012: We are the Promise III

Promise (약속) ~ JYP New Girl Group ~ Story: Start!

[Giveaway] Autographed items from Promise's Showcase including Special Edition "Second Chance" Album!

January 20, 2015 @ 11:40 pm  
 
 
               HNWcMfm.png
 
 

allkpop got all the right goodies from the Showcase for you!

 

SEE ALSO: [Album Review] Promise -  Special Edition 'Second Chance'

 

Sign up for allkpop newsletter today and get 9 chances to win a Special Edition autographed Promise album where you can get a complete view of the idol group's style as well as the awesome tracks inside. Along with the Album, you would be getting an official Promise hoodie, worn by the group members!

 

It just takes a few seconds for you to type in your email address in the newsletter box right below our article to get your very own allkpop newsletter, which includes the latest K-Pop news as well as all MV and music releases.  We'll keep you updated on when the winners are announced!

 

And in case you missed it, check out Promise's debut MV for "Wild" below.

 


 

        The members hurried up to the stage again, hearing their MCs calling for them from the stage in a playful manner. Kara's YoungJi and Jackson from Got7, dressed in matching teal-colored outfits, holding microphones with their names on them, were the MCs, much to Rose's disdain. All fixing their new outfits and hairstyles while they ran beneath the stage, trying to not bump their heads into any poles or wood around. It was dark beneath the stage, so their manager was walking in front of them with a flash light, leading them through the darkness to a door in the front of the stage. 

"Where could they be, Jackson-ssi?" They heard YoungJi ask and soon after they heard Jackson hum into the microphone as if he was thinking. Rose rolled her eyes internally, her grip on her microphone tightening as she tried to distract herself from the little turmoil of feelings rising up from her stomach. 

"I don't know, YoungJi-ah. Do you think that if the fans called, they would appear?" He asked, crossing his arm over his chest and looking over at the audience, who responded with yells and screams of excitement. "Should we try it? Can you do it, guys? Scream: Promise, get in here!" He said, waiting a few seconds before he extended his arm towards the audience, holding his microphone. 

"Promise, get in here!" That was their cue, their manager pushed the door open and they slowly poured out just as the music started. 

"This is it. This is Promise's Female President!" YoungJi yelled from the stage before she and Jackson disappeared again, leaving the debuting group to do their presentation. Dressed in dazzling red stage outfits composed of long high-waisted pants, suit jackets and neckties, along with white tank tops that were beneath the suit jackets. They were going for an official look as business women, but y business women. 

  These outfits, unlike the others they normally wore, weren't much different from each other. What set them apart was their hairstyle and makeup, which were widely varied thanks to their very different looks and features. Some wore high ponytails, some side ponytails, low side-ponytail; some wore their hair free, curls, loose waves or just completely straight. They wanted to showcase their individuality and style through their personal concepts, and for now? They were pulling it off in a magnificent way.

  The lights were pointed at them, standing at audience level in front of the stage in a perfect line, which made the audience erupt in cheers. MinJoo, Alice and AeBi stood in the middle of the group, MinJoo stepping forward to sing her part and dance along with the other two members while the rest of the members stayed still, waiting until they were all needed.

  MinJoo smiled, placing her hand on her lower stomach as it was required for the choreography. She shook her hips, her voice incredibly stable as she held the microphone at a reasonable distance, letting her shaky voice not be noticed by the audience. It was not that she was nervous or anything, it was just that the specific dance moves being used at the moment strained her voice quite hard. She winked at a camera when she saw it get near before focusing back on the audience, who were in an euphoric state screaming her name. 

  When MinJoo was done, she smoothly moved backward, letting AeBi sing her small line before Daya sang from besides Alice, who was opposing AeBi. Behind Daya, danced Ji-Eun, dancing the same choreography but with her back to the public while the eldest sang, stopping when she heard Daya finish and AeBi start again. She slowly turned, using the stairs at the side of the stage to slowly climb on it, leaving only the member in the floor while the rest of the members moved up the stage.

 [MinJoo] Neol saranghandago malhaebeorilkka sipeo
ireoke maeil gaseumapa apa
[AeBi] Apa 
apa apa apa 

[Daya] Geureonde wae irae ni apeman seomyeon jagajyeo
beoryeo amugeotdo anin aegigata aegigata
[AeBi] 
Oh oh oh oh 

  Lia smiled in a flirty manner, shooting the camera with her fingers and using the same gesture to point to her head. She was very good at using the lyrics of her song to create her movements on spot. Taking a deep breath before she paused her movements, allowing her prolonged high note out. At the note, the members started dancing on stage behind her, letting her join them while the audience was distracted by the dancing members.

