The Order Of Our Love and Goodbye, Were Those Predetermined Too?

Heaven

Seung Hyun was on his way to work, when suddenly a luxury black car pulled up in front of him, blocking his way. He stopped in his tracks.

A man in a white suit and dark shades got out of the car. He came towards Seung Hyun.

“Are you Song Seung Hyun?” he asked.

“Er yes, I am. Who are you?” he asked, taken aback that the man knew his name.

“I am Kim So Eun’s fiance.”

At that moment, Seung Hyun could feel the atmosphere around them become tensed.

“What do you want from me?”

Lee Joon took off his shades and smirked.

“That’s a pretty smart question. What do I want from you. What do you think I want?”

Seung Hyun shrugged, pretending not to know anything.

“Are you playing dumb or are you just plain dumb?” Lee Joon was already getting irritated by Seung Hyun’s feigned ignorance.

“I really have no idea what business you have with me. Now, if you’ll excuse me,” Seung Hyun tried to get away but Lee Joon stopped him. He put a hand on Seung Hyun’s shoulder and squeezed it.

“Drop your act.”

“Get your hand off me.”

Lee Joon held up his hands.

“I don’t mean any harm. Yet. But, if you still continue to see So Eun after this, don’t say that I didn’t warn you.”

“What if I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear everything you’ve just said?” Seung Hyun asked bravely.

“Don’t try me,” Lee Joon gave his final warning before he got back into his car. He took one last look at Seung Hyun before speeding off.

 

So Eun was having dinner with Lee Joon at a Chinese restaurant that night.

“So, how is school so far? Everything okay?” Lee Joon started the conversation.

So Eun nodded.

“Nay, everything’s good. I’m sitting for my final exams soon. I have much to prepare for.”

“That’s good. Study hard for it. Are you going to continue studying after we get married?”

“Uh, why? You don’t allow it?”

“Anyo. I don’t have any problem if that is what you want. You can continue studying overseas too. Don’t worry about your expenses. I’ll take care of it.”

So Eun smiled slightly.

“Oh, I haven’t really thought about that.”

“I see. Well, take your time. Anyway, I still haven’t got the chance to meet any of your friends. When are you going to bring me to meet them?”

“Joon-ah...” she started but he cut her off.

“You should really start calling me oppa. I am your fiance and older than you after all,”he said with a smile.

So Eun blushed.

“Mianhamnida...” but she was interrupted again.

“Don’t be so formal with me. We are going to be husband and wife soon.”

So Eun went silent. The term ‘husband’ was overwhelming for her.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, sensing the change in her.

“Oh, nothing. Sorry about that, Joon oppa,” she stammered a bit.

Lee Joon grinned.

“That sounds better. So, when should we start looking for our wedding clothes? Are you free tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow?” she started to answer but suddenly she remembered something. It was going to be Seung Hyun’s birthday tomorrow! No way can she miss it.

“Actually oppa...” but he cut her off.

“I’ll pick you up after school tomorrow and we will go to the shop together. Okay? Come, let’s eat. The food’s getting cold.” He started eating, not waiting for So Eun to answer.

So Eun frowned. How was she going to get out of this?

 

The next day at school, So Eun tried to find Seung Hyun to give him his birthday present and wish him but he was nowhere to be found.

School had already ended. Lee Joon was coming to pick her up any minute. Where on Earth is Seung Hyun?

Someone tapped her from behind. She whirled around.

“Mir!”

“Hey you. What are you doing here?”

“Have you seen Seung Hyun? I want to give him this,” she showed him the nicely wrapped present.

“His birthday today?”

She nodded.

“Well, what’s the problem? You guys always go out after school. You can give him then. He’ll be here soon.”

So Eun sighed.

“The problem is that Lee Joon is taking me out today and he’s going to be here anytime now. I need to see Seung Hyun now.”

“Wow, you’re ditching your boyfriend on his birthday to go out with your fiance? Okay, that sounds complicated.”

“Please don’t make it sound like it’s my fault,” she begged. “I tried to tell Lee Joon I had other plans today but he wouldn’t listen to me.”

“Stubborn guy you’ve got there.”

“Tell me about it.”

Just then, a car honked. So Eun turned around.

“Oh no, Lee Joon is already here. I’ve got to go. Listen Mir, can you do me a favour? Please pass this to Seung Hyun when you see him. Please?”

Mir took the present from her.

“Fine. Get going now, before he gets mad,” he joked.

“Kamsahamnida Mir. Saranghae-yo!” she gave him a quick hug before hurrying towards where Lee Joon was waiting for her.

