011: We are the Promise II

Promise (약속) ~ JYP New Girl Group ~ Story: Start!

Promise's Ace bursts into tears when asked about her parents + thanks Super Junior's Donghae for his support through the years

January 20, 2015 @ 11:30 pm  
 
 
               20120727173238810.jpg
 
 

JYP Entertainment later released a statement that explained the Main Dancer's family history.

 

SEE ALSO: [MV Review] Promise - 'Wild'

 

They danced, they sang, they smiled and laughed; they also cried. Promise, JYP's newest addition to the family of artists, held their debut showcase earlier today. The nine members: Lia, Daya, Angel, MinJoo, Ace, Sky, AeBi, Alice and Rose, stunned their fans with their dancing and vocals, yet they also brought people to tears.

 

It was when they were asked to thank their families, when Kara's YoungJi asked Ace if she wanted to thank anyone for their support in the special day of her debut showcase. The talented dancer, looked around and when Jackson offered her parents as example, seconds took before her eyes filled with tears, shocking the MCs and members of the audience. She was quickly embraced and covered from cameras by the group's Main Rapper, Sky.

 

  After a few seconds of muffled crying and whispering between the two members, the Main Dancer composed herself just enough to say, "Even when I'm sure they would have loved to see me grow and [...] see me fulfill my dream, it wasn't possible in my parents' case. I'm very thankful towards them, but there's some people that I am more thankful for. [...] My uncle, aunt and cousins, who took me in and raised me well. Especially Donghae, you took great care of me and I sincerely wouldn't be here without you, [...] thank you and I love you." 

 

Some time later, a video of the moment went viral, netizens both praising Sky for her loving and protective actions towards the older member. Around the same time, JYPEnt. sent a statement to every news outlet explaining the meaning behind the Main Dancer's words and confirming she was speaking of Super Junior's Donghae.


[Ace] Bam~

  Ace and other three members were giving their back to the public now, Ace had started the song officially as she spun around to begin the choreography. At the moment, she was facing AeBi, who took a deep breath and fixed her hair before she slid away from her. Ace continued with the choreography, back to back with the members facing the public now.

  Walking past the Main Dancer and stepping directly in front of her with the other half of the group. AeBi and the other four members that hid behind Ace and the others, walked forward, the Main Rapper in the middle as she was the next to have a part. She danced along with Ace, Alice, MinJoo and Daya, microphones in hands and smile in places. The rapper raised the microphone, doing her part while keeping up with the dancers beside her.

[Sky] C.U.P.I.D

  With a very smooth transition, Rose spun around and took her place as Sky slid out of the way, starting the choreography with the other seven members and giving a second for the Maknae to catch up. Rose danced her own dance and at her own pace, charming the audience as she stood with four other members.

  She felt the members behind her freeze in poses while the members in front gave light sensual and feminine hip- as they stood in a line. A hand in her microphone and the other in MinJoo's shoulder, as the second youngest had her own part between Rose's lines. The teal and white lights flashing all over the stage as their movements were captured and played behind them in a gigantic screen.

[Rose] Neol cheoeum bon sungan holic!
Neukkimi wasseo [MinJoo] Oh~ Oh~ Oh~ Oh! [Rose] seuljjeok humchyeoboge dwae

  The formation for Rose's lines was quickly broken and it took a small slide to the center for MinJoo to take her position, she raised her microphone and sang. She kept up a steady voice, even when she had to drop to the floor and get up again while still singing. She winked at the camera and moved away, giving Angel her space to take the middle.

  Angel's beautiful features gracing the screen behind her, her voice powerful enough to raise goose pumps when used right. Of course, it was her moment to shine and she used her voice accordingly. Her voice's volume forcing her to put the microphone at a reasonable distance from the source of her voice and that small line obviously didn't need much from her. Setting herself apart from the other members by dancing her own choreography to her line, soon after, she picked up with the rest, joining them and letting Alice and AeBi have their moments.


[MinJoo] Mal hanmadie kkulkkeok mallaoneun ipsul
[Angel] Meomchwojin nae simjange get you Cupid chu! [
HopefulsChu!

  Alice and AeBi walked forward, steps matching until they were back to back at the center of the stage. Their sides facing the audience as they danced together. Switching constantly but still dancing in perfect sync, this was the first song they had ever practiced and they totally mastered it. Even Alice, didn't need much of backing up and she refused to have back up, she would do things on her own for as long as she could.

