Boy Meets Girl

[DISCONTINUED] Boyfriend Coffee House

It has been said that on 14/3 Sunny Street has a small cute corner Coffee Shop. The brown coated painted walls are decorated with colourful roses and flowers in rectangular pots in front and beside the shop. The Coffee Shop is double-storied with an opened rooftop also made with a balcony for customers to drink and enjoy cake but it’s not everyday we see anybody eat on the rooftop. They say it is reserved for the owners of the café. Who are they? Well, the café is owned by six gorgeous young boys famous in Korea. The newest boy band in South Korea, BoyFriend owns this corner shop and anyone who crosses by this café would be lucky enough to see them hanging out on the rooftop on certain days since they are busy so it is entrusted by the company to ensure its sales. If some people are really lucky, once in a while, these boys will serve this café as waiters and certainly this café will receive a tremendous sale invites. But there is only one condition to entering this café though…

You must be a couple to enter this café… This café is special for those who are in love.

X3

[[Chapter 1 – Boy meets Girl]]

X3

Ho Kan Na sighs looking at famous Coffee Shop known as for the love restricted café only reserved for couples. Sighed in grief she looked at her best friend Kim Jun Mei unsatisfied to why she isn’t any attracted to the café as she is. Why did she end up with a friend without the same interest like her? Tossing her long auburn hair around her back, she said the same old line to Jun Mei.

“I wish I can eat and have a drink in that café too. Don’t you Jun?” quoted Kan Na.

“You said that like a thousand times Kan Na. I don’t,” replied Jun Mei uninterested. “Why don’t you get a boyfriend if you’re desperate?”

That might be the obvious idea to both of them and everybody else if one wants to enter that so call famous café. Unlike Kan Na, Jun Mei doesn’t understand why the café was so famous. She’d be rather at home or at the park; get some studying done or jogging. With her tomboyish look, short chestnut hair, always with a baseball cap on, she is always up for sports and strangers could mistaken her for a boy. But in her school uniform, a mini skirt tells a whole different story about her.

“Oh I would Jun Mei dearest but to think the boys in BoyFriend is so much more eligible to be my boyfriend than all the boys in our school, I rather stay single than to date anyone of them,” explained Kan Na.

Eh…? Jun Mei was tired of listening to this. Almost every girl talks about this café run by the famous BoyFriend at their school and having Kan Na; another huge fan of BoyFriend wasn’t getting any easier for her. But as her bestfriend, she had to deal with it anyway. “What’s so great about this group, ‘BoyFriend’ anyway?” she asked.

“Jun Mei?! Didn’t I already explain it to you already at school?”

“Sure, I was half-conscious to hear it.”

“Well you have to know they all very handsome AND about the exact age as us. The youngest member of the group is only sixteen years old!”

“Sixteen years old?” asked Jun Mei in disbelief. “Kids like that should be in school! What are they doing by singing and dancing all day? For all I know they might not know the importance of proper education.”

“That’s not something nice to say. They go to school Jun Mei. To an Arts Academy; unlike our normal school, the school they go to is special in a way the time they study and preform are well-organized by the laws of the school.”

“Spoiled-rich brats. Being rich and famous makes them high and mighty is it?” Jun Mei murmured under her breath.

“OH! It’s BoyFriend!” wailed a girl from the crowd of people passing by.

“Where? Where?!”

Then in seconds, the front of the café was filled with young girls looking, pointing to the café’s rooftop; also known as the BoyFriend’s hangout spot. As been told, six young and gorgeous boys; the famous boy band ‘BoyFriend’ who owns the café will once in a while will come to this place. Pleasure give to all those who are lucky to see them live leisurely having a break from their busy schedule of live performances and indoor practices. If lucky enough, they will serve are waiters at the café but it’s a very rare occasion.

Jun Mei watched them mindlessly without any thought or throbbing hearts as the rest of the crowd. The six members of the group greet their fans on the roof; smiling and waving at them while the fans were shouting and squealing with excitement. She couldn’t understand how people come to fantasize or falling in love with a pop star.  She came back to sense when suddenly Kan Na tugged her arm.

“Jun Mei, we have to get into that café no matter what,” she said with eyes of determination.

“WHAT?!” surprised out of her mind, Jun Mei wouldn’t agree to this.

X3

 

X3

The next day, Jun Mei and Kan Na dressed up for the infiltrate into the Coffee Shop on Sunny Street. Jun Mei nervously eyed Kan Na wondering what was on her mind during that time. One arm around hers, Kan Na smiled endlessly at the Café where she always had dreamed of having coffee in.

“Why didn’t I think of this before?!” said Kan Na all flushed in pink.

“I wonder…” replied Jun Mei without being supportive.

