Please Tell Me There's A Way

Heaven

So Eun’s POV

What am I doing? Why do I still carry on with this? Seung Hyun appears all tough and okay in front of me but I know he’s hurting inside. Which boyfriend, is okay with his girlfriend getting engaged to another guy? But on the other hand, I can’t go against appa wishes. Maybe I should have a talk with Lee Joon. Hyunnie, mianhe. For doing this to you.

“Eunnie-ah, are you ready yet?” Kim Bum called out from outside her bedroom door.

So Eun looked up startled from her thoughts. She took a deep breath and checked her reflection on the mirror. She stood up slowly and smoothed down her lilac dress. They were going to have dinner that night with Lee Joon’s family, to discuss about the wedding preparations.

So Eun opened her door and found Kim Bum waiting for her.

“All done? Appa and umma are waiting in the car. Come, let’s go,” he grabbed his sister’s hand but So Eun pulled it away.

“Oppa.”

Kim Bum turned around.

“What’s wrong?”

“Can I not do this please?” she tried again, her voice desperate.

Kim Bum sighed. As much as he wanted to help her, he didn’t know what else to do either. He gave his sister’s hand a tight squeeze.

“Eunnie-ah, give it a try. We’ll go and meet them now. Get to know Lee Joon. Maybe, you guys can work something out.”

So Eun looked down at her feet.

“Come here,” he pulled her closer and hugged her. “I’ll always support your decision no matter what, okay?”

So Eun nodded.

 

“Joon-ah, it’s been so long since we last saw you. You’ve grown up to become such a fine young man,” Mrs Kim spoke up while they were having dinner at the restaurant.

Lee Joon, who was sitting beside So Eun, blushed slightly at the compliment.

“Kamsahamnida Mrs Kim,” he bowed slightly.

“Don’t be so formal with me. We’re going to be family soon aren’t we?”

Lee Joon laughed a little.

“That’s true.”

“So, can we set the exact date now? You know, so we can have some time to do the preparations and all that,” Mr Lee said.

“We’ll have the engagement party tomorrow. And we can also make an official annoucement about their engagement and their wedding which is going to happen end of this year. 25 Dec, sounds good?” Mr Kim asked.

The rest of them nodded and agreed. So Eun squirmed in her seat. Lee Joon noticed her anxiety beside her. He leaned in to her.

“Are you okay?”

“Huh? Er, nay. Nay. I’m fine,” she gave a tight smile.

Lee Joon smiled back at her. Kim Bum noticed their awkwardness too.

“So, since it’s been settled, shall we eat now?” he gave his most charming smile, to divert their attention from talking further about the wedding. He knew, it was making So Eun uncomfortable. 

 

Okay, this may be a little boring but the next chapter is going to be better :) At least, I hope so. Haha.