  AeBi had also helped the visual a lot during their earlier days, when she had just arrived at the group, so having her sing by her side with such control and grace made her proud. As the Jack of All Trades -or Ace, that name was obviously taken- she felt like she had the responsability to fill in whatever thing their group was lacking, yet she couldn't fill in for Alice. Not because she didn't want to, but because she understood how these things didn't come as easily as their trainers expected them to do. She would only intercede when Alice asked for her helped, like she did in the beginning, and AeBi was still helping her.

  AeBi turned her head away from the audience before crouching down along with Alice, Angel walking walking forward again and singing yet another of her lines with just the perfect amount of grace and sensuality. She didn't stay in the middle for long, moving around the stage to give Lia space, as she slowly walked towards the middle. Four other members followed, the other four forming two lines at the edges of the stage to wait for their moment.

[Alice] Hwasareul danggyeo [AeBi] geochimeopsi shoot it out!
[AeBi] Unmyeonge matgyeo [Alice] jjuppyeosjjuppyeot daejima
[Angel] Hositamtam neoui bin teumeul noryeosseo
Gwansim eopsneun cheok haessjiman

   Lia strode forward, her confidence and beauty radiating off of her while Daya, Ace, Sky and Rose circled her. She spun and slowly raised her microphone. Her breathy voice greeting the audience smoothly as she raised her hand, making a gesture of rain falling with her fingers. The small gesture agitated the audience, screams of her name could be heard but when she raised her voice and moved out the way, hell broke loose.

  The leader smiled softly and moved away, the fan-chants exploding once the chorus took over, taking the third place to the left in their V-formation, Ace taking the second to the right and Daya the first in the center. Even when Daya's voice was the only one sounding through the speakers, all members mouthed the chorus, yet not one raised their microphone, it was Daya's moment. Along with Ace, Daya carried the chorus smoothly, allowing all the other members to focus on the dancing and changing positions instead of worrying over the chorus. When Daya's lines were done, their V-formation broke and dissipated into three small V-formations, each formed by three members while Ace sang her own lines.

  Once the Main Dancer was done, Angel sang from one corner of their formations, Alice finishing off from the other corner while Ace gave the dance her all while in the center of them all. They were in the dance-break part of the song, so every single movement got a strong reaction from the audience. Which gave the cameras time to catch some bright smiles from the members while they tried hard to maintain their y vibe.

[Sky] Check it out!

[Lia] Junbiga dwaesseo modu kkeutnasseo
Niga nun kkamppak hal sai
[Ace] 
Ne maeume kkojhyeo [Daya*] aseuraseulhae
Niga ajjirajjilhae [Ace] 
kkojhyeo
[Daya*] Kkomjjak mothage (thage thage)
[Ace] 
Ne maeume kkojhyeo [Daya*] aseuraseulhae
Niga ajjirajjilhae [Ace] 
kkojhyeo
[Lia] Unmyeongui hwasareul danggyeo

[Ace] Ije shoot it out shoot it out right now! [HopefulsRight now!
I’ll never give it up give it up tonight! [HopefulsTonight!
[Angel] Tteollyeooneun geol deo josimseure dagaga
Junbiga dwaesseo
[Alice] Oh~ Cupid chu!

  The formations broke once again, but not for long, having Sky and Alice switch places as Sky announced the finish of the dance-break. Rose in the center again as she sang, a radiant smile on her lips when she was able to hear fan-chants over her voice. The music was fairly loud and seeing that they were standing between the speaker, the fan-chants were clearly loud. She slid to the side, letting MinJoo be seen as she sang.

  It was MinJoo's turn again and she took confident steps to the side, taking the center while Rose walked to the end of the formation. She sang and winked at the camera, once again dropped to the floor with the rest of the members, letting the focus be on Angel and her voice. Ace rising before the rest to welcome Alice and AeBi's voices.

[Sky] C.U.P.I.D

[Rose] Nal cheoeum bon sungan holic neukkimi wani?
[MinJoo] Oh~ Oh~ Oh~ (Oh!) [Rose] mwonga jogeum eosaekhae
[MinJoo] Banhaebeorin geon hoksi neo iljido molla
[Angel] Gamchwojin nae simjange get you Cupid chu! [
HopefulsChu!

