009: Our Promise

Promise (약속) ~ JYP New Girl Group ~ Story: Start!

[Updated] Promise release debut MV for Wild + Debut Showcase to be the 20th

January 15, 2015 @ 8:29 pm  
 
 
               large.jpg
 

New girl group Promise is making their official debut with the release of the MV for song "Wild"!
 

 The group previously gained attention when it was announced that most of it's members came from other Entertainment companies. They also made various appearances before their debut, both in individual activities and group activities. For example, the group's main vocal of the group, Kang Ji-Eun (Or Angel), starred in U-Kiss' Quit Playing MV. And as in group activities, these lovely ladies made their first appearance in Real Got7.

 

  Made up of 9 members, the girl group has been in the works for the past two years, and their name represents their promise to shine in the Kpop scene. 

 

 The members show their sultry and sensual side in their MV, clean vocals and smooth raps also. Beautiful nine members formations and more!

 

 In other news, JYP and Promise insist that fans must assist Debut Showcase on the 20th! There will be space for over 600 fans and if they manage to sell all of the tickets, more seats will be opened!

 

Without further ado, check them out above!


  HaeJin watched quietly as Haneul helped Myungsoo back into his room. She heard a short and weak chuckle coming from him, probably after Haneul whispered something to his ear. Myungsoo was trying to compose himself, not wanting Haneul to see him in such a bad state but she shook her head at him before he could every try to pretend he was somehow well. Haneul was leaning slightly to the side, carrying most of Myungsoo's weight as she pushed the door to his room open. While all of that happened, HaeJin quietly watched from her spot in the middle of the living room. Once they disappeared inside, HaeJin had her moment to freak out. 

  She looked around and placed a hand over her chest, still not believing where they were. Not believing where she was and how she had gotten there. She was standing in the middle of Infinite's dorm, her sunbaes and sunbaes by a lot of years. She could ask herself a million of questions right at the moment, but she wouldn't. She looked around with curious eyes, taking in everything she saw and saving it into her mind like a very proud and creepy fan would do. How did Haneul even...? Ah, right. She was from Woollim, but it still seemed so impossible. 

  Between white sheets and pillows, Myungsoo found himself upon waking up. Did he fall asleep on the bathroom? He did remember seeing Haneul, and that other girl that came with her. The one with the funny looking hairstyle. Hani, Hyemi, or Hyeri? Not even close, but he was getting there. Something with H and A. Ha...eh...something. He had fainted just as Haneul helped him across the living room, the fever had got the best of him at the moment. Yet he didn't remember none of that, not with exact detail at least.

  He groaned softly, placing a hand to his forehead and quickly shielding his eyes from the sun that leaked through the curtains. When his hand came in contact with his forehead, he noticed the cold pad stuck to his smooth skin. Closing his eyes, he felt the pad, noticing it had been a while since it was last changed. Was Haneul gone? He would be so upset with himself if he wasted his only chance of seeing Haneul by being unconscious the whole time. He groaned again, his muscles protesting when he forced them to move, eventually finding himself in a sitting position. Moving his hand to his throat, realizing how thirsty he was. He then frowned, looking down at his self and blushing deeply.

"I think he's up..." Haneul said, raising the cup of tea up to her lips while she glanced towards Myungsoo's door. She sipped on her tea, enjoying the raw flavor of it while HaeJin's was thirty-percent tea and seventy-percent sugar. She hummed in appreciation at the taste and her lips, looking at the magazine on her hand as she waited for a specific sound and she didn't wait too long.

"Are you serious?" Myungsoo's loud exclamation made Haneul giggle,  and place her cup and magazine down. "Cover your eyes, unnie." Haneul advised just as the door clicked, HaeJin looked up at the sound and a second, or five, later she covered her eyes after squealing at the sight that Myungsoo represented. 

"Sunbae!" She shrieked, her cheeks deep red while she looked for what to do with herself.

