008: Sleepless Nights

Promise (약속) ~ JYP New Girl Group ~ Story: Start!

Promise members thank Got7's Jackson and JB for delicious meal through their SNS

January 15, 2015 @ 8:09 pm  
 
 
               
 
 

JYP Nation feelings are strong! Got7 and Promise have cute exchange through SNS.

 

SEE ALSO: Miss A's Fei confirms comeback with picture

 

 "After a very tiring day of filming our MV, we went home and were received by a very delicious meal sent by our sunbaes of Got7. This is a picture of a small portion of the great meal. We want to thank our caring subaes for taking such a great care of us, thank you! JB and Jackson-oppa, thank you!" -Promise's Lia (Leader). It seems Got7 are overjoyed over this upcoming girlgroup, as it was told many times before. Isn't it adorable so see such interactions between label mates?

 

 After some minutes, Got7's JB answered with a quiet "you are welcome~".  And after, Got7's Jackson didn't take too long and answered to the post with one of his own, "eat well~ make sure that Rose and MinJoo eat all the veggies, so that they can grow big and pretty! and that Ji-Eun eats rice! fighting!" 

 

Some companies should learn about bonding between groups of their own! And they should learn from JYP's Promise and Got7!


(Optional) Listen to Wu YiFan's Time Boils the Rain while reading this... 

  The dorms of JYP's newest girl-group were awfully silent, even when the whole nine members were inside, it was silent. Eight out of the nine were still comfortably tucked into their beds, still exhausted from their extremely long day. The only sounds in each room were the sounds of breathing, and casual shifting under the bed sheets. The clock on the living room's wall said it was 3:05 in the morning, but it wasn't time to sleep for one of the members yet. A lone soul tiptoed around the dorm cautiously, she walked into the kitchen, placing her beloved cat down after kissing the angry feline's head and taking her bag from the table, she exited the kitchen.

   She took her phone out, starting to type a message down while sliding her shoes on. She continued to draft the message, using her other hand to open the door and made sure to lock it securely before turning and walking down the hallway of the apartment building. She walked into the elevator, pressing the button for the lobby, still too busy with the message while struggling with her Korean. Her head pounded with a killer headache, which made her close her eyes and lean her head against the elevator's wall. 

  She heard the small 'ding' that announced that she had reached the desired floor, inmediately opening her eyes and pressing send on her phone. The doors opened in front of her, and she walked out of the elevator. Putting her phone into the bag and walking out of the building, she looked up and her eyes met her manager's. She was helped into the van and once the door was closed, she put her seatbelt on. Placing her bag on the floor of the van and leaning back on her seat, covering her face with her hands and taking a deep breath. Her manager climbed into the van, starting it and driving away from the apartment building. Taking a deep breath, she uncovered her eyes, clearing and shaking her head. 

"How long is it going to take?" She asked her manager, who looked at her for a second and then shrugged. Not really knowing the answer to her question. He knew she was uncomfortable with medical check-ups, but they had to do it, for her own good. Her fever had spiked while she filmed the MV, she had complained to one of the stylist but hadn't mentioned to him. He knew that her health could affect her contract with JYPEnt., as she had signed it under those conditions. In the contract it stated that she would undergo medical check-ups every month, if her physical health was in risk, she would be forced into a hiatus, or removed from the group. 

"An hour, or two, we can't be sure." He answered, stopping on a red light and glancing at the girl beside him. She looked beyond exhausted, and he wondered if she would always look like that after a long day, because if it was going to be like that, he would worry.

  He tried to not think about it, but for her own good, he had to be very aware of it. She needed to try and understand this, but she couldn't. Her life had enough tragedies on it's own to have another one, which would basically be losing her dream. Unlike the other members, her contract was on trial all the time. She had to renew it every year, and whatever happened, it was subject to changes. She tried to not think about it too, yet her body always made sure to remind her; she was not okay.

  In the second dorm room, shared by HaeJin and Haneul, only one was asleep. While HaeJin slept, Haneul was doing her best to fall back asleep, but she was very uncomfortable. She could probably blame it on the bed, but deep inside her, she knew it wasn't because of the bed. She eventually sat up and ran a hair through her straight hair, even when it fell back to cover her face. 

"Seriously, Kim Myungsoo." She whispered to the darkness of her room, over the breathing of her roommate and the sound of flowing water coming from the fish tank of HaeJin's turtle. Her uneasiness had finally found it's name and it was Kim-freaking-Myungsoo. Was he still mad at her? She did hide the fact that she would debut from him, and he did find out about through the internet, but she had her reasons. When she received the news of a possible debut, she didn't allow herself to have such high hopes and she didn't want Myungsoo to make a big deal out of it, like she knew he would, if he had known. What if she hadn't been chosen? She would have suffered so much, but that hadn't happened. Shouldn't he be happy for her now? Why was he so upset about it all?

