Silent Steps

Silent Steps [work in progress]

HyunA launches herself at you; she practically rips HoWon away from you before she gives you a tight hug. “Congratulations!” She exclaims loudly in your ears and you wince at how loud her voice is. She pulls away from you and looks at you up and down causing you to flush scarlet, embarrassed.

 

You hear your classmates cheering happily – well, the ones that enjoy your presence and the ones that have finally accepted you as their classmate. HoWon throws his arm over your shoulder and pulls you closer to him – away from HyunA – before he gives you a kiss on your cheek and your cheeks heat up.

 

“I’ll see you in a bit, alright?” He whispers only for you to hear and you nod giving him a huge smile. You don’t think you’ve ever smiled this much in a day – he makes you happy, happy to the point where you think there’s nothing wrong in the world and that with him by you each chance you get, your heart flutters or does the usual pounding of joy.

 

Then there’s WooHyun, you look around the room trying to spot the mentioned person and you find him staring at you. You offer him a smile which he doesn’t return and you wonder what’s wrong with him. A tiny frown forms on your forehead and a part of you tells you that he’s displeased with something.

 

You wave the thought off and you watch as HoWon leaves the classroom. Sungjong and HyunA pop beside you with playful eyes.

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

“It takes two to tango,” Mr. Jung announces as he looks away from his clipboard, his voice bouncing off the walls of the dance room. “Pairs of two, only.” He declares looking around the room.

 

“Can we choose who we want?” A girl shouts from across the room and Mr. Jung glares at her causing her to shrink away. You’re still wondering how in the world he’s even a teacher here when all he seems to do is scare students away – but he’s a good teacher and knows his job.

 

“Because you asked, I’ll be choosing.” He answers clearing his throat and looks around the room once more before he stares back at his clipboard once again. You feel everyone in the room tense up and you know they are praying to be with the ones they get along with. You want to do the same but you don’t put much thought to it. You want to dance, you need to dance and you don’t mind who you’ll be paired up with. You miss dancing and you’re reaching your limit. Again.

 

You feel as though you might explode if you don’t, your legs start twitching as you wait for Mr. Jung to make up his mind. As if he is reading your thoughts, he snaps his head up and stares at you.

 

You bite your lower lip looking away from him and wanting him to stop staring. You stare at the ground and you start to tap your foot on the ground, getting impatient.

 

“You bend well,” Mr. Jung finally speaks after clearing his throat, you look up and you give him a strange look.

 

“That sounds dirty.” WooHyun remarks with a sarcastic cough and a few laughs are heard throughout the room from the students.

 

Mr. Jung chooses to ignore him, “Kim YooKwon!” He calls out and the said person stumbles forward from the crowd. “Hip-hop is your strong point but today is tango day.” He informs and you look at YooKwon who rolls his eyes.

 

“I can see that, Mr. Jung,” He responds with a sigh, “Pair me up with Nicole!” He exclaims chirpily only to receive a glare in response. “Well, sorry for being excited.” He mutters sarcastically and you smile.

 

“You go with the Awkward one,” Mr. Jung points at you, you mentally roll your eyes but the smile stays on your face. YooKwon looks over at you and grins before he walks over to you. He steps between you and HoWon causing your laced fingers with HoWon’s to break apart. You don’t know why but you throw an apologetic look to HoWon.

 

“Can you tango?” YooKwon questions and you blink at him. I breakdance – that’s what I’m good at. You think before you give him an unsure nod. But tango can’t be that hard, can it?

 

“Good,” He answers, “I watch crappy shows with my parents about tangoing – is that a word?” You snort at that and immediately cover your mouth when they all turn to look at you.

 

“Did you just…?” He asks with an amused expression on his face and you look away trying to bury yourself. This is so embarrassing. You feel like yanking your hair out. Snorting, even though it’s the only way for people to hear your laugh– you find it way too embarrassing to let out because it’s usually breathy.

 

“Valentines is just around the corner – you all better have a dance planned for it. I’m going to grade the dance and teamwork,” Mr. Jung informs before he starts pairing everyone, randomly pairings.

 

“Shall we?” YooKwon inquires and you nod.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

“Isn’t that?” The question from HoWon’s mouth is ignored when you stop dead in your tracks at the sight of the familiar person standing in front of a dark red car just opposite the school. HoWon stops with you and raises his eyebrow, you turn away and you tug his sleeve desperately.

 

“You know you have to go with her until your grandmother is well,” He chuckles and you shake your head frantically not wanting to spend time with your mother. You look back at her and she spots you, she waves but you don’t wave back or smile at her. You look back at HoWon with pleading eyes but a tiny smile forms on his lips and that itself tells you that you’re not getting out of it.

 

You don’t feel like protesting so you pout and you cross your arms over your chest. You stare at the ground before something pops up in your head. You look back at HoWon; your intense gaze seems to startle him.

 

He blinks, “Are you – ?” You get on your tiptoes and you gently press your lips against his, the kiss is quick but it makes your heart beats so fast you think your ribcage will have cracks in the near future. You pull away before he can kiss you back and ignoring your aching muscles you run over to your mother.

