005: Mask

Promise (약속) ~ JYP New Girl Group ~ Story: Start!

Promise reveal concept pictures for their debut MV + MV to be rated as +19 

December 25, 2014 @ 9:54 pm  
 
large.png  
               
 

Promise release first teaser for their debut with 'Wild'. 
 

SEE ALSO: U-Kiss' Kevin mentions 'Promise' in interview?

 

 

 The teaser image that was posted some hours ago will be probably rated as for people over 19 years of age according to critics! This is quite strange for JYPEnt. since they have never released rated material, insisting that their music will be for people of all ages. It will also be a bold move as it was revealed that the maknae of Promise is only eighteen years old.

 

Along with the pictures, they revealed the name of their debut song which will be called "Wild". 

 

Stay tuned for more updates regarding Promise! 


 

 MinJoo splashed water on her face, and with her eyes still closed, reached for a towel. She gently patted her face with it, removing any residue of water from her skin and straightening her back. She smiled a few times at her reflection and placed the towel back into it's place, taking a step back and checking her hair before opening the door. She could hear the loud voices and noises that came from the kitchen, and she honestly didn't know how did they all fit into that space. Slowly making her way into the kitchen, she looked around the apartment which she hadn't gotten a chance to really see. It was quite big and accommodating, but she remembered that they were nine girls and the place suddenly felt really small. 

 She slowly walked into the kitchen, and was quickly noticed by J.Y Park, who smiled gently at her and nodded in approval. She refused to sleep, not wanting her lack of sleep ruin her group's first appearance. She looked around and noticed that most of the Got7 members were sitting on the counters, making it hard for Daya to actually cook. AeBi and JB were sharing a chair on the table, which made MinJoo raise an eyebrow but her eyes quickly went to J.Y Park who stood beside Daya and was holding a phone, the camera behind them, recording everything as they made a call to Lia.

 

Block B's Be The Light

[Jaehyo] bichi doeeojwo (Shine your light on me baby)
bichi doeeojwo uh-uh-uh-oh
bichi doeeojwo (Shine your light on me baby)
(saljjak seuchigiman
haedo modeungeol ppaeatgin gibuniya
)

 

 When Lia's phone rang, she looked at P.O, who raised his eyebrow at her and chuckled darkly, pushing the shopping cart ahead and giving Lia the space she needed to answer. She looked inside her bag and found her phone rather quickly, considering she was quite organized with her things. Her eyes widened when she saw the name of J.Y in the screen, swiping her finger across the screen quickly and raising the phone up to her ear. 
 
"Hello?" She answered, suddenly feeling concerned thinking that something may have happened while she was away from her members. She stopped walking and covered one of her ears so she could listen to the voices on the other line more clearly. 
 
"Hello, Emilia." J.Y's voice greeted, sounding quite chirpy which made Lia sigh in relief, discerning of any disgrace or tragedy that may have ran across her mind calmly.
 
"Hello, teacher." She answered respectfully, still curious as in why she would be receiving a call from him at this time. She began walking again, slowly and very aware of her surroundings. She frowned, being able to listen the various voices coming from the other line. 
 
"Emilia, dear. I just inspected your fridge and since you are at the grocery store, I am about to use my power over you and order you to get me some vanilla, chocolate and chocolate chips ice cream, pound cake, a normal cake, but the cake must be big. Also, some candles with cute colorful letters on them, chocolate syrup, banana milk, Greek yogurt, some chocolate bars...sprinkles? Oh! And Da-Xia needs some garlic, preferably grounded garlic." Lia blinked, dumbfounded by the list of unhealthy foods he was asking for, and also because if she could hear right, he was in their house with Got7? Why? What was happening? 
 
"...Okay, I'll do what I can, teacher." She slowly answered, trying to keep in her mind what was asked of her and seeing she was in front of the freezers, she opened one and reached for a bowl of ice cream. 
 
"Also, we are filming and all of the members are makeup less, I suggest that if you have the chance to apply makeup, do so! God knows we need to uphold an image here!" Lia giggled at his comments and signaled P.O, who was busy pretending to be debating whether he should take organic or regular peanut butter, to move the shopping closer to her. He cleared his throat and fixed his disguise, quickly complying and moving the shopping cart closer.
 
