006: The Beginning

Promise (약속) ~ JYP New Girl Group ~ Story: Start!

Promise releases yet another teaser + to release MV teaser soon

January 5, 2014 @ 11:54 am  
 
large.png
               
 

JYP Entertainment and Promise are giving it away!

 

SEE ALSO: Wonder Girls' Lim and Subin send encouraging messages to Promise through SNS

 

 

 Today fans woke up to another teaser of Promise's much awaited debut! This set of pictures were all released separately by JYPEnt. in their webpage. Each image had the name of a member and the number of the take. The images were released around 3:00 a.m and were under the name "Promise: Take 2", which could mean that this is the second set of teasers they release.

 

 By the pictures, we are getting an idea as of why this could be a rated video  as the girls are showing sensual poses and red seems to be the iconic color of the MV. But we don't know, it could be that only the teasers are rated like this, or that the MV is indeed in need to be rated. 

 

We don't know, but we are sure excited over this! Stay tuned for more updates on Promise! 


 

 The nine members of Promise bowed and introduced themselves to the members of the staff for the filming of the music video. Immediately after they did, coordinators and stylist moved over to them like a swarm. The members were divided into two groups, one would get their concept clothes on first, while the others would get their makeup and hair done. Rose, MinJoo, Alice and Ji-Eun, went to make their makeup while Haneul, Daya, HaeJin and AeBi put the first set of outfits on. Lia would be the last to get ready for the first section of the filming, seeing that she had to talk to the director, so that she could receive the whole schedule and pass it through the rest of the members.

 

They were in a great mood, last night they got the visit of JYP and ate very well with them. They had gotten closer to the members of Got7, who promised that they would see them sooner than expected. They had all left by twelve, after helping cleaning everything up and Promise was already up and running by four. But they didn't feel tired, at all. Most of them slept until they were woken up to take their shower and have some breakfast, once they were out of their apartment, they slept their way to the set. The excitement over the filming of their MV flooding the studio and infecting various staff members. 

 

 Ji-Eun put her earphones in, closing her eyes and listened to their debut song while her makeup was getting done by two makeup artists. She smiled as her part came, she fully understanding the lyrics and how well they could relate to her life right now. The song, she could say, was perfect, and every member supported that statement. The lines were divided fairly, every member got to choose what they wanted to sing, except for Rose. That one wanted to sing a line that implied ual arousal and Daya took it from her, for security reasons. But besides that, everyone was happy with their lines, especially Ji-Eun. Her lines spoke of how with that boy every day felt new, and about how being together would help them get through everything. And she could personally say, by her relationship, that her partner was indeed helping her get through everything.

 

 She could feel the makeup brushes against her skin, every of it covering any imperfection on her skin with very light makeup and while one stylist dealt with concealing away imperfections, the other worked in her eyes. Ji-Eun knew that she wouldn't take much time with her makeup because she was one that took great care of her skin. She felt one of her earphones being pulled out and the stylist ordered her to open her eyes, which she did and eyeliner was the next thing to be applied. While the eyeliner was being gently brushed against her waterline, the tone of a new message went off through the earphone. She smiled, knowing by who the message was sent, wanting for the stylist to be done, so she could read it.  

 

 About twenty minutes later, she was standing up from the chair with her makeup and hair done. They had pulled her hair up into a ponytail, not letting a single strand escape the high up-do. They had also applied very light coat of pink tint to her lips, a thin line of eyeliner and made sure her nails could pass the inspection of a close-up camera. She stepped away from the chair and was soon replaced by Lia, who spoke orders while she got her makeup done. Ji-Eun couldn't really listen to her, she put her earphones away and unlocked her phone's screen. She bit hard on her lip as she had successfully guessed who had messaged her, and was not surprised to see it was more than one message. Since she had slept most of the way to the studio, she hadn't seen any of the previous messages.

 

From:  My Angelic Prince 

6:00 a.m

hey, babe!!! how did you sleep, my princess? <3

i'm about to go since i have filming today. 

like you, isn't it exciting!? :)

but before i do go, i had to sent you a message!

before you get in front of that camera

you must know that you are beautiful and 

the best main vocal any group could have, my gorgeous.

