Heaven

Heaven

Your white dress is blindingly beautiful, so is the ring I put on your finger.

I had promised that I’ll only love you forever, that I’ll only protect you. But why are you leaving me?

I love you. Even when I shout your name, why can’t you answer me? I couldn’t even tell you goodbye. Don’t go, how can you leave me? What can I do by myself? Please don’t leave me.

Is this rain, your tear that you shed on your way?

Is this wind, your long sigh?

My life is...my love is...only you, No one but you. But why are you leaving me, you awful person?

Your smiling picture looks really sad today. I embrace you on my arms.

I am sorry that I leave you by yourself like this

That I just remain here

I miss you like crazy

 

“You look stunning in that dress,” Jiyoung said as she was helping So Eun get ready for her wedding.

So Eun managed a weak smile.

“Eunnie-ah, please smile. You’re the bride today. It’s your day,” Jiyoung tried to cheer her up.

“But Lee Joon isn’t the groom I want,” So Eun said softly.

Jiyoung sat down beside her and gave her a tight hug.

“Just accept this as your fate Eunnie. You’ve tried your best. There’s nothing else you can do.”

“I haven’t seen Seung Hyun in months,” So Eun said sadly.

“He’s probably gone somewhere far, to make things easier for you and himself. He doesn’t want to witness this day and you know that.”

“I still have many things to say to him...”

Just then Mir walked into the room.

“Eunnie-ah, here’s a letter for you,” he said as he handed her a white envelope.

So Eun took it with shaky hands.

“From who?”

Mir shrugged.

“It was left on your front door. I picked it up when I was walking in. There’s no other name on it.”

So Eun traced her fingers lightly on the envelope. It read,

To: Kim So Eun

She started to open the letter slowly. Jiyoung and Mir backed away slightly to give her some privacy.

So Eun started reading the letter to herself.

My love Kim So Eun,

            Today is your big day and I’m sorry I can’t be around to witness it. Losing you is already hard enough.

            I still remember the first day we met. I had knocked you down accidentally with my bicycle. Please know that wasn’t intentional. I expected you to make a big deal out of it, but instead you just smiled and said it was okay.

            The second time, you saved me from being beaten up to death. Okay, I’m exaggerating. But you stepped forward, when everyone else just stood and watched. You held me close to you, for the first time and comforted me. For once, I really believed things are going to get better for me and that perhaps, you’re my guidance angel.

            I was angry when I found out you had paid for me my loan. I was angry because I was ashamed of myself and I had my pride as a man. But you said, to take it as a loan from you so in this envelope too, you can find the money which I owed you. We’re even now.

            One day, you came to my workplace, looking all gloomy and down. My heart ached seeing you like that. I wanted to ask you what was troubling you, but I was still a stranger then. I went on explaining what does the cactus means to me, because to me, you’re just like that cactus. There are many obstacles to get near you. I know where I stand jagiya.

            After that, it was my turn to save you from that crook. I admit, I took advantage of the situation later, when I asked you to put your hands around my waist. I wanted to feel how it was like, your arms around me. I’m sorry I cycled too fast that day, I just wanted to tease you.

            Then, things just happened. We started getting closer and I was sure of my feelings for you. When you first told me of your engagement, I was so disappointed. I didn’t know what to do. But I just took the courage to let you know my real feelings. Heaven was on my side, you returned those feelings.

            I wasn’t wrong about you. You’re the most amazing girl I’ve ever met. Not that I’ve had any previous girlfriends before you. But every time I look into your eyes, I know you’re the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Every time when our lips meet, it’s the most beautiful feeling ever. I really feel like I’m in heaven. Like I said, you’re my angel.

            I knew our ending was nearing with every passing second. It’s neither my fault nor yours my dear. Fate just have a way for us. We’re not meant to be and we have to learn to accept that. All the pain and hurt I’ve suffered during the whole time I was with you was worth it because of the love you gave me.

            I’m thankful to have met such a wonderful girl like you Kim So Eun. You’ve given me the happiness I’ve been longing all these while. Now, it’s time for you to pursue your own happiness. Give Lee Joon a chance my dear. He loves you very much and I know he’ll take very good care of you. To love someone, is to make sure of their happiness even if it’s not with you. I’ll always hold on to those words. If he can make you happy, I’m perfectly content with that. Please don’t ever shed another tear my love. Every single tear of yours add on to the wound in my heart.

            I love you Kim So Eun and I want you to be happy. Please don’t question about my disappearance anymore. Take it I was just another chapter in your life that has ended.

            Lastly, I wish you all the best in years to come. Smile and laugh always Eunnie. That’s the best cure to all heart aches.

Yours sincerely, the one who will always love you,

Song Seung Hyun

 

Tears sprang to So Eun’s eyes immediately. Her heart ached and longed to find Seung Hyun. She had to let him know, she can never love anyone else other than him.

She got up and headed for the door.

“Eunnie, where are you going?” Jiyoung asked.

“Somewhere. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be back soon.”

“But the ceremony is starting soon...” Jiyoung protested but So Eun was already out of the room.

“What should we do now?” Jiyoung turned towards Mir.

“I think we should follow her.”

Jiyoung nodded.

“Okay, let’s go.”

 

So Eun’s POV

I didn’t know what I was doing. I just know I had to find Seung Hyun as soon as possible. If he had left the letter just awhile ago, he can’t possibly be far away right? I have to find him and make things right.