"I laid out clothes beside your bed, couldn't you get dressed first?" Haneul looked straight at him, tilting her head and smiling sweetly at him. Reason why she didn't blush? She had seen him before. It was not the way many people would think, it had been a total accident. Truth to be told, they never even had the chance to be romantic, since most of their friendship was spent while Haneul was romantically involved with Rome. And yes, Haneul had seen Rome in that way.

"I missed that pissed off expression. Go get dressed so I can hug you." God, Myungsoo was one y sight. She leaned against the counter and crossed her arms, watching Myungsoo huff and turn around and walk into his room again. A smile on his lips as he closed the door beside him, not really realizing that HaeJin, poor HaeJin, had seen him . 

  Alice skipped into the JYP Headquarters after successfully receiving some attention from the crowding people in front of the building. She truly couldn't wait for the time where she would be recognized as an idol by people outside from her company. When some of those fans standing outside the building would call her name and be official members of her group's fandom. The exact moment her name was first called out by a fan, that would be the moment that she would finally have accomplished her dream.  

[Alice]
Open up, ah ah~
Open up, ah ah~

[Daya] Kamchul su eom-neun geoya
Ni nunbichi heundeullyeo
[AeBi] Myohan shiseon so-ge
Shimjangi ttwiigo isseo
[Daya] Keochin sum sori-ga chokka-geul
Ja-geu-khae crush crush

[Angel] Jamkkan-man geo-gie meomchwoseo
Ttokbaro barabwahbwah
Sumkyeo-on jinshi-reurije da boyeojul-ke.
[MinJoo] Ja nae mameul jababwah

[Angel & Rose]
Neukkyeobwah close to you and close to you
Modeunkeol da jul-ke
Nae-ga boini close to me and close to me
Kajyeo-ga nal

[All]
Open up, ah ah~
Open up, ah ah~
Open up, ah ah~

[Ace] Yeo-gi-ga kkeuchi anya
Neon ajing moreul keoya
[Sky] Ajing nae dae-hae
Bando an boyeojwosseo
[Alice] Nae sogane i-nneun bimi-reul
Umkyeojwo crush crush

[Angel] Eotteon-i eoseolpeun pyeonkyeone
Keommeokko kaji mara
Seodbureun pandane nae soneul nohchijima.. Ja
[MinJoo] Nae jeonburarabwah

[Angel & Lia]
Neukkyeobwah close to you and close to you
Modeunkeol da jul-ke
Nae-ga boini close to me and close to me
Kajyeo-ga nal

[All]
Open up, ah ah~
Open up, ah ah~
Open up,  ah ah~

[Sky] Keurae bwaht-ji geureom dwaeht-ji
Iboda eotteohke mwol deohae
Nae-ga da-gakajanha ja oh kakka-i
Deo jo-geumman deo kakka-i

[Ace] Stress neon da jwodo mothae
Mwol gidae-hani next time?
Waeh odo kado mothae bingbing
[Sky and Ace] Shi-gani ka-unteu da-un chaekkag chaekkak

[AeBi] Han-chameul gidaryeosseo
[Alice] Neoigil baraewah-sseo
[Angel] Wahnbyeokhagil bi-reo

[Lia & Rose]
Neukkyeobwah close to you and close to you [Angel] Yeah~
Modeunkeol da jul-ke
Nae-ga boini close to me and close to me
Kajyeo-ga nal [Angel] Kajyeo-ga nal~

[Alice]
Open up, ah ah~  [Angel] Yeah, yeah, yeah~
[Alice] Open up,  ah ah~ [Rose] Open up, ah ah~
Open up, ah ah~ [Angel] Oh!

  Alice strikes her finishing pose, trying to not breath through while her instructor inspected her. She stared at her reflection, a hand on her hip while the other hanged at her side, holding the microphone. She had been practicing for nearly six hours, switching between PandoraWild and Female President, the songs they would be singing during their promotions. Pandora would be the opening to their Showcase, they would also sing it at their goodbye stage, and Female President would be performed along with Wild in Music Shows and their Showcase by a sub-unit.  

