002: JYP Whisper

Promise (약속) ~ JYP New Girl Group ~ Story: Start!

JYP Entertainment start mysterious countdown on their webpage + Got7 accidentally reveals name of group

November 20, 2014 @ 3:22 pm  
 
 
               maxresdefault.jpg
 
 

JYP Entertainment keeps on playing games!

 

SEE ALSO: Got7 talk about upcoming JYP girl-group in interview.

 

 It was through their official webpage that JYP Entertainment started a countdown, no name for the event they were counting down to or any detail about it. A giant clock now rests on the homepage of jpye.com, and many wonder. As J.Y Park had said that the new JYP Entertainment would debut in January and the countdown indeed ends on January 25, 2015.

 

 In other news about this group, it could be that in midst of an exciting interview, Got7's Yugyeom revealed the new JYP's girl-group name to be "Promise" as when asked what was happening in JYP, "Last few days have been truly exciting! We have the noonas from Promise coming up, they'll will be promoting with us if they hurry up just a bit." 

 

 When Yugyeom spoke the name, the rest of the members stared wide-eyed at him, while YoungJae smacked his shoulder. He then seemed to realize what he said, and too late to apologize, JB confirmed this to be the name of the girls.

 

 Thank you, Yugyeom. You have proven to be the most cute and helpful maknae of KPop, but now some of us will also get fired for not having a name to dig out. Now let's hope you don't get scolded when you meet J.Y Park. 


 

 The recording studio was now overfilled with people after Got7 made their rather...messy entrance, they were now standing in a line, facing the recording booth and the people inside it. J.Y Park cleared his throat, watching how the nervous and surprised girls started to bow in frenzy. Some started to cover her faces, as none of them were wearing make up, and he studied them quietly. Chuckling when he noticed them trying to hide behind the tallest members, they were idol material.

 

"Got7, greet your hoobaes." He ordered, turning on his face to face them, his hand still on the panel, pressing the button so that the girls could hear their sunbaes. J.Y Park didn't notice a few knowing glances between some of the Got7 and Promise members, but the rest of the members of Promise couldn't ignore them. Some eyebrows raised and others released sighs, yet they weren't quick to judge since they knew finding love was hard, and if they had it, they wouldn't be the ones to destroy it. They wanted to be, above everything, good friends and good idols to their fans. Besides, the glances could just be a friend greeting another, in a very awkward situation. They pushed any thought about that to the back of their pretty little heads and stared at their sunbaes, waiting for their greeting.

 

"1.2.3. Come and get it! Hello, we are Got7." JB started by counting, and the other six greeted with a bow, which he joined. When he straightened his back again, he saw J.Y Park signaling the girls. They took a few moments of disorganization until they all formed a line while some had to stand ahead since he booth was too small for the lot of them. They looked hesitant as they waited for their temporal leader's signal. Why temporal? She was currently chosen for being the eldest, J.Y was testing her leadership abilities, if he saw she lacked in anyway, he would choose one of her dongsaengs to lead. But for now, she was doing just fine.

 

"1...2.3. We were promised a second chance, and we promised to shine. Hello, we are Promise." The lack of organization was labeled cute by the Got7 members, and forgiven by J.Y since it was only their third time greeting anyone as a group. He would make sure that before they left the building today, they practiced their greeting and made up their own symbol for their greeting. They held the ninety-degree bow for some time until one let out a small pained whine, which was the signal for the rest to straighten their backs. 

 

"Got7 since you went through the trouble of coming here in a day of rest, care to stay for a while and watch them record? Girls, from the chorus!" J.Y asked, signaling the girls to retake their previous position. Taking the headphones up and standing in pairs to share them while holding them between their heads. One in each pair held the headphones while the other held the paper with the lyrics in them, many adjustments scribbled around the lyrics for the Chinese girls, with words that they would certainly have trouble with. The girls were now feeling more pressure than ever, some more than others, for obvious reasons. They heard three clicks then the melody started pouring from the headphones. 

 

 Three of the girls started; the main vocalist and two lead vocalists to back her up. And that's how it started, by the end, all nine had sang. When they finished, they looked at J.Y, looking for his approval. This had been the tenth repetition since they started recording, they were exhausted, and their throats were already dry and aching. He smiled and nodded, pressing the button before speaking: 

 

"Now we just have to add the JYP whisper." Some of the girls giggled while others needed a few seconds to understand the joke, behind J.Y, Got7 groaned. They were all way too familiar with that joke.

 


Author's Note: So? What do you guys think? I need some characters to put in there, don't you think so? ;)