  Ace smiled, one hand on her waist and the other holding the microphone while she sang, leaving the choreography to the members around her as she couldn't really clap or keep up while singing this specific song. She followed as best she could by doing part of the dance with her legs, before she allowed herself to dance with the rest, having Alice sing her lines.

[Lia] Neoman saenggakhamyeon naneun maeumi joha
Nuneul tteul su eobseo~ Oh! [
HopefulsNun. Eul. Tteo. Yo!

[Ace] Come on! Just do it this, yo!
Nareul ttara haebwa ireoke

 ​  Alice too, couldn't both dance and sing at the same time with this song, the choreography would make her voice too weak and shaky. Since she couldn't dance it well, she just charmed the audience with her signature expression and mannerisms while half-following through the dance. She got good reactions, which made a bright smile appear on her lips as she lowered her microphone, joining the rest of the members with the dance.

  Rose and Ji-Eun stood at opposite ends now, both in the corners of the formation, so the both stepped forward and sang. They followed with the choreography flawlessly, also flaunting their vocal abilities while the other seven members formed a vertical line on stage. Haneul took the center, raising her microphone before she took a deep breath before she started to rap.

[Alice] Come on, come on. Oh oh oh.
Come on, come on. 
Oh oh oh.

[Rose] Niga meonjeo dagaga [HopefulsGa! [Rose] Sarang handa mareul hae [HopefulsHae!
[Angel] Ije geuraedo dwae [HopefulsDwae! [Angel] Niga meonjeo sijakhae~

   Haneul followed with the choreography, even when she didn't move from her spot in the front and center of the stage. The hand on her waist tightening as the members behind her stopped moving. Rose was now at her side, a step forward and to the side to not get on her way as she continued with her lines and dance.

  Once the rapper was finished, Rose raised her microphone, her other hand in the back of her neck as she danced with the rest of the members. Step, step, step, put microphone down and slide from side to side while Lia continued with her own line. The leader smoothly followed, stopping for only a second to allow a steady high note out. The line slowly became perfectly horizontal, facing the audience while they waited for Angel's voice.

[Sky] Urinara daetongnyeongdo ije yeojabunisinde
mwoga geureoke simgakhae 
wae andwae
Yeojaga meonjeo kiseu hamyeon japhyeoganeungeonga? [HopefulsOh!

[Rose] Geu aeege dagaga [HopefulsGa! [Rose] Niga meonjeo kiseuhae [HopefulsHae!
[Lia] Ije geuraedo dwae [HopefulsDwae! [Lia] Niga meonjeo sijakhae~

  Angel was now in the center of the line, raising her hand over her head as she danced along with the rest of the members, her voice gracing the speakers and the audience's ears. She smiled as she pulled the microphone away, immediately turning around to do their gumiho dance, the long back flaps of their suits allowing them to do so. MinJoo stood at the end of the line, while the other eight members had their back to the public, she winked before raising a hand behind her head and taking a deep breath.

  They all began shaking their hips in perfect sync, the back flaps of their jackets shaking along with them to simulate a tail. Promise moved their bodies, both hands were behind their heads and their hips shaking with confidence that drove the audience wild. Somewhere along MinJoo's line, they all turned and joined her while facing the audience until the beat of the song changed and they broke their line.

[Angel] Ijen geuraedo dwae~ [Hopefuls] Pro-Mi-Su~Jjang! [Angel] Oh oh~
[MinJoo] Ttarattarattattarattara 
Ttarattarattattarattara Ttarattarattattarattara Ttarattarattattarattara

  They readjusted their formation, Rose and AeBi dancing while Rose faced the public and AeBi had her back to them. Rose danced with delicacy, maintaining her voice steady while flirting with a camera that passed by the stage. Once she was done, she turned around and AeBi took her place in the front. AeBi raised her microphone when Rose finished, making a small small gesture with her finger as she moved across the stage with Rose and Lia as her shadows. Her very tall and slender shadows. 

  Angel was now in the center of the stage, Daya and Haneul danced at her sides while the vocalist flirted with the audience. She raised her hand in the air, her voice raising too with a powerful note as they all walked forward to join the other members.

[Rose] Neol johahandago gobaekhaebolkka sipeo
 Neo ttaeme ontong meorissogi
[AeBi] Eojil 
eojil eojil eojil 

[Angel] Neoman barabomyeon jakku useumi nawa
Nogeulgeotman gata~ [
HopefulsNog. A. Nae. Ryeo!

