Silent Steps

Silent Steps [work in progress]

Your eyes widen as the confession sinks in and you look up to see Mrs. Nam giving you a smile. You look at her with worry in your eyes filled with confusion but she gives you a smile and an understanding nod. Tears well up in your eyes and your arms go around HoWon, as if his hug isn’t suffocating enough – he holds you tighter.

 

You place your hands on his chest and you push him gently away from him before you lock your gaze with his. You see the sincerity in his eyes and how worried he looks. He doesn’t look away from you and if anything, he looks like his trying to look for answers in your eyes but his expression tells you that you’re not making it easy for him.

 

You bring your hands to your chest and you hold them close to you not taking your eyes off him. It’s like he knows what you’re thinking when he speaks.

 

“I’m not lying.” He says firmly, Mrs. Nam walks past the two of you and walks into your grandmother’s ward without interrupting the two of you.

 

“I like you,” He tells you softly, a tiny smile spreads on his face and he stares at you. “I always have – you believe me, don’t you?” He questions, his eyes roaming all over your face causing your cheeks to heat up. You know his not lying but you’re sure there’s something holding you back. You swallow and you blink back tears – you don’t even know what the tears are doing in your eyes.

 

He reaches out to touch your cheek and you let him – if it was someone else, you would have slapped their hand away or moved out of their reach. You lean into the touch and you close your eyes letting out a soft sigh. You feel exhausted and it’s already late. You want to go home and sleep – you have school the next day.

 

You open your eyes and you gasp at how close HoWon is. You can feel his breath on your nose, his nose rubs against yours and you shut your eyes when he gets closer. You feel soft lips on your right cheek before you feel them on your left cheek. The same lips press themselves on your forehead and you open your eyes frozen on the spot.

 

He rubs his thumb gently over your lips before he grabs your hand and places it on his chest right where his heart is. You feel the fast beats of his heart and you look from your hand on his chest to him. He smiles and nods.

 

You wrap your arms around his middle and you place your head on his chest, holding him as tight as you can. You nod your head and you look up at him not changing your position. He looks down at you and you see his eyes twinkle.

 

Attachment.

 

You know that after this, your attachment to him is going to be different from before because you know that now you’re passed the friendship boundary but that doesn’t mean you can’t be friends. Just more than friends.

 

Aren’t people supposed to be best friends before they think of dating?

 

Dating? You think and a blush makes its way on your face.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

“Masterpiece, isn’t it?” You turn to the voice and you smile at Sungjong. You flip the notebook you’re writing in to the last page and you adjust the pen in your hands.

 

Masterpiece alright. I love Shakespeare.

 

You push it at the edge of your desk for him to see it and he grins. “So do I,” He whispers.

 

Books are my favorite way of learning how people’s minds work. You think as you stare at your sentence. Your teacher’s voice drifts away.  It makes me understand them a bit. You bite the tip of your pen before you look at Sungjong through the corner of your eye – you catch him staring at you.

 

“Are you okay?” He asks curiously and you flash him a smile. “You have panda eyes – cute.” He comments and you cover your mouth with your hand to hide the grin.

 

“Quiet you two.” Mrs. Kang snaps and you turn your attention to her. You watch her spin back to the board and you watch how fast she writes down the notes on the board before you do the same.

 

“Sungjong was the only one talking.” One person in your class comments and the people within earshot stare at him with pure annoyance in their eyes. “She’s dumb and dumb people can’t talk,” He sniggered along with his two friends; he looks at you when you look his way and chuckles.

 

You look away from him and you stare at your halfway written notes. This isn’t the first time he has made such a comment. You think as you tuck your hair behind you ear and you clutch your pen in your hand to stop yourself from crying. You can feel you lips tremble and you blink rapidly.

 

“Hey!” Your head snaps up at the sudden high pitched scream. “Why are you such a douchebag?” You stare at HyunA as she stands from her seat and you notice how pissed off she looks.

 

“Kim HyunA –” Mrs. Kang gets rudely interrupted by the said girl.

 

“He needs to learn some manners,” She shouts and her face wrinkles angrily, “He can’t go around saying whatever the he wants to her.” She points at you and your eyes widen at the curse.

 

“Kim HyunA!” Obviously the ugly remark by the guy in your class went unheard to her because she looks bewildered at HyunA’s sudden outburst.