“Thank goodness my brothers trousers fits you Jun Mei. You really look like a male high school student now,” said Kan Na analysing Jun Mei from top to bottom. With the dark blue navy winter uniform and black pants; borrowed from Kan Na’s older brother who had graduated from High school two years from now made Kan Na so excited seeing her bestfriend looking like a guy. Now her plan might work!

“I don’t know about this Kan Na. It seems like a bad idea.”

“Don’t be silly. You’ve been mistaken as a boy for years now, they won’t even notice!”

“Hush! You’re talking too loud.”

“Come on, let’s go shall we?”

Kan Na pulled Jun Mei by her arm but she didn’t budge. “NO! I still think this is a bad idea. They’ll notice.”

“Omo! I haven’t seen my Jun Mei so nervous before. Where have all your confidence went?”

Jun Mei was irritated but let it pass. “Will this really make you happy?” she asked Kan Na. She nodded. “Then you will stop bugging me to walk with you after school to see this shop?” Kan Na nodded convincingly.

“I promise.” Kan Na made a promise with her right hand up.

Jun Mei was seriously bugged with this. Unlike many girls Korea, she wasn’t the K-Pop fan type. She was more down to earth and realistic about life. K-Pop was a trend to her that she thought that would never fit her but on occasions she will listen to some of their music secretly just to find inspiration for her own music. A secret hobby and sometimes, she had to deal with her group of friends in a dance group collecting dance steps to K-Pop. Jun Mei is just another Korean to deal with the unconditional Korean trend. “Here we go.”

“Welcome to Boyfriend Coffee House. May we seat you please,” a waiter welcomed Kan Na and Jun Mei in front of the shop. They both prayed hardly in their heart that nothing embarrassing will happen that their plan be ruined.

“High School students?” asked the waiter.

“Yes, we are. We have been going out for some time now!” persuaded Kan Na hanging tightly to Jun Mei’s arm looking all lovey-dovey. Jun Mei just kept silent as she doesn’t want to blow any cover.

“May you prove of your love?” asked the waiter.

“Proof?” asked Kan Na. Surprised, Kan Na and Jun Mei didn’t know at all what kind of proof they need to prove their intimacy.

“A kiss maybe?” said the waiter. “A kiss is what most couple do to enter this café. But there are other ways too.”

“Then –“

~Kiss~

Kan Na was surprised to what Jun Mei has done. In a flash, she took Kan Na and gives a light kiss on her forehead.

“Will that do?” asked Jun Mei to the waiter. Kan Na stared mindlessly to her still shocked. The waiter nodded and welcomed them in. Jun Mei escorted Kan Na like a boyfriend would to a table presented by the waiter and were handed a menu.

“Where did that came from Jun Mei?” asked Kan Na.

“Don’t ask. We got in. Are you happy?”

“Thank you,” Kan Na was secretly happy that Jun Mei was her bestfriend. They were in the café thanks to her quick action.

"May I take your order?" asked the waiter.

Kan Na leaned over to Jun Mei covering their conversation with the menu. "I actually wanted to wait until BoyFriend shows up."

"It's long shot possiblity to seem them as you already know," said Jun Mei.

"I don't care. Please say something to stall time," said Kan Na despretly.

Putting down the order, confused and nervous Jun Mei gulped down her nervousness and tried to say something for Kan Na's sake. "We are having trouble ordering, may we have a cup of coffee for a start? Is that okay Kan Na?"

"Umm... No thank you. I'll think it over."

"One coffee is it?" asked the waiter.

"Yes please," answered Jun Mei giving signaling an approval to the waiter making sure he leaves.

"Thanks Jun Mei. I can't thank you enough."

Jun Mei just smiled. She felt this waa enough to make her suffocate. She still can't believe she was doing this, as a guy! She will get Kan Na to pay her back.

X3

 

X3

An hour passed by just like that. Jun Mei and Kan Na was the only couple who ever sayed that long in the coffee shop for the sake to wait for BoyFriend appearance. The other girls wished to stay longer as well but the only thing standing in their way was of cause their own boyfriends who had to coax them to leave the shop with them.

"I feel bad for them," said Kan Na.

"Why? They're the one's who are keeping their boyfriend's from living their life."

"Do you really think that?"

"I'm just saying. Waiting for music idols isn't the only thing worth doing in life," said Jun Mei taking another sip of her coffee and nibble on a piece of frence bread she ordered.

"Jun Mei..."

"Well said there honoured customer," said red head waiter with a smile.

Kan Na's reaction that she'd covered in suprise automatically made Jun Mei turned around to see who the heck Kan Na was gasping for breath for. A tall young man with bright red hair in the cafe's waiter's uniform was standing beside their table.

"It's Dong Hyun oppa~ Anneyong haseyo," said Kan Na happily standing up and bowing to him.

"Anneyong ~" replied Dong Hyun bowing back at her. "Would you like to order something?"