 Ace grinned, her cheeks burning red when she heard her name be screamed rather clearly. She cleared , raising her microphone as she danced along with the other members before she allowed her voice to be heard. This specific song and choreography had a lot of jumping and high notes, so by this point most of them were struggling to keep their voices steady and Ace wasn't the exception. She was also holding one of her hands above her head which by biological reasons, made her pulse rise and feel even more breathless.

 She still continued to do her best up until the moment she slid away from the spotlight which Alice quickly took. Alice smiled, holding her microphone with both hands while the rest of the members clapped for the choreography. Her smile slowly grew when she heard the fans over her own voice, their support making her momentarily forget the pain on her feet from the heels and how breathless she felt. 

 When Alice's lines were over, Rose smiled from the end of the line, repeating the dance moves from her previous lines as she sang. Step, step, step, slide to the side, now to the other side and lower the microphone because it was Lia's turn. Lia also repeated the dance moves from the first half of the song, overflowing with charms and her vocal abilities as she had managed to keep herself from going breathless.

[Ace] Come on! Just do this, yo!
Nareul ttara haebwa ireoke

[Alice] Come on, come on. Oh oh oh.
Come on, come on. Oh oh oh.

[Rose] Niga meonjeo dagaga [HopefulsGa! [Rose] Sarang handa mareul hae [HopefulsHae!
[Lia] Ije geuraedo dwae [HopefulsDwae! [Lia] Niga meonjeo sijakhae~

 Sky held one of her hands on her forehead, saluting the audience as she rapped her lines. She winked, lowering her hand and placing it on her waist to follow up with the choreography as soon as she was done with her lines. She heard their fans yell a fanchant and she giggled shyly, sliding away from the center for Rose. 

 Rose walked forward, MinJoo and Angel at her sides and they danced while she sang her lungs out along with the fans. Her eyes moved across the audience, reading signs and seeing faces that she hoped she would never forget. When she was done, both MinJoo and her crouched down, allowing Angel to take the spotlight and control over the audience. 

 Angel allowed a bright smile over her lips, calmly taking a few steps forward while the rest of the members danced around the stage and sang wholeheartedly. She moved with impeccable finesse in her every move and her expressions not falling behind; having recalled to maintain them under strict control. Her smile disappeared soon enough when she stopped moving, raising her hand above her head to let her powerful high note out.

[Sky] Urinara daetongnyeongdo ije yeojabunisinde
mwoga geureoke sosimhae 
wae anhae
Yeojaga meonjeo kiseu hamyeon japhyeoganeungeonga? [HopefulsOh!

[Rose] Geuaeege dagaga [HopefulsGa! [Rose] Niga meonjeo kiseuhae [HopefulsHae!
[Angel] Ije geuraedo dwae [HopefulsDwae! [Angel] Niga meonjeo sijakhae~ Oh oh~

  MinJoo slid to the center, a hand behind her head while she kept her microphone steady by with the other. She took a deep breath, shaking her hips with a unique confidence only she would pull off. She took small quick breaths, trying to keep up without having her voice give out in the middle of her lines because that would have been very embarrassing. Thankfully, it was her turn to turn around while the rest of the members turned to face the audience and it gave her the break she needed to breath. 

  When MinJoo's part was over, they all walked around the stage and divided themselves into three groups. Angel stood with Lia and Rose, they following her movements effortlessly with a smile on their faces while Angel sang. The white spotlight on them while the rest of the stage was dark, giving them complete and absolute attention from the audience. It also gave the other members time to recover before the lights turned back on.

  When Angel finished, Lia and Rose flashed poses along with her, staying in the pose while waiting for their cue. The three of them watched from their positions in the middle of the stage to the side, where Daya stood with MinJoo and Alice. MinJoo and Alice had their backs to the public, dancing to Daya's voice gracefully before turning around and flashing a pose as the line came to an end. 

  Daya struggled to hear herself over her poorly configured earpiece which caused her expression to harden in annoyance but she quickly recovered, letting a seductive smile on her lips in hopes to make up for her mishap. She posed along with MinJoo and Alice, the lights on the opposite side of he stage lighting up to reveal AeBi, Sky and Ace.

  AeBi raised her hand and stood still while Sky and Ace danced around her, she pushed the earpiece deeper into her ear - struggling to hear herself. Despite the difficulties, she continued to smile and winked at a camera that flew over the stage. To finish the of the song, they all turned around and let Lia take the spotlight from the center of the stage with a clean and extended high note.