I searched for him at all the possible places he might have gone too. I went to his house, the park, the beach, his workplace, but I couldn’t find him anywhere.

“Seung Hyun-ah, where are you?” I groaned to myself. The heels that I was wearing was killing me. My wedding dress was too long and I keep tripping. But I couldn’t give up just yet.

I decided to look for him at the train station. Maybe he was planning to leave Seoul for awhile. It was worth a try.

My mind was filled with thoughts of him, making me unaware of my surroundings. I just dashed across the road without looking at the oncoming traffic. I didn’t noticed, the car that was speeding straight at me.

Honk! Honk!

I turned just a bit too late. It was already too near to do anything. I froze, not knowing what to do. I closed my eyes and the last thing I saw on my mind was Seung Hyun’s face.

 

Seung Hyun’s POV

As soon as I dropped the letter at her house, I picked up my bags and headed for the train station. I wanted to get away. I didn’t want to be near her anymore. It was too painful.

I walked past the places I used to go with So Eun for the last time, reminiscing the memories. I can still see her smile, hear her laughter, and feel the warmth of her hugs.

It was time for me to go and leave this place behind. The only thing I brought with me was our memories, to accompany me.

I started walking towards the train station. Just as I was about to cross the road, I saw a familiar figure in a wedding dress dashing across the road. Then, I heard a loud honk coming from a speeding car.

I looked at So Eun horrified. The driver seem to have lost control of the car and there was no way he could stop in time. I did the first thing that came to my mind.

“So Eun!” I shouted, trying to get her attention.

She closed her eyes, not paying attention to anything else. Was this girl crazy? Why was she not moving?

There was no other choice, I had to save her. With all my might, I lunged myself towards her. I already knew the consequences before I did that. There was no way both of us could be saved.

I pushed her out of the way, clear of danger just in time before I felt the strong impact of the car hitting me.

 

So Eun’s POV

Just as I closed my eyes, I felt two strong hands pushing me away. I was caught off guard and stumbled onto the sidewalk.

What happened? I thought I was about to be hit by a car?

I turned around to see what was happening and my eyes widened.

“No! No! No! Seung Hyun! No!” I screamed.

With my own eyes, I saw him taking my place and being hit by the car instead. The impact was so strong that it sent him flying over the car and landed on the ground with a loud thud.

“No! Seung Hyun, no!” I cried, tears already streaming down my face as I made way through towards where he was lying unconscious.

“Seung Hyun!” I grabbed him and held him close tightly. “Stay with me!” I whispered fiercely.

His eyes fluttered open slowly and he smiled when he saw my face.

“So Eun, you’re safe...” he said slowly.

“Why? Why did you do that? Please Seung Hyun, don’t leave me. You’re going to be okay, I promise. Just hold on, while help is coming.”

“Somebody, call the ambulance!” I shouted.

“I can’t feel anything...” he said numbly.

“Shh. Don’t talk anymore. You shouldn’t move at all. Just stay awake okay. Don’t close your eyes.”

“I...feel...so...weak...”

“I know, I know. Please, just hold on awhile more. You’ll be fine,” I cried desperately. Why wasn’t help coming?

“So...Eun, did you...get my...letter?”

I nodded.

“Yes, I did.”

With shaky hands, he reached into his pocket and took out a ring. He found my hand and placed the ring on it.

“For...you...”

“What is this for?”

“It’s...my...biggest...wish...to...see you...wear it...”

With trembling hands, I wore the ring on my finger and held it up for him to see. He managed a weak smile.

“I’m sorry...I have...to leave you...so...soon...”he said as he carressed my cheek.

“No! No, you’re not leaving me. You can’t leave me.”

“You’ll...be...good on...your...own...You’re a...strong...girl...”

“No, no Seung Hyun. Please, don’t say this. I love you, please don’t leave me,” I begged him, the tears still flowing.

“I...want...you...to...be...happy...” his words were barely audible now. I felt for his pulse. I could barely feel it.

“Be strong, fight this! I know you can! I have faith in you.”

“Mianhe...I...love...you...”

And with that, he closed his eyes for the last time. I buried my face in his chest.

“Seung Hyun! Don’t go!”

 

Prologue;

I sat alone on the rocks by the beach as I watched the sunset.

My wedding was called off. I couldn’t go through with, not after what had happened. I told my parents I wanted to go overseas to continue my studies. I couldn’t stay here anymore. It holds a lot of memories for me, some of which I didn’t want to be reminded of.

I took off the ring which Seung Hyun had given me before he left me. I stared at it sadly, tears stinging in my eyes. Thinking of him always gives me pain. I had to let go of the ring.

I held it up high and with a heavy heart, I threw it into the sea. May all the memories of him fade away together with the ring.

Song Seung Hyun,

I love you

Please be happy in heaven

Please wait for me up there

Until the day I follow you

Goodbye... 

 

I know I don't have a lot of readers, but I really love this story and because of my dedicated reader, jlynne, and probably other silent readers,  I've decided to just finish up the story :) Thank you for the time you have put in to read this story of mine, I really appreciate it :)

So, tell me what did you think of the ending? Was it too fast? Or too sad? Or lame even? :))

& yeah, the first & last part is actually from one of my fav FT Island songs, Heaven. The song inspired me to do the story. Do listen to it if you haven't. It's really really beautiful :')