[Ace] Bam~

  Alice smiled, raising the microphone and taking a deep breath before singing her parts. She was struggling with her breathing, yet she wasn't letting it bring her down. She danced gentler than the rest, which could be justified as she was singing but the moment her lines were over, she danced fiercely. 

  AeBi stood besides Alice, dancing gently to match the visual and not let the focus go to her except when it was her part. She winked when the camera focused on her, making a gesture with her hand and arm that assimilated that of an archer with a bow. Quickly covering Alice, giving her a chance to recover before her next line came, when it did, she quickly moved out of the way. Alice smiled once again, dancing with the rest of the members when Angel's line came after hers.

[Alice] Soljikhi malhae [AeBi] namjadapge shoot it out
[AeBi] Wae mareul moshae [Alice] moreuneun cheok haejulge
[Angel] Hositamtam neoui bin teumeul noryeosseo
Gwansim eopsneun cheok haejiman

​  Lia was in the corner opposing Rose's, once again using their height to level out their formation, so they both walked forward even when Lia was the only one to be singing. She smiled softly, making a small heart with her thumb and index finger that was caught by the camera. When her line was over, she quickly slid into position and allowed Ace to announce the chorus.

  Ace and Daya now stood in the center, dancing and singing their parts of the chorus, even when Daya was taking most of it. When they were both done and heavy breathing, the both slid to the sides, allowing Lia to walk past them and finish it. It was then when Sky and the rest of the members started to dance, Sky religiously rapping her part while Lia, Daya and Ace moved to the back.

​[Sky] Check it out!

[Lia] Junbiga dwaesseo modu kkeutnasseo
Niga nun kkamppak hal sai
[Ace] 
Ne maeume kkojhyeo [Daya*] aseuraseulhae
Niga ajjirajjilhae [Ace] 
kkojhyeo
[Daya*] Kkomjjak mothage
[Ace] 
Ne maeume kkojhyeo [Daya*] aseuraseulhae
Niga ajjirajjilhae [Ace] 
kkojhyeo
[Lia] Unmyeongui hwasareul danggyeo

​  Sky stood with her back to the public, spun around just in time to catch her lines and begin the choreography with the other five members, AeBi and Alice at her sides. Her work would seem easy, talk a few lines and seem fierce but it was more than that. She carried in her shoulders the transition of the song. She held her microphone fiercely in her left hand while dancing with her right, while trying to not mess up her breathing and lines.

 She felt Daya, Lia and Ace join the dance behind her and she smiled before she came to a stop, her last line announcing Angel's high note from the corner of the stage. Members slowly filing out from behind her to resume the song and dancing, she took a step back, Daya stepping forward along with Ace to carry their chorus accordingly. 

[Sky] Oh eolpit bwado ppajyeodeuneun nunbit [HopefulsNunbit!
Jungdokdwae geuman no more pain [HopefulsNo more pain!
Hwasareul sswajwoyo Cupid [HopefulsCupid!
Yeogijeogi han nun paneun stupid [HopefulsStupid!
Naman barabol su itge - Jiltunanikka [HopefulsNikka!
Naman bol su itge - Akkaunikka [HopefulsNikka!
Son dael su eopsge - Yeongwonhi neon naekkeo

​  Angel had abandoned her spot behind Sky some time ago, moving forward and greeting the audience with a bow before raising her microphone and singing loudly while the rest of the group danced behind her. The transition of the song was over, so this was the now. They changed the choreography for the chorus, this being the last one before the song was finished. They now pointed and charmed the audience with the mix of their voices.

 Angel moved back into formation, Lia singing her own small high note before Angel reached the formation and took over again.

[Angel] Ne maeume kkojhyeo~ [Daya*] aseuraseulhae
Niga ajjirajjilhae [Ace] kkojhyeo
[Daya*] Kkomjjak moshage [Lia] neoui simjange shoot it out~
Jjirit jjirishae [Angel] Nege hollin deut hae~ [Ace] kkojhyeo
[Lia] Unmyeongui hwasareul danggyeo [Angel] Danggyeo~ Oh~

  MinJoo grinned, whispering into the microphone as she kept up with Ace and the rest while Angel rested behind them. Lia walking forward and taking the center with Alice and Sky to finish the song with the last high note, flashing their poses just as Sky spoke into the microphone.