 

It’s okay. Tell her to calm down.

 

You quickly scribble that down and you nudge Sungjong, he looks at the sentence in disbelief and shakes his head.

 

“No way,” He stands up and glares at the guy and his friends. “This should be the last time. Shut the hell up –” Mrs. Kang slams her book on the table.

 

“Lee Sungjong!” She scowls.

 

“What can you do?” The guy stands up and shoves his hands in his pocket. You shiver at the glare he gives you and you feel like crawling into a ball but you just look away from him. “She knows she’s dumb – I don’t get why you’re both getting offended.” He mocks.

 

The class falls silent and you know Mrs. Kang is at loss of words or she just doesn’t know what to say. You stand up attempting to run away from the classroom but a hand grabs your wrist and your heart feels heavy that you can’t run away.

 

You’re forced to look at the person who is holding your wrist and you find yourself staring a pair of familiar eyes. Kim MyungSoo.

 

He stands up from his seat and sighs tiredly before he turns to the guy and his friends. Mrs. Kang stays frozen in front of the classroom not knowing what to do.

 

“Kim MyungSoo, sit down!” She orders when she snaps out of her shock. “Get out of my classroom,” She says referring to the guy who was being rude but he doesn’t move.

 

You let MyungSoo drag you towards the guy and he stops. You slowly look up and you find the two of them sharing a staring contest. You try to break away from MyungSoo but his grip on you tightens.

 

“Apologize,” He says calmly to the guy who looks at him as though he has lost it. “Apologize.” MyungSoo repeats, firmer.

 

“Why should I bother?” The guy laughs and you know from the sound of it that it’s a forced laugh. “She doesn’t deserve my respect – she should be put in an institution instead of trying to act normal.” He stated and that pierced through your heart. It hurts, being told that directly hurts and it just brings you down. A tear slips and that causes more tears to start falling like a waterfall.

 

The next moment happens so fast your brain fails to register what’s happening; MyungSoo releases your wrist and he immediately grabs the guy’s collar slamming him into one of his friends. “Sungjong!” MyungSoo hisses not taking his eyes off the guy, you notice his grip on the collar get tighter.

 

“Not in my class! Get out, both of you!” Mrs. Kang shrieks, horrible.

 

“Get HoWon.” MyungSoo growls staring at Sungjong ignoring Mrs. Kang, he releases his grip on the guy who tries to look indifferent. You look over at Sungjong and you find him pressing his phone against his ear and saying something but you can’t hear – you can’t hear any sound, you have blocked any all the sounds surrounding you. You look in front of the class and you see all the students there. Mrs. Kang is nowhere to be seen and you’re scared out of your wits.

 

Someone steps into the class room minutes later and you look at the person. Your eyes grow wide and you unconsciously run over to the person, seeking comfort from him. You stop in front of him and you see his lips move, you don’t hear him but you manage to read his lips.

 

Are you okay?

 

You nod and he cups your cheeks before he looks over you and his voice fills your ears. “Which one is he?” HoWon hisses and you don’t think you have ever heard his voice this angry. You see everyone point at the guy and his friends, when HoWon advances over to the guy MyungSoo steps aside and you close your eyes when HoWon grabs the guy’s collar.

 

“What the did you say to her?” The anger in his voice scares you and the frustration you hear makes you open your eyes again.

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

Let’s face it, people like that guy exist. HyunA is a good girl here, I happen to like her so she’s not going to be the bad one =.= I’m sick of that in fanfics but I read them anyway LOL. MyungSoo’s relationship with the main girl is going to stay the way it is; classmates/schoolmates/whatever/dragging her around is his job ok LOLOL. I’m stating this cause some of you guys might think otherwise and bombard me with questions about his relationship with her, calm your LOL. To reach this chapter you should know that she’s still progressing to put herself out there and apparently, she hasn’t worked on defending herself against people like that classmate, how can she? I wonder. And yeppies, HoWon’s pissed LOL someone’s head is gonna end up in a rusty smelly sink. Poor Mrs. Kang LOL she's so useless. Where’s WooHyun?! He's flirting, making out with his shoes so nvm about him LOL. I'll be sure to look through this chapter and correct errors I know I've made after I finish my homework LOL. Until Next Time :]¡