I Want To Believe This Feeling Is Real

Heaven

“So what now? What’s going to happen now?” Seung Hyun asked when they were at the park one evening.

He was sitting at one end and So Eun at the other end. They look like rivals rather than lovers.

“I don’t know,” So Eun said softly. She fidgeted with the ring on her finger. Her engagement ring. Seung Hyun noticed her doing that.

“You know I can buy a better ring than that,” he said with mock seriousness.

That made So Eun laugh a little.

“I know you can.”

“You’re lying.”

“What about?”

“You know I can’t afford to buy you any ring. What more a ring like that.”

“Even if you give me a ring made out of wood, I’d still gladly take this ring off and wear yours.”

“Really? You can make a ring out of wood?”

So Eun threw a branch of tree at him.

“Try and see it for yourself then.”

Seung Hyun chuckled. He knew how serious the situation between them had become and he could feel the tension in the air. But that’s the thing about So Eun, she can make him feel calm, even in situations like this.

He scooted closer to her.

“What did Bum hyung said about me?” he asked, already aware of the fact that So Eun’s brother had already figured out about them.

“He asked why did my taste dropped drastically,” So Eun said jokingly.

Seung Hyun nudged her, a little bit too hard. So Eun laughed.

“Do you even have a taste to begin with?” he shot back.

“Actually no. I’ve never really thought about guys.”

“Are you straight?”

So Eun stared at him.

“Actually, you do make a pretty girl.”

“Ah, you’re jealous I’m prettier than you.”

“That’s unfair. You’re supposed to be handsome and leave the pretty part to me. Now what am I supposed to become?”

“You are already everything.”

“What?”

“Beautiful, pretty, cute, gorgeous, sweet, innocent...”

“Okay, that’s enough,” So Eun cut him off, already blushing.

Seung Hyun couldn’t resist pinching her cheeks.

“What was that for?”

“For having cute cheeks. I like yours.”

“Let me try pinching yours,” So Eun said, already reaching out to do it but Seung Hyun docked and avoided.

“One for one,” she said, still not giving up.

“Catch me if you can,” he was already running away.

So Eun ran after him.

“Okay, you can’t escape now,” she said when she managed to grab hold of him a few minutes later.

But Seung Hyun surprised her by turning her around and pinning her to the ground. She tried to free herself but he pushed both his hands to the ground, blocking her way.

“Let’s see who is the one who can’t escape now,” he said in a low voice, with a grin.

“I’m going to count to three and if you don’t let me off, I’m going to scream.”

“Go ahead,” he challenged.

“One...Two...”

“Three,” he finished for her.

She opened but no sound came out.

“Haha, why aren’t you screaming? You like it like this don’t you?”

“Song Seung Hyun, my back is hurting because of the rough ground surface. Can I please get up now?”

Seung Hyun put one hand under her back and lifted her up a bit.

“Is that better?”

“I want to get up, as in stand up.”

“I’m not letting you go. Not before you say three very important words to me.”

“What is it?” she sighed.

“Sa-rang-hae,” he winked at her.

“Why should I say that?”

“Because you’re tired lying like this and of course, because you love me and want to say it to me.”

“You’re the most thick skinned guy I’ve ever met!”

“I’ve been told worst.”

So Eun bit her lips hard.

“Well, are you going to say it or not? Or we can stay like this forever.”

“Come nearer. Let me whisper in your ear.”

Seung Hyun smiled and leaned in close.

“I...hate you!” she said quickly and pushed him away since he was caught off guard. She started to run away.

“Oh! That was a dirty trick!”

So Eun turned around and stuck her tongue out.

“You’re dead when I catch you!” he started to chase her.

So Eun laughed and continued running.

 

“What would you like to eat?” Lee Joon asked So Eun when they were out together one day.

She gave him a small smile.

“Anything. I don’t mind. I’m not that hungry anyway.”

“Hmm, in that case. Where should we go to now? I want to do something fun with you.”

“Fun? Um, I’m not too sure. Where would you like to go?”

“Let’s go to the beach and take a walk there. It’s a nice weather.”

“Okay, sure.”

 

“Tell me more about yourself,” Lee Joon said when they were strolling along the beach.

So Eun picked up a stick and started playing with it.

“What would you like to know?”

“Anything. It’s been years since we last saw each other. There must have been a lot of changes.”

“Oh, haha. Nothing much. I’m still the same I guess. Still careless, silly, always tripping over stuffs...”

“Cheerful, bubbly, funny,” Lee Joon added.

So Eun looked up at him.

“Well, that was how I remember you. Are you still like that?”

“Uh, I guess so.”

Suddenly, he took her hand in his and pulled her closer. He laced his fingers with hers. So Eun was too stunned to do anything.

“I know what is on your mind Eun. You’re thinking that all of this is happening too fast,” he began.

So Eun just kept quiet, not wanting to say anything.

“But I promise you, I’m going to take very good care of you and give you love that no one else has ever given you before. I’ll do anything I can to make you happy always. All I need is one chance from you. Can you do that for me?”

So Eun gulped. What was she supposed to say? She didn’t want to disappoint Lee Joon but she could not let Seung Hyun down either. She pulled away her hand from his grasp.

“I still need some time to adjust myself to this situation,” she gave an excuse.