  Her debut MV would come out in two days, and she shouldn't be worrying over anything like she was right now. Still, it was Myungsoo after all, her friend. But he was not only her friend, he was her best friend. She reached for her phone, which she always placed beside her pillow before going to sleep. She dragged herself to the edge of her small bed after neatly placing her sheets at the end of it, in case she wanted to go back to sleep after contacting Myungsoo. She stood up, having to walk with her body pressed against the wall, until reaching the door. She pushed the door open slowly, making sure to not make a sound as she exited the room. 

  She closed the door behind her with a soft click, turning around and almost jumping out of her skin at the sight of two bright green orbs staring right back at her. She cursed and placed a hand over her chest, the soft meowing of the cat greeting her. She giggled nervously, holding her phone to her chest and taking a moment to calm down. She wasn't normally one to get scared easily, but that cat was creepy. Equal to it's owner, in some vague ways. She shivered, shaking her thoughts away and slowly moving across the living room. She opened a door that stood between the door to the third dorm room, and the bathroom. The dressing room had been neatly organized by Rose and Lia, both members could be diagnosed with severe cases of OCD. And while those two organized everything, Haneul had been running around the house with disinfectant wipes, wiping every single corner before they actually moved in.

  She the light and closed the door behind her, marking a number down on her phone and raising it up to her ear. She leaned against the door, her other hand on the handle. Waiting patiently for her call to be answered, it was until the moment that she thought her call would be sent straight to voicemail, when a soft click sounded. She expected Myungsoo to greet her in that boring tone of his that actually meant he was upset, but it was soft ragged breathing what greeted her. She frowned, raising an eyebrow and tilting her head. Their previous small argument over her debut was pushed away immediately by her concern for his health. Was he okay? Had something happened?

"Hello? Oppa?" She asked, waiting for Myungsoo to actually greet her, but only coughs responded. Her frown deepened, but now with concern. 

"Are you sick? Are you alone?" She asked again, wanting to get an actual answer out of him. When was the last time he had actually gotten sick? A year ago, during one of his concerts abroad, and back then, it had been quite serious. She had been so concerned, and had pestered the hell out of Dongwoo until she was actually able to talk to Myungsoo himself. Even after that, when he returned, she made sure to go to his house every few days, check if he had taken all his of his medication, also making sure to cook enough for him and the rest of the members to eat for around three days. 

"Y-yes, but don't worry." He cleared his throat, the simple action making the pain on his throat worse. He pulled his sheets closer, trying to stop the shivering and cold sweat from rocking his whole body. Myungsoo had been sick for almost a week, but it was today when his sickness made her presence clearly known. All of the members had gone home to their families, but he stayed in the dorm, not wanting his mother to see him in that state. He actually wasn't going to answer the call, he didn't want to worry her either, but his body had worked against him, and he ended up answering the call. 

 Wasn't her voice the most soothing sound in the world? He swore that she could only breath into the phone and he would feel okay, that actually sounded quite strange, but it was the truth. Those days of endless practice, he cheats himself into working hard by telling himself that he will talk to Haneul once the practice is done. And even when that was a lie, it worked so well. Her smile, wasn't it the most stunning one in the industry? Or, the whole world? The way her eyes turned into adorable crescents when she laughed or smiled, he just needed to think about that to cheer up on hard times. And the most shocking thing about her, that adorable and unexpected aegyo that appeared from out of nowhere. He could normally act indifferent towards many things, but his adorable Hanni, as he liked to call her, wasn't one of them.

 How miserable was he when she couldn't contact him because she was in the United States? University was important, because he knew no idol could forever be one, but it took so much time from her. She had already told him that she was going back to the US when her debut promotions were done, so he was quite sad that she wasn't going to have time for him. Another round of coughs wrecked him, the pain on his chest becoming worse with every single one. 

"Oppa, I'm on my way, wait right there." He opened his mouth to object, but he really did want her to come. What if she got sick? Her debut was very soon, he couldn't risk letting her get sick. Then again, she wasn't the type to take risks when it came to her health, to be more specific, she wasn't the type to take risks when it came to germs. He had found out short time after beginning to spend time with her, that she was a germaphobe. He could just imagine her walking into wearing plastic bags as protection from his coughs. He actually knew that she wouldn't get to that extreme, since she had taken care of him before while he was sick. But seeing her debut was so close, his mind could only wander. 

"O.K" He answered shortly, in pain when nausea suddenly hit him. On the other side of the line, Haneul was doing her best to hurry up yet not make any sound that could wake up any of the members up. She knew she had promised herself that she wouldn't sneak out, but Myungsoo needed her. And how could she say no to him? He had stalked her for months, and even if it did sound strange, she was so thankful. Thanks to him, she now had so many friends, and most importantly, she had him. Where would she be if it wasn't for Myungsoo? There were many times she felt like giving up, but he pulled her through them with major efforts from his part. He was...Myungsoo, how could one name become so meaningful for someone? Well, for Haneul, Myungsoo could mean either everything or nothing, and she chose everything.

