping crew and wipe her sweat from her neck when the Ms Geum Hae Yee went up to her.

“Junmei-shii, you did great. That’s for cooperating with us. Be sure to be ready for a short interview with us later,” she said.

“Bwoh? An interview?” asked Junmei.

Director Geum just gave an approving smile and left to meet the rest of Boyfriend.

Still shocked about her having an interview soon, took her water bottle and drank with all her might –frustrated. She trailed Director Geum who was talking with Hyunseong. She look frustrated with him and that made Junmei curious, why?

“Smile more Hyunseong-shii! Be more natural in front of the camera, can you? You can do that for me, can’t you?”

Hyunseong bowed and said he will do his best for his next single photo shoot. He drank a little ffrom his water bottle and went to production team to resume his photo shoot that were done with Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo’s photo shoot.

She tried to be positive that Hyunseong will give his best just as the other Boyfriend members were doing. But it was obvious he wasn’t enjoying the camera focusing only on him. He was seen nervous, not confident with his pose. She pity Hyunseong in secret. What can she do?

“Director!” she called stalling the camera crew. She ran up beside Hyunseong and smiled; giving some kind of confidence to Hyunseong.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Let’s do the photo shoot together,” said Junmei.

“That’s a good idea. We need the two hot topics in the picture,” said Director Geum and started the photo shoot again.

Lots and lots of photos were taken of Hyunseong and Junmei together. It seems more natural when Junmei was doing teasing looks to break the ice Hyunseong created within himself. Hyunseong teased how Junmei was being so full of herself getting praised by the director. She replied, “Well, I’m not the one being grumpy in front the camera. Brickhead.”

“Bwoh?!” Hyunseong was ready to hit Junmei when Junmei quickly ran away from him. Their playful act was captured on camera. Their silliness, childishness blew away the awkwardness from each other when they soon realized they had fun.

“CUT!!!” called Director Geum to the pair.

Hyunseong and Junmei stopped what they were doing; realizing they were panting. Tired.

Donghyun approached them. “You two did better. Nice job.”

“Kamsamnida,” said Junmei.

“What a nice plan Junmei, getting Hyunseong to play in front of the camera was a good way to hide the nervousness he looked last time.”

“I wasn’t that bad,” Hyunseong said.

“Thanks to me, the brickhead might be natural after all,” said Junmei.

“A brickhead I always am to you, won’t I?” asked Hyunseong. And their argument went on.

The three maknaes and Jeongmin look from afar the trio.

“I’m confused, is Junmei hyung getting along with Hyunseong or fighting with him?” asked Youngmin.

“It’s not hard to tell, actually,” replied Kwangmin. But he thought exactly, It would be nice if they weren’t that much in a fight. It’s annoying to see them so unaware of each other. Paboya Hyunseong hyung.

Minwoo looked at Kwangmin’s unsure expression. His frown made his eyes squinted a little by the tension he was feeling but Minwoo was in no standing to understand what Kwangmin was thinking, yet.

“This is actually a good thing. Since this photo shoot is about getting to know Junmei. Isn’t ‘his’ interview anytime soon?” said Jeongmin getting excited and immediately got up from his chair and head over to the three. “Junmei hyung! Hyung!”

X3

 

X3

Junmei was very nervous. Coming here wasn’t in her ‘personal’ schedule, never less being in a place she never imagine coming ever in her life. The photo shoot was bizarre and this planned interview was still out of the blue for her. So why??? Donghyung explained it to her, this interview was necessary. She only agreed to do it when Donghyun said it could clear her name. In a chair, she sat comfortably in front a few interviewers of Teen Iva’s journalists ready to question them. She gulped.

This is only an interview. There’s nothing to be nervous about…she thought.

“So Junmei-shii. Thank you for cooperating with us today. You don’t mind answering a few questions for us, right?” asked interviewer one.

“Yes,” she replied shortly.

The other members of Boyfriend watched closely from behind.

The interviewers got their pens and books ready. “First question, it says you live at Sunny Isle Street and go to SSB High School in Science Based Class. Are you planning anything in your future?”

“My ambition is to be a doctor. I wish to further my studies in medic until I become a professional doctor one say,” she answered calmly.

“Second, working in the Boyfriend café must be tough. Since you have big ambitions, how do you manage your time between studies and working at the café?”

“Well, I pay very close attention to the lesson taught by the teachers at school and finish all my assignments at school as well. If I don’t get them finished on time at school, I will bring them with me to the café. I will either finish them between work or after work, at home.”

The Boyfriend nodded approvingly. Her statements were proven true. But some of them awed when Junmei said she wanted to be a doctor.

“Before your life now and previously, were there any differences? What do you do in your past time?”

“There’s a lot of differences. I had more time to do the things I liked.”

“What are those things?” asked the interviewer.

Junmei gave a little thought if she would reveal, “When I didn’t ork for Boyfriend, I hang out with my friends at the park. My group and I practice dancing and make music. I like playing the guitar.”

“Eh?” this came from Youngmin. “You play the guitar?”

The interviewers looked at Youngmin; he found himself interrupting and Kwangmin hit him. Aigoo!

