[Rv] Survivor

❂ The Forgotten Phoenix ❂ : Review + Advertisement Shop

Survivor by AnnieWilson

Genre: angst, thriller, apocalypse

Description: A soldier is sent out with a team to scavenge for supplies to keep their camp alive. He finds the diary of a girl who was born in 2010, nine years before the war that started it all. The war that began the end of the world. Through her story, he learns that there might just be a key to the world's salvation.

 

Title: 8/10

The readers' first impression of the book is the title and the title of this fanfic was a little bit vague. Even though it was a little bit simple, it got me curious because I like thriller books. 

Story Description: 8/10

The description for the story definitely pulled me in but it didn't tell me much. All I know is that there's this war happening and the soldier finds a diary by a girl who experienced the happenings of the war. Maybe you could add a little bit more by writing about The Beginnings or The Raid instead of having their meanings on the first chapter? 

Character Description: 5/5

A simple description for each character was good because it told enough without giving any important events of the story.

Graphics: 5/5

The pictures fit nicely with the storyline and the characters. 

Grammar / Vocabulary: 19/25

The vocabulary usage was fine. I noticed that you tend to have some run-on sentences and lack of or misuse commas. I know that the story switches back and forth between the diary and the perspective, but the past and present tenses were mixed up during the passages. It would be best to reread the fanfic and edit them out. 

Story plot / Content: 24/25  

The plot was very original, which made the fanfic fun to read. The first chapter needed more describing to do because Sasha's part was just rushed. 

Overall Enjoyment: 20/20

Total Grade: B