Mir waited until they were out of sight and shook his head. His bestfriend’s love life was such a mess. With the present still in his hand, he started to make his way out of school. Suddenly, he bumped into a figure who was standing still in front of him. He looked up to see who he had knocked into.

“Seung Hyun!” he called out in surprise.

But there was no reaction from him. His eyes were fixed on something. Mir followed is gaze. Just minutes ago, Lee Joon’s car was parked there. Where he was waiting for So Eun. No wonder Seung Hyun seemed like he had just seen a ghost.

“Hyun-ah,” he called out again, nudging him.

Seung Hyun blinked his eyes, snapped out of his trance.

“Mir,” he said slowly.

“Annyeong!” Mir said cheerfully, trying to distract him. “I have a delivery for you!”

“Delivery?” Seung Hyun asked confused.

Mir held up the present he was holding.

“So Eun asked me to pass this to you. She said, she had tried searching for you the whole day but couldn’t find you. Where were you anyway?”

“Oh. I was busy,” he replied, but his mind was still elsewhere.

“I see. Well, she said this is her birthday present for you. She’s really sorry she couldn’t celebrate with you today. She tried to tell Lee Joon she wasn’t free today, but. That guy is persistent,” Mir said, trying to make Seung Hyun feel better. “Take it,” he passed the present to him but Seung Hyun made no move to take it.

Mir took his hand and put the present on it. He started to leave but turned around at the last minute.

“I hope you don’t hold it against So Eun. It wasn’t her fault. I know for the fact that you mean a lot to her. It’s just that, she really have no other choice now.”

“You’re right,” he said softly. “I shouldn’t put her in a spot. This is such a burden on her.”

“Seung Hyun, you know that’s not what I meant.”

Seung Hyun took a moment to compose himself. He then looked up with a forced smile.

“It’s okay Mir. Thanks anyway. I’ll see you around,” he gave Mir a pat on the back and walked away.

 

Mir’s POV

I wished there was some way I could help the both of them. It’s true, I don’t  really like Seung Hyun at first. But that was just because I’m jealous of him. I’m jealous that So Eun look at him in a way she had never look at me before. Yes, I love her. But I’m willing to sacrifice for her happiness. I’d do anything to make her happy. And she’s happy with Seung Hyun, that’s all that matters. But now, Lee Joon is coming between them. I hate the fact that it’s breaking them apart, especially So Eun. This whole thing is definitely tearing her up inside. I wished I could make it all better. I just want to see her smile sincerely again, just like how she did before.

 

Seung Hyun’s POV

I held So Eun’s present in my hands. I stared at it for a long time, unsure whether I should open it.

I looked at my watch. My birthday was ending in 10 more minutes but I still haven’t got a personal birthday wish from her. Did he really have to take her out for the whole day? Can’t he spare her for just 5 minutes? I clenched my fists in frustration.

I closed my eyes and was about to drift off when I heard someone knocking on my door. I got up lazily, wondering who had come at time like this.

Saengil chukha hamnida!” So Eun threw her arms around me the second I open the door. I was caught off guard.

I laughed, my worries gone temporarily, now that she’s here with me.

“Kamsahamnida. I thought you had forgotten about it.”

So Eun pinched my cheeks.

“Silly boy. How can I forget about it? And anyway, I thought I already asked Mir to pass your present?”

“He did. But, it isn’t the same as coming personally from you.”

So Eun pouted.

“I did try to find you. But you were playing hide and seek the whole day.”

“You just didn’t try hard enough.”

“Aigoo! Now you’re blaming me?”

I chuckled and checked my watch.

“You’re lucky. There are still a few more minutes left. Don’t I get a birthday kiss or something?” I .

So Eun narrowed her eyes at me.

“You don’t ask for it. You only get it if the person wants to give.”

I cracked up.

“Jagiya, this is me. Do you still not know me?”

That made So Eun smile.

“Seung Hyun,” she came closer to me and tiptoed. I had to stifle my laugh. It was too cute, seeing her petite frame always have to make an effort because of my 180cm height. I hugged her close.

“Saranghamnida,” she whispered and our lips met.

 

A car was parked outside of Seung Hyun’s house. Someone was watching them closely.

Lee Joon gritted his teeth, trying to control his anger. He’d been keeping quiet for some time now. This boy doesn’t know when to quit.

He took a deep breath and held back the tears that had already started to form in his eyes. To witness this for himself. To be betrayed by someone he loved dearly. It was all too much for him to take. He had to do something fast, before he lose So Eun for good.