  She had also practiced to Miss A's Hush and JYP's Honey, since they would be dancing to those in their Showcase. Yes, it was actually a requirement to dance to Honey at some point in your career if you were JYP Nation, and Promise just decided to do it in the very beginning of it. For those two songs she only had to dance, but for her Promise songs, she had to sing. She was the weakest vocal in the group, and her dancing was labeled as little over average. JYP hoped that Alice would grow into a true artist once she had debuted, he normally went for weak dancers and great singers, but Alice was his exception. He had seen some kind of light in Alice, the way she spoke about her dream while being interviewed by instructors, and that is what made him put her into the team in the last minute. 

 The rest of the members had been training together for around six months, while Alice joined them only three months ago. For the first few days, JYP noticed some kind of tension between the youngest members and Alice, and then he found out why. Apparently, Alice had crossed paths with MinJoo a few times while they were trainees, and for different reasons, Alice had scolded MinJoo for her behavior. He just had to wait a week and Daya had straighten them both out. JYP knew he had made a good choice with every member that was on that team, starting from the eldest to the youngest, from the leader to the Maknae, and from the weakest to the strongest. Alice was an essential part of the team, no more or less important than another member.

"That was better, but your breathing technique is...disheartening." The instructor stated, sighing and scratching the back of his neck while he walked towards Alice. Her posture went for a relaxed one, placing a hand over her chest and breathing hard to catch her breath. Once she had recovered, she bowed down and closed her eyes. 

"I'm so sorry." She apologized before straightening her back and looking at her teacher. He sure looked frustrated, and she felt very sorry for him. She wanted to be better, and she was trying, so she couldn't understand what she was doing wrong. 

"If you continue down this road, you will have to lip-synch. For now, try to slow down your dance moves while you sing. Or..." The trainer stood beside her and raised his arm, pressing the button for the song to start again. 

"Just lip-synch your parts, we can have AeBi sing them for you since you will all be lip-synching to those parts. We want you to focus on your two solo lines, and if you find that too hard, we can have AeBi back you up." Alice nodded, acknowledging that she needed the help. She was not the best singer, but she could try to be the better person, which was what JYP told her to do.

"You don't need to be a good singer, but you need to gain your fans' hearts. It doesn't matter how you do it, just be you. I chose you for a reason, Alice. Don't make me regret it." And with those words in her mind, she took a deep breath and joined her instructor while both singing and dancing. 

  Alice came out of the showers around three hours later, she had finished her practice an hour ago and now planned to head home. She was drying her hair with a blow-dryer a knock sounded, she frowned and placed the blow-dryer down. Fixing her hair and clothes quickly, placing the towel that was around her shoulder down besides the blow-dryer. As she walked towards the door, more knocks sounded and she sighed. Was this the only bathroom in the whole damned building? No! There were around ten, or fifteen bathrooms. Not that she actually went around the whole building counting... There two restrooms in each floor, five times two was the total of ten. Besides those, there were three washing rooms spread through the building and those were for the trainees and instructors. So why did this person need to knock on this door? There were other wash rooms.

 Rolling her eyes, she grabbed the knob and turned it. Getting ready and putting her annoyed expression and making up an efficient scolding for a new trainee, because that was all that came to mind when she heard the knock on the door; new trainee. New stupid trainee who couldn't read the occupied sign. Today was not a good day, and if she was mean to someone, she would later regret it, but today really wasn't a good day.

"Can't you...?" Her eyes widened at who she found standing there. He wasn't even disguised, well if he was, he probably wouldn't be able to even park in front of the building without having a security guard over him. She took a few seconds to react, watching him as he awkwardly brushed his sideburns into place. A habit of his. A cute habit of his. A cute habit of the leader of VIXX. A cute habit of Alice's boyfriend, who happened to be the leader of VIXX. Derpy, a little crazy and often bullied by his younger members, leader of VIXX.Her expression slowly changed, a smile taking over her lips and she sighed in relief. 