 

[MinJoo] Ttarattarattattarattara Ttarattarattattarattara Ttarattarattattarattara Ttarattarattattarattara

[Angel] Geokjeonghajima hagosipeundaero hae
[Daya] Nan neoui modeungeol da gatgo malgesseo
[AeBi] Neol sagwijago hallae neol johahanda hallae
[Lia] Neol saranghallae ije~

  Exactly a second before Lia finished, Ace went to stand behind her while AeBi took the place in front of her to give her time to recover her breath. AeBi smiled again, raising her microphone and seductively speaking into it while dancing with the rest of the members. She smiled one last time, sliding to the side with Lia to uncover Ace. 

   Ace took a single step forward, her hand on her hip as she fiercely kicked a leg towards the air and smirked. This was after the of the song, so the choreography and lyrics changed quite a lot. They still kept their sophisticated aura about them as they shook their hips and punched the air together in perfect sync. Everyone moved around her, taking new positions all over the stage so that Alice was in the center of the group.

   Alice ran a hand down her side in a seductive way, her other hand keeping the microphone steady as she shook her hips. She flipped her hair to the side each time the oh-oh-oh part came. She smiled before jumping, everyone moving around the stage however they pleased without covering Rose, Lia, Angel and Sky, who kept themselves grounded in the middle of them. 

[AeBi] Come on! Like this

[Ace] Come on! Just do this, yo!
Niga meonjeo hae jom dareuge

[Alice] Come on, come on. Oh oh oh.
Come on, come oh. Oh oh oh.

   Rose and Lia stood with Angel and Sky, the first two busily singing while the other two playfully mouthed the lyrics. The main vocalist and rapper smiled, waving at the crowd until it was their turn. Angel raised her microphone and covered her ear with a hand, taking a quick deep breath before exhaling a high note. She slowly turned her face away as she ran out of air and her face became deep red, dragging her note out beautifully until it was no longer possible.

 Sky was rapping over Angel's high notes, the rest of the members relocating themselves around the stage to finish the song.

[Rose] Niga meonjeo dagaga [HopefulsGa! [Rose] Naekkeorago mareul hae [HopefulsHae!
[Lia] Ije geuraedo dwae [HopefulsDwae! [Lia] Niga meonjeo sijakhae~ [Angel] Oh~ Oh oh~

[Sky] Urinara daetongnyeongdo ije
Yeojabunisinde mwoga geureoke simgakhae

Wae andwae yeojaga meonjeo kiseuhamyeon japhyeoganeungeonga?

   All nine members placed their hands on their thin waists, walking forward and forming a straight line while Rose and Angel sang. They danced sensually as the vocal line finished the song for them. They smiled and charmed the audience until the last second of the song. They finished while saluting the audience, bright smiles on their face as the stage slowly turned off it's stage effects and the normal lighting came on.

[Rose] Geu aeege dagaga [HopefulsGa! [Rose] Niga meonjeo kiseuhae [HopefulsHae!
[Angel] Ije geuraedo dwae [HopefulsDwae! [Angel] Niga meonjeo sijakhae~
[Lia] Ijen geuraedo dwae~ Oh oh~

  Jackson and YoungJi returned shortly after the song was finished and now they were all sitting on stage in a line. The MCs sat at each end of the line, their sides facing the audience so that they could look at members while the spoke. The sitting arrangements put Rose into an awkward position, she sat besides YoungJi and was constantly exchanging glances with her. While YoungJi gave her bright smiles and gentle nods each time, Rose believed that she wasn't really able to muster a sincere smile at the moment.

 She sighed softly and glanced to the other side, where Jackson was looking at YoungJi while she spoke.

"That was a great performance and dance! Is it true that you composed the song by yourselves?" YoungJi asked, looking at all the members before Lia raised her microphone. She smiled shyly, looking across the audience before answering.

"We wish we could all the take credit for Female President, but the truth is that only Ace and Sky composed it along with our label's producers and compositors. It was one of the last songs added to our album, but the one of the first we used to rehearse as Promise." She said, keeping in mind that her answer couldn't take more than ten seconds or less than five, she smiled and placed her microphone down on her lap, looking at YoungJi as she looked through the members, trying to find HaeJin or Haneul. 

"I'm Sky." The rapped said, raising her hand and smiling gently at her senior. HaeJin, who sat besides Jackson waved at her. "Ace here." YoungJi giggled shyly and bowed in apology to them.

"So you guys wrote the song?" YoungJi asked, switching her cards with some difficulty as she was also holding her microphone. Jackson looked at Rose and made a gesture for her to help YoungJi, she just blinked and cleared , glancing around while her big sisters and senior/rival talked. 