"Oh yes please! Can you get me this and this please?" asked Kan Na excitingly showing Dong Hyun the menu.

Jun Mei sat in the chair; letting out a soft sigh, realing the tention of her nerves and all of a sudden the girls in the cafe were screaming in excitement to see the 5 more waiters coming down from upper level of the shop. She assumed that they were the other members of BoyFriend besides the one taking Kan Na's order. But to her suprise, lots of camera's from outside the shop were also taking pictures of Dong Hyun which made her very ~ uncomfortable.

After ordering, "Kamsanmida," said Kan Na smiling with such sastisfaction.

"I'm one lucky girl," said Kan Na out loud.

Pfft. Was all Jun Mei could say.

Kan Na leaned more forward towards Jun Mei in a very hyper smile on her face, "You still haven't seen the rest of BoyFriend, have you? Let me award you specially to each and everyone of them."

"That is not necessary." Jun Mei looks the other way; distracting herself.

"Okay," Kan Na continues anyway. "The red hair waiter that waited us was Donghyun. He's the hyung of the group so he's also the leader. Those two over there is Jo Kwangmin and Jo Youngmin. They're twins."

Twins?! Damn...

"That baby faced waiter is No Minwoo. He's totally the maknae of the group. He's the most biased member as well since he is a great dancer and rapper. The twins and Minwoo are all 16 years old so they are also called the maknae line."

"Hmph, not interested. Seriously, people are actually biased by younger idols?"

"You don't think that only grandmas and mothers are favouring these people? Sheesh, you really can't be helped. Moving on, Jeongmin is the one at the counter. He's famous for his mellow voice which I like a lot too," said Kan Na.

"So which one is you're favourite Kan Na?"

Kan Na looked around the coffee shop for a few seconds to spot a waiter coming from the back with an order to be served. "Hyunseong..."

Jun Mei took a while to find the direction Kan Na was looking to. When she found her target, he was no more than the other members she was looking at just a while ago. "What? Just because he's tall and has a good figure doesn't make him more of a great singer."

Kan Na stood up abruptly as Hyun Seong was heading through their way with the tray of drinks. Hyun Seong paused his step and looked at Kan Na coolly. Jun Mei could only stay still at her place since she doesn't understand or even know the reason for her friend's sudden action.

Gulp. "Hyun Seong oppa~ I like you so much. Will you go out with me?" asked Kan Na; pledding.

What?! Tought Jun Mei screaming in her mind. The sound of that mind somehow connected with the crowd of customers in the Coffee Shop who questioned with her.

"Are you kidding me? You're a fan, aren't you?" replied Hyun Seong.

Kan Na was surpried by the reply. Of cause she wasn't expecting much but Hyun Seong's reaction was much too straight forward.

"Excuse me..."

Jun Mei stood up and blocked Hyun Seong's way. "Are you kidding me?"

Everyone's attention was now rooted to the three of them.

Jun Mei scoffed. "Is that all you can say? Can't you at least be a little bit nicer to her since she has confessed to you. Are you a jerk or something?"

"Jun Mei..."

"I don't care if you are an idol with millions of fans in the country but that doesn't make you more respected in my account!"

"Jun Mei..."

"I seriously don't get any of you!!!"

"Jun Mei!" shouted Kan Na. "That's enough. Let's go home."

Fueled with anger, Jun mei tossed the tray Hyun Seong was holding to drop everything onto the ground. The drinks spilled all over Hyun Seong's uniform, the cups and glasses smashed on the floor leaving the shop in a mess. Jun Mei and Kan Na left the shop immediatly.

Jeong Min rushed over to Hyun Seong with a clean towel. "Are you all right?"  He helped him by wiping the stain off his shirt. Hyun Seong was still in shock.

"What just happened?" asked Min Woo, shocked; evenly worried.

Kwang Min could only stare at the little guy but he couldn't hide his worried side as well.

Dong Hyun quickly ran over to Hyun Seong. "Hyun Seong ah~ Why don't you take a break. You don't even need to force yourself to work either."

Hyun Seong threw the towel Jeong Min gave him; his temper onto the floor and left the coffee shop through the back door. The customers in the shop couldn't say anything but there were mumbling, some were even with cellphone and cameras in their hand. Twittering, messaging. This was a sign.

"Hyung, this is bad..." said Young Min from behind Dong Hyun ready with a mop -cleaning the mess.

"I know..."

"What should we do? We didn't expected this..." said Jeong Min. "The guy who scolded Hyun Seong was weird enough."

"I'll speak with the director soon... All may return to their posts," said Dong Hyun feeling a bit disappointed. He wasn't sure what to do next. Will something like this ruin their image more? Something BoyFriend would like to repair as soon as possible. They had a lot of pressure as it is.

Hyun Seong wasn't the same person as they have all known...

 

To be continued.... Ppyong!