 

¤¤¤¤

Everything about the car ride to your mother’s house is awkward. She doesn’t say anything and you can understand why, you have been avoiding her eye contact; you don’t feel like meeting her gaze at all. You have been in the car for over 20 minutes – yes, you’re counting how long you can last with her – without wanting to escape.

 

The house she stops in front of has got to be the largest house you have ever seen, she steps out of the car and nods at you for you to get out. You walk out of the car and you awkwardly stand by it after slamming to car door shut – gently.

 

“Come,” She says softly almost hesitantly and that makes you feel a little bad. You take few steps forward and you stop beside her, she leads you to what you think is the front door and rings the doorbell.

 

A young woman in a uniform – maid’s outfit sounds offensive in your ears – opens the door and she immediately bows to your mother. Is she rich or something? You think and you bow at the maid right after she bows at you.

 

“You don’t have to do that,” Your mother says as she steps into the house – mansion but you decide to stick with calling it a house – you follow closely behind her holding your backpack tightly in your arms.

 

“Are you hungry?” She suddenly asks after a long period of uncomfortable silence. You finally look at her – you analyze every inch and detail her face displays – she is beautiful.

 

You decide to be honest with her and you nod – you wanted to lie but the look in her eyes tell you how desperate she is.

 

A smile finds its way on her face and she nods to herself. “I’ll show you to your room!” She reaches out to touch you but seems to hold herself back when she meets your eye. “Sorry,” She whispers before she turns away and leads you to your temporary room in silence.

 

You both stop in front of the door and stare at it. You look at her through the corner of your eye before you stare at the door.

 

“I hope you like it,” She mutters touching the doorknob and turning it, she pushes the door and you find yourself staring into a dark room. She gestures for you to step in first and when you do – it’s still dark.

 

You frown. Where is the switch? You place your bag down and you begin to feel the wall near you.

 

You hear a short soft laugh, “You have to move around in the room for the lights to go on – there is no switch.” She explains and you blush in embarrassment.

 

You nervously take a step further into the room and your eyes widen in amusement when you hear the lights flicking on and then seconds later the dark room is bright. You blink rapidly to help your eyes adjust – you can’t stop the tiny gasp.

 

Beautiful.

 

The room was beautiful – the word beautiful doesn’t do justice for how the room is and how dreamy it looks. It’s painted in your favorite color, there’s a bed in the center and the room looks like the one you have at your grandmother’s house only bigger and a different scent to it but you like the scent.

 

“Hey,” You spin around, “Just shout for me if you want something.” She tells you and you give her a weird look.

 

I can’t talk.

 

She might have seen your expression, she cracked a small smile. “There’s a box in the wardrobe – make sure to use caps lock, that’s what I mean by ‘shout’.” Her attention is stolen by a ringing sound and you see her pull her phone out of her pocket.

 

“I’ll be right back – don’t wander around.” She says in a hurry before she turns away and rushes to who knows where.

 

You stand in the room for a few seconds before you snap out of it and you make your way hesitantly towards the wardrobe. You open it and the emptiness freaks you out a bit. You look around it and you spot a small box in the corner.

 

You pick up the box and you take it with you to the bed, you sit on the bed and you think you might just fall asleep.

 

So comfy!You think as you rip the warping paper to see what is under it.

 

WooHyun!You think staring with wide eyes at the phone you have seen WooHyun holding around – it can’t be his because the box is still sealed. The phone resembles WooHyun’s phone but you know it’s not the same one. The phone has already been unwrapped but it was neatly sealed in again.

 

What makes you more surprised is the phone’s cover when you practically rip it out of the box impatiently – Hoya. Pathetic or not, your eyes sting not from pain but because of how much you have missed the sight of Hoya flowers. The phone vibrates right after you turn it on and you almost freak out.

 

You look at the bright screen and you raise your eyebrow. A message? I’m already famous or what? You click on the new message for it to open and you read it.

 

I hope you like the room and the phone ^^! Everyone you know has been added by your grandmother! Go look in the drawer :)

 

You blink and you picture your mother’s face when you close your eyes. It’s obvious that she’s the one who just texted. But why hasn’t she listed herself? You frown looking that the phone number weirdly.

 

You walk over to the nightstand and you open the drawer. You grab the book or whatever it is and you flip it open.

 

An album?

 

On the first page, you stare at the handwriting trying to know who it is but you have never seen it before. The sentence you read written by the handwriting confuses you.

 

From afar, I watched you grow.

 

You furrow your eyebrows before you flip to the next page and smile at baby pictures. As you keep watching and smiling at the pictures – the smile soon dies when the person starts looking way too familiar.

 

The person in the pictures is you.

 

¤¤¤¤

Dun dun dun dun dun!!!!!!!! LOL JK anywho, looks like her mother was taking care of her behind closed doors – wtf that doesn’t make any sense LOL. Until Next Time :] and FINE, DON’T IGNORE WOOHYUN LOL *dying* WooHyun Fans ~~> Viscous Cycle | He’s the main there so yeah enjoy LOL. Not edited blah blah etc.