 

From:  My Angelic Prince

6:16 a.m

remember that i love you and that nothing can go wrong

as long as you are trying your best. i love you, my angelic princess,

do call me if you need anything. MORE IF YOU NEED SOME..."WILD RELEASE" ㅋㅋㅋ

^ my offer, right there

 

From:  My Angelic Prince

6: 28 a.m

some pun was intended there

i'm kidding, babe. best of luck...but please consider my offer. 

this message is probably too long...oh well. 

i miss you so much, princess. love ya~

~your very own and favorite pocketful of sunshine

 

 Ji-Eun's smile gradually grew as she read the messages, biting on her lip and sighing in content. Not a single day, or morning, could pass without a message from her best friend. He was quite proficient at making every single day of her life better, it didn't matter what happened, as long as Kevin Woo had a cameo in her day, it ended as another good and very joyful day. He had helped her get through her training hardships, even pulled some strings for her JYP audition, which he knew he shouldn't do, but he would do anything for her. He had even helped her in her now fluent Korean, and she simply couldn't be more thankful...or in love.

 

 Her cheeks would turn red at every single one of the nicknames he had for her, but they were both English speakers and raised between the comfort and skinship of great countries such as America and Canada. The nicknames could have a special meaning, or he could just be calling all of his girl friends like that. A small fire burned in her chest, making an uncomfortable feeling grow in it, and it could be called jealousy. Jealousy burned within her at the thought of Kevin doing...anything with another girl. She knew she had to be mature and get her hormones under control! But it was so hard, where on earth she would find another Kevin Woo? Who would go as far as writing his phone number and little hearts into an album, totally ignoring his other fellow members' autographs? Yet, there was also that other thing; was Kevin ever interested in her romantically? She didn't know, she thought that the chance of that happening extinguished the moment...she couldn't even really point to a specific moment, but it was that. 

 

 She locked her phone's screen off, and placed it on an empty chair against the wall. The manager of the group, a man on his late thirties, quickly moved to gather it as he had taken all of the members' phones to avoid distractions during the filming. Ji-Eun still, she walked towards a costume coordinator and was handed her own concept clothes. Her concept clothes consisted of formal pants and a blazer, under the blazer, a black low v-cut shirt. Along with some accessories, she would look good, and she knew it. She would thank the amazing coordinators later, she thought as she walked into a small changing room to get dressed. 

 

 The coordinators smiled in pride when they saw all the members ready-to-go, eyeing their clothes and makeup with a critic's stone heart. The looked from the youngest to the eldest, from the most covered to the most revealing set of clothes, trying to make sure everything was in place and perfect for the girls to show off her perfect figures. All members' clothes were specially designed for them: to hide the ugly, boast the beauty, and boost confidence. They went for the mature and feminine concept, which meant they had to be y, but the coordinators would make sure these girls weren't thrown into the world looking like cheap and hungry for fame-rookies. They walked around the nine girls, who stood in a line, ready for their judgment with patience-filled minds. 

 

  "Your heights range from 158 to 175cm, so this will be quite hard." The photographer spoke, taking his camera into his hands, an assistant holding a paper for him to read while he fixed the camera's lenses. He looked from the members to the paper again and hummed in appreciation before starting to direct the photo shoot.

 

"Okay, you will stand in this order: AeBi, Da-Xia and Haneul. Alice, MinJoo and Lia. Finishing with Ji-Eun, Rose, and HaeJin." He instructed to the girls, who quickly complied taking the given order and looking at him for further instructions. Haneul's heart was hammering against her rib cage, she had to admit, she never thought this day would come. Standing there between the other members, with gigantic light reflectors pointed towards them, it still felt unreal. She curled up her fists and took a deep breath, knowing she shouldn't be feeling so nervous over a photo shoot, but it was her first photo shoot. Those pictures would be the first thing people saw of her, she wanted it to be perfect, yet... She could doubt herself, and she would do it. 

