Don't Hate Me, Not Knowing That I Love You

Heaven

“I think you should go and have a talk with Seung Hyun,” Kim Bum said gently.

Fresh tears were flowing out of So Eun’s eyes.

“He wouldn’t even talk to me. How can I tell him anything?”

“Why not I go with you to see him?”

“Do you think he’ll listen to me oppa?”

Kim Bum nodded and gave her an encouraging smile.

“But what about appa? I’ll be dead if he finds out.”

“It’s okay. Just leave it to me. Come on, let’s go now.”

Kim Bum brought his sister out.

“Kim So Eun, where are you going?” Mr Kim demanded.

“I’m taking Eunnie out to clear her mind. This house is too crowded for her,” Kim Bum said, looking at Lee Joon.

“If I find out you’re still seeing that good for nothing boy...” Mr Kim warned but Kim Bum had already ushered So Eun out of the house.

 

Fifteen minutes later, they pulled up at Seung Hyun’s house. So Eun took a deep breath.

“Go ahead Eunnie. I’ll be right here waiting for you,” Kim Bum gave her a comforting smile.

She nodded and got out of the car. She walked up to his front door slowly.

“Seung Hyun-ah,” she knocked on the door. “It’s me. Can we talk?”

There was no response at first. So Eun was about to knock again when the door suddenly flew open.

“I think you should go home now,” Seung Hyun told her before she even had the chance to say anything.

“Seung Hyun-ah, why are you doing this? Please, just give me a chance to explain.”

“Huh. Explain what? About the fact that you actually have fallen for Lee Joon and you’re still going to marry him? Or about the fact that you have no more feelings for me and you’re trying to find an excuse to break up with me?”

“Song Seung Hyun!” So Eun gasped. “How can you-“

“Save it,” he cut her off. “I don’t want to hear anything else. I’ve had enough of this game that you’re playing. All that you’ve been saying are lies. Lies! Now leave, I don’t want to see you anymore!”

So Eun raised her hand to hit Seung Hyun’s face but she stopped halfway.

“Why? Why did you stop? Go on! Go! Hit me, I don’t care.”

She clenched her fist. Tears started welling up her eyes.

“Song Seung Hyun,” she said in a trembling voice. “How can you ever think that of me? Don’t you know me well enough? Don’t those days we spent together mean anything to you? What about those three words you’ve been hearing from me? You think that is something I can lie about? Joke about? You think all of this is just a game? Do you think I take love for a game?” she demanded, her voice still shaky. 

Seung Hyun stared at her, not saying anything. He opened his mouth to say something but then changed his mind.

“Go.”

“Fine. Fine, if that is what you want. But you know what? I hate you Song Seung Hyun. I hate you for giving up too easily!” were her last words before she ran back towards Kim Bum’s car.

Seung Hyun slammed the door shut and banged his head against the door. His own tears had already started flowing.

“Kim So Eun! Mianhe! Mianheyo!” he cried out. “Please don’t hate me. Please don’t. I still love you. Please forgive me, I’m so sorry that I hurt you. Why? Why did it have to come to this?”

“So Eun, saranghamnida!”

Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door.

 

So Eun was quiet the whole journey back home. Kim Bum dared not ask what had happened.

He finally pulled up at their house.

“Eunnie-ah, we’re home.”

So Eun looked up startled, her thoughts were obviously elsewhere.

“Oh.” She got out of the car. Kim Bum followed after her.

“Dongsaeng, are you okay?” he asked concerned.

So Eun gave a slight nod.

“I’m fine, don’t worry.”

His sister was far from being fine but he knew better than to press her for details.

So Eun opened their front door and stopped dead in her tracks.

“Eunnie-ah, why...” Kim Bum started to ask but then he saw what made his sister suddenly stopped.

There, right in the middle of their living room, waiting for them, were their parents, Lee Joon and Seung Hyun. There were a couple of bodyguards standing at either side of Seung Hyun. They were both holding on to him tightly as he tried to free himself.

“Seung Hyun...” So Eun called out in surprise.

“Is this the guy that you’re madly in love with? Is this the guy who made you rude to your elder? Is he the one who came between you and Lee Joon?” her father asked.

“Appa...What are you doing? Why is Seung Hyun here?” So Eun asked in confusion. She glanced at her mother, hoping she would tell her something but she just shrugged and look away.

“You come here now,” Mr Kim pulled her roughly by the arm.

“Ow appa! That hurts! Let me go!”

“Appa! You’re hurting Eunnie!” Kim Bum tried to stop their father but two other bodyguards stopped him.

Mr Kim pushed So Eun to the floor, right in front of Seung Hyun. He gripped her arm hard.

“You look at this man now, you look at him carefully! Is this the man you want to spend the rest of your life with? Now look at Lee Joon. Compare the both of them. What does he have that Lee Joon doesn’t?” Mr Kim demanded.

“Tell me!” he bellowed, his grip on her became tighter, almost twisting it.

“Appa! Please, you’re hurting me. Umma, help me,” So Eun begged.

“Hubby, calm down. We can talk things out slowly,” Mrs Kim tried, her heart went out to her daughter.

“Keep quiet!”

Mr Kim nodded to one of the bodyguard who was holding on to Seung Hyun.

The bodyguard then punched him in the stomach.

“Ugh!” he grunted in pain.

The other one then kicked him in the stomach too. Seung Hyun went down on his knees.

“Appa! What are you doing? Let Seung Hyun go!” So Eun tried to free herself and rescue him but Mr Kim pulled her back by the hair.

“Ouch!” she cried.

“Don’t you dare go help him. Why? Does it pain your heart, seeing him being hurt like that?”

He nodded again at the bodyguards. They started to take turns bashing him up in front of So Eun.

Still struggling to free herself, So Eun continued to plead with her father.

“Appa, please. Don’t do this to him. Please, let Seung Hyun go. Please appa, I’m begging you.”

“More!” Mr Kim totally ignored his daughter, his anger already taking over his sanity.

Seung Hyun was given punch after punch, kick after kick, his wounds from the other day still not fully recovered.

“Stop!” So Eun cried out, tears streaming down her face. “Stop! Please stop!” she screamed.

Mr Kim slapped her across the face.

“Appa!” Kim Bum shouted, not able to hold back any longer. “Stop hurting Eunnie!”

“Now tell me, are you going to marry Lee Joon or not?”

So Eun still in pain, shook her head.

She was given another slap, already bleeding.

“Anyo! Please, stop,” this time it was Seung Hyun who spoke up, through his badly wounded mouth. His voice could barely be heard.

But he still forced himself to speak, though he had to struggle very hard.

“Please, I’m begging you. Don’t hit So Eun anymore. I’ll do anything you want. Please, just don’t hurt her anymore,” Seung Hyun kneeled down in front of Mr Kim.

“Do you promise not to see my daughter anymore?”

“I promise,” Seung Hyun said in a hoarse voice.

Mr Kim pulled him up by the collar of his shirt.

“Remember, you don’t deserve my daughter. You don’t deserve a place in this family!” he spat. “Take him out!”

The two bodyguards dragged Seung Hyun out.

Seung Hyun took one last look at So Eun, who was lying by the sofa. His sad sorrowful eyes tried to tell her that he was sorry. That he was deeply sorry for causing her so much pain. And that he truly regretted he could not do anything to save their love. 

 

I like this chapter, but it seems a bit rushed? Idk, hopefully it's good enough :)