Silent Steps

Silent Steps [work in progress]

You wrap your jacket around yourself tightly and cross your arms over your chest with a soft sigh. You breathe out silently as you stare up at the sky, you glance over at WooHyun and you see him staring ahead, he is just a few steps behind you.

You feel like asking him what he's thinking but you of course know that can't – because you're unable to utter a word.

You wonder if he's bored – sure, he may have suggested a walk for reasons you don't understand but you feel like you're boring him. The thought plants itself in your mind, brain – the thought gets you thinking hard.

You bring your finger tips to your lower lip and you caress it as you turn your gaze from the sky to the gravel ground. You're not sure how far away you are from WooHyun's house – he let your grandmother know that the two of you are out of a walk right after you stepped out of the house.

You feel your phone vibrate and you decide to ignore it – answering your phone in the middle of a conversation is rather rude – well, there is a lack of the said conversation at the moment.

“Answer it,” WooHyun says as he takes a giant step forward and stands next to you. “It's me.” He adds as an afterthought. You look at him with a surprised look before you nod your head dumbly.

You reach out for your phone and pull it out; you trace your fingertips over the screen and smile softly at the sight of the message before you click it open.

What are you thinking about?

You glance over at him before you quickly type a reply.

Hm, nothing important. Are you bored or tired?

You click send patiently waiting for his response. You both walk around the block texting each other – just hanging out like normal boring teenagers who have no money in their pockets and are bored.

30 minutes of nothing but texting and the sound of faint chuckles from WooHyun at some of your, you finally give it a rest. You tuck your phone into your pocket and you stop walking. You stretch your legs and turn around.

WooHyun gives you a confused look before he nods in understanding, “I guess we should head back?” He questions with a laugh, you give him a short nod and mentally sigh tiredly.

You pull your phone out again and this time, it's not a message from WooHyun. It's HoWon.

Your face flushes and your stomach strangely feels full – full of nothing but air. Air that has this nice aura to it, strange.

Hi. it's been forever. I think I'm beginning to forget what your face looks like.

You blink rapidly at the text – not sure how you should handle a text like that. Cute or not cute? You get your fingers ready to reply back only to have another text sent. You have an inner battle – should I reply first before checking the message or should I check the message then reply?

You decide to check the new message and you snort earning WooHyun's attention. You quickly cover your mouth with your free hand and grin sheepishly at WooHyun.

That wasn't me! DongWoo's here!

The text says, you take your hand from your mouth and you snake it around your waist. Your lips create a stupid smile and the smile stays on your face.

Howon is texting you and nothing hurts.

 

***

You smile stupidly at HoWon as he brushes your bangs behind your ear. He leans forward and gives you a short but sweet kiss before he pulls away and makes himself comfortable on his seat.

You somehow manage to find his hand in the darkness and you intertwine your fingers with his.

“The movie's about to start,” He whispers, you hear the excitement in his voice. “If it gets boring – we ditch, yeah?” He turns to you and stares.

You fight back the smile and nod your head; you lean forward and press your forehead against his. You your head to your side and pluck your lips, before you get a chance to kiss him – someone clears their throat.

You blush furiously and quickly pull back and settle in your seat. It's so surreal how forgetful HoWon can make you be – you don't blame him. You thank him in a way, you're glad to not have your mind packed with depressing thoughts or sad ones – is there a difference?

He makes you feel like you're a part of civilization – something other people forget to make you feel when they talk to you. You're not demanding for them to do that, you just want them to know it – without the need to ask.

You shake your head at how stupid that sounded; you give HoWon's hand a squeeze and smile weakly.

“You all right?” He questions thoroughly.

You hardly follow the whole movie’s storyline because you’re too busy listening to HoWon’s soft whispering – you don’t mind though. You figure that it’s been a while since you last saw him – that wasn’t many days ago – you feel and know that you’re acting like a love sick little school girl – you are a school girl. A love sick puppy is what you are at the moment – and you wouldn’t change it for anything.

Your hands get clammy and sweaty, you kiss what you think is HoWon’s cheek – it’s in the cinema and it’s dark, you never know where your lips and hands land on – you release your hold on his hands before you bring your hands together and rub them.

You bring your hands back down and intertwine your fingers with his once again.

“Cold?” He questions. You figure it’s a little too loud because someone behind the both of you hisses and forces out hashed words – Be quiet!

You shake your head and you turn your gaze to the movie. You crook your head to HoWon’s side and you rest it on his shoulder – hoping he wouldn’t mind. You smile when he brings his arm and throws it over your shoulder, pulling your closer.

“I hope you’re enjoying this as much as I am.” He mumbles with a short but sweet laugh.

¤¤¤

I puked rainbows and unicorns writing this – most of you like fluff anyways so I hope you enjoyed it. Am I forgiven for the long wait? Of course. LOL Until Next Time :]¡ Ignore the mistakes.