"Ace-unni and myself have been taking some composition classes and Female President came to be one of our assignments. Yeah..." She felt awkward while talking, she giggled nervously and covered her eyes. She heard the audience laugh and her cheeks became red, AeBi fanned her face with her hands, laughing at her. 

"She's the cutest, isn't she?" A man said as he hid behind a small hand fan with Sky's face on it. His eyes were focused on the main rapper, her bright smile bringing a sad one to his own lips.

  Memories came back to haunt him, they were beautiful memories to be truthful, up until their last memory together. In this particular memory, he was holding her hand while she got her ankle's tattoo. Her eyes were filled with tears and it was not because of the pain the needles were giving her.

  They had broken up and they swore that was their last moment together. After her tattoo was done: he helped her up, covered her shoulders with a jacket, helped her put on her shoes and straightened his back. She watched him quietly and when he straightened his back, she stood on her toes and kissed his lips one last time before turning and walking away.

"Goodbye, Christian..." She whispered as she pushed the door of the tattoo parlor open and walked out. She didn't look back at him, she just held her chin up high and wiped her tears away. 

Goodbye, my first love...

  It was painful to remember but a smile took over his lips instead, she was laughing and smiling now. She laughed and smiled while on stage, that was her dream; being on stage, so he would laugh and smile while he watched her from the audience, not as a senior but as her first love.

  The interview segment flew by them very quickly, they shared a rather intimate moment with the audience when Ace broke down at the mention of her parents. They were encouraging, chanting for her to not cry while the main dancer was shielded from cameras by the other members while Sky and Lia took care of her. Jackson and YoungJi could only watch from the corner of the stage with apologetic expressions, the manager had mixed up the cards and gave Ace the question that brought tears to her eyes.

  The nine members where now dispersed across the stage, all standing in different stances and poses, lights slowly becoming softer around them as A Little More started playing all over the theater through the speakers. The song turned out to be a fan favorite from their album, so at the familiar melody and beat, the fans cheered loudly until it was time for Angel to sing. 

  Angel raised her head and microphone, taking a deep breath before letting her soft and gentle voice out. This song also was a favorite among the Promise members, it was soft and melodious and it was one of the songs that allowed their voices to blend with each other's beautifully. She sang with a raspy voice, wanting the feel of the song to be clearly passed through this performance since this would probably be performed only once.

 With those thoughts on mind, everyone sang whole-heartedly and stubbornly even when they were told to lip-sync for this song.

[Angel] Chwihaebeorin cheong seodureuji ma
[Rose] Bukkeureoun cheong mangseoriji ma dagawa

[MinJoo] Nareul barabwa [Ace] Kkumeul kkudeunni
[MinJoo] Naege deureowa [Ace] Chumeul chudeunni
[Lia] Nuneul gamgo slowly
Noga deureoga ije

[AeBi/Daya] Baby touch my body
 Neowa naui Party [Rose] Nareul anabwa
[AeBi/Daya] Baby rock my body
Tteollim hanakkaji [Angel] Nareul neukkyeobwa

[Alice] Deo Ah Ha
[Alice] Jogeum deo Ha Ha Ha
[Angel] Neomu sarangseureoun geudae
Soksangnyeo jwo naege
[Alice] Deo Ah Ha
[Alice] Jogeum deo Ha Ha Ha
[Angel] Neoui dalkomhan achimi ol ttaekkaji

[Sky] Swil teumi eopji Huh
Tteollineun ne nunbit
I’m having fun with you (You)
Now it’s just me and you (You)
[Angel/Sky] Jeo haneul arae nan neomaneul saranghae Uh
[Sky] Kkwang anajwo naege neol gareuchyeojwo

[MinJoo] Nareul barabwa [Ace] Kkumeul kkudeunni
[MinJoo] Naege deureowa [Ace] Chumeul chudeunni
[Lia] Meomchuji malgo deeply ppajyeo deureoga ije

[Daya/AeBi] Baby touch my body
Neowa naui Party [Rose] Nareul anabwa (Nareul anabwa)
[Daya/AeBi] Baby rock my body
Tteollim hanakkaji [Angel] Nareul neukkyeobwa
[Alice] Deo Ah Ha
 Jogeum deo Ha Ha Ha
[Angel] Neomu sarangseureoun geudae
Soksangnyeo jwo naege
[Alice] Deo Ah Ha
Jogeum deo Ha Ha Ha
[Angel] Neoui dalkomhan achimi ol ttaekkaji

[Lia] Amu maldo haji ma deureo bwa
Nae maeulmi (Maeulmi)
[Angel] Meomchuryeo haji ma
Gidaryeowatdeon i bam
You’re always on my mind Oh Yeah~