 

 How could the rest of the members seem so peaceful in such a crucial moment? She asked herself that, and a small voice in her head answered. Maybe she was meant to feel at ease too, but that there must something wrong with her. What would her mother say about the picture when it came out? She shook her head, not letting her insecurities get the best of her, and gearing herself up with courage. If she was there, it meant she was chosen, that someone believed in her, and that she indeed deserved it. This was her dream, it was in her hands, and she could do it. She would do it.

 

 "Now, AeBi, HaeJin, Haneul, MinJoo and Alice, try to stand straight. Your poses are all about your arms, try to not bend your legs because that will make you seem smaller, and you are all already small. MinJoo, you need to be extra careful with your pose, you have the center this time because of your height, try to seem taller and it may be hard because you have Lia at your side but work with it." He ordered, the members immediately starting to experiment with poses, some peeking at the pose of another member to get an idea of what to do.

 

"Lia, Rose, Daya and Ji-Eun, you have more liberty with your poses which means that we want you to make this pictures interesting. Use each other, your legs, arms, anything you can. In other words, seduce the camera." Lia nodded, and looked around at the other members. She needed to make sure none of the members had any doubt, since time was precious and she saw that most of the members were already picking their poses, she started looking for her own.

 

 Daya quickly found her pose, bending one of her knees and creating a perfect triangle as she touched the floor with only the tip of her shoe. Her hand went to the button of her blazer, while the other hanged freely at her side and that was her pose. Besides her, AeBi stood, and her pose was quite different. Despite what she was instructed, she stood with her legs set slightly apart, chin up and her arm up but bent, the back of her hand on her forehead as she attempted to look y yet melancholic to the camera. She knew her way around a camera, and she may have had received a few tips from certain people from the YG.

 

 Seduction was something that came easy for MinJoo, she didn't even need her arms for it. Years of teasing, and secretly lusting over Kwangmin came useful. She bit lightly on her bottom lip and leaned slightly forward, her eyes glaring the camera as she raised her chin. She also needed to be extremely careful, since she knew that having the center of the picture was something very important to other members, she made sure to use the spot well without abusing of it. One of her hands went to the tie that hung from her neck and she pulled gently on it, while the other rested on her hip.

 

 Alice had no difficulty, in fact, she was the first to find her pose. Since she had to watch out for her height, she crossed one leg over the other and grabbed the flaps of her jacket, tilting her head slightly to the side and looking right at the camera. Her pose left her standing at the same height as both ends of the line, seeing she shared the same height with them, she used them as her guide.

 

 Opposing her, stood Lia, who struggled for quite a while, but in the end was able to strike a pose. Her pose consisted of slightly turning to her side, her hands went to the pockets of her blazer and she put her chin down. Her legs slightly apart, she brushed her head behind her ear, making sure none of it covered her face, and she was pretty much done.

 

 The other end of the line, the one composed by Ji-Eun, Rose and HaeJin, took in between their hands to connect their poses. HaeJin served as support for Rose, as the Maknae tried a bolder pose. HaeJin looked at the camera as she pretended to brush a curl away from her face, her other hand going down and hooking herself to her pants while using only her thumb. She only bent one of her knees, so she was still using her 162cm of height completely.

 

 Ji-Eun's pose was quite simple, turning her body to slightly face her leader, her crossing one arm over her stomach and using it as support for her other arm, a finger under her chin as she glared towards the camera. Rose's pose slightly defied gravity; standing on only one foot, upper body slightly tilted to the side as she tried to keep balance. Hands on her hips and head facing forward, yet her eyes looked at the camera.

 

 After three minutes, all of the members had came up with their own poses and the first flash of the camera burned a permanent mark into their memories. After every single flash, they were given seconds to slightly change their pose and fifteen minutes later, they had their perfect shot.


Author's Note: Well, needless to say it took me some time to come up with this chapter. In the next chapter, there will be some Got7, slight Got7. I hope you enjoyed this, I also hope that I mentioned all of the members, and if I didn't, I am so sorry. Comment away~