The Beginning of Something Beautiful

Heaven

Seung Hyun’s POV

I don’t know why I did that. Explaining what the cactus mean to me, telling her I see her the same way I see the cactus. I wonder what does she think of me now. Everytime I see her, I can’t shake of this feeling inside of me. I feel happy, free of all my problems. Her smile makes my troubles seem so far away. I didn’t let her pay, because I wanted to give the cactus as a present to her. I wanted her to treat it specially.

 

So Eun keep on replaying the scene from the florist shop in her head. She smiled to herself. She kept thinking about how Seung Hyun had grabbed her hand and pulled her into the shop, and when she held his hand. There was some sort of connection there. She didn’t know what it was, but it was enough to make her feel giddy. And she realised, the whole time she spent with Seung Hyun, she didn’t think about the marriage thing even once.

As she was daydreaming, suddenly someone yanked her bag from behind. She was too stunned to do anything.

“Thief! Thief!” she shouted a few seconds later and started to run after the guy who was riding a motorbike. But So Eun know, her chances of catching up to him were slim. She then felt someone dashed past her on a bicycle. It took a moment to realise it was Seung Hyun. He was gaining speed on the thief. He continued to cycle as fast as he could. At the very last second, he threw himself off the bicycle and jumped on the thief and tackled him to the ground. He fought the thief off and managed to grab back the bag. The thief then quickly hopped back on his bike and sped off. Seung Hyun started to cycle back to where So Eun was waiting for him.

“This must be yours,” he handed her the bag.

“Kamsahamnida! You don’t know what this means to me,” she cried out.

Seung Hyun took a couple of deep breaths.

“You must be really tired. I’m so sorry that you had to do that for me,” So Eun bit her lip.

“Why are you alone anyway? I thought you always have a chaffeur driving you around.”

“I told him to go home first. I just needed to be alone.”

“And walked this street alone?”

“I wanted to take a shortcut.”

He shook his head.

“Don’t you know that it’s very dangerous for a girl to walk by herself here?”

“What are you doing here anyway? I thought you were working.”

“You were my last customer for the day. And I saw you walking here. I felt uneasy. So I decided to keep a close look on you. Lucky thing I did. Who knows what else he would have done.”

So Eun shuddered at the thought.

“Thank you once again,” she bowed slightly. “I’ll be going now.”

But Seung Hyun blocked her way.

“Did you not learn anything at all? I just told you it is dangerous for a girl to walk alone here. Hop on, I’ll send you home.”

“No no,” So Eun started to decline. “You must be exhausted. You can go on ahead. I’ll be okay.”

“Do I have to carry you?”

So Eun stared at him.

“You wouldn’t do that.”

“Try me.”

She decided not to take the chance and got on his bicycle.

“But, are you sure you can do it?”

“You’re a petite girl so just keep quiet and hold on tight,” he said getting on the cyclist seat.

“If you don’t hold on to me, you’re going to fall off and it’s not going to be my problem.”

So Eun started to put her hands on his waist hesitantly.

“I’m nice to hold onto,” he joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

She scrunched up her nose, still not fully convinced.

“Well, don’t say I didn’t warn you,” he said and started to cycle away.

Halfway down the road, Seung Hyun started to increase his speed. He felt So Eun’s grip on his waist tightened immediately.

“Why are you going so fast?” So Eun demanded.

“I don’t want to get you home too late.”

“Can you please slow down a little?” she plead.

But he ignored her and continued to cycle at high speed.

Finally, they reached her house.

“Wow,” he whistled. “You do live in a mansion.”

But there was no response from So Eun. He quickly turned around. He saw her pale face.

“Are you okay?” he asked, suddenly worried he might have over done it.

She smacked his arm with her bag.

“I’m never riding with you again!”

He laughed.

“Oh come on. I already warned you. But you didn’t want to hold on tight.”

“So you were taking advantage of me?” she stood closer to him until they were only inches apart. He looked down at her small button nose then stared into her warm brown eyes. He felt his heart racing, standing this close to her.

“Don’t blame me. You were the stubborn one.”

“Admit it. You wanted me to hug you tightly,” she said, with a mischievious glint in her eyes.

He his lips nervously.

“Ahem,” someone interruped their moment. They both turned towards the voice.

“Oppa!” So Eun said startled. She didn’t notice that Kim Bum was standing there by the gate.

Kim Bum pointed towards his watch and pretended to be angry.

“This is all your fault,” she hissed at Seung Hyun. “I’ll settle it with you tomorrow at school.” She pushed him aside and rushed  inside.

He just watched her go. Then he looked at Kim Bum and bowed slightly. Kim Bum just nodded back and went after his sister.

Seung Hyun grinned to himself thinking about what had just happened.