“Quite a diverse person you are. Studious but also an artist of music, aren’t you? Where did you learn to play the guitar?”

“I taught myself. But before I got the hang of teaching myself, my appa taught me how to play it,” answered Junmei.

“Is your appa a guitarist?” asked the interviewer.

“Yes,” she replied shortly.

“Who is he?”

“Kim Kang Jun.”

The interviewers muttered. “Kim Kang Jun, the famous composer of many OST’s?” (Oh, I made this up.)

Junmei nodded. “That’s him. But…”

The interviewer cut in. “It’s OK. We are aware of your condition. We’re very sorry Mr Kim Jun Mei.”

“It’s OK.”

 

Donghyun and the members of Boyfriend had a little conversation after hearing only a little part of Junmei’s interview when Donghyun stated that, “Junmei doesn’t completely hate music, does she?”

“What do you mean hyung?” asked Minwoo.

Jeongmin answered Minwoo, “Donghyung mean there’s a possibility she likes what we do. But she won’t admit that she do.”

“As in… Music? Dancing? Even singing?” asked Youngmin.

“But she hates K-pop,” said Jeongmin in short. “Are you saying that in contradiction hyung?”

Donghyun stopped pacing and thought, “Maybe that’s it.” Donghyun turned around and got an idea. He ran back to the production team with the members of Boyfriend following him. They were eager to know what Donghyun had in mind. He went to one of the staff and asked to borrow their computer. After getting what he wanted, he caught up with Junmei who was resting after giving a short break from the interviewers.

“Junmei ah…” said Donghyun.

“What’s up hyung?” she replied. She saw the laptop he was holding and her attention directed to it.

The other members of Boyfriend gathered around to watch Donghyun as he opens YouTube and searched for videos regarding their songs and performances. He asked Junmei, “Have you ever seen us perform before?”

Junmei shook her head. “Ani…”

“What have you been up to all your life, not ever hearing about us?” asked Donghyun ending that statement with a soft giggle.

Junmei pouted.

“Watch our performances next time Junmei hyung. We have debuted for some time,” said Minwoo.

I would if I had the time. I had been working my off everyday for you. Thought Junmei. She did thought about knowing Boyfriend on the real stage but coming back from work every day; seeing their faces all day long didn’t appeal her to open up the World Wide Web to search for them, anymore.

“So you’re a good dancer?” asked Kwangmin.

“I used to dance all the time,” replied Junmei.

“How good are you at it? Mind showing us?” asked Youngmin.

Then Donghyun played the video, ‘Let’s Get It Started’ on YouTube. Junmei carefully watched the video which had a very upbeat music. Slowly she can feel the rhythm being passed down through her body to her feet. She didn’t seem like it but she was quietly enjoying the dance of the six members of Boyfriend. She saw a new side of them.

“That looks cool,” she said shortly after the video ended.

“Jinjja?” asked Donghyun.

Junmei smiled; nodded approvingly. Then suddenly the three maknaes, Minwoo, Youngmin and Kwangmin pulled Junmei up to an open space and asked her to dance with them on the spot. Donghyun was ready with the laptop and connected it with some speakers. Jeongmin and Hyunseong were very interested what about to happen next.

“You look like you have very energetic feet.” “We will see about that,” said the twins very seriously to Junmei. She was positioned in between them with Minwoo in front of them.

“Ready?” asked Minwoo giving a thumb up to Donghyun.

Junmei was ready with that serious look on her face –ready to kick .

*The music played* The Jo twins, Minwoo and Junmei all dance synchronizing to the music. When the part came to the twins entry and Minwoo stepped behind them, automatically Junmei knew where she was heading and followed Minwoo’s lead to dance beside him which this was the first time dancing with them. This became a surprise to all who were watching –Donghyun, Hyunseong, Jeongmin and the production team. Who knew Kim Jun Mei had this kind of talent.

The short show ended. All pled towards Junmei and praised her talent.

“Junmei hyung is amazing, isn’t she?” said Jeongmin to Hyunseong and Donghyun.

“She sure is,” answered Donghyun.

Hyunseong still in shock kept quiet for those very slow minutes seeing how many people pursued her to praise her awesome talent. Her dancing was flawless!

Manager Jung joined the boys. “Junmei-shii, is full of surprises.”

“You don’t look so surprised Manager,” said Donghyun.

Manager Jung laughed sarcastically. “But we found a true talent right here. What about we put this guy into good use and keep him a little longer shall we?”

Hyunseong eyed the manager for his words. The manager saw him.

“Hyunseong-shii, it sounds intriguing, isn’t it?”

He is not a tool… Or a prisoner,” said Hyunseong. “When the time comes, he will have to leave.” Hyunseong left them with no more words. “He is annoying as ever!”

 

Junmei was very happy that day. The manager informed her and the rest of Boyfriend they had the whole theme park to themselves that night and could play until midnight. It was a personal gift from the production team of Teen Iva’s magazine. Minwoo ordered a table full of food and deserts for the Boyfriend group to eat. Jeongmin and the twins planned carefully which rides to play by looking at the map. Donghyun tried to stop Minwoo from eating too much. Hyunseong was catching up some alone time on a bench trying to think to himself.