[Ace] Ije shoot it out shoot it out right now
[MinJoo] Cupid! Cupid! Arrow! Arrow!
[Ace] I’ll never give it up give it up tonight
[MinJoo] Cupid! Cupid! Arrow! Arrow!
[Lia] Tteollyeooneun geol deo josimseure dagaga
Junbiga dwaesseo [Alice] Oh Cupid chu!

[Sky] C.U.P.I.D

 Screams and clapping greeted the end of the song, some fans standing and showing up their Promise merchandise - or Promise swag, like MinJoo called it. Banners, light-sticks, towels and little fans with either their faces or their name. They slowly gathered into a perfect line in the middle of the stage, joining hands and bowing before raising their microphone.

"1. 2. 3. We were promised a second chance and we promised to shine! Hello~ We are Promise!" They smiled, all waving at different parts of the audience before they got their cue to speak through the little earpiece on their left ears.

"Wow! Hello. Hello, everyone! " AeBi stood forward, raising her microphone so that she could speak to the audience, keeping them entertained while the rest of the members composed themselves and the stage was fixed for their next segment. She was greeted by claps and small excited yells of her name, to which she smiled. She let her eyes wander around the theater, not being able to see clear faces from the third row onwards. She hummed softly before she spoke again, a hand over her chest while she leaned slightly forward. 

"So...are you guys having fun?" She asked in a whisper, looking around with a smile as the place erupted into cheers. She showed a thumbs up to the audience, bowing in gratefulness before she cleared and signaled the other eight members to join her. She heard shuffling behind her and that seemed enough to have the theater spark with cheering and happy yells.

"Since we already confirmed our current state of mind, should we get our greetings and salutations out of the way?" She asked, moving her earpiece slightly, waiting for her cue again and when she heard it. She smiled, bowing before walking around the rest of the members, standing in the middle before she spoke.

"My name is AeBi, I'm Promise's perfect mix of everything. A little singing, a little rapper, some y dancing and decent acting, once again, name is AeBi. Now, I'm sure..." She let a good humored collective chuckle from the audience sound through the audience, to which she responded with a wink.

"I'm sure! Guys, let me continue." She was trying to charm the audience with cuteness, stomping her feet slightly and crossing her arms while pretending to be upset. When they had quieten, she smiled and bowed. "I'm sure you are all wishing to ask us questions, play some games with us and of course, see us perform our title song..." She said, holding the microphone with both hands forward before she gave Angel a look. The main vocalist nodded and raised her microphone:

Neon maeum sok yuilhan chulguga dwae [Hopefuls] ...Dwae?

  Ji-Eun smiled, taking a breath and giving them another chance by singing the second verse. She fixed her earpiece, struggling slightly to hear herself correctly.

Neo hanaro maeiri saerowojyeo [HopefulsJyeo!

  AeBi and the rest of Promise clapped, the next few minutes were spent by the members introducing themselves. Their names and faces appeared back on the screen behind them, along with their age and a picture of them the day they were informed they would become Promise. Fans giggled at the surprised expression each member wore and some were deeply moved by some of the tears that were captured in the pictures. 

"So what do you guys think we should do while we wait for our MCs to show up? We already opened Pandora. We already shot our Cupid arrows. What else could we do?" Alice asked, having taken the temporal MC spot from AeBi along with MinJoo. MinJoo grinned from ear to ear, raising her microphone and singing a line from another song of their album.

"Could we...? Should we...?" MinJoo looked around the place, as if asking permission to the other members for permission. The other members smiled and nodded at her, having her bounce on her feet before glancing at the audience again. 

"Our album has six songs, right? There's Pandora, Cupid, Wild... We already performed two of those and Wild will be performed later on. What other songs does our album have? What do you think it's the next song we will perform?" She asked at the members, who quickly blurted out names: A little More, Female President and B.B.B.

"Okay, great job!" She clapped happily, looking around the public and smiling broadly. Making a familiar dance move for the audience, which they had seen in their appearance in Real GOT7 and by the cheering, they did remember it. "Hey! Neo neo neo?" She said, raising a hand to her ear and leaning forward to hear the response from the fans.

"We've earned it. This is Big Baby Baby!" She said, scurrying into her position as the crowd cheered and the lights dimmed around the girls dressed in white. They were given just a few seconds before the stage was lit up with their signature green -teal- lights. 