[Daya/AeBi] Baby touch my body
Neowa naui Party [Rose] Nareul anabwa [Angel] Nareul anabwa~
[Daya] Baby rock my body* [Angel] Nabwa nabwa~
[Daya/AeBi] Tteollim hanakkaji [Angel] Tteollim hanakkaji Yeah~ Oh~ Oh~[Lia] Nareul neukkyeobwa
[Alice] Deo Ah Ha
Jogeum deo Ha Ha Ha
[Lia] Neomu sarangseureoun geudae
Soksangnyeo jwo naege
[Alice] Deo Ah Ha
[Alice] Jogeum deo Ha Ha Ha
[Angel] Neoui dalkomhan achimi ol ttaekkaji

  Everyone lowered their microphones and smiled, waving to the cheering audience as the lights -out on them fully. They moved quickly and met Jackson and YoungJi half-way, they were running inside the stage while the girls escaped. They had no time to waste and Jackson knew it, but he managed to grab Rose's hand and give it a squeeze as they walked past each other in the darkness. Rose stopped and allowed her eyes to widen when she looked down at their hands. He squeezed her soft hand gently and smiled, letting his eyes tell her how proud he was of her, and even when she was a little annoyed with him, he loved her beyond everything. 

  Rose caught up with the rests of the members behind the stage, the stylists helping them into their clothing while the makeup artists hurriedly fixed their makeup as they could. Rose quickly found her own stylist and stripped herself of the pants and jacket. She was helped by her stylist into black leather shorts, fixing her camisole shirt which she had been wearing under the jacket from her previous performance. She helped herself with the golden accessories as her stylist fixed the laces on her boots which had been undone for a while and thankfully, Rose noticed in the beginning of Female President and avoided falling by dancing with caution.

"I'm missing an earring!" Alice panicked as her stylist fixed her bangs into place and applied red lip-tint to her lips. Daya looked around the whole room for the earring but wasn't able to find it, so Alice was forced to change earrings. She changed her clothing and was hurried over to Angel, who was supposed to help her warm up before they hit the stage.

  Angel was busy warming up while her earpiece and microphone were fixed, her clothing having changed into red shorts and an oversized cream colored shirt. AeBi was given a granola bar by the manager as a stylist fanned her with a clipboard, she had been feeling unwell since the interview segment and suffered a small mishap during A little More, where she missed her cue as she had been busy trying to not faint. The manager suggested for her to lip-sync and focus on maintaining face but she avidly refused the suggestion.

 "Someone get AeBi some orange juice!" The manager yelled and his plead was answered by Lia, who took a bottle of orange juice out of the mini-fridge to hand it to AeBi. AeBi barely moved as she was helped into her new set of clothing, too unaware of her surroundings to help the stylists.

 The leader sighed softly and waved her stylists away and fixing her own heels before quickly sitting AeBi, who took small sips of the orange juice. Lia took a napkin from the table and made AeBi lean her head back against the couch, Lia wiped the sweat away from the younger group member's forehead and neck, taking the same lip-tint she was using and applied it on AeBi's dried lips to bring color to them.

"Just four more minutes, okay? Breath deeply, AeBi." She said, throwing the napkin away before taking the bottle from her and helping her stand up. "Deep breaths. Let's walk slowly..." She gently called for her, wrapping an arm around her as they followed the rest of the members out of the small room backstage. AeBi leaned against the leader and did as she was told, she breathed deeply and felt how her head slowly cleared up.

"Daya and I will switch positions so that I'm closer to AeBi at all times. I will take the center only when I'm singing my lines, we will shield AeBi from the spotlight as much as possible. AeBi, if you feel unwell and need to take a rest, don't hesitate to take it." The manager watched quietly as Lia imposed her orders upon the other eight members, she was not forcing AeBi to perform and was doing everything in her power to have her comfortable while on stage.

  The lack of oxygen, harsh lights along with a poor meal before getting onstage proved harmful for AeBi. She tried her best during the day to follow with the schedule and keep up with her strict diet but somewhere along the way, she forgot. Now she gripped on her microphone and took a deep breath as she walked besides Lia through the darkness; the leader was still talking with the other members, AeBi wasn't focused but she heard something that made her smile.

"I feel like this has gone by us like a breeze, we're ready for this."

"Of course we've got this, we are Promise!"

"We are the promise for greatness, let's not fail JYP, okay? Fighting, everyone!" 