Junmei was caught into the excitement but can’t help to wonder what Hyunseong was doing by himself. Aigoo… That guy is impossible! Does he hate me that much he’s avoiding me?

So she went up to Hyunseong and patted him on the shoulder. He sorta’ flinched when he was discovered dazing off through the lights within the night sky.

Junmei asked, “What is it are you thinking about?”

“Nothing,” he replied shortly.

“Why aren’t you joining the rest? Are you tired?”

“No.”

“You want something to eat? It’s on the house.”

“No thank you.”

Junmei was getting impatient, so she thought of asking. “Are you avoiding me?”

“Yes,” he said truthfully.”

“Did I do something wrong?”

“Not really.”

“Then what is it?”

“…” no answer.

“Do you hate me?” she asked, finally!

Hyunseong gets up and walked another direction away from Junmei and away from everybody else.

“Hyunseong! Hyunseong ah!!” Junmei called.

She followed wherever Hyunseong was going. He was walking way faster than she thought and Junmei couldn’t catch up. Plus she didn’t noticed where they were heading but the sounds of the people partying were slowly fading within then distance and Hyunseong stopped.

“You’re annoying, you know that?”

Junmei was completely pissed off! “I don’t know what’s your problem here mister! But you got some nerves dragging me out here far and in nowhere and you start calling me names already?! Are you out of your mind?”

Hyunseong turned to face Junmei. He scratched his un scratchy head when he finally snapped as well. “ARGHH! I can’t take it anymore.”

Junmei was surprised. She was confused with Hyunseong’s sudden reaction.

“Junmei ah! Tell me, who are you? What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Wh –what?”

“Why are you doing all this? You aren’t supposed to be famous, are you? You think you can charge in here and be the new SOMETHING,” he announced. “AISHH!”

“What is it for you? I just showed what I loved doing. What’s so wrong about that?” she asked back. “Besides, isn’t it the same for you? You’re a K-pop star, aren’t you? You sing.”

“I thought you hated K-pop.”

“I do.”

“Then… Why? How come you dance pretty well?”

“Huh?” Junmei said. “It’s my hobby.”

Hyunseong became frustrated. “I mean, you look as if you were enjoying yourself. You like K-pop, don’t you?”

“Hyunseong, why are you asking me all this? What difference does it make if I like K-pop or not?”

That’s right Shim Hyun Seong. What difference does it make if this girl likes K-pop or not. She’s just another girl who found you as an annoying k-pop idol bastard. You have enough problems yourself. There’s no difference at all. Junmei will always be Junmei.

“Hyunseong…”

“Yah! Pabo yah… I still remember that day, the first day we met, when you take me as an arrogant k-pop singer. Do you have any idea how much that disturbed me? Do you???” he asked very seriously.

Junmei didn’t responded, instead just looked at him. Their eyes met.

“My dream is to become a singer. I want to sing songs beautifully that it can touch people’s hearts. But you… You trashed my dreams like you know it or know me. But when I didn’t laugh at your dream… To become a doctor? I thought, that was OK for a normal school kid. But after hearing your interview, seeing you dance like that, you’re not normal after all.”

“Bwoh?” Junmei said surprised by Hyunseong.

Then Hyunseong took a few steps towards Junmei, his cold breath could reach her. He looked down on her and said, “If I asked you to leave, would you leave?”

Junmei, shocked looks up bravely into Hyunseong’s cold dark eyes. When he said that, his voice was piercing into Junmei’s ears. This was all out of the blue for her. “Why all of a sudden?”

Hyunseong laughed. He laughed hysterically sarcastic at her inquiry. “And I was here I thought you say yes. Having second thoughts of leaving Boyfriend? Guess what? I think you have fallen for us.”

“Huh?! No way. Not in my world!”

“Then stop pretending being someone you aren’t. It’s better that way…”

His voice became much smoother when he said that. Junmei was confused who was the real Hyunseong. He can be amusingly annoying or just plain rude but then, he can be purely nice. Like Donghyun and the manager told her before, Hyunseong wasn’t the same person anymore. That’s why she has been observing Hyunseong for a while but all of his actions and words don’t match himself at all. Who was Shin Hyunseong? Boyfriend or not, he had certain charm to attract her to him.

Hyunseong suddenly walked the opposite way she was facing. Towards the party perhaps. “Oh, by the way, I don’t think I hate you.”

Junmei surprised. Was she hearing things right?

“As much I was jealous of you having so much talent and care from others, I don’t want you to leave. Stay, and let us be friends.” He smiled at Junmei.

Friends… Is that all he wanted to say? Thought Junmei… Pabo brickhead.

 

To be continued… Ppyong!

 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N : It's my 5th chapter! Waiii ~ ! To all who subcribed to me, to this fanfic and keep on reading it, Gomawo! *bows* You don't know how much it means to me. How much it inspires me to keep writing this fanfic, when I see more people are subscribing to this story. It makes me very happy! :D

Sorry if this chapter is little confusing and boring. It will make sense if you keep on reading the next chapter and the next. So, thank you again for reading and subscribing. Keep on supporting Boyfriend. Annyeong!