 Daya, Lia, Rose and Ji-Eun on the ground, their long and slim figures permitting them to exude their sensuality with minor efforts while AeBi, Alice, MinJoo, Sky and Ace moved around the stage while dancing. They received their cue and the five members standing slid out of the way, allowing the girls on the ground to be seen and dance accordingly before they had to stand up. 

[Daya] Neon Big Baby Baby
[Sky] I Need Some Body Body
[Daya] Neon Big Baby Baby
[Sky] I wanna get your body tonight 
[Ace] Big Baby

[Daya] Neon Big Baby Baby
Neon Big Baby Baby

[Angel] Wae pillyohal ttae dalla neo? [Ace] Big baby
[Angel] Wae kkeutnamyeon dalla neo? [Ace] Big baby
[Angel] Wae eojewaneun dalla neo? [Ace] Big baby
[Angel] Wae oneul deo dalla neo? [Daya] Neon Big Baby Baby

[Sky] Nega geureoke nal bol ttaemada neukkyeojineun
Sigeobeorin gamjeongdeureul nunchi chaesseo
Ije eotteokharago [MinJoo] I gotta go~
Naega apeudago apeudago apeudago
Hwareul naego malhaebwado amu gwansim eomneun
Geureon moseube [Angel] I can't take no more~

[Rose] Neomu ppalla neo neomu dallajyeo honja heomuhaejin maeumi
Neomu keojyeoseo neomu apasseo
Neoreul hyanghan naui maeumeul apeuge haneun neo

[Lia] Hey, neo neo neo come back to me baby
Neoneoneoneoneoneoneoneon [Daya] Big Baby Baby
Hey, neo neo neo wanna be my baby?
Neoneoneoneoneoneoneoneon [Daya] Big Baby Baby

[Angel] Wae malkkeunmada dalla neo? [Ace] Big baby 
[Angel] Wae nunbichi dalla neo? [Ace] Big baby 
[Angel] Wae cheoeumirang dalla neo? [Ace] Big baby 
[Angel] Wae kkeuchirang dalla neo? [Daya] Big Baby Baby

[Sky] Nareul harujongil barabogo barabogo
Saenggakhaedo geureoke haedo bujokhada
Malhaejulttaen eonjego [MinJoo] Don’t you know?
Ije neodo mollae nado mollae kkeonaeeojin
Dareun neoui moseupdeuri nareul jakkuman himdeulge hae [Angel] I can't take no more~

[Rose] Neomu ppalla neo neomu dallajyeo honja heomuhaejin maeumi
Neomu keojyeoseo neomu apasseo
Neoreul hyanghan naui maeumeul apeuge haneun neo

[Lia] Hey, neo neo neo come back to me baby
Neoneoneoneoneoneoneoneon [Daya] Big Baby Baby
Hey, neo neo neo wanna be my baby?
Neoneoneoneoneoneoneoneon [Daya] Big Baby Baby

[MinJoo] Ppajyeodeunda ppajyeodeunda ppajyeodeunda neoneun naegero
[Daya] Big Baby Baby Big Baby Baby
[MinJoo] Doraonda doraonda doraonda cheoeum geuttaero
[Daya] Big Baby Baby Big Baby Baby

[AeBi] Big baby daeche waeirae igeo cham daechaek eomne
[Alice] Igeot jeogeot hana dul set net da aneun saiinde
[Ace] Dasi dorawa dorawa dorawa dorawa ~
[Angel] Dasi naege dorawa~

[Rose] Neomu ppalla neo neomu dallajyeo honja heomuhaejin maeumi
Neomu keojyeoseo neomu apasseo
Neoreul hyanghan naui maeumeul apeuge haneun neo

[Lia] Hey, neo neo neo come back to me baby
Neoneoneoneoneoneoneoneon [Daya] Big Baby Baby
Hey, neo neo neo wanna be my baby?
Neoneoneoneoneoneoneoneon [Daya] Big Baby Baby


Author's Note: So hello guys! Another chapter, next will be the last chapter that has to do with the showcase! I did my best to mention everyone in the chapter, even when they didn't have didn't have the chance to speak, so I hope everyone is happy with the end result. Oh and if you guys didn't understand why some of the lyrics were in Italics and in teal, it's because they are part of the fanchant. I hope you all guys liked this and I will get back to writing this after this chapter is done. Comment away~