"Oppa..." She whispered before grabbing his arm and pulling him into a hug. He used his foot to push the door behind them closed, not wanting anyone to see them. It was not that he didn't wish for anyone to see them, but seeing as his girlfriend was to debut, it was not secure. Actually, in KPOP and as idols, he wasn't sure there was an actual "secure" moment to admit to dating. He leaned back gently, breaking the hug to gently press his hands against her cheeks and lean in. 

  Were those tears rolling down Alice's cheeks? She thought so, but she had no time to think about that. She just closed her eyes and responded to her boyfriend's soft kiss. She had missed him so much. Months without seeing him was enough to get her to cry, like many other stuff in her daily life, but it was Hak-Yeok this time. His soft lips brushed over her own, and oddly tasted like cherries. He had been abusing the lip balms again, and she didn't mind. His eyes opened and he looked down at her, sighing softly and using his sleeves to wipe away her tears. 

"Why are you crying, gorgeous? A visual shouldn't cry." He spoke in that gentle tone of his, a tone he didn't get to use often in front of the cameras since he was normally being bullied by his younger members in every single show. The smoothness of his ways were reserved for Alice, since she was the only one that ever got to see them. He smiled when she she first sobbed, and leaned down again, placing a kiss on her forehead. 

"My beautiful idol girlfriend shouldn't cry." He sneaked the word "idol" in, and it did what it was supposed to do; it made Alice smile. Her smile was simply beautiful, and he was growing worried as her debut date got closer. Thinking that her beautiful smile would have to be forced because idol life was not easy, and deep inside he had wished that she would never debut. He didn't want her to get hurt by her dream, and he just knew it would happen because he knew his Alice. Behind that harsh and cold-facade she put up for everyone, Alice was a sweet and innocent girl. Of course, he was in charge of corrupting her, but that was not the point! Or, was it?

  He smiled back down at her, his hands still on her cheeks and gently caressed them with his thumbs. Watching her as she sniffled, gently whiped her tears away and engulfed him into another hug. He closed his eyes, resting his chin on the top of her head, one of his hands moving to brush her hair.

"So how would you like if your idol boyfriend took you out in a congratulatory date for your upcoming debut?" He asked once she felt her breathing evenly out, she was still gripping at the back of his shirt but he knew she was relaxed now. Alice peeked up at him, sniffling and once again, letting him see that radiant smile of hers. 

"Dokbboki?" He chuckled and nodded, pressing a kiss against her forehead and slowly pulling back.

"Whatever you want, gorgeous. Let me excuse myself from Big Byung's recording first?" And by recording, he meant hanging out in the recording studio while calling various female idols from the JYP Entertainment to join them in the recording studio. But he was not one to criticize, he joined the group to gain access to JYP, so that he could see Alice from time to time and raise suspicion. Steal a kiss in the hallway, and see how she was doing.

  In another part of the building, three floors down to be exact, was the leader of Promise sitting on her car with a box on her lap. She shook her head and sighed, reaching inside the box and taking out a yellow envelope between the contents of the box. She didn't know when exactly she had started to shake, but she was. She opened the envelope and took a deep breath, taking the folded letter out and gently unfolding it. Her eyes briefly went over the letter, jumping to the signature at the end of the paper and confirming her suspicion.

"Ahn Jaehyo, you bastard..." She whispered weakly in soft Chinese, her eyes scanning the letters as her finger traced some of the words. Not even a call? Just a letter. What was she supposed to do with a letter? Was it so hard to understand that she wanted him? Now more than ever? She needed him. She needed his support, she needed to know that he truly supported her, and she found that a letter wasn't the way. She needed him, but she needed him by her side.

Hello, Lili...


Author's Note: Finally, guys! I'm so sorry for the long wait! The next chapter is the Showcase (I hope), and the other one the debut (I hope). Thank you so much for waiting! Oh, and do you guys know of a shop that could make a background and poster for this story? I applied for a shop but they went into hiatus~ TT~TT Comment away~