  Bits and pieces of their MV played behind them as the music started, mixed up with actual footage from earlier performances and close-up cameras of them now. The screen played the contents in black-and-white with exception of any red colored thing, using the same filter from their MV for the footage. 

  What made their choreography special? Simple yet elegant dance moves, no one ever stayed completely still for more than three seconds and they practiced tirelessly until they were all in perfect sync. They slid across the stage without effort, always maintaining their formations symmetrical with little effort as everyone moved and danced. They tried to not smile as their eyes met by chance while dancing but they were happy. This was it! With fanchants, cheering and Wild as their background, they sang and danced ther hearts out.

 

[All] Oh oh oh

[HopefulsZhang Li Hua, Han Da-Xia, Choi Haneul, Lee HaeJin, Choi AeBi, Park Jae-Hwa, No MinJoo, Kang Ji-Eun, Song Jia! Wild~eu, Pro-Mi-Su~Jjang!

[All] Oh oh oh

  Lia smiled as Alice and AeBi slid to the sides, letting her to be seen by the audience as she danced and sang for them. Her light lyric soprano voice gracing the speakers as she smoothly went over her lines, everyone -including herself- dancing to the beat and enjoying it to the maximum as they did so. Alice finished the first two lines with with husky and seductive whispers into the microphone and lowered her microphone to continue dancing freely as the leader sang.

[Lia] Maehokjeogin hyange chwihae [AliceTonight
[Lia] Ne saenggage deultteoisseo [AliceTonight
[Lia] Na oneul jom gwaenchanheunde
Teukbyeolhan mueonga saenggilkka gidaega dwae

  MinJoo walked forward from behind Lia with Rose following closely while the leader stayed back to recover. MinJoo sang confidently, a bright yet seductive smile escaping her when her singing was met with a loud response. It shocked her how loud the fans chanted but only for a second, the fans gave her energy and made her dance harder while she sang. Once she was done, she took a single step to the side and Rose took the center, MinJoo dancing behind her with three other members.

  Rose allowed herself to slow down, making up her own choreography while everyone else around her followed the same choreography. Her voice came out comfortably and without strains which was what she wanted; when she finished with her lines, she slid to the side and allowed Angel take the center for the chorus.

[Min Joo] I’m burning for love love junbidwaesseo [HopefulsOkay!
Neon wanbyeokhan sangdae dalkomhae cham
[Rose] Nae ttabunhan sarme jamsinama
Neon useumeul juneun danbi gata

[Angel] Neon maeum sok yuilhan chulguga dwae [HopefulsDwae!
Neo hanaro maeiri saerowojyeo [HopefulsJyeo!
Hanabodan duri deo ganghajanha
Neul hamkke hamkke gayaman hae

  Angel carried out  the chorus successfully, maintaining the focus on the choreography and herself while a very sneaky Haneul abandoned formation and started to walk forward when Angel was close to finishing. She stopped walking in the exact center of the stage, standing with her profile facing the audience as she was unveiled by Angel. She flipped her hair and twisted her body into making a seductive wave while she rapped.

  She was one that couldn't stay still while performing, so once she finished the wave, she walked forward and continued to dance. She did all her favorite dances: the x-dancemacho-man dance and puppet dance, the last one being the one she liked the best of them all. All of that being done while she rapped which made fans' dreams and illusions come true as she met all of their expectations. 

[Sky] Jeomjeomjeom nan deo-oh
Neoege heumppeok ppajyeodeulgo isseo naneun
Nega chyeonoheun deoche geollyeoseo neoegeseo

Heoujeokdaego isseo naneun
Oh my baby come on closer
Neo naege deo chwihaeseo nawa hanaga doegi wihaeseo
Neodo jeoldae noheul suga eobseo nal gyesokhaeseo uh

  Sky joined the rest of the members just as she finished; standing in front of Ace to later bend her body forward along with Ace to unveil Alice. The gorgeous visual used their backs as a table to lean on just before they slid away, she smiled shyly and raised her free hand in the air to greet Daya's voice. She took a deep breath before letting out her second line, still moving her slender body to the music before she joined the other seven members in their synchronized choreography while Daya sang behind them.

[Alice] Maehokjeogin dalbit arae [Daya] Tonight
[Alice] Ni eokkael gidaego isseo [Daya] Tonight
[Daya] Na jigeum jom deultteonneunde ipsuljjeum
Seuchimyeon eotteolkka gidaereul hae

  Daya had walked forward during her lines, having everyone hide behind her for a single second before everyone broke out into the new formation which had MinJoo as their center. The actress moved smoothly, her voice coming out a bit shaky but she didn't let herself be disturbed by the fact. She smiled and danced still, winking as the fans responded to her with the chant.