Lee Joon nodded in agreement.

“I understand. Take all the time you need. Anyway, we still have a few months till we get married. There will be plenty of time for us to get to know each other.”

So Eun smiled disheartenedly. Since when did her love life got so complicated?

 

“Well, thank you for not inviting us to your engagement party,” Jiyoung pouted.

The three of them were studying in the library during their free period.

“Why didn’t you even tell us about your fiance? Okay, that sounds weird. So Eun has a fiance now,” Mir shuddered.

So Eun nudged him.

“Don’t make it sound anymore worse than it already is. And I’m sorry. It’s not that I didn’t want to invite you guys. But, I’m having a hard time myself convincing myself that this is really happening.”

“Why did you agree to get engaged Eunnie?” Jiyoung asked. “And what about Seung Hyun? I thought you guys are together now?”

So Eun sighed.

“That’s the problem. You know how my appa and umma is. They won’t listen to me. And I know them. They won’t approve of Seung Hyun.”

Jiyoung eyes widened.

“Are you still going to continue with your relationship? What if Lee Joon and your family find out about this?”

“I don’t know!” So Eun wailed, earning angry glares from other students who were trying to study.

“Sorry,” she smiled sheepishly.

“Why won’t they approve of Seung Hyun? Have you brought him to meet your family?” Mir asked.

“Like you don’t know they are. Kim Bum oppa knows about us. And he’s okay. He always supports me. Appa and umma are the problem. And anyway, this marriage will secure a business deal for them.”

“So in other words, they are using you,” Mir said bluntly.

Jiyoung kicked him under the table.

“What? True isn’t it? If they really care about your feelings, they wouldn’t have force you into this marriage.”

“The worst part of it, Seung Hyun had to witness the whole incident of Lee Joon putting the ring on me.”

“What?” both Mir and Jiyoung exclaimed.

“Shh!” other students scolded them. They apologised quickly.

“What was he doing there?” Jiyoung hissed.

“He was taking up a part time job as a waiter for the function. The look on his eyes. The disappointment. I feel so guilty.”

“How sad for you guys,” Jiyoung said softly. “I’m so sorry Eunnie.”

So Eun smiled and shook her head.

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault.”

“Well, if you don’t clear this up soon, it will turn into one huge mess. And trust me, you wouldn’t want that,” Mir reminded her.

“I know,” So Eun said sadly.

 

“Oh my god, that is not how you cycle young lady!” Seung Hyun shrieked.

So Eun burst out laughing at Seung Hyun’s high pitched voice. As a result, she lost balance of the bicycle she was cycling on and fell down.

“Eunnie! Are you okay?” Seung Hyun immediately rushed to her side.

So Eun hit him on the arm hard.

“It’s all your fault,” she said in mock anger but she was still laughing.

“What? How can it be? You were the one who did not know how to cycle and balance yourself.”

“I told you I do not know how to cycle! Why did you still insist on it?”

“Because I know it will be hilarious to watch you fall like this,” he grinned.

“Go! Go away! I don’t want to see you!” she pushed him away, but she was smiling.

Instead of going away, he came closer and hugged her in his arms.

“The more I want to see you.” He tightened his grip on her.

“Ah! Let me go!”

“Anyo. You still owe me three words.”

“Okay, let me go and I will let you have a bonus too.”

“Really? What is it?” Seung Hyun asked curiously.

“Let me go and you will find out,” So Eun grinned.

“No, I don’t want to get tricked again. You have to say it first.”

“Then you won’t get it.”

“Okay okay fine!” he gave in and let go of her.

So Eun giggled and was glad that she finally has the chance to catch her breath. Seung Hyun sure has a strong grip.

Seung Hyun put his face just a few inches away from her.

“Now, say it,” he whispered.

So Eun stared into his eyes. Her heart was racing fast. Being so close with Seung Hyun still makes her nervous yet excited at the same time. Slowly, she put her hands around his neck.

She leaned in close to him to whisper in his right ear.

“Sa.”

Then his left ear.

“Rang.”

And she finally faced him.

“Hae.”

She paused awhile before leaning in close again. Seung Hyun was silent the whole time, waiting to see what else she was going to do.

Slowly and gently, she kissed his right cheek.

She pulled away just as fast. She started to get up but Seung Hyun grabbed her hand.

“Was that the surprise?” he asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Well, what were you expecting?”

Seung Hyun took both her hands and placed it on the left side of his chest.

“Saranghae, Kim So Eun.”

She broke into a huge smile.

“Come here,” he said, indicating for her to come closer.

She did, and just as sweetly as she had done to him, he kissed her gently on the lips. So Eun closed her eyes.

They pulled away after a few seconds.

“Jagiya, thank you, for making me believe that this feeling is real. All this while, I thought that this is just a dream that I will be waking up to soon,” Seung Hyun told her.

“Why do you say that?”

“Well, to be dating someone like you, it feels like a miracle. I’m so thankful that I found you, So Eun. You make me feel alive. Everything seems to be better with you by my side.”

That made So Eun blushed.

“And I know, I’m still going to lose you in the end. But, just let me enjoy this moment while it last.”

So Eun placed a finger on his lips.

“Shh, don’t say that. We will make this work, believe me.”

Seung Hyun just smiled, not wanting to say anything else, that might hurt her or himself.