Silent Steps

Silent Steps [work in progress]

You don’t know how long you sat in WooHyun’s room. You both pull away from the hug and awkwardly sit next to each other. The atmosphere in the room feels awkward because neither of you bother to make a sound. WooHyun doesn’t bother to say anything at all, he’s beside you and you stare at him through the corner of your eye.

 

You notice how he’s gawking ahead at something with a concentrated look on his face. You follow his gaze and you find yourself staring out the window with him.

 

“It’s going to rain soon,” WooHyun comments out of the blue, you turn your gaze back to him and you find him staring back at you. You nervously fiddle with your hands and a blush slowly creeps its way on your cheeks. You look down at your hands and you ask yourself why you feel uncomfortable under his gaze.

 

You nod at his comment though and you hesitantly look up to his eyes again. You give him another nod and a small smile which he returns.

 

“You know,” He starts as he looks away from you; “I should learn to read sign language.” He said with a chuckle, he turns to you once again and that’s when you notice how close his face is to yours.

 

You give him a cautious nod and quickly stand up. You give him a bow and your hands find themselves together. Your heart’s beating fast and you have no idea why. Bye. You sign and you frantically turn around to leave.

 

WooHyun grabs your wrist and you swallow thickly waiting for what he is going to do. You have no idea why you want to leave. He didn’t do anything bad and he sure as hell said nothing mean. You just want to leave and go home.

 

Listen to HoWon’s voice. You think and you slowly turn to look at WooHyun. You find yourself staring into his dark orbs and once again, you swallow before you stare away from him.

 

“Stay.” There’s something different in his tone and if you aren’t mistaken – his voice sounds pleading, sad even.

 

You faintly frown before you tuck your hair behind your ear with your free hand. A few minutes go by and you stay frozen on your spot with his hand still around your wrist. WooHyun says nothing but you feel his eyes on you.

 

Having not much of a choice and of course WooHyun needs a friend around him. You ever so slowly sit back beside him and you get his fingers off your wrist.

 

“Sorry,” He chokes out awkwardly and looks away from you. You look at him through the corner of your eye and shake your head.

 

It’s alright.

 

You sign and you bring your hands back to your lap. You both turn to look outside the window and watch as the rain drops from the sky. It’s not heavy rain; just a few showers that you’re sure are bound to stop in less than 20 minutes.

 

“Let’s take a walk…” WooHyun suggests not taking his eyes away from the showers outside. “When the weather’s clear that is – you don’t have any other plans, right?” He questions finally turning to look over at you.

 

You look around the room trying to remember where your phone is. You look down on the bed and your eyes search, you slowly lift the duvet and you immediately reach for your phone. You drop the duvet once your phone is in your hand and you sit back in your previous position.

 

You scroll down the contact list rapidly and find WooHyun’s name. You do what you have to and send him a text.

 

Sure and yeah, I have no plans today.

 

You hear the sound of a soft click before a familiar vibrating sound is heard. WooHyun reaches out behind your and grabs his phone from under his pillow.

 

“So that’s where you were,” He remarks staring at his phone and smirks. You watch how his fingers dance on his touch screen and for some reason you find that amusing to look at. His concentrated face looks sort of adorable in yours eyes. Don’t think too much guys, calm the fck down LOL.

 

“Think your grandmother will be okay with you going out with me?” He looks at you and smiles showing you his teeth.

 

His question sounds wrong your ears but you shrug it off and slowly nod your head gently. You turn to your phone and send him a quick text.

 

She won’t mind.

 

You go back to home and you rapidly look for HoWon’s number. He didn’t reply back and you aren’t sure if you should be worried or not. It’s still pretty early though.

 

Ho, are you still sleeping? :(

 

You stare at the text for a few seconds before you erase it. In your eyes it looked stupid and the more you keep re-reading it, the stupider it sounded and the sad emoticon didn’t help neither did the nickname. Your fingers stop over the tiny keyboard your phone displayed and you think of what kind of text you want to send to him.

 

Hi

 

You hit send and you mentally slap yourself. That is so simple – too simple. You think but you know you can’t take it back. There is one thing you hate about texting – you can never take back what you have already sent.

 

“Are you listening?” You hear WooHyun’s voice and you immediately look away from your phone’s screen to him. You’re startled because of how close he is to you and you move your head slightly back and away from his face.

 

You throw him a sheepish smile when he raises his eyebrow at your actions. You see how his eyes move down to your lips and his lips mirrored yours.

 

He lifted his eyes and locked them with your eyes causing your heart to skip a single beat. He gets to his feet not taking his eyes off of you and holds his hand out to you. You look at him with a confused expression and he rolls his eyes.

 

“Showers are over,” He states cheekily, “Let’s take a short walk.” He says and you stand up from his bed with his help. He holds your hand in his and drags you over to the door.

 

Your phone vibrates and your steps come to a halt, WooHyun stops and turns to look at you. You look back at him before your eyes trail to your joined hands.

 

He seems to just notice that he is holding your hand and quickly let’s go. “Sorry,” He mumbles and you wave him off with an embarrassing smile.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

An update should be up in a few days so don’t ask for one.

Omfg, I know, I know! I took a pretty ing long time to update but hear me out LOL I was chilling out instead of updating because I didn’t feel inspired enough to write Silent Steps but anyway, I hope the update above was worth the wait and if it wasn’t worth the wait, then whatever I don’t have time to bow down to you LOL. Once again, I apologize for taking so damn long. If you haven’t read these few sentences then that know you’re a LOL. I try to make time and sometimes I think underestimate school work a little too much LMAO. Until Next Time :]¡  

I didn’t use that story feed thingy because I hate it and when stories I’m subbed to use it, it annoys me because hello, it’s called story feed for a reason not your personal diary. If you’re an author who writes random story feeds, stop it, this isn’t twitter.