  Rose walked forward as MinJoo moved to the side and raised her arms toward Rose, they were doing the trapped wild flower dance which consisted of Rose standing in the middle dancing freely while the members "caged" her with their arms reaching toward her. Rose smiled and flipped her hair as she spun around, not staying still while comfortably sang.

[MinJoo] I’m burning for love love algo inni [HopefulsOkay!
Cham wanbyeokhan sungan chwihaebwa deo
[Rose] Neon jogeumssik naege nogadeureo
Nal niane dugo kkumkkuge hae

  Ace slid to the center from the side as the members went into formation behind her, raising her microphone and rapping steadily into it. Of course, she had one of the most revealing outfits for the night, she had one of the best bodies in Promise and she was the main dancer; she would show it all off during her part. She danced fiercely and seductively, showing off all of her best moves while she was in the center up until she was allowed to take a break by Daya's voice but even then, the kept dancing with the same fire.

[Ace] Niga chokchokhi jeojeodeuneun
Niga cheoncheonhi seumyeodeuneun
I neukkimeun neoege wonhaneun
Namanui bimiriya uri dureul bichuneun
[Daya] Uh hot spotlight feels right
[Ace] Sungan sungan 
you're makin’ me high
Ijen deo gipeojineun uri dul sai
Naege heeonaolsuga eomneun neoneun you’re mine

[Angel] Neon maeum sok yuilhan chulguga dwae [HopefulsDwae!
Neo hanaro maeiri saerowojyeo [HopefulsJyeo!
Hanabodan duri deo ganghajanha
Neul hamkke hamkke gayaman hae

  Both Ace and Angel finished their parts perfectly and now AeBi was singing her part, Ace and Sky by her sides dancing to her voice. AeBi had recovered quite well, she saved all of her energy for her part and even when she was heavily breathing with struggle, she managed to charm the fans with her voice and dance moves. She sighed in relief once the members that had been kneeling stood and once again shielded her from the spotlight, giving her a chance to breath.

  MinJoo stood at the front and center of the stage, smoothly dancing and making the fan favorite: the okay dance which consisted of them raising their free hand and holding it right besides their eye to imitate a wink with it. She smiled and winked just after, walking away from the center and allowing the main vocalist to take the center for the chorus.

[AeBi] Neo eopdeon jinansigan nan
Neul uimi eobsi nallyeobeorin nal
[MinJoo] Honjaseon deoneun gal su eobseo
No way no way no way

...Okay?

[Angel] Neon gireotdeon eodum sok deungburi dwae [Hopefuls] Dwae!
Neon seoseohi nae mamsok bulkkochi dwae [Hopefuls] Dwae!
Seororeul deo teukbyeolhi mandeuljanha
Neul hamkke hamkke gayaman hae

  Angel finished the chorus with a steady high note, having danced the point choreography at her own pace while everyone moved and did different things around her. She now stood with four members behind her while the other four consisted of Lia singing and dancing with the other three in front of Angel. 

  AeBi switched with Angel for the center of their pyramid to sing what would be her last line in this song and she smiled as she danced with Rose, Angel, Daya and Sky. Once again, they switched and Rose took the center to make everyone dance along while she sang before the main vocalist took over to finish the song with a smooth high note and synchronized dance moves.

[Lia] Neon maeum sok yuilhan chulguga dwae [HopefulsDwae!
[AeBi] Neo hanaro maeiri saerowojyeo [HopefulsDwae!
[Rose] Hanabodan duri deo ganghajanha
[Angel] Neul hamkke hamkke gayaman hae

 The nine of them walked forward and did what they named the Promise dance, they waved both of their hands by their faces while keeping their face still: symbolizing how they kept themselves still despite all the hits life gave them. They took one of their hands made a gesture to their face before turning their faces and placing their chins on their knuckles: symbolizing how they took control of their life. And finally, they turned their faces forward again and proudly lifted their chins: they finally did it, despite everything...

They did it.

[HopefulsSe-Con-Chan-Su, Pro-Mi-Su Jjang!

 Many of them had tears running down their cheeks down their cheeks as they finished the special dance to their fans' chants and the background music.


Author's Note: I finally finished this~ Yay! I hope you all enjoy. It is not edited yet, it's 12:36AM here and I have school tomorrow but I really wanted to finish this. I admit I got very lazy half-way and I skipped a lot, I hope you can all forgive me. Tell me how you guys all felt over this chapter in the comments below and if you have any special request for next chapter. Thank you so much for reading! <3