  She sneaked back into her room, glancing towards HaeJin's bed, who was soundly sleeping, and quickly moved to the table. She took her purse and threw her phone inside it, she rummaged through her bag in the darkness, making little sound as she finally found her mask. She turned around and began to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going?" A voice asked as she was just closing the door to her room, her eyes widened and she peeked inside the room, where HaeJin was slowly sitting up from her bed. The main dancer flipped her hair, an exhausted expression on her face while she gathered herself. She looked at the main rapper, who stood at the door with a shocked expression on her face. Haneul stood there quietly for some time, trying to think of something before she gave up and walked out of the room.

 "That wasn't very nice..." HaeJin frowned, not understanding what was happening. She pushed her bed sheets off and stood up from the bed. She used a rubber band that was on her wrist to pull her hair up into a messy bun, and began walking towards the door of the room, which was left open. But before she could walk out of the room, Haneul was walking in, she was holding some jeans and a coat. Not giving HaeJin time, she handed the clothes to her. 

"Get dressed, I'll show you." She ordered, walking out of the room and closing the door behind her, waiting for the older member outside. HaeJin ignored the fact that she was just ordered by a younger member, and just complied. She slid her sweatpants off, sliding the skinny jeans on, followed by fixing the tank top she had, following by putting the coat on and grabbing her bag from beside the bed. She walked out of the room and towards the door, knowing Haneul was probably in the hallway. 

Where were they going? HaeJin asked herself, opening the door, and as she expected, Haneul was waiting outside of her. 

"I'm on my way, do you need anything?" Haneul asked Myungsoo, signaling HaeJin to follow when she noticed that her unnie just stood at the door of their apartment with a blank expression. HaeJin could only say in her defense that she was not a morning person. HaeJin followed, getting inside the elevator and looking at Haneul, a curious expression on her face. 

"N-no." Myungsoo answered weakly, he had moved out of his bed, and now laid on the floor of the bathroom. He had dragged himself there, in case the urge to throw up came back. Of course he needed something, for her to get there and console him. What was that thing they said? Love was the best medicine, he was willing to try that out. He wished he could hide it, but besides being his best friend, Haneul meant more than just that for him. He chuckled softly, wondering why exactly he was thinking about those things. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and focusing on the sounds that came from the other side of the line. 

 "Oppa, I'm already here. I'm about to open the door, are you presentable in there?" Haneul's voice was calm,yet her heart was pounding against her chest. Could she really trust HaeJin? She truly wanted to, but she wasn't that kind of person. She couldn't really trust, or rely on anyone so easily, but she had noticed that her roommate seemed different. She had seen her take care of Daya even when the oldest had refused, changed parts of the choreography during filming to make things easier for other members, changed outfits with Alice when she had declared she was uncomfortable, but was that enough? She was being nice, but could she keep a secret? Once again, it was not that she didn't want to trust her, it was just...Haneul had never had it easy and trust wasn't something she could give easily.  

  Haneul lowered her phone, her other hand on the handle as she looked at HaeJin. She needed to trust someone, and she decided, it would be HaeJin. In the same place, but from a different angle, HaeJin watched Haneul quietly, slowly becoming more concerned about the member. While HaeJin's drove Haneul's car silently, she could hear her whispering to the phone. She was not fond of listening to others' conversations, believing everyone deserved privacy, but she was very close and she actually couldn't help. She had picked up some of the words here and there, and from what she have heard, she tried to piece the parts together and it didn't quite work. In the end, she thought that Haneul had a friend male, and that this friend male could be pregnant, which she highly doubted. 

"Unnie, can I trust you?" Haneul asked quietly, looking at HaeJin, who frowned and raised her hand. Haneul looked at the hand, and smiled weakly, raising her own. She curled her pinky around HaeJin's, the childish way to make a promise reassuring Haneul in some kind of way. HaeJin didn't really know how to reassure her without going into a full on explanation of how as bandmates and roommates they should trust each other, so she just resorted to the easiest Korean way of promising. Pinkie promise! Oh, so mature...

If they could have just known, that promise and their friendship would be tested so much up ahead in their journeys to stardom...


Author's Note: I am so sorry it took so long! I was writing this on my computer while there was no energy, so my computer ran out of battery, and there went my very beautiful chapter! This is the best I could do, the other chapter was more detailed and many other characters appear, but...I am so sorry. Next chapter will have their official MV release + preparations for debut stage + debut stage! Oh, and quick question: Who should be the main character for my next chapter? Comment away~