"But, teacher, I heard you call Rose the prettiest without makeup, what made you change your mind? Also, what are we exactly recording?" She heard someone yell after she made the comment about Rose, and that was the moment she knew the phone was on speaker for everyone to hear. The person who yelled was Jackson and what he had yelled was: 
 
"True!" To that, Rose kicked Jackson's leg under the table, to which he jumped and groaned softly. She smiled and pretended that nothing happened, but AeBi and JB quietly laughed. JB used AeBi's shoulder to quiet down his laugh, which he knew, was loud by nature. AeBi unconsciously patted the side of his head gently and smiled down at him, none of the actions were noticed by anyone, but like always, the cameras caught everything. 
 
 About ten minutes later, Lia was allowed to hang up and the moment she did, P.O was looking at her with a raised eyebrow. "I have always known you are a hardcore fan of mine, but I must tell you that the voice you have as a ringtone is of your ex, not mine." Lia sighed softly and smiled at him, her smile was not one that portrayed happiness, it was more of a melancholic one.
 
 He knew that it was one topic Lia never wanted to talk about, yet it had been almost a year and she was still dwelling on Jaehyo. He lived with Jaehyo, so he knew the truth to both sides of the story, he wanted to protect her, and instead of protecting her, he broke her heart while trying to do so. Back then, Emilia was just a trainee and she was not even near being a candidate for a girl-group, and in Jaehyo's eyes, she was still a normal girl. By normal, he thought she was weak and if fans ever found out about her, they would hurt her, and for him, Lia was precious.
 
 Lia, on the other side, had gotten upset with him when he suggested for a break-up between them, but when it really came to the moment that they faced a sasaeng fan, she gave in, not because she wanted but because she noticed that she was making Jaehyo's life harder by his wishes on protecting her. They eventually did break-up, awkward calls that Lia gave Jaehyo to ask how he was post-breakup, but also the thing that kept Jaehyo from breaking apart, stopped. Block B as a group had a rough time seeing that Jaehyo seemed so broken, struggled to keep him from falling into depression, and went through many hardships keeping him up and around, refusing to let him succumb.
 
"That's the only way I can hear his voice multiple times a day, don't judge me." Lia whispered and looked up at him, biting hard on her lip as she couldn't seem to control herself at the moment. That would be the first time she ever spoke of this with anyone, she closed her eyes and held her head low. "And, I'm debuting...and he promised me he would be here when I debuted, yet...where is he? Wearing that Pikachu costume and admiring himself in the mirror twenty four hours a day? I loved him, love, and will keep loving him, until my heart stops being a jerk to me and follows my orders. So as much as I am a crazy fan of yours, I need Jaehyo's voice as my ringtone...and I just realized that what should be a simple explanation turned into a confession, I'm sorry." Lia sniffled and quickly wiped her nose with her sleeve, grabbing the cart and pushing it forward before P.O could say anything. 
 
 Alice pouted and tilted her chin down, running her fingers through her hair, trying to make it look good for the camera. She had...borrowed the camera from the second cameraman, now she was sitting on the floor, MinJoo and Ace at her sides, also playing with the camera. They made some silly faces, tried to talk but somehow, they always ended up in uncontrollable fit of giggles, that luckily for them, would be deemed as cute by male viewers.
 
"Everyone, as the visual, I'm really sorry that you see me this way on our first date." She pouted and whined softly, quickly giggling when Ace pretended to scratch her chin with a finger. They seemed to be amazed by the camera, this was somehow telling them that they finally were having their dream. For some, like the older members, if they had not been chosen, in about two years, there would have become no longer candidates for debut. 
 
"For our next date, I will put some makeup on, and will ask a coordi-unnie for help with my clothes. Hopefully our MV, you guys know that it will become available in January..." Alice frowned as she tried to remember the date for their MV release. 
 
"Our MV which will be released on January 15th and our debut stage will be on January 25th, please expect it a lot and give us tons of love." MinJoo cut in, leaning her head on Alice's shoulder, she spoke with certain confidence which many viewers would find attractive. Yet, her cute acts as she spoke would just melt them away. 
 
"I could say it in Chinese." Rose called from the table, and Alice, turned the camera quickly and got Rose into frame. Who smiled and waved, resting her chin on her knuckles while repeating the information given by Min Joo in Chinese. As soon as she was done, Alice moved the camera again. Ace stuck her tongue out at Rose, who pouted for having so little camera time.
 
"And I will make sure Alice is very beautiful for you, in your next date." MinJoo finished and waved goodbye, having to move away and stand up to help Daya, and truth-to-be-told, she wasted her time because all of the Got7 members, with the exception of JB, who was too comfortable in his shared chair. Mark carried the chopsticks and some napkins, Jackson carried a frying pan that had meat on it while also sniffing it, Jr. carried some of the plates while YoungJae carried the rest. BamBam was too busy bothering YoungJae to carry anything, but what counted was that he was walking to the living room. Yugyeom was helping Daya by moving the rice from the rice cooker to a bowl provided by her, when he was done, he also moved. Eventually, AeBi dragged JB out of the kitchen and soon enough, the people in the kitchen were Rose and Daya. 
 
 Rose cleared , making her presence known to the eldest one, who looked over her shoulder and raised an eyebrow. Rose took a deep breath and making sure the cameras or anyone was close enough to hear, she walked towards Daya. Rose slid her hand into her pocket and pulled out Daya's phone, placing it on the counter and biting on her lip. 
 
"YiFan said he was sorry, he never meant for things to work out this way, and that if he had known, he would have told you. He told me to tell you that you should answer your phone at least once a month. He knows you hate him, but that...you should know that he loves you. He said that you shouldn't overwork yourself and that you should eat at lea-" Daya who had been chopping the last of vegetables, dropped the knife into the sink and grabbed the edge of the counter, gripping hard on it and closing her eyes. 
 
"Unnie, please, don't kill me." Rose whispered and took another step forward, standing now beside Daya and looking down at the white knuckles of the other. "But, if I could ask..." 
 
"There was a time when I thought I would die..." Daya slowly started, speaking in hushed whispers so only Rose could hear. "And during that time, Yi Fan was the only one besides me..." 
 
"He asked me what was my dream, and I quickly, without a doubt, answered that my dream was to sing. He nodded, kissed my forehead and told me I would have my dream once I got better..." Daya opened her eyes and showed Rose her unshed tears, a small smile on her lips. 
 
"I did get better and when I told him so, he got us both tickets to Canada, we auditioned together...we both passed." The story was beautiful, but the end, why they were in this position now, Daya wouldn't share. 
 
"What happened next?" Rose whispered back at the eldest, who smiled back at her, letting a small sigh out. 
 
"When the times comes, and believe me, it will. I will tell you. But for now, be happy to know that I won't kill you, but that I will do it if you either answer my phone again, or mention this to anyone, or mention him." Daya spoke in a murderous, looking down at her hands, taking a deep breath. She grabbed the knife again, and as if nothing happened, picked it up and pointed it to Rose, who gulped. 
 
"Run along." She ordered, and the Maknae, believing that the scary Chinese unnie was capable of doing anything, ran out of the kitchen. Daya watched her leave, and once she was sure she had joined everyone in the living room, she frowned. The frown was all she needed to provoke her tears to fall. She looked at the phone and just held in everything she would have wanted to scream at it once the screen lit up with an unread message, which would stay like that, unread. 
 
 She took a deep breath and wiped her tears away, grabbing the phone and sliding it into her pocket and continuing to chop the vegetables. She chopped the vegetables until she made sure her mask was back on, that mask she put on to hide all of her emotions, or at least, her real ones. Her mask was just like the one Lia wore every single day. The eldest members were so alike, and it pained both Lia and Daya to know, that someday, all of the other members would have to use the same masks.
 

Author's Note: Anyone into unexplainable and painful breakups? I like torturing my co-author's character a lot, thank you very much. So! Anyway! What do you guys think about this chapter? Good, bad, needed something more, meh? Be completely truthful, okay? I hope that you like Daya opening up and  that it helps her image a bit, but I am still not revealing much about her and Kris, mehrong! :P About Lia and Jaehyo? I really like writing about those two. Fancy some AeBi-JB? Or